Type keyword(s) to search

The Slatons in the Media: Anything for a Dollar

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, lulu69 said:

I've been reading how Tammy is supposedly going all scorched earth, badmouthing her fans & tlc. While trashing your fans may not be a good idea, badmouthing your employer never is a good idea.

Tammy claims tlc can't fire her although I don't know why she thinks that. If she has a contract it probably contains some provision for bad behavior of the subject. If she thinks it's bc she's a 'star', no one is irreplaceable. If it's  bc her siblings have promised solidarity in not filming without her, well if tlc has shown us one thing it's that there's no shortage of dysfunctional fatty families desperate to get on teevee.

Tammy reminds me of a snarling stray dog, cornered and just about to be scooped up and taken to the pound.  She is showing her worst self--but probably her most true self.  She has been utterly defeated by the attempts tlc has made to offer her help.  I'm not saying that tlc has any altruistic motive for putting Tammy on tv; far from it.  But her rage has taken over all her emotions, I think, and I also think she sees this failure on her part to lose weight is being used by tlc to pump up their profits, which it undoubtedly has.

I think Tammy went into this believing in the magic bullet, not just of wls but of being put on a program that would help her get her life back under control, and it didn't.  She understands that she is the one who didn't follow the rules, and her failure is out there for everybody to see.  I personally do not believe her situation was handled in the right way, but given how it was handled, she feels like once again she's the big loser, and it's worse than usual because she feels like she was misled into this enterprise.

I have a terrible feeling that the next big news about Tammy is that she has died from obesity-related causes.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If Tammy really thinks she can't be fired, then she might want to look at what happened to others that broke their non-disclosure agreements, and were never shown again.    She might want to remember that though the sisters make money on Youtube, I'm sure the TLC money is very nice to have, and it also brings in more viewers on their online stuff, and I'm gets them more followers for everything else.    

There are plenty of My 600 lb lifers who can replace her easily.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Lemons said:

There are plenty of My 600 lb lifers who can replace her easily.  

There are probably lots of morbidly obese folks who would love to be given this weight loss opportunity and would really make it happen. 

And then there's Tammy. Amy said "She (Tammy) doesn't care about herself so when do I get to stop caring." That pretty much says it all. It's so true.

• Love 9
On 3/27/2021 at 12:18 PM, Mothra said:

I have a terrible feeling that the next big news about Tammy is that she has died from obesity-related causes.

I don't really see any other possible outcome. 

• Love 9
On 3/27/2021 at 12:18 PM, Mothra said:

I think Tammy went into this believing in the magic bullet, not just of wls but of being put on a program that would help her get her life back under control, and it didn't.

So very many people feel this way, including the 600-Lb Lifers.  
You get the impression that they've never watched the shows before.

• Love 8

Well, it looks like Tammy has another feeder boyfriend. The show started out The Thousand Pound SisterS.  It is going to end The Thousand Pound Sister.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Kid said:

Well, it looks like Tammy has another feeder boyfriend. The show started out The Thousand Pound SisterS.  It is going to end The Thousand Pound Sister.

She looks like she hasn't lost a single pound and he looks like yet another grifter.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

She looks like she hasn't lost a single pound and he looks like yet another grifter.

Yep!!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 3
On 4/12/2021 at 6:34 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Why such a fast pace?  It’s not a race. 

20 minutes to eat a container of puréed green beans…not very fast at all. 

3 hours ago, SDVegas said:

20 minutes to eat a container of puréed green beans…not very fast at all. 

It appeared to me that she was shoveling the food in before he could even get one mouthful swallowed. It seemed frantic to me and similar to the frenzied eating that many morbidly obese people display.  

• Useful 2
On 5/21/2021 at 8:41 AM, Kid said:

Who's the new "feeder boyfriend?" Where does Tammy find these guys and where did Slim Shady (Jerry) go?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/27/2021 at 5:31 PM, chenoa333 said:

Who's the new "feeder boyfriend?" Where does Tammy find these guys and where did Slim Shady (Jerry) go?

I believe he is a rapper.  The name is ridiculous so I do not remember.

I am wondering if Tammy now has a drug problem.  In her last 3 videos, she looks like she is under the influence of something.

Edited by Kid

Dr. Proctor has a new show on Discovery Plus called Too Large. I really liked one of his new patients Megan who was approved for weigh loss surgery. I wished there was a way to introduce Amy to Megan. I think it would be helpful to introduce patients who are struggling with weight loss to each other like sponsers in AA.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I think it would be helpful to introduce patients who are struggling with weight loss to each other like sponsers in AA.

