Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

They knock Kelly for living in a rental, currently.  And I don't get it.  It's a lifestyle choice, and of course her rebuttal was "I'm getting married."  Which me to was shorthand for 'I have flexibility.'  I mean the show even called it a bachelorette pad, ie (potentially) transitional.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I do admit missing Shannon/Kelly's friendship.... but I think Vicki/Tamra's issues with Kelly ended up being the main factor in killing that friendship.  I even recall in a previous episode where Kelly even said to Shannon that this didn't involve her.. that her main focus was Tamra.  I think that was due to the lawsuit going on with Shannon/Tamra (that Shannon's portion got dismissed). 

Still, I do think Kelly involving herself with the lawsuit was the bottom line with Shannon... and the fact that Kelly feels no guilt makes her just as bad of friend to Shannon as Tamra/Vicki is.

What's ironic to me is that Emily/Shannon are probably more alike than either would like to admit.  Both are givers, both stayed with men that didn't adore them, both nagged their husbands, and both are very emotionally driven people.  In a different world, I wonder if the two would have been friends if Gina/Tamra/Kelly weren't feeding the two with negative information.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I do admit missing Shannon/Kelly's friendship...

I've gotten to the point of not missing one damn thing about this show. Currently I'm just "hate watching".

But I'm also hoping Tamra and Kelly will get in a HoWives Standoff. I get the impression that Tamra really wants to take on Kelly, but she still is a bit apprehensive..because Kelly might devour her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 12/21/2019 at 12:43 PM, la patineuse said:

UA is a research university while ASU's focus is more on undergraduate (and maybe terminal masters) education.

I actually work at ASU and it is a full fledged level 1 research university just like UA and offers PhDs and has a pretty big law school as well (named after Sandra Day O'Connor). I know there has been much effort over the years to get rid of the party image and to be taken more seriously. In fact, there isn't even a "fraternity row" like most major universities have (including UA). Greek students live in highly controlled university housing now and have for at least the last 10 years or so. All of the old frat houses have been torn down.

But I assume given Kelly's age, ASU was most definitely in the party school era so I'm not sure how much "fancy book learnin'" she actually did while she was there. 

While I hate to stick up for Kelly because she is a loose cannon most of the time, it seemed that when Kelly was involved in discussion/arguments that didn't involve Tamrat, she was fine. But of course Tamra can't stay out of other business and she instigated the whole "you're dumb" argument. She can't keep her mouth shut. I'm surprised everyone in that room isn't deaf from her high pitched screeching. 

In fact, the entire Tres Amigas seem to have some serious chips on their shoulders and they all were sitting there with sour puss looks the entire time and looked terribly unhappy when the focus wasn't on them.

The less said about Vicki the better. CEO of a major corporation my ass! Let me know when her "corporation" goes public and is listed on the stock exchange. I'm sure she's so close to making a Forbes 100 list 😒. She's just a delusional, condescending, hypocritical, judgemental asshole.

Kelly was right to say she is basically a middleman in the insurance industry. She actually doesn't create anything, just convinces people to buy the insurance and annuities other companies package and offer. It was so klassy of her to mention how she was headed to Laughlin after the taping. That's something I wouldn't want to admit to myself, much less other people. 

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I've gotten to the point of not missing one damn thing about this show. Currently I'm just "hate watching".

But I'm also hoping Tamra and Kelly will get in a HoWives Standoff. I get the impression that Tamra really wants to take on Kelly, but she still is a bit apprehensive..because Kelly might devour her. 

Kelly would absolutely destroy Tamra and she knows it. Tamra is not smart or witty enough to spar with a feral cat, much less Kelly. 

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18
24 minutes ago, DawnDavenport said:

I actually work at ASU and it is a full fledged level 1 research university just like UA and offers PhDs and has a pretty big law school as well (named after Sandra Day O'Connor). I know there has been much effort over the years to get rid of the party image and to be taken more seriously. In fact, there isn't even a "fraternity row" like most major universities have (including UA). Greek students live in highly controlled university housing now and have for at least the last 10 years or so. All of the old frat houses have been torn down.

