Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: The Last Supper

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Good of Joe to remind us what an absolute piece of shit is even in his limited voice appearance, I can’t believe he blamed Teresa for him not becoming a citizen. Even worse he made me fill a smidge of sympathy for Teresa and that pisses me off!

Goes to show the SOB hasn't changed at all. He can't accept responsibility for one. single. thing. I bet Tre is done with him and just putting on a fake show for TV and her daughters. I also bet Joe will find himself a hot Italian sweetie as soon as he can. The man is shit. Not that Tre isn't much better but she gets credit for keeping a roof over the kids heads, food on the table and taking care of her dad. Oh, yeah, and putting in a new $50,000 pool in the back yard. Just what you need in Jersey when you can't even use it 9 mos out of the year. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And Tre burned that ham but good!

That wasn't the only thing that looked burned on that table.  Did you see the lasagna?  I hope having the production crew there throwing off their usual preparations was the reason and that this wasn't an accurate representation of their cooking skills.

• Useful 1

Tre was the one pushing Joe for the house and the material things.  She is no less guilty than Joe.

Sorry Gia, your parents are thieves and your father was too lazy to get his citizenship.  That's the truth you have to deal with.  Not that the judicial system is unfair to your father.

Joey is right.  It's time to give it up.

The best part of the episode was when one of Joe and Mel's son looked at the camera and put his finger in front of his nose (don't say anything) and popped a chocolate in his mouth.  Now that was funny.

OK.  And to a certain extent, the sprinkle cookies.

I felt bad for Jackie dealing with her father and her eating disorder.  He just doesn't get it.  I did like that Jackie's daughter told her mom she looked pretty in the video.

I guess Frank's only income is from being on the show.  He still lives with D and films anytime they'll let him. 

I wish Jen would spend as much time on her children as she does on herself.  I don't know how to put this if you know what I mean.....

Edited by breezy424
grammer
  • Love 16
22 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Actually hot peppers are said to help opening airways in asthma sufferers, so it probably  is an old home remedy.

It's the capsaicin in the peppers that opens sinus cavities and clogged nasal passages....not sure about COPD or other pulmonary issues. Nono looks ill. All the schlepping, cooking, running around with the kids and grief for his loss of his wife have aged him horribly. Teresa always used her parents as babysitters, cooks and chauffeurs for the kids..it's no wonder they got sick so much. Nono should be retired and living in Florida relaxing and playing bocce ball.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Tre was the one pushing Joe for the house and the material things.  She is no less guilty than Joe.

Sorry Gia, your parents are thieves and your father was too lazy to get his citizenship.  That's the truth you have to deal with.  Not that the judicial system is unfair to your father.

Joey is right.  It's time to give it up.

The best part of the episode was when one of Joe and Mel's son looked at the camera and put his finger in front of his nose (don't say anything) and popped a chocolate in his mouth.  Now that was funny.

OK.  And to a certain extent, the sprinkle cookies.

I felt bad for Jackie dealing with her father and her eating disorder.  He just doesn't get it.  I did like that Jackie's daughter told her mom she looked pretty in the video.

I guess Frank's only income is from being on the show.  He still lives with D and films anytime they'll let him. 

I wish Jen would spend as much time on her children as she does on herself.  I don't know how to put this if you know what I mean.....

Jackie's father is an idiot...trotting out that old video that was clearly a low point in Jackie's life. What an asshole he is.

So agree about Jennifer...she's all decked out in full makeup and Chanel clothes and jewelry and her daughters look like raga muffins with uncombed hair, ill fitting cheap clothes and like the boys are over weight and unhappy. It breaks my heart to hear her older daughter talk of the kind of abuse she is suffering at school. Being hit with a ball deliberately should be reported..Jennifer is such a tough girl when she's been drinking too much tequila but when it comes to her daughter being bullied at school she does nothing? That is just negligent and poor parenting. The bullying will only get worse if it isn't nipped in the bud now. She could help her daughter by getting her hair cut and styled and better clothes. Get her into a sport or swimming class...something that will give her self esteem and help her lose weight and be healthy. All her kids need to be in some sort of athletic program so they can exercise, learn better social skills and work with teammates. Just running around the house and playing on an iPad or computer is just lard ass parenting.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, kicksave said:

Jackie's father is an idiot...trotting out that old video that was clearly a low point in Jackie's life. What an asshole he is.

