Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

The Slatons in the Media: The Front Page of the Food Section

Recommended Posts

The baby is such a cute little peanut!  Congratulations to Amy & Michael!   Now that baby's here, Amy really needs to step up her weight loss again and not fall into old ways because she's busy with Gage.  

Listening to Tammy's video, it's just more of what we've come to hear from some of the poundicipants on my My 600 Lb Life about how painful living is. I can't even imagine.  She's got so many conditions going on, apparently she's on oxygen now, taking pain meds.  By now I assume Amy, Michael & Gage may have moved into their new home, so she's basically alone during the day.  She's just a moment away from being bedridden, really in bad shape, it's sad to see.  And she gained a damn 50 lbs in a stinking month, holy lord.  She's gonna be 700 soon.  Needs to be hospitalized to have any hope for weight loss & surgery.  She's hard core.

Was Jerry there when she recorded that video?  She was talking to someone near the end.  Geez I thought he had gone back to his wife in NC.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Baby Gage is a cutie, for sure. And they seem to be doing well with the baby😁 

I know Tammy said in her video above she's taking Ultram and it's not a narcotic so it's not addictive.  That is untrue.  It's labeled as non narcotic but it acts like one, and is just as addictive.  Trust me, first hand experience here. 

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Listening to Tammy's video, it's just more of what we've come to hear from some of the poundicipants on my My 600 Lb Life about how painful living is. I can't even imagine.  She's got so many conditions going on, apparently she's on oxygen now, taking pain meds. 

That video is from a year ago--although with her catching Covid this year, I'm sure things are rough now, too, i.e. possibly still on oxygen, etc.

Share this post


Link to post

Omg the baby grin when she tickled his neck! He almost makes me want a baby, so I need to remember that I don’t want a five-year-old or a teenager.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, suev3333 said:

I know Tammy said in her video above she's taking Ultram and it's not a narcotic so it's not addictive.  That is untrue.  It's labeled as non narcotic but it acts like one, and is just as addictive.  Trust me, first hand experience here. 

Ultram is akin to Tramadol, right? Or maybe it is Tramadol? Either way it is no joke. My mother had a prescription for it after both of her joint replacement surgeries and she made sure she took the absolute bare minimum so she wouldn’t become dependent on it. We disposed of it when she was through her recovery. It made her feel so sick. With Tammy’s size, I don’t even want to know what dose she’s on. She weighs the equivalent of at least 4 moderately sized adult women.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Omg the baby grin when she tickled his neck! He almost makes me want a baby, so I need to remember that I don’t want a five-year-old or a teenager.

Ya, i want a baby too!!  til I spend an afternoon with my 4 yr old great nephew.  Just keeping up with his talking is exhausting.  It's been about 22 yrs since mine were that little 😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/1/2021 at 11:57 PM, sagittarius sue said:

I looked at the blurb for next week's show where it mentioned that she survives, but is on oxygen and her weight spirals.

Up or down? Usually people w/ covid lose weight.

Share this post


Link to post

Y'all. Did we know that Jerry has been in Tammy's life since 2018?? I knew he'd allegedly been around for two years, but three? I am a bit ashamed to admit I went down a rabbit hole and looked at Tammy's YouTube channel. I sorted by "oldest" and there is a video on there where she talks about her most embarrassing moment (which I think is her second oldest video) and she mentions her boyfriend Jerry.  It was dated May 2018 😲

 

 

 

  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CanuckFan said:

Up or down? Usually people w/ covid lose weight.

It didn't specify, but I'd put a bet on spiraling upwards.  Also, I saw a Soapdirt article that had video with her vaping, while on the oxygen machine!

  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/2/2021 at 7:51 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Some up-to-date video of Amy and Gage that Amy posted today:

well, that was about 5 minutes longer than it needed to be, but it was nice to see him again.   I was almost tempted to look up their wishlist on Amazon and send a package of diapers.   Quick, someone talk me out of it!!!    Well, I couldn't find it so I guess that puts a stop to my spur-of- the- moment shopping.

