Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Everything's On the Menu

• Start Topic

Adults Adopting Adults makes me think of the two female ex-cons on Love After Lockup who had a plan to have their mark, who is in the military, adopt one of them so they could split the extra pay he would receive.  Problem was they are adults.  Not like he'd be moving into family housing and getting an extra stipend to take care of a 30 year old ex-con that is on probation for 20 years. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Adults Adopting Adults makes me think of the two female ex-cons on Love After Lockup who had a plan to have their mark, who is in the military, adopt one of them so they could split the extra pay he would receive. 

There are so very many ways it could go wrong.  
A&E post the video of the entire first episdode on Facebook.
Family or Fraud | A&E (aetv.com) 
http://tinyurl.com/4b78rfty

And thanks for fixing my topic, Princess!  

Edited by auntjess
3 hours ago, auntjess said:

Hey fellow fans of freak fests, go to A&E for Adults Adopting Adults!  
Don't know how this one got away from TLC.

Thanks for the tip!!  I'm a sucker for crappy reality tv, so I'll check it out. 

Looks like the first episode is re-airing tonight at 10pm on Lifetime.  10pm Mondays on A&E for new episodes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TazDevil said:

Looks like the first episode is re-airing tonight at 10pm on Lifetime.  10pm Mondays on A&E for new episodes.

And the tinyurl link I posted is also the entire first episode,

• Love 1

@RedDelicious said: I love West Virginia. I've had the opportunity to travel there for work (Ruby Memorial) and I've driven through many a time. It's a beautiful state. When I see your screen name it automatically translates to Monongatuna in my head because it always makes me think of the Monongahela River and Monongahela, PA. Is that what its from? 😺 When I flew I'd land in Pittsburgh and drive Morgantown and of course see the signs.

Sorry, can't figure out how to bring the quote box over to a different thread, but I can see what that would give you that thought! MonaGatuna means "Feline Monkey" in Spanish, and I had a cat who jumped around like a monkey when she was a kitten. She was so cute, but she was long gone...died 5 years ago at the age of 17 :( I miss her, she was a good girl. Actually, she was an asshole, but that just made me love her more.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by monagatuna
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Sorry, can't figure out how to bring the quote box over to a different thread, but I can see what that would give you that thought! MonaGatuna means "Feline Monkey" in Spanish, and I had a cat who jumped around like a monkey when she was a kitten. She was so cute, but she was long gone...died 5 years ago at the age of 17 :( I miss her, she was a good girl. Actually, she was an asshole, but that just made me love her more.

Aww I love that!! 😻 That must have been adorable. 17 years is a long time. And it’s so hard when they go. So hard. I lost my pupper to the illness she had this past summer and I cry for her every single damn day. 

• Hugs 1
  • Love 2

The old man on my avatar is gone (because 2020 decided we had to lose all of the good things), but he lives on his glare.  He was actually an incredibly sweet cat who always looked like he was planning my demise.  He was 18.  I had him the last three years of his life.  Foster fail for a woman who lost her housing and was then diagnosed with dementia and put into state care.  The agency I fostered through passed on the letter that I wrote explaining that her then two cats would be cared for and loved for the rest of their lives.  She keeps that letter with her and reads it often.

Now I have a dog who I also took with his partner dog when their person went into the hospital.  The partner dog died at 17.  Then their person passed away.  So now it's Simon, a 15 year old going on 3 cocker spaniel, maltese mix (affectionally called a cocktese) who adds to the fur balls rolling around the floor. 

I did research into my family tree, finding the first person of my last name to come to the US in the 1700s.  For a long period of time, the family lived in West Virginia.  While I was in WV for a day many years ago and have driven through, I would like to go back and learn more about the area. It is beautiful country.  I live in CA now.  I don't think all Californians have negative attitudes to WV or KY.  However, I have heard negative stereotypes about these states (and CA) everywhere I have traveled in the US. I align to when people think of CA they think of what they see on Real Housewives shows.  Or they go back to days of hippies. For KY and WV, we are fed an idea of a bunch of uneducated, backwoods hicks. However, I have met people from both states who were neither uneducated, nor hicks. One of the most intelligent and fascinating people I have met is from Kentucky. 

• Love 13
On 2/4/2022 at 8:27 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The old man on my avatar is gone (because 2020 decided we had to lose all of the good things), but he lives on his glare.  He was actually an incredibly sweet cat who always looked like he was planning my demise.

So sorry for your loss, and yes they plan on killing you.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, auntjess said:

A "just when you think they can't make a tackier show", new from TLC.
I think I'll pass on this one.
This is tonight, Wednesday 2/16.  You're welcome.
image.thumb.png.5af68c07752520bc152b1295bcf488f4.png

I'm sure that's a common occurrence. I know I won't be tuning in. I already hate TLC. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/2/2022 at 12:56 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Adults Adopting Adults makes me think of the two female ex-cons on Love After Lockup who had a plan to have their mark, who is in the military, adopt one of them so they could split the extra pay he would receive.  Problem was they are adults.  Not like he'd be moving into family housing and getting an extra stipend to take care of a 30 year old ex-con that is on probation for 20 years.

There are a lot of legitimate reasons for an adult to adopt another adult (usually a guardian/foster/step parent who couldn’t adopt them when they were a minor because the bio parent wouldn’t allow it). Also so that someone can inherit from a family trust/property as a descendant. 