So agree about Jennifer...she's all decked out in full makeup and Chanel clothes and jewelry and her daughters look like raga muffins with uncombed hair, ill fitting cheap clothes and like the boys are over weight and unhappy. It breaks my heart to hear her older daughter talk of the kind of abuse she is suffering at school. Being hit with a ball deliberately should be reported..Jennifer is such a tough girl when she's been drinking too much tequila but when it comes to her daughter being bullied at school she does nothing? That is just negligent and poor parenting. The bullying will only get worse if it isn't nipped in the bud now. She could help her daughter by getting her hair cut and styled and better clothes. Get her into a sport or swimming class...something that will give her self esteem and help her lose weight and be healthy. All her kids need to be in some sort of athletic program so they can exercise, learn better social skills and work with teammates. Just running around the house and playing on an iPad or computer is just lard ass parenting.

ITA. I would have had to ask more questions about the ball incident - I am hoping Jennifer did off camera , as another child and the school was involved. 

Jennifer was making a salad (ok - good choice) but she was dressing it in very thick dressing. It could be a case of the meals, especially traditional old-school ones, that are prepared for the children, need to be re-vamped so that they are a little more healthy.  I looked up that Pizzagaina  that Melissa placed on the table and I think my BP went up at least 10 points.

Is Jennifer youngest daughter starting to "mature" or was it the dress/top she was wearing was a little snug ? See - 7 minutes in - greeting her uncle and asking about her piano lesson.

One issue is the kids body type - they don't have much of a neck and they have a longer face. I'm trying to see which parent they inherited the neck from. Its been a minute since I've seen Dr. Evil. 

Its funny Jennifer is the one last year? who was boasting she had a tennis court, indoor B-ball court and a pool. Yet seems like her kids could give less than a damn. One would think she would be raising Division 1 college scholarship athletes. 

And her 14 yr old doesn't need to be skateboarding in the house  with all of that property outside .

Speaking of which Jennifer said the "sons" traditionally are groomed to take over the father's business - wonder how studious her sons are , as they would have to be pre-med majors.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

If I do something that I know is wrong I understand I have to pay the consequences, but I am still allowed to have feelings about it and so are they.

I think the problem most people have with them is that they don't believe what they did was wrong. And IF/when they finally realize what they did was wrong, they don't believe that they should pay any consequences. That's the part they don't get...the entitlement, which turns a lot of folks off to their feelings.

• Love 12
On 12/18/2019 at 10:46 PM, NYCFree said:

I was wondering if Papa Gorga was trying some home remedy with the hot sauce, he definitely didn’t look well. I did a very cursory Google search and can’t find hot sauce as a home remedy for breathing troubles.

I just read three days ago, a study came out that chili peppers reduce fatality risk by cardiac event and stroke. Music to my ears as I'm addicted to hot sauce😊

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I'm thinking the phrase "2x2" is prison slang...

Juicy been known to converse in "inmate language" in the middle of a sentence..

2 beds/2 inmates,on one side ,  but with over-crowding there are 5 people... maybe.... 

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

He's a grown man. My BF could hypothetically "push" me to pay for something we can't afford and, as much as I might like the idea of having whatever it is, I just...wouldn't. (Though if he's blaming her for not making him get his citizenship, maybe he's someone who enjoys being pushed?)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

He's a grown man. My BF could hypothetically "push" me to pay for something we can't afford and, as much as I might like the idea of having whatever it is, I just...wouldn't. (Though if he's blaming her for not making him get his citizenship, maybe he's someone who enjoys being pushed?)

Was that him in the preview on the phone also blaming her for pushing him into marriage or did I mishear him? Poor guy. Having no will of your own must be really tough.

I found that dinner made me really sad. Theresa's two youngest are the same age as my girls and I just felt so sad for Audriana. She needs to be told the truth, but I know, for me, my 9 year old feels like my baby too. I can't see not feeling sorry for these girls. They didn't do anything and of course they aren't going to fully understand what their parents did and what they deserve as a result. They're kids. Even Gia's brain isn't fully developed yet, never mind the others. Plus, it's their parents - they will maybe never see them clearly. Plus, they're human beings. I can't help but feel for all of them.

