Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: The Transfer Agent

• Start Topic

Mickey finally learns the truth about the botched heist, and he’s out to get his fair share of the money. Ray reflects on his early memories of Jim Sullivan while he and Molly track down Sandy and Mickey by any means necessary. Smitty is questioned by the police and confronted with the consequences of his actions.

Original airdate: 12/29/19

• Love 1

Interesting back story.  I don’t see how Mickey gets out early after all the shots he took at the cops.

Daryl meanwhile is burning bridges.  First Ray, now he’s taking something meant for all the brothers.

Mickey really think he’s going to rip off Sullivan and they won’t come back at him?  If not him, his sons won’t be safe either if they get the money.  But him giving them the money won’t undo all the shit he’s brought on them all their lives.

Sandy learns the hard way that you don’t mess with Ray.

The other thing is, I’m not sure Ray and Mickey can reconcile after this.  If I didn’t know better, I might believe the series is coming to an end.  But Showtime will keep renewing as long as the main stars keep doing it.

It would difficult for Ray and Daryl to reconcile too.  But they could write him off the show a lot more easily than they could write Mickey off it.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 1

This was one of the best episodes of the series I think. It was directed by Kyra Sedgwick. I have to admit much of the plot and the history from past seasons is lost on me, but I just enjoy it as I watch it without connecting many of the dots. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 4

I don't care enough about Mickey to merit an entire episode about him complete with flashbacks. All it did was confirm that he's always been a shitbag.

But I totally rolled my eyes when he blamed Jimmy for his life going wrong and complaining about how when he got back from prison, his wife was dead and Ray hated him. FUCK OFF, MICKEY. He'd already left his wife for Darryl's mother before that job so he doesn't get to boo hoo about his wife dying. You knew she was dying when you were cheating on her. You knew she was dying when you left her in the care of your young children. And that's exactly why Ray already hated you before you went to prison, you idiot. But yes, by all means, shirk your responsibility once again and put all the blame for your family woes on Jimmy rather than yourself. Gawd.

I mean, Jimmy wasn't lying when he said he did everyone a favor when he set Mickey up. It's not like he was doing much good for Ray, Terry, Bunchy, or Bridget by having an affair while his wife was dying of cancer and coming home just to drink the beer in the fridge and steal the money in the coffee can. It's not like the kids needed that money for food.

Jimmy is no angel but I felt for him having to listen to Mickey go on and on about shit he clearly knows nothing about (like compound interest).

• Love 8

I thought Ray was going to shoot Mickey. Maybe it's leading to this at the end of this season.

Would have been nice to seen the other young Donovan kids.

I had the same confused look and questions as Molly when she found out Mickey survived the crash/fire.

Young Mickey gets in a shoot out with the police and lived??? Sullivan could have had O'Malley kill him then. 

Sullivan and others could have pulled off this heist at another time or different location without Mickey's involvement. It seems they framed him just for jokes and say FU!

Mickey went to prison and never ratted on any of them?! Sullivan should have paid the Donovan family something.

Were the other cops in on the heist or just O'Malley?  They just let the armored truck get away? 

Surprised the fire was contained to that one spot and the house didn't burn down. I hope Sandy's dildos didn't perish.

Was Ray concussed, thought the bodyguard was Darryl and wanted to shoot him?

The Transfer Agent is available 24 hours? It had to be 12:30 - 1:00 am when Jimmy called.

Ray giving Terry  the bloody stick shift and telling Molly Terry will drive her home was funny.  Good job by Terry bringing Ray's car in one piece.

I think Smitty told the cop something. 

Now Ray has the tapes and Darryl has the certificates. Not going well for Mickey!

Jimmy to Sandy: You are the spitting image of your grandfather.

• Love 1

Heh, Mickey was a looker back in the day. A POS to his core though.

So apparently his cohorts always considered Mickey an easy mark, at least the ones who were using him. Oh well. And Sullivan worked them all.

I didn't understand that scene between young Ray and Sullivan. Did Sullivan pay Ray not to kill Mickey? Seems everybody would've been better off if Ray had offed Mickey then, before decades of lives were ruined.

Sandy being into old school rap music is hilarious to me. Where would she have picked that up? Whatever, that was a slick move by Ray charging up her credit card.

Seems to me like there'd be like a 24-hour delay on that stock transfer stuff. Especially if it's over a certain dollar amount.

Smitty's a stand-up kid and Bridget sure doesn't deserve it. Guess he knows the Donovans would kill him if he ratted.

Daryll's such a idiot, I half expect him to try to get some Wite-Out and change the name on the stock certificates from Terrance to Daryll.

• Love 1

BTW, Molly saved that guard's life.