But I assume given Kelly's age, ASU was most definitely in the party school era so I'm not sure how much "fancy book learnin'" she actually did while she was there. 

While I hate to stick up for Kelly because she is a loose cannon most of the time, it seemed that when Kelly was involved in discussion/arguments that didn't involve Tamrat, she was fine. But of course Tamra can't stay out of other business and she instigated the whole "you're dumb" argument. She can't keep her mouth shut. I'm surprised everyone in that room isn't deaf from her high pitched screeching. 

In fact, the entire Tres Amigas seem to have some serious chips on their shoulders and they all were sitting there with sour puss looks the entire time and looked terribly unhappy when the focus wasn't on them.

The less said about Vicki the better. CEO of a major corporation my ass! Let me know when her "corporation" goes public and is listed on the stock exchange. I'm sure she's so close to making a Forges 100 list 😒. She's just a delusional, condescending, hypocritical, judgemental asshole.

Kelly was right to say she is basically a middleman in the insurance industry. She actually doesn't create anything, just convinces people to buy the insurance and annuities other companies package and offer. It was so klassy of her to mention how she was headed to Laughlin after the taping. That's something I wouldn't want to admit to myself, much less other people. 

Kelly would absolutely destroy Tamra and she knows it. Tamra is not smart or witty enough to spar with a feral cat, much less Kelly. 

But it would make a great episode of RHOC. And this franchise needs someone/something to save it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 12/21/2019 at 6:00 AM, BucFan said:

Thank You TV DIVA QUEEN 💕

My daughter went to law school at UA and it was no cake walk. After graduation she returned to Florida and passed the Florida Bar on the first try. 

this made me smile....good for your girl!!!  

• Love 5

Admittedly, OC has never been high on the list of housewives shows for me, even less for the last couple years. I’m not even sure a cast shakeup would help. 

If I had to do a revamp, I would fire Tamra, Vicki, Brown Wind, and either Emily or Gina (probably Gina). So starting fresh with Shannon, Kelly, Emily, and 2 new housewives. I’d like to see the newbies have more substance and intelligence, can banter and hold their her own but not fight dirty. I’d like to see them add a more humble version of Heather. 

Correction: CAN banter and HOLD their own

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 4
On 12/20/2019 at 2:47 PM, MajorNelson said:

Was around 37 minutes in.

Andy: Would you have been still been married if not on the show?
Shannon: Absolutely not.  We would have been divorced earlier 
Andy: Earlier?
Shannon: Yes, right after the affair.  I would have.  I think.
There was a part of me, especially because  of being on the show, that gave me that urge to fight even harder for my family, to keep us together,

Hahahahaha! Oh Shannon.

No. I don’t believe that at all. In fact I don’t even really believe she was the one that left David.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Hahahahaha! Oh Shannon.

No. I don’t believe that at all. In fact I don’t even really believe she was the one that left David.

Yeah, I thought he was the one who called it quits during a trip to Hawaii, left early, & filed.

• Love 2
On 12/18/2019 at 7:33 PM, b2H said:

And overly fillered - her face is too plumped.....

And for some reason, she's developed a go-to look that is no longer cute and too young for a woman her age. I am speaking of the raised shoulders, wide aw-shucks grin, followed by a giggle while demurely looking away. The first time I saw this it appeared genuine and funny/cute. But after 5 years, she's not innocent nor a deer in headlights. I find she does this response more and more, so someone has complimented her on it because now it doesn't even match the subject being discussed. I realize I sound like I am rambling - does anyone else know the Shannon-response I am alluding to? Words fail me at present.

• Love 8
On 12/18/2019 at 7:53 PM, Andi27 said:

Establishing slander when you are a public figure is incredibly difficult. Why waste the money?

You read my mind. Kelly's generally chill about idiotic rumours about her, and she flipped to the extreme because her daughter was impacted by a rumour. (Who knows, The rumour of doing coke may have been true 25 years ago,but who cares?)  Also, Kelly does not like to spend money foolishly, let alone on lawyers who could lose - she likes to win. She and Michael have clearly done a decent enough job parenting their daughter because Jolie has the best attitude for someone her age, and actually gives the BEST advice of all the HSOC characters, past and present. I can just hear Jolie lecturing Kelly to ignore the 'tres amigos' jabs because they are only 'words'. Jolie pointed out (with her mom) that the truth eventually rises through the BS and reveals itself. Kelly may say horrible things, but she always states what she's heard and where it originated. Then she sits back and waits for the dust to settle and the truth to come out.  (Not like Tamra or Vicki who heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend... who heard it from Shannon, lol).