And her language was better for the most part, but she didn't have Tammy to talk with so maybe the need wasn't quite as strong. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

It didn't specify, but I'd put a bet on spiraling upwards.  Also, I saw a Soapdirt article that had video with her vaping, while on the oxygen machine!


I just read in People that she

Spoiler

gained 21lbs  

And apparently next week is the season finale. 

  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

And apparently next week is the season finale. 

I really hope there's a season 3. This show is nothing like what I would normally watch, but I am completely addicted to it.

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GaT said:

I really hope there's a season 3. This show is nothing like what I would normally watch, but I am completely addicted to it.

I want a season 3 for Chris’ journey, and even Amy’s. Tammy can kick rocks. Well, not really since she’s pretty much immobile. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

I think Tammy may have to rethink the whole "favorite aunt" thing, Gage doesn't seem to be thrilled LOL

Tammy-Slaton-baby-Gage.jpg

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, GaT said:

I think Tammy may have to rethink the whole "favorite aunt" thing, Gage doesn't seem to be thrilled LOL

Tammy-Slaton-baby-Gage.jpg

There is enough of her to fully encase him in a fold leaving just his mouth exposed to breath.  If she wets herself down, he can feel like he's back in the womb. So she has that going for her.  And, with the thought of Tammy tucking Gage into a wet fold, I'll let myself out . . . . 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Gage looks terrified of getting eaten by the big red blob.

I'm sorry but I recall a stock pic of an extremely obese person holding a newborn with a thought bubble above the newborn's head saying "Please don't eat me!"

Unfortunately that was my first thought when I saw Tammy's pic w/Gage

Edited by lulu69
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, GaT said:

I think Tammy may have to rethink the whole "favorite aunt" thing, Gage doesn't seem to be thrilled LOL

Tammy-Slaton-baby-Gage.jpg

And she really fancies that she'll be called on the babysit? Holding him for this picture is probably the extent of what she can do with this child.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

And she really fancies that she'll be called on the babysit? Holding him for this picture is probably the extent of what she can do with this child.

I don't think it would be safe. She couldn't react quickly in an emergency.

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/7/2021 at 2:13 PM, Brooklynista said:

And she really fancies that she'll be called on the babysit? Holding him for this picture is probably the extent of what she can do with this child.

He is a cutie! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Amy commented on this video:

Chris tested positive 2 days after gage come home also. Jerry didn't leave he lived with tammy almost a year

  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Jerry didn't leave he lived with tammy almost a year

WHAT????? I didn't think he was there for any major length of time, maybe a month for the filming, but that's it. I can't believe he was there for a year, especially since he went back to his wife.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, GaT said:

WHAT????? I didn't think he was there for any major length of time, maybe a month for the filming, but that's it. I can't believe he was there for a year, especially since he went back to his wife.

TLC has always played fast and loose with its editing. Knowing Jerry never left gives so much clarity to the situation. 

Tammy may want to stop eating in such volume but I think she was afraid Jerry would leave if she didn't continue to eat. Tammy wants love more than she wants to live.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I’m kind of grossed out by Jerry not leaving because I am envisioning the gluttony of eating of all the foods. 

So if he didn’t leave, what was the “part of me died” video all about? I guess was she trying to garner attention and sympathy?

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

So if he didn’t leave, what was the “part of me died” video all about? I guess was she trying to garner attention and sympathy?

I think she was talking about the time he walked outside still holding the bag of Cheetos & didn't leave any for her.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 18

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/4/2021 at 7:44 PM, GaT said:

I really hope there's a season 3. This show is nothing like what I would normally watch, but I am completely addicted to it.

Me too!  I find them all kind of endearing. Lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

TLC is showing Under the Knife episode from season 1, then all of the season 2 episodes, from 4AM  (don't forget to set your clock ahead), until 2 PM, tomorrow, 3/14, ET.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Kid said:

I do not know how reliable this "publication" is. I know the grammar is atrocious.  But, here you go:

https://soapdirt.com/1000-lb-sisters-tammy-slaton-assault/

And this would surprise....exactly no one lol. In fact I believe it was RealReality who predicted a code grey (combative patient).