I can't stand Jackie, but wtf. There is something seriously bizarre with her family and it's very strange dynamics. What's going on there? I thought it was very sweet when her daughter immediately piped up to say she looked beautiful in that video. 

Joe G is right but he's also so dim that it's hard to take him seriously. This family is so messed up because they try SO hard to repress their feelings that they become complete messes at the drop of a hat as a result. Theresa and Gia are both the most successful at repressing their emotions while the men all sob at the table. Very hard to watch and I hope Gia can break out of her mom's cycle because it won't serve her well.

Why the hell does Margaret care so much about Marty's sex life? I get that Danielle is a monster, but her overreaction is very, very strange to me.

• Love 9

Why the hell does Margaret care so much about Marty's sex life? I get that Danielle is a monster, but her overreaction is very, very strange to me.

I don't know, but the way she said "good riddance" in the last episode after Danielle hung up on Teresa after made me laugh, as Margaret's manner of speaking/inflections often do (eg, "Who, the bag-checker?" and "Your husband's in the pool" from last season).

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 12/19/2019 at 3:26 AM, biakbiak said:

Good of Joe to remind us what an absolute piece of shit is even in his limited voice appearance, I can’t believe he blamed Teresa for him not becoming a citizen. Even worse he made me fill a smidge of sympathy for Teresa and that pisses me off!

I can see a scenario where this might be true. He may have considered it, but Teresa is so "old school", maybe she wanted to be married to an Italian citizen. I can see her thinking there would be something brag-worthy about it. It, probably, would never have been an issue, if he hadn't broken the law(s).

9 hours ago, kicksave said:

It seems weird that she just tells her to buck up or whatever.  I know you can't run away from your problems, but I would maybe ask if she wanted to switch schools or something.  I mean, the school should take care of the bullying, but there is only so much they can do and if the bully's parents aren't telling them to knock it off, then it will continue.  What's so bad about a fresh start?

• Love 1

It pained me to see Jackie's kids there, thinking that their mom looked beautiful all dressed up for prom, followed by Jackie talking about how the next day she went on a diet. her dad saying how much weight she had lost, Jackie saying she had almost died, that for 20 years all she did was diet, etc.  

And they just thought their mommy looked pretty. 

In that moment they learned that there was something "wrong" with how she looked.  I get the lesson that she's trying to teach about eating disorders, but in the process, she is inadvertently teaching her kids, ESPECIALLY her daughter, another lesson and it's a sad one.  It's not easy to grow up in a household where your mother is obsessed with her weight, it has the potential for real negative consequences.  And if Jackie has truly gone through recovery, if she has paid attention to what healthy body image means for kids, etc. then she should know better to film that scene and to have said the words she said.  

OMG that easter dinner.  Poor Audriana.  She's only 9.  Her asking if daddy was being deported was the saddest little thing.  Clearly somebody said something to her.  And her mother is an idiot.  Audriana may not have social media, she may not go online, but plenty of kids around her age do.  What did Tre think was going to happen?  Joe was right - tell her before somebody else does.  

I can't get a handle on Melissa.  I was watching season 3 and it really struck me how much the people around her really wanted to dig at Teresa and how obvious the Gorga and Wakile intent was.  And honestly, I always liked season 5 when they worked through so many issues because the emotion seemed really raw and legitimate.  But this Melissa.  Again, she's so measured - I mean, even Joe Gorga seemed stunned by the news and upset about what is happening around him while Melissa neatly dabs at the corners of eyes....I mean, it is nice to see Tre and Melissa get along, I suppose, but I honestly think that they secretly can't stand each other.  

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I can see a scenario where this might be true. He may have considered it, but Teresa is so "old school", maybe she wanted to be married to an Italian citizen. I can see her thinking there would be something brag-worthy about it. It, probably, would never have been an issue, if he hadn't broken the law(s).

That doesn’t make any sense to me and what he said that it was Teresa’s responsibility to get him a lawyer not that she told him she didn’t want him to become one. She has also said in the past that she had told him to do it multiple times. He is an adult who had literally decades to do something about it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Old school's want to be American Citizens, its an accomplishment to them.  IMO this falls 100% at Joe's feet, and now in the previews he's telling her that he didn't even want to marry her.  F - him.  Arrivederchi Guiseppe.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Old school's want to be American Citizens, its an accomplishment to them.  IMO this falls 100% at Joe's feet, and now in the previews he's telling her that he didn't even want to marry her.  F - him.  Arrivederchi Guiseppe.  