There is.  Overeaters Anonymous.  I am sure Dr. Proctor knows about it and May send them as rehabs send people to NA and AA.  

• Useful 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Dr. Proctor has a new show on Discovery Plus called Too Large. I really liked one of his new patients Megan who was approved for weigh loss surgery. I wished there was a way to introduce Amy to Megan. I think it would be helpful to introduce patients who are struggling with weight loss to each other like sponsers in AA.

I came here to post about the same show - a preview 1hr episode was shown last night after Dr. Pipple Popper on TLC. There was no tv quide listing for the show, it just showed up. 

It's basically a reboot of 1000lb Sisters minus the lousy attitude of Ms. Queen Tammy.

It features two morbidly obese ladies who are childhood besties. They are like sisters and use humor to cover up their pain. Sound familiar? One wants more out of life and tries to convince the other to join her on a weight loss journey to qualify for surgery. It even features Dr. Proctor.

And Tammy thought TLC couldn't fire or replace her lol

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, lulu69 said:

I came here to post about the same show - a preview 1hr episode was shown last night after Dr. Pipple Popper on TLC. There was no tv quide listing for the show, it just showed up. 

I was wondering why Dr Pimple Popper was a two hour episode (I haven't watched it yet), now that I know, I can skip hour two. There are only so many shows about 2 seriously overweight women I want to watch.

• Love 1

Dr. Proctor is so nice! And Megan's friend reminds me of Whitney Thore (who thinks she is fabulous despite her excessive poundage) "I'm Beyonce, only I'm white?? Girl, you eat way too much-I think she doesn't want the help because she won't be able to fill her pie hole 24-7. I'm wishing Megan good luck-you move forward and don't worry about your friend in denial.

• Love 1

I'm sad but not surprised to hear about Tammy's new boyfriend.  The path of least resistance is the easiest I suppose.  At this point, I wish her some happiness before she dies.  Because there isn't much more her body can take, and I think her life must be miserable.  

If there is one thing I've noticed about My 600 pound life, is that there is no shortage of soulmates for the super morbidly obese.  

Almost always there is a reason that they chose a life partner who is 600 pounds, and it seems to have a lot to do with control, superiority and the comfort of knowing that someone who is 600 pounds isn't going to leave them for someone better.  

• Love 3
On 7/12/2021 at 12:19 AM, RealReality said:

I'm sad but not surprised to hear about Tammy's new boyfriend. 

Another new boyfriend? AKA Opportunist. TLC needs to stop filming this b.s. of men taking advantage of Tammy.

TLC is reckless in allowing this  blatant disrespect for a human being who is on a downhill path to death.

• Love 5

I watched the video of Amy giving Gage a lemon to eat on.....I don't usually question her mothering & I may be exaggerating but I had to quit watching, it gave me anxiety!! All I could see is it going down his throat and she was just laughing....

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, slasherboy said:

Does anybody know when and if this is returning?  Thanks!

From the brief Google search I just did, it is most likely returning but no specific release dates for the 3rd season. Probably in 2022.

I'll watch again. 😄

• Love 1
On 8/20/2021 at 8:57 PM, chenoa333 said:

From the brief Google search I just did, it is most likely returning but no specific release dates for the 3rd season. Probably in 2022.

I'll watch again. 😄

Me too 👋.  

I hope that for better or worse,  they still stay real & honest. 

• Love 2

I couldn't even finish watching the preview.    New boyfriend says if Tammy gets below 300 lbs., he'll leave her.    I think the ones that said Tammy's easily 800 lbs. are right.   Amy isn't keeping her weight off, but I wouldn't be surprised at one or two more pregnancies either. 

The sisters are going to keep ignoring their health, and we'll end up with a "very special episode" involving a hearse or maybe two. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
On 10/7/2021 at 1:17 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The sisters are going to keep ignoring their health, and we'll end up with a "very special episode" involving a hearse or maybe two. 

This.  Whenever I see a new post on this thread, I'm afraid it's going to be news of Tammy's death by food.  I really don't understand how she's still alive.  I feel guilty watching, I honestly do. 

• Love 8

I wonder if Tammy thinks she'll no longer be a YouTube sensation or even have a TLC show if she loses weight. But it's obvious she also loves food and disrespectful boyfriends.