The question remains, is Tammy 'putting out' for the security guard to look the other way when food is snuck in for her? Again, it wouldn't surprise me.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

40 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

And this would surprise....exactly no one lol. In fact I believe it was RealReality who predicted a code grey (combative patient).

The question remains, is Tammy 'putting out' for the security guard to look the other way when food is snuck in for her? Again, it wouldn't surprise me.

What a shock that the kind, pleasant, and so compliant delight that is Tammy could possibly assault someone.  I wonder if she is using the security guard to bring her the cheat food.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Who knows if this gossip about Tammy is true, seeing little samples of her rage on the show would sure tend to make it a possibility. I'm pretty sure that after attacking a caregiver, she would be asked immediately to make arrangements to leave.   Geez Louise Tammy, you're totally out of chances to get it together. But watching My 600 lb Life this season sure proves that losing enough weight to qualify for surgery is an impossible goal for many people who would rather be left alone with their food addiction, even if they're bedbound and miserable.  Tammy gained almost 100 lbs this season (maybe with Jerry's help?).   I would think the she would have had to sign paperwork agreeing to the facilities regulations & rules, with no outside food being at the top of the list.  And isn't an employee having a relationship with a patient totally against a medical facility's regulations? 

So I don't see an episode on the schedule for next Monday, but I don't recall last week's episode being referred to as the final one of the season.  Maybe I missed something?  Hope there's another episode or 2 left this season.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

So I don't see an episode on the schedule for next Monday, but I don't recall last week's episode being referred to as the final one of the season.  Maybe I missed something?  Hope there's another episode or 2 left this season.  

I believe last week was the season finale.

And Tammy does not care about no  steeeenkin' rules.  🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I see this week's episode of My 600 lb Life is "Tammy's Journey".  Wow, is that a damn coincidence or WHAT!!! 🤯

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if Tammy has ever seen the show on Ricky Caputo, the huge man on Guam.  
He and his wife expected magic, without cutting eating.
 

Spoiler

In the end, he died, and he was so huge, probably about Tammy's girth, but taller, there was no casket, and at the funeral he lay on the bier, a huge mound covered in what looked like several sheets.

 

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I wonder if Tammy has ever seen the show on Ricky Caputo, the huge man on Guam.  
He and his wife expected magic, without cutting eating.
 

  Hide contents

In the end, he died, and he was so huge, probably about Tammy's girth, but taller, there was no casket, and at the funeral he lay on the bier, a huge mound covered in what looked like several sheets.

 

I never heard of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:
21 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I wonder if Tammy has ever seen the show on Ricky Caputo, the huge man on Guam.  
He and his wife expected magic, without cutting eating.
 

  Reveal spoiler

In the end, he died, and he was so huge, probably about Tammy's girth, but taller, there was no casket, and at the funeral he lay on the bier, a huge mound covered in what looked like several sheets.

 

I never heard of him. 

He's on from time to time.  Can't remember the name of the show, may just be 1000 Lb Man.  
I'll check and see if it's coming up again.
I remember a show or maybe several, and they cut walls to get people out to go to a hospital, but haven't seen those recently.

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, auntjess said:

He's on from time to time.  Can't remember the name of the show, may just be 1000 Lb Man.  
I'll check and see if it's coming up again.
I remember a show or maybe several, and they cut walls to get people out to go to a hospital, but haven't seen those recently.

 

I remember Manuel Uribe and I know he passed. I don't think he lost weight on surgery but was doing it by diet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I wonder if Tammy has ever seen the show on Ricky Caputo, the huge man on Guam.  
He and his wife expected magic, without cutting eating.
 

  Reveal spoiler

In the end, he died, and he was so huge, probably about Tammy's girth, but taller, there was no casket, and at the funeral he lay on the bier, a huge mound covered in what looked like several sheets.