Can you imagine if any of these HW (in any franchise) actually spread rumours that were complimentary. "Did you hear about Kelly going to Brazil with Jolie and participating in Habitats for Humanity?" "Did you hear about Shannon and her ex donating money to her daughter's college, for the counselling department?" "I heard that Tamra is offering free training sessions for six months to anyone placed on a strict exercise/diet regime because they're are on the verge of diabetes, heart disease, etc.?" God forbid we viewers get some feel-good news that would make us like these superficial morons.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 12/18/2019 at 7:45 PM, sasha206 said:

Braunwyn really looks pretty; she's the least made-up one and looks great.

Vicki's apparent jealousy of/ hatred of/ anger with Braunwyn is amusing because Vickie hasn't a clue that she appears so outdated, prudish, and simple-minded for her inability to move past Braun's openness regarding her sexuality, husband and kids. Braunwyn is so open about her kids, I hope they're aware of how detailed she gets about their thoughts or habits. Judos to her husband for backing up what she says, even when it seems unlikely. (They split up, they both moved on to date others, but they miss each other. Good on him for cutting back hours in his career. You only have one chance to raise your kids, so it's good that they make an effort to attend everything they can. (I do wish the housewives would showcase their nanny (nannies?) because any absence of hired help makes an average mom feel guilty and inadequate for not being able to cope with their kids.) Lastly, every time Vicki opposes Braunwyn, based on morality, I have to laugh. She appears so uptight that Steve's counting on Vicki's occasional offers of a missionary romp will dissipate once the ring is on her finger and the marriage contract signed. I am pretty sure he'll talk her into a very sweet (for him) prenup as well. Imagine... receiving a financial payoff, having the opportunity to do as you please, and only having to be physically intimate with Vickie on anniversaries and birthdays. Good life for him. Oh my, these HW are getting me so annoyed and fed up I am close to writing a book just on the reunion 1&2 forums. Apologies for my rants but AARRRGGHHHH, I am fed up with them!

• Love 2
On 12/19/2019 at 6:16 AM, snarts said:

I wish she would've seen the nasty ass look on Tamra's face when Gina & Emily were hugging it out. 

Then again, remember the nasty ass look on Shannon's face whenever Tamra and Gina would get close and/or make up after an argument. That's when I realized that Shannon started being nice to 'Gina' and accepting her because she saw she was in a no-win situation. Shannon is so jealous of Tamra, she'll embellish and exaggerate any tidbit of gossip if it means Tamra turning on a HW. Shannon needs to ditch Tamra and re-focus on Kelly. They are hilarious together and they bring out the best in each other. Shannon is on a path to passé-ville if she keeps up with Tamra and Vickie. If she won't disengage from the Amigos, then all three can get lost. I won't miss them.

• Love 3
On 12/19/2019 at 3:14 PM, snarts said:

Vicki was certainly featured a lot for someone with "absolutely no storyline".  She was on every cast trip, had her birthday party filmed, and had her engagement party featured as the season ending cast event.  In addition, she was on WWHL last night after the reunion part 1.  No wonder she's confused that it's her show. 

Oh look, Tamra does have a cap and gown photo.  Still, not exactly the success story she portrays.   Did any of her children go on to college or university?

Having your picture in a yearbook does not equate graduating. My son's picture looks fabulous in his yearbook, despite being short 4 credits and not graduating. He had to make up the credits a couple of years later in order to attend college.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 12/19/2019 at 8:01 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Erm...how do you figure?

Also... by throwing in the word 'from' the assumption is that she graduated with her high school class, from her high school. Leaving out 'from' merely insinuates she eventually received enough credits to graduate.

• Love 3
On 12/21/2019 at 12:20 PM, MinorL said:

“I’m the CEO of a major corporation.” Sure, Vicki. 