Not to mention he wouldn’t have had to renounce his Italian citizenship.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

also in their Italian-American community - most likely it was common knowledge what to do, where to go or who to ask (for free) to become a citizen.  Starting with common places like church, local small business shops, library , yellow pages, etc. Hell - I bet his old drinking, pool, & construction buddies even knew that much.

So what if Joe asked Tre in 199x - most people who wanted info or something done, would have went on to the next person they saw. This is the 2nd generation (give-or-take) of individuals who wanted US citizenship. Granted internet was in its infantcy - people who wanted to know something still managed to find out.

And vice-versa - most likely he knew why NOT to become a citizen. 

I wonder did his father become a citizen before his passing.

Edited by sATL
corrected just to reflect father's passing
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, sATL said:

wonder did his parents become citizen before their passing.

Yes all of his family are citizens. Isn’t his mother still alive and with Joe on Italy?

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yes all of his family are citizens. Isn’t his mother still alive and with Joe on Italy?

Oh,.. I am sorry - my bad.. I will edit my above post.. I guess I hadn't heard anything about her, lately.

So if Joe wants pass decades old blame around - shouldn't he start with his momma ? She had what 16-17 yrs (ie before he turned 18) to make him  a citizen ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

Hell hath frozen over- I didn't hate Jennifer this episode. Her talk with her daughter about her brother being gay was the exact appropriate talk.

How did Marge go from "your husband's in the pool" (still my favorite line of all HW ever) to "we will always have your back"???

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

It seems weird that she just tells her to buck up or whatever.  I know you can't run away from your problems, but I would maybe ask if she wanted to switch schools or something.  I mean, the school should take care of the bullying, but there is only so much they can do and if the bully's parents aren't telling them to knock it off, then it will continue.  What's so bad about a fresh start?

I so agree...this poor child is being set up for a future of depression, possible self harm or worse. Studies have shown that kids, especially girls, who are bullied as kids, have more depression, anxiety, engagement in self harm and unfortunately a higher rate of suicide as teens and young adults. There is SO much that Jennifer and her husband could do to help her. And yet they do nothing. Middle school is particularly hard on bullied kids...they need to act now...get her involved in some kind of activity...theater or an arts program would be great for her. Some kind of athletic activity would be great for her...swimming, tennis, dance...anything that she has interest in that she can meet other people and have a chance to make new friends and do something healthy for herself. Jennifer and her husband are not fully engaged with their kids...they just let them run wild in the house but do nothing to nurture them beyond over feeding them and buying them stuff.  

• Love 6
21 hours ago, ladle said:

I actually do have a lot of sympathy for the girls, as I would any children who were separated from a parent.  None of this is their doing.  

I agree...I think what bothers some of us is Gia's misplaced blame on the "system" and not her Dad's illegal activity and lack of ownership on his part of all his shady business dealings and not becoming a U.S. citizen. I think it's hard for her to admit her daddy is just a common criminal and that he was selfish and stupid...in time she will come around and probably will harbor resentment for him. This will be life altering for all the girls but in particular Audriana who is so young and probably needs father most in her life right now. 

As my Grandpa used to say..."you reap what you sow"...and Joe is reaping it big time now. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sATL said:

So if Joe wants pass decades old blame around - shouldn't he start with his momma ? She had what 16-17 yrs (ie before he turned 18) to make him  a citizen ?

He would probably have been made a citizen along with his parents if they had gone through the process before he turned 18.  That's how I became a citizen. His parents probably didn't become citizens themselves until after he was considered an adult.  

I do think it is possible that the whole situation would have been different if his family had not received notoriety by being on RHoNJ.  I doubt that is something he would have pursued on his own (although the money and perks were probably appreciated).  If he wants to blame Theresa for the way this ended up I suppose that part would fit the bill.  But as for citzenship, yeah, the responsibility was his from the time he reached 18.  Under normal circumstances he wouldn't need it unless he wanted to exercise the right to vote.  Lots of people never leave green card status.  He didn't count on being caught or wasn't aware of the consequences if he had been.  Bottom line...no where near as smart as he thinks he is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, kicksave said:

I agree...I think what bothers some of us is Gia's misplaced blame on the "system" and not her Dad's illegal activity and lack of ownership on his part of all his shady business dealings and not becoming a U.S. citizen. I think it's hard for her to admit her daddy is just a common criminal and that he was selfish and stupid...in time she will come around and probably will harbor resentment for him. 