 

I remember that show.  His stupid wife refused to follow the doctor's orders to stop enabling him.  She made me so mad watching it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, swankie said:

I remember that show.  His stupid wife refused to follow the doctor's orders to stop enabling him.  She made me so mad watching it. 

Yes she was another feeder. Crying about not wanting her husband to die all the while killing him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

OK, I found it on the schedule, Discovery Life channel (the one with the weird diseases & ER shows), on March 30, at noon.
His name was Ricky Naputo.
I've also seen that woman who falsely accused of rolling over on a child and killing, Marya Rosales, on tv recently.  Half-ton Killer was one of the shows.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/15/2021 at 9:50 PM, auntjess said:

OK, I found it on the schedule, Discovery Life channel (the one with the weird diseases & ER shows), on March 30, at noon.
His name was Ricky Naputo.
I've also seen that woman who falsely accused of rolling over on a child and killing, Marya Rosales, on tv recently.  Half-ton Killer was one of the shows.

 

I remember him now! And the last name is Naputi. 

Mayra lost a lot of weight. I believe she ended up raising her sister's children. I was so happy for her. She looked fantastic and happy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So, if Jerry was living with Tammy for a whole year, that finally solves the mystery (probably) for us of how Tammy was getting the extra food that was making her gain weight.  While the show brought it up a couple of times, it never resolved that question, and it really bugged me that they never asked Tammy on camera where the food was coming from.  If the answer was, "Jerry lives with me more than a week at a time and brings it to me," that makes sense now. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

So, if Jerry was living with Tammy for a whole year, that finally solves the mystery (probably) for us of how Tammy was getting the extra food that was making her gain weight.  While the show brought it up a couple of times, it never resolved that question, and it really bugged me that they never asked Tammy on camera where the food was coming from.  If the answer was, "Jerry lives with me more than a week at a time and brings it to me," that makes sense now. 

Exactly. There really was no mystery, just tlc once again manipulating the storyline to suit their narrative. 

I wonder if the "..part of me died.." bit was actually shot out of order and was when Jerry left Tammy to return to his wife. That context would actually make sense.

Dude claims he felt guilty and returned to his wife out of obligation but I think he saw the writing on the wall. Tammy was one step away from being bed bound and he was 1st in line for bed pan duty (no pun intended lol)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/7/2021 at 3:08 AM, GaT said:

I think Tammy may have to rethink the whole "favorite aunt" thing, Gage doesn't seem to be thrilled LOL

Tammy-Slaton-baby-Gage.jpg

That baby is so unsafe in Tammy's arms.  I was really worried when Amy let her hold Gage for the 1st time and it still worries me.  She can't get her arms around the baby well enuf to support him should he either be floppy or start wiggling.  It's just a matter of time before he falls to the ground - if Any doesn't stick close enough to grab him quickly when Tammy has him.  Even in this pic he doesn't look safe and God forbid Tammy put her selfish desires aside and admit she can't really hold onto him well. 

Edited by Raynedon
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

I've been reading how Tammy is supposedly going all scorched earth, badmouthing her fans & tlc. While trashing your fans may not be a good idea, badmouthing your employer never is a good idea.

Tammy claims tlc can't fire her although I don't know why she thinks that. If she has a contract it probably contains some provision for bad behavior of the subject. If she thinks it's bc she's a 'star', no one is irreplaceable. If it's  bc her siblings have promised solidarity in not filming without her, well if tlc has shown us one thing it's that there's no shortage of dysfunctional fatty families desperate to get on teevee.

 

Edited by lulu69
  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

If Tammy really thinks she can't be fired, then she might want to look at what happened to others that broke their non-disclosure agreements, and were never shown again.    She might want to remember that though the sisters make money on Youtube, I'm sure the TLC money is very nice to have, and it also brings in more viewers on their online stuff, and I'm gets them more followers for everything else.    

I'm surprised they don't have an online store for stuff with their pictures on it.   Though I can't imagine how horrible a blanket or throw with their faces on it would be.     

I agree that one day, not too far away, this thread will have a new posting, and it will be about Tammy, and it won't be good. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size