She has to start losing weight now if she wants to live to see 40 (or tomorrow!) 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

But it's obvious she also loves food

Her mother had to put a lock on the refrigerator when she was young to stop her from eating everything, & when Amy signed her up for meal delivery, Tammy ate 32 meals in 2 days. I think it's a lot more than she loves food. She has an addiction problem, & she's had it for a very long time. Until she acknowledges that & works on fixing the cause of the problem instead of just dieting, she's not going to lose any weight. If she doesn't, she's going to die & nothing anybody else does is going to stop that.

• Love 8

In the trailer she says something to the effect of can’t I be happy for once. She’s said that before and I think it has as much to do with being free to eat out of control (that is without her loved ones trying to intervene) as it does with the men she chooses to date. Heck, she might even choose those men because they encourage her to eat, which is all she seems to want to do. It makes me sad for her. She’s worth more than her addiction but I’m afraid there isn’t any way she’ll ever get past it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

In the trailer she says something to the effect of can’t I be happy for once. She’s said that before and I think it has as much to do with being free to eat out of control (that is without her loved ones trying to intervene) as it does with the men she chooses to date. Heck, she might even choose those men because they encourage her to eat, which is all she seems to want to do. It makes me sad for her. She’s worth more than her addiction but I’m afraid there isn’t any way she’ll ever get past it. 

That actually sounds a bit like Amy. When she was pregnant someone said something to her about how much she was eating & she said she just wanted to enjoy her pregnancy. It's normal to enjoy eating, but this family seems to only live to eat.

• Love 3

Great googly-moogly Tammy has gotten even bigger! That gal isn't going to live much longer and then her family will have some huge funeral expenses-maybe the network will pony up some $$$ to help out-she can't be cremated because she's too big to fit in the retort. (They only take up to 600 lbs and Tammy looks well over that)

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

she can't be cremated because she's too big to fit in the retort. (They only take up to 600 lbs and Tammy looks well over that)

I'm sorry for asking this question but, can't she be cremated in pieces?

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1

No, the body must be whole. Dissecting the remains is considered mutilation and that is illegal. Probably what the family will have to do is purchase 2 graves side by side (the average grave is only 36 inches wide), an oversized casket, and oversized vault (if the cemetery requires a vault). All of this is pretty expensive, and it doesn't look like her family has a lot of money. On a more cheerful note, Amy looks pretty good-I think her program is working for her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I wish someone there with Tammy would acknowledge that trying over and over to make her stick to a diet is fruitless and just give up on that.  They've tried so many times to get her to follow a diet, and it's just not going to work, so please can we try something else?

I'd like to see a dietitian sit down with her and ask her what she would like to eat, then help her understand that she can continue to eat what she wants, just lesser quantities.  This will take a long, long time--years, in fact--but it will take out the message of failure and at some point she will find a feeling of success and be motivated to eat in such a way that she will lose weight.  What she needs is a feeling of success, and since she's not going to do anything that's not on her own terms, she's never going to succeed if they keep going the way they are now.

For example:  She wants eggs, bacon, sausage gravy over biscuits and donuts for breakfast--or whatever it is.  You prepare her breakfast *just as she wants it, in just the quantities she wants* and then you say: Tammy, what can we reduce?  Instead of six slices of bacon, will 5 1/2 be enough?  Or whatever.  You can come to an agreement with her to reduce her intake *on her terms* and then go with that.  Let her see how she feels with that reduction.  Then after a week or so, ask her if she's ok with 5 slices.  And so on.  *She* is in control.  At some point, she will lose a pound--*success*--and at some point she will get it and reduce her intake more quickly.  We can only hope she doesn't die first.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 10/7/2021 at 1:01 PM, Kid said:

I just saw a trailer for season three. Tammy is MUCH bigger.  I would venture that she’s close to 800 pounds or more at this point.

Here is the link:https://youtube.com/watch?v=uxQOvTrjTiU&feature

1000-lb Sisters season three premieres Monday, Nov. 15 at 10 p.m. on TLC. 

Oh my.  It appears that poor nutrition runs rampant in this family.  It seems to be mental and physical.  It’s sad.  The entire family needs help, but it’s likely they don’t really want that.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

YIKES I do not like what I see in that trailer. If Tammy ever did find a facility to take her in, I guess she's been discharged. She's 750 if she's an ounce. And it looks like Amy hasn't lost more weight, too bad.  Looks pregnant but I guess that's just her gut.  Chris was pretty big too, but must have lost enough to get his surgery, or at least the Dr. will try.  Hope he does well, I like him. 

I see a previously unseen sister has decided to jump on the TLC $$ bandwagon LOL.  