Not sure why Ray was going to kill him.

I guess because the transfer agent got away or something?

Will Ray give up the life for Molly?  Or he will always have to fix the trouble his family always gets into and he will need to pay the bills by fixing things for dumb boy singers, though Molly will be rich.

Edited by scrb
1 minute ago, scrb said:

though Molly will be rich.

According to how the money will be distributed, Molly is being put in charge of a charity so I don't know how rich she will be. I'm sure running the charity pays nicely, but there was no gift of cash specifically to her, nor did it say that she would be given a percentage of the company. 

I don't understand why they put Terry's name on the certificate. He's not going to go along with Mickey's DUMB scam. Mickey and Darryl deserve each other, i.e. two losers.

Compound interest, what a jerk.

Did the tapes get burned in the fire at Sandy's?

Edited by preeya
7 hours ago, scrb said:

Will Ray give up the life for Molly?  Or he will always have to fix the trouble his family always gets into and he will need to pay the bills by fixing things for dumb boy singers, though Molly will be rich.

Bridget gave Molly good advice last ep - stay away from the Donovans.  Ray will always try to fix all their stupid shit.  

2 hours ago, preeya said:

I don't understand why they put Terry's name on the certificate. He's not going to go along with Mickey's DUMB scam. Mickey and Darryl deserve each other, i.e. two losers.

Compound interest, what a jerk.

Did the tapes get burned in the fire at Sandy's?

Old school putting the eldest son in charge.  Exactly the opposite of Sullivan putting the younger son in charge and the fucked up oldest son is in such a snit over.  

Thought this ep was great as well. The young actors were all awesome, especially the one playing Mick. His expressions and sayings were perfect portraying him as his younger self. Didn't get why Ray was gonna kill the guard also, just knock him out. Probably just had it and wanted to take everything out on him. Funny Terry was terrible driving the last ep, then he was driving Smitty back perfectly fine. Just needed the practice?

• Love 1

What a sad situation to bring in Alan Alda as a therapist for Ray and to devote almost no time within those scenes to having Ray talk about anything. I thought of Tony Soprano's scenes with Dr. Melfi and how the scripts took the time to develop Tony's inner life. Ray blurts out a few words and those scenes end. Just sad. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 1
On 12/29/2019 at 1:08 AM, scrb said:

Daryl meanwhile is burning bridges.  First Ray, now he’s taking something meant for all the brothers.

If I didn’t know better, I might believe the series is coming to an end.  But Showtime will keep renewing as long as the main stars keep doing it.

It would difficult for Ray and Daryl to reconcile too.  But they could write him off the show a lot more easily than they could write Mickey off it.

I have Ben feeling as if this season is the send off to the show, but, you’re probably right and Ray Donovan is on its way to becoming Showtime’s Supernatural.

As for Daryl, the show Pooch Hall was previously on, The Game, is being rebooted, so he might have opted to leave, or at the very least might have been good with being written out of the show.

I'm confused with that stock certificate.  It had 100 printed as part of the document in the upper right hand corner, then the "typed" in part at the bottom said $124.xx (forgot the exact amount) per share.  Did Jimmy and the transfer agent have a code set up?  Or do I just not get stock certificates?  (which wouldn't be a stretch)

ETA:  Ray is becoming Terminator-like.  and its a little ridiculous.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

IETA:  Ray is becoming Terminator-like.  and its a little ridiculous.  

Liev Schreiber has called Ray a "serial killer." It is amazing that he has killed so many people and is still on the loose. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I'm confused with that stock certificate.  It had 100 printed as part of the document in the upper right hand corner, then the "typed" in part at the bottom said $124.xx (forgot the exact amount) per share. 

The certificate says: "$124.53 PAR VALUE PER SHARE"

I know par value is not the same as face value, but not sure how these amounts work. 

Any stock experts that can explain this, please do.

12 minutes ago, preeya said:

The certificate says: "$124.53 PAR VALUE PER SHARE"

I know par value is not the same as face value, but not sure how these amounts work. 

Any stock experts that can explain this, please do.

google tells me they're pretty much the same thing.  What I gather is that "par value" is an arbitrary number the holder assigns.  I'm convinced they're running a game on Micky.  

Par value is basically the minimum value of a share; the market value can be higher than par value but shouldn’t be lower.  It’s odd that it would be that high and that precise, usually par value is something like one cent or one dollar. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

google tells me they're pretty much the same thing.  What I gather is that "par value" is an arbitrary number the holder assigns.  I'm convinced they're running a game on Micky.  

So, if what you say is true, that piece of paper is only worth $12,453.

Sounds feasible, and dumb Mickey & Darryl will be thinking they're rich.

• LOL 2