I can understand that.  I cut Gia a little bit of slack because right now she's basically parroting what her parents have told her.  It took me a long time to unlearn some of the dumb things that my parents taught me, and they're not even as screwed up as the Giudices -- but I did, eventually, and like you say, Gia likely will too.  That said, I might be feeling otherwise if I were following her on social media -- based on what other people have said here, it seems like she's making making some pretty maddening posts.

• Love 2
On 12/18/2019 at 7:59 PM, TexasGal said:

I was glad to see one of Melissa’s boys help clear the table even though she only asked the girls to help.  I was always peeved growing up that I was expected to help cook/clear while my brothers weren’t.  At that age it was lost on me that I wasn’t expected to mow the lawn etc and they were, lol. 

Oh sing it sister!!  I always hate the gender differences in some of these scenes.  It's 2019 not 1919!

My parents expected all of us to do ALL the chores but my little brother would scoot and my parents were just tired of fussing with him so it was usually left for me and my older sister.  Of course, we bitched about it but to no avail.  My mom and dad had the more traditional roles but they never preached that boys do this or girls do that.  Hell, my mom and sister always cut the yard but then again they enjoyed it.  My dad can fix anything and still does to this day.  My mom isn't as put out with cooking all the time so dad has had to learn how to make a few things.  All three of us kids keep our yards and houses spotless so I guess we learned a bit.  I also married a man that is self sufficient😉  I would never put up with a Joe Guidice or Gorga. Never!  

• Love 4
22 hours ago, ladle said:

I actually do have a lot of sympathy for the girls, as I would any children who were separated from a parent.  None of this is their doing.  

There are a lot worse things. At least their parents are both alive and they are living in the lap of luxury. NOPE> no sympathy.  

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Raiderred said:

I would never put up with a Joe Guidice or Gorga. Never!  

Even thought I agree with Brother Joe in the last 2 weeks - I would have sent him packing very early into this marathon stint... ( see title of this article  )...

Hope Melissa gets a great pension plan from this "job". Maybe that is why she has the views on table setting she does..she believes in a roles (duty) that I just can't fathom. 10+ years on the J.O.B can really change a person...for the good or bad.. 

Edited by sATL
38 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

There are a lot worse things. At least their parents are both alive and they are living in the lap of luxury. NOPE> no sympathy.  

There are many, many worse things, especially in the context of families dealing with deportation right now, but that doesn't negate my sympathy for these particular girls.  They've now seen both parents go to prison.  One will now be living far away, permanently.  They've been processing this all while on national TV.  The youngest has been dealing with this familial upheaval for nearly half her life now.  They seem to still have lots of financial privilege (for some mysterious reason!), but that doesn't negate their pain.  

So, in summary: I respectfully agree to disagree!  

• Love 16

I finally finished the episode and whew...

Yeah the kids are suffering.  But on the other hand, laws are created for specific reasons. 

My husband was in the US for 30 yrs (legally/documented) before going for citizenship and we discussed this topic all throughout the Giudice drama. Even with our young children , we agree on one thing- where we are TOGETHER is home. So if we were to face an issue like this, we'd move to the other country.  It's not a 3rd world or unsafe country. 

Thankfully he's finally a citizen and we're loving it. Truth be told, you get into the hectic routine of life and it's easy to not even think "gee I'm not a citizen." It's not exactly like walking around with a terminal illness or something. Everyone is entitled to their p.o.v. on this though. But you DO have to do more than "call a lawyer", Joe!! Jeezah! As though everything can be a phone call away!