There was a lot of yelling & anger & profanity in that trailer. The first 2 seasons had many honest, real,  happy & fun lighthearted moments, please tell me that trailer doesn't represent a lot of what we can look forward to. 

(Don't worry about the burial issue, last season it was mentioned that their mother already bought 2 graves for Tammy). 

• Love 4
On 10/7/2021 at 1:17 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I couldn't even finish watching the preview.    New boyfriend says if Tammy gets below 300 lbs., he'll leave her.    I think the ones that said Tammy's easily 800 lbs. are right.   Amy isn't keeping her weight off, but I wouldn't be surprised at one or two more pregnancies either. 

Tammy is huge! Amy may have gained some weight but she's mobile. I'm glad to see Amy moving away from Tammy. I'm worried for Chris.

• Love 7

So. After all of Tammy’s denying on social media that she was in rehab, she was in rehab.  Unless that rehab dealt with deep psychological  counseling in which Tammy was willing to participate, she will have gained anything she lost back the minute she got out.

In the season eight promo, she had to be close to 800 pounds. The fat on her upper chest jiggled When she was fighting with that new sister that had not been on before. I have seen fat on arms, stomach and ass jiggle, but never the fat on your shoulders and upper chest jiggle.  Her body has lost places to store the fat. How much food do you have to eat to get to be that size? It boggles the mind.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Kid said:

Her body has lost places to store the fat. 

I thought it was mentioned (when the show first debuted) that Tammy's big, odd shaped forehead was due to fat storage. Now she's at least 200 pounds bigger and her fat has to find somewhere else to go.

She's stubborn and needs psychological help. This could be the first death of a TLC show participant. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2
On 10/26/2021 at 10:12 AM, Kid said:

So. After all of Tammy’s denying on social media that she was in rehab, she was in rehab.

I was hoping that rehab would have been in Houston….

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 10/16/2021 at 8:44 AM, Mothra said:

I wish someone there with Tammy would acknowledge that trying over and over to make her stick to a diet is fruitless and just give up on that.  They've tried so many times to get her to follow a diet, and it's just not going to work, so please can we try something else?

I'd like to see a dietitian sit down with her and ask her what she would like to eat, then help her understand that she can continue to eat what she wants, just lesser quantities.  This will take a long, long time--years, in fact--but it will take out the message of failure and at some point she will find a feeling of success and be motivated to eat in such a way that she will lose weight.  What she needs is a feeling of success, and since she's not going to do anything that's not on her own terms, she's never going to succeed if they keep going the way they are now.

For example:  She wants eggs, bacon, sausage gravy over biscuits and donuts for breakfast--or whatever it is.  You prepare her breakfast *just as she wants it, in just the quantities she wants* and then you say: Tammy, what can we reduce?  Instead of six slices of bacon, will 5 1/2 be enough?  Or whatever.  You can come to an agreement with her to reduce her intake *on her terms* and then go with that.  Let her see how she feels with that reduction.  Then after a week or so, ask her if she's ok with 5 slices.  And so on.  *She* is in control.  At some point, she will lose a pound--*success*--and at some point she will get it and reduce her intake more quickly.  We can only hope she doesn't die first.

I think you've landed on the better solution.  It has been shown again and again that people who slowly reduce are more successful.  However, we tend to look for the quick fix or assume no one can change unless they see immediate, dramatic results. If she ate 10% fewer calories, she would at minimum stop gaining and might lose some weight.  If she would slowly sub in some more nutritious food choices, without giving up everything she likes, she would then lose more weight and slowly shift her palate.  Over time she would have a much better chance for success.  However, that does not fit into what our society or the diet industry pushes.  We opt for punishing people for their size and highly limited diets to encourage rapid weight loss even though this has repeatedly been shown to fail and to cause metabolic issues that make it harder in the long run to keep weight off. 

While I am often skeptical about how readily the term food addiction is thrown around (liking cake or eating larger posrtions is not always a food addiction), Tammy is an addict with deep seated psychological issues.  It is a long, winding road to recovery for someone like her.  I may not like her; she is very nasty to everyone around her (except whichever man she is trying to snare with her feminine wiles).  However, I can also see that is an addict in action.  

I am not surprised that she is larger, still acting out, and escalating her behaviors.  Her family is trying to move on, and she does not want to change. 

As to her having fat on her upper chest and jiggling arms, her arms were always very large and jiggly.  The amount of weight on her upper chest has increased.  But also how much she's jiggling and how much weight is pushed up there also depends on the bra she's wearing. 

• Love 5