But the scenario you describe kind of (Bolding mine) makes me giggle. No extra stipend to support ex cons!

• Love 1

I do know of some adult adoptions to provide support for persons with disabilities when their parents were aged.  It was a way to make sure they had good continuing care.  Also a way to set up a cleaner inheritance as you said.  

Very different from folks who think they would get more money for adopting a fully able-bodied adult who is capable of supporting themself. The funny part was how little money they were trying to run this scam for, given that it would be split 3 ways. And of course they talked about the scam on TV.  Love After Lockup features some of the most clueless folks ever.  Given reality TV as a whole, that is quite a distinction. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I bought some protein bars. Made in Canada in a nut-free facility. I can eat tree nuts but avoid peanuts. 180 calories per bar. I also bought some sunflower butter cups that are kosher and vegan. 240 calories for two. Peanut free too.

• Love 4

I signed up for a local grocery store delivery. Corn dogs, Pizza. I do not need these things. I haven't had a corn dog in a while. No, you can't have a corn dog.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So... I definately thought about Chris when I saw this article - I know its a different park\ride, but ... yeah.   As glad as I was that Chris got to ride on the Gatlinburg roller coaster - I was seriously side-eyeing the attendant.  Chris already had one seat that would not signal him green.  And the next one it took many, many presses on the safety harness before it would lock and signal green there.  If the second seat had immediately been 'fine', I might have been like ok - but after one seat doesn't work, and the next one takes multipe attempts to get someone in there - I did not feel good about that.  I KNOW the engineers will come on to say 'once the harness is locked it is fine' ... but something didn't feel right there.  

https://www.tampabay.com/life-culture/entertainment/theme-parks/2022/03/26/did-teens-size-factor-in-florida-amusement-ride-death/

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I’m new to watching this show. I spent most of March in the hospital because of a problem similar to what happened to Chris’s leg. My wound was much bigger and I actually had a diagnosis of gangrene. I’m doing much better now. The point I’m ending with is that unlike Chris, I haven’t gained 40 pounds in my recovery. I actually have been able to stick to my diet. 

• Love 4
On 4/22/2022 at 6:01 PM, 4Sibes Redux said:

I’m new to watching this show. I spent most of March in the hospital because of a problem similar to what happened to Chris’s leg. My wound was much bigger and I actually had a diagnosis of gangrene. I’m doing much better now. The point I’m ending with is that unlike Chris, I haven’t gained 40 pounds in my recovery. I actually have been able to stick to my diet. 

How scary that had to have been. You're doing better and on the road to recovery. I hope you keep putting yourself first and doing what you have to do to survive. Learning how to cook for yourself is a major thing. Food doesn't have to be full of fat and calories to taste good.

• Love 3
On 12/29/2022 at 1:33 AM, auntjess said:

I just saw the promo for the new season.  Amy is pregnant again, Tammy looks the same.  
New shows aren't showing up on the on-screen schedule, so it's probably several weeks away.

TLC is running a marathon of season 3 today. I think the new season starts on 1/14?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Help!  I like to read boards when an ad makes me curious about a show, but I CANNOT find one for Darcey and Stacey anywhere.
They're apparently mad at each other, and I'm curious.
I've search all the genres here, and don't find it anywhere.
Thanks for any help.  (I won't kibbitz or say anything, unless I actually break down and watch the show, I promise.)

• LOL 1

As I'm programming for shows to be recorded, I find TLC now has a Dr. Down There, and it's not about an Australian doctor.
Also, a show called Stuck, first episode is about a vibrator in a rectum.
I want Drs. Mercy and Emma back, and I've learned to watch the foot docs most of the time, but just "no" on these others.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

As I'm programming for shows to be recorded, I find TLC now has a Dr. Down There, and it's not about an Australian doctor.

Is this an entire show devoted to gynecological issues? Because, um, NO

• Like 4

Cute pics of baby Gage!

I don't know if I believe the entire story of Michael being a bad father. However, this is who Amy chose to be the father of the kids she wanted so badly. Maybe it's time these two went to court to hash out custody issues.

And I'm still not sure how/why Michael "doesn't  work". He must be getting paid by TLC to be on this show or why would he quit the job he had at the mill?So that means he works at the same "job" as Amy which is a paying job by TLC.

Edited by Jst2Wld
  • Like 4

I think they're STILL 1000 lb sisters, the lbs have just been redistributed a little.

Watching BlueHair squall and wail all day long does not a show make!  Tammy can't do anything to help, so let's see... GET A NANNY???

Whut the what???  Just ridiculous.  Completely.

• Like 5

Just saw Prison Brides, here in the new shows listing. Seems to be about people, some from other countries, marrying US prisoners.
The odd thing is that it's NOT on TLC, but on Lifetime, first one I see is on 1/10, 
9:31PM and several later options.
Wondering how this got away from TLC.

• Useful 1
On 1/7/2024 at 6:38 PM, auntjess said:

Just saw Prison Brides, here in the new shows listing. Seems to be about people, some from other countries, marrying US prisoners.
The odd thing is that it's NOT on TLC, but on Lifetime, first one I see is on 1/10, 
9:31PM and several later options.
Wondering how this got away from TLC.

I meant to watch that and I forgot.