I agree with the above post that Gia is parroting her mom. She is definitely a know-it-all. The younger kids are in pain though. It's tough to watch and i don't want to see that anymore. Also agree Tree is still a selfish dimwitted narcissist. Her and Melissa pretend to tolerate one another. In the beginning, Tree tried it all to see if the marriage between her brother and Melissa would fracture as she felt she wasn't the #1 anymore. Now she's given up and the fake can just coast. I feel we've all been there a time or two in our lives. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

These kids are teens, preteens and tweens.  Gia was a senior in high school when this filmed.  17/18 years old.  She is not yet psychologically capable to rationalize and logically consider what has happened with her family for the last 5-8 years (keep in mind the stress set in well before the jail time, we saw it play out on the show).  In no way do I expect her, or or the younger girls to react to this the way an outside adult does.  Nor do I think that just because both parents are unsympathetic does that mean that these children are unsympathetic.  And they ARE children.  Gia is no more obnoxious or know-it-all-esque than my next door neighbor who is her same age, the difference is the parental response. Just because a parent hasn't died or they aren't poor or whatever doesn't mean you can't be sympathetic to them.  We don't have to rank worthiness of sympathy. 

Well I guess I’m just a coldhearted bitch then. I reserve my sympathy for people that really need it not the children of nasty liars and thieves who care nothing about anyone or anything but themselves and all the things they can buy. I bet the kids will be fine,these days there’s plenty of access to mental health help. And God knows they can afford it. I’ve seen plenty of bad things happen to good people in my life and know Those who are suffering still from what happened in their childhoods which were much worse than what these privileged  little girls are going through. Sure they were not active participants in all the crimes their parents have committed and their typical abhorrent behavior,  but make no mistake , having two parents no matter where they are living,  having a mother who obviously loves them, even though she’s a piece of garbage, makes a big difference.  They get to jet off to Italy First class, how many times a year now to see their dad? How terrible. 
The worst thing they have to live with is the scar of having two criminals for parents that will follow them the rest of their lives,  but these days not many people really care!

Edited by msrachelj
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 12/20/2019 at 12:03 AM, kicksave said:

Spot on! And she couldn't believe how "lame" Jackie's party for her kid was with the children playing outside, shooting hoops and just running around, having FUN! OH THE HORRORS! 

On 12/20/2019 at 2:10 AM, sATL said:

Its funny Jennifer is the one last year? who was boasting she had a tennis court, indoor B-ball court and a pool. Yet seems like her kids could give less than a damn. One would think she would be raising Division 1 college scholarship athletes. 

And her 14 yr old doesn't need to be skateboarding in the house  with all of that property outside .

Most kids would LOVE to have those things at their house. Right there so easily accessible. And I'm not saying all kids are athletic, I know they are not. But being physically active doesn't mean they have to be sporty. Just like Jen's "little walk" with her daughter the one time. It barely even conjured up a sweat. Kids learn by example. Jen set one...by just getting their dad to suck out her fat. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I don't know if it was just me, but I didn't recognize Milania at all.  Even from a couple episodes ago.  She looked really different.  

Yes...she really changed...especially her face! Slimmer, more angular and more mature.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Well I guess I’m just a coldhearted bitch then. I reserve my sympathy for people that really need it not the children of nasty liars and thieves who care nothing about anyone or anything but themselves and all the things they can buy. I bet the kids will be fine,these days there’s plenty of access to mental health help. And God knows they can afford it. I’ve seen plenty of bad things happen to good people in my life and know Those who are suffering still from what happened in their childhoods which were much worse than what these privileged  little girls are going through. Sure they were not active participants in all the crimes their parents have committed and their typical abhorrent behavior,  but make no mistake , having two parents no matter where they are living,  having a mother who obviously loves them, even though she’s a piece of garbage, makes a big difference.  They get to jet off to Italy First class, how many times a year now to see their dad? How terrible. 
The worst thing they have to live with is the scar of having two criminals for parents that will follow them the rest of their lives,  but these days not many people really care!

Alrighty then....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
On 12/20/2019 at 4:54 PM, ladle said:

They seem to still have lots of financial privilege (for some mysterious reason!), but that doesn't negate their pain.  

Why so mysterious?  As an OG, Teresa likely has the highest salary on the show (reported to be in excess of $1M/season)  She receives even more money from Bravo for those Giudice specials, Her cookbooks continue to sell and she receives appearance fees/comped vacations.  It's the life a seasoned reality star. 

Edited by snarts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Why so mysterious?  As an OG, Teresa likely has the highest salary on the show (reported to be in excess of $1M/season)  She receives even more money from Bravo for those Giudice specials, Her cookbooks continue to sell and she receives appearance fees/comped vacations.  It's the life a seasoned reality star. 