Her corporation wouldn't even be on the list if it was called the Fortune 5,000.  A major corporation in the insurance business is Allstate, Progressive, State Farm or Liberty Mutual.  You aren't even a major insurance BROKER.  And I sure as shit would NOT trust any "financial advice" you offered.  I seriously doubt if anyone else does, either -- especially when Fidelity, Vanguard, Charles Schwab and Goldman Sachs are still thriving.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

And for some reason, she's developed a go-to look that is no longer cute and too young for a woman her age. I am speaking of the raised shoulders, wide aw-shucks grin, followed by a giggle while demurely looking away. The first time I saw this it appeared genuine and funny/cute. But after 5 years, she's not innocent nor a deer in headlights. I find she does this response more and more, so someone has complimented her on it because now it doesn't even match the subject being discussed. I realize I sound like I am rambling - does anyone else know the Shannon-response I am alluding to? Words fail me at present.

Is it this?

6034C163-9FFC-4B85-ADF2-91D405AB2FAB-175-000000518767E577.thumb.jpg.b21c7e575320e344b7c9c176b8eabbe6.jpg

I think I know exactly what you're referring to. The first phase is like an innocent look, like maybe she's making an o with her mouth, then she shows her teeth with shoulders up, like in the picture, and then, yeah, she does kind of a shrug and looks away as if she's feigning innocence, yet maintaing raised eyebrows like she's in on some joke.

i dunno if I'm right. Shannon has a few contrivances.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Is it this?

6034C163-9FFC-4B85-ADF2-91D405AB2FAB-175-000000518767E577.thumb.jpg.b21c7e575320e344b7c9c176b8eabbe6.jpg

I think I know exactly what you're referring to. The first phase is like an innocent look, like maybe she's making an o with her mouth, then she shows her teeth with shoulders up, like in the picture, and then, yeah, she does kind of a shrug and looks away as if she's feigning innocence, yet maintaing raised eyebrows like she's in on some joke.

i dunno if I'm right. Shannon has a few contrivances.

She turns her head to the side, covers her mouth and giggles too. If it's the reaction thing I'm reminded of.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:
21 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Hahahahaha! Oh Shannon.

Yeah, I thought he was the one who called it quits during a trip to Hawaii, left early, & filed.

David may have left early, not sure, and note they were seen at a USC game after Hawaii, but she was in fact the one to file.

9 hours ago, Chalby said:

I am speaking of the raised shoulders, wide aw-shucks grin, followed by a giggle while demurely looking away. ...

does anyone else know the Shannon-response I am alluding to? Words fail me at present.

I think I get which look you are talking about.  She closes her eyes, makes a huge grin, ducks her head down low, and looks like an embarrassed 6 year old.

I noticed it a lot 4-5 episodes ago.  This is from Part 1 at about 9min in.

Close?

image.png.d6a37ffd3c2c530e2f915e33580cdd3f.png

Edited by MajorNelson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Going totally against the grain, but I'd like to see the entire cast return - but with Kelly and Vicki getting some sort of therapy courtesy of Bravo on not spreading rumors (Vicki) and hittling below the belt (Kelly). 

I also think Emily's comments about age were pretty low - especially as a woman who has dealt with weight shame on the show.  Pot meet kettle.   I don't want to hear any more low blows. 

I would so much prefer the show when its about the women and their lives rather than the women fighting with each other.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
On 12/24/2019 at 10:50 AM, Chalby said:

And AGAIN I bring up Watch What Crappens... they make fun of that all the time!  They also add this horribly fake guffaw.  It appears to be super fake - it is like she is trying her best to not all out laugh, so she is stifling laughter.. but it is so so so fake, so she is faking laughing, and also faking trying not to laugh. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

And AGAIN I bring up Watch What Crappens... they make fun of that all the time!  They also add this horribly fake guffaw.  It appears to be super fake - it is like she is trying her best to not all out laugh, so she is stifling laughter.. but it is so so so fake, so she is faking laughing, and also faking trying not to laugh. 

David? Daaaavid!

I’m so HAAppy!

😂

• LOL 4