Oh I mean, I know... It’s just kind of shocking how that family has seemingly managed to walk away with so much after leaving such a wake of financial devastation. 

• Love 7
On 12/21/2019 at 8:31 AM, msrachelj said:

Well I guess I can  agree with you on at least one thing then.

I, on the other hand, can still muster up sympathy for the Guidice children, no matter how privileged their lives or idiotic their parents. Especially Audriana. But all the girls have been through a lot in their young lives—first their grandfather dies (at their own house no less!), then mom goes to jail, then dad, then their grandma dies—now their dad is being deported. It’s a lot. 

And speaking of grandparents. Geeze Nono has been dealing with health problems for a very long time. I recently rewatched the infamous “Christianing” episode (Joe and Melissa’s first appearance) and they were talking about his dad’s chest pains back then. It’s still frankly shocking to me that he outlived his wife. 

I hope that was Jackie’s dad’s one and only appearance on the show. How bizarre that her parents are married but living apart. Meanwhile Frank and Dolores are divorced but cohabitating—same with Danielle and Marty. What a world! 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
On 12/19/2019 at 10:35 AM, mandymax said:

In situations like this, I see all the expensive jewelry and furniture and whatnot as window dressing.  These are still real people, and as the above post points out, Joe, who committed so many crimes in order to have wealth, will no longer have access to any of it.  And as the saying goes, you can't take it with you.  

Did Joe and Teresa deserve to be convicted?  Absolutely.  Is Joe getting what he deserves to get for failing to become a citizen on top of breaking the law?  Absolutely.  Is Teresa in total denial of these facts?  Absolutely.  Does she drive me nuts?  Absolutely.  But they all still have feelings, especially the kids.  Gia and Gabriella likely understand all the ins and outs of the entire situation and why everything is happening as it is, but he's still their dad, and they love him, as they should.  Gia may be 18 and in college now, but she's still young - while she's at that age where she thinks she knows everything (and didn't we ALL know everything at 18?? I know I did!  LOL), she's still emotionally a kid, and she's hurting.  All of them are.  It doesn't matter who was at fault for what - they're kids, and they miss their dad, and I think on some level, Teresa and Joe do feel bad that the girls are having to go  through it.

It doesn't matter how wealthy you are or what material possessions you own - this kind of thing is painful, no matter what.  I'm 48, and I have everything I need, and I'd still be heartbroken if that was my dad.

Wonderfully stated ! And I couldn't agree more. They are still people. With feelings. It's the kids that break my heart, I don't give a shit about Tree. Those children are 100% innocent yet will continue to pay the ultimate price. No matter what an ass Joe  G. is, he remains the father of these girls. They don't see right from wrong/good vs evil. They see the man they call their father.

If it were my father (who was anything but an ass), who was deported....I would be devastated and heartbroken.

In context of the situation, I commend how well the kids have adjusted and I will give Tree a smidgen of credit for attempting to maintain some of their normal routine. It can not be easy. I see the girls (as much as I can see on TV) as generally well adjusted. Even Milania has chilled out and shows appropriate emotions. With your life played out to the masses, and every move you make is scrutinized - your kids will suffer. Now is the time for Tree to parent and not try to continue her celebrity. Yeah, she needs the money for the pool, jewels, house, cars etc..........

Jackie irritates !!!! I don't know what it is about her, but she is like nails on a chalkboard.

• Love 5
On 12/21/2019 at 7:31 AM, msrachelj said:

I go back and forth - feel bad for the kids, then not.. I think what bugs me is that they twirl around in their expensive little outfits, with their phones and ipads and all of their crap, surrounded by excess.  All of it paid for by stealing millions of dollars.  I know Tre makes money from the show and her books, but I cannot feel bad for any of these people when they are living it up in ILL-GOTTEN luxury. 

I guess Tre and Joe felt like it was "worth it" to put their kids through hell, as long as they got that huge house and fancy cars.  If they don't give a f about the consequences, and the damage they have done, I certainly don't!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

If Gia is parroting her mom, wouldn't that make her a know nothing?

I get this was a joke but Gia isn’t parroting her mother when it comes to this situation. It’s one of the only times I was pleasantly surprised by her parenting style because she did try to temper Gia’s expectations about the appeal and also that his life in detention was hard.

• Love 1