Type keyword(s) to search

S06:E01: I Will Survive

• Start Topic

More manufactured dramaz! Oy vey. This is still a shit show. That 'friend' who is her ride or die, whom I don't think I've ever seen before...uhhh, okaaay... She's the Mystery Friend of the Season I guess.  It's heartwarming (not) to see Jazz is still being her totally inappropriate self by force feeding her friend every little tidbit about her tidbits...ai yi yi!

Anyhoo, the whole ZOMG, Jazz has to have another surgery! was so boring. We know, we get it. The one and done didn't work and now there are more surgeries ahead. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Wake me up when Jeanette gets a goddamned make-over okay? Because that? Would be infinitely more interesting that this made up drama BS over The Great Reconstruction of Jazz's Vagoo, which I am completely over.

ETA: I hate to say this but...it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Jazz and her weird mother decided to defer her start at college so they could eek out another season from TLC to pay for her extra surgeries.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 11

Kind of early for a first look considering it doesn't air for five weeks!

Look, I respect Jazz for being a public figure and sharing her experiences to help other trans youth, but the clip where she rambled on about maybe not even feeling like going to college because she's "lazy" and "school just isn't her thing" (direct quotes!) spliced in with her getting accepted to Harvard pissed me off. Gee, thanks for letting us know how little you give a shit because higher education just isn't your vibe, Privilege McEntitlement. Kids work their asses off and stress to the point of vomiting and mental breakdowns, not to mention piling on 12 sports/extracurricular/volunteering for four years and STILL get rejected from Harvard. They wouldn't even have read her application if she didn't have a TV show and a fat Instagram following. Harvard only wants the clout of pre-established celebrities.

I thought the show ended last season...what's the point of Jazz's main arc revolving around the college choice when she's already announced she chose Harvard like 6 months ago? And another whole season of forcing this family to hear about their daughter/granddaughter/sister's vagina over every meal?

Jazz talking about how Amir is gaslighting her into getting back together with him was concerning. Inviting him to the hospital is a terrible idea.

I hope we see Noelle this season!

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 18

I really thought Amir would be properly out of the picture, can't believe he's still being featured, I've never seen a hint of charm or humor in him or anything that would attract someone to him.

Harvard is a great achievement (I was very dubious when Jazz first talked about it as she doesn't seem particularly bright on the show but shes apparently a straight A student) and I hope that if Jazz takes the opportunity to go after her gap year that she appreciates the experience and makes the most of it from both an educational and social perspective.

Its a bit annoying that the main storyline is genital surgery again but in a way I'm glad that they're not shying away from the fact that this is dangerous and somewhat experimental surgery that did not go to plan.

I do wonder given that the one and done surgery that Ting/Bowers had proposed did not work out and has resulted in multiple surgeries (hopefully with decent results at the end of all this) whether Jazz might have been better going with one of the other surgeons who seemed more cautious in their approach and we're proposing two step procedures etc,.  Perhaps this would have happened no matter what procedure/surgeon but I am always dubious when every other medical opinion is one thing and the person goes with the other option that no other Dr recommends

• Love 6
On 1/2/2020 at 5:57 PM, maggiegil said:

Its a bit annoying that the main storyline is genital surgery again but in a way I'm glad that they're not shying away from the fact that this is dangerous and somewhat experimental surgery that did not go to plan.

I do wonder given that the one and done surgery that Ting/Bowers had proposed did not work out and has resulted in multiple surgeries (hopefully with decent results at the end of all this) whether Jazz might have been better going with one of the other surgeons who seemed more cautious in their approach and we're proposing two step procedures etc,.  Perhaps this would have happened no matter what procedure/surgeon but I am always dubious when every other medical opinion is one thing and the person goes with the other option that no other Dr recommends

THIS^^^^^

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there is another season.  I was really hoping she would just do a yearly update with a one or two hour show.  Without her being in school, I can't see much more to cover.   Surely, the surgery update could be done in one episode.

• Love 5

Jazz needs the surgeons to pin her Dumbo ears back.... they look enormous and they stick straight out from her head.

I think Jazz is starting to realize that she's not going to have the pretty little princess vagina that she's been dreaming of..... Ugh I wouldn't wish all her surgeries on my worst enemy.

Hopefully when everything is said and done she's happy with the final result.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think Jazz is starting to realize that she's not going to have the pretty little princess vagina that she's been dreaming of..... Ugh I wouldn't wish all her surgeries on my worst enemy.

I don't know what would make Jazz happy. Perhaps focusing on her genitals alone is her way of dealing with more complex problems of maneuvering the world outside of the confines of HS. Going to Harvard would put her in a very big pond where everybody is at the very least academically outstanding and has multiple activities/ achievements. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Harvard doesn't seem like the wisest choice for many reasons, so was hoping Jazz had decuded to go with the other school (can't remember the name, never heard of it before). I also can't fathom how moving so far away is going to work out - for any of them. Jazz seems completely dependent and child-like in so many ways, and I'm not sure Jeanette actually exists as a person separate from Jazz anymore.  Wouldn't surprise me in the least forJeanette to effectively end up moving with Jazz. Maybe not "officially," but I see Jeanette spending way more time with Jazz than in FL with the rest of the family.

In other news, still ❤ Greg. I think most people would've said "peace the fuck out" to that shit show years ago, but season after season, there's Greg... Granted, sometimes he looks exhausted, but he's still engaged with the family and still so damn sweet to Jeanette. She and the whole family, her parents included, are very lucky to have him.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 8

Ugh... I should be used to this by now but it still makes me sick that this family including the grandparents are obsessed with everything sexual... They are incapable of having a meal without blah, blah LABIA, blah, blah CLITORIS, blah, blah, VAGINA... wash, rinse, repeat.... They sound like a bunch of morons.... I don't think I've ever seen them out a restaurant or anywhere else where they didn't wind up making Jazz and her magic vagina the topic of conversation and they aren't quiet about it... Oh no the Jennings family wants everyone to hear about Jazz's sex organs or lack there of.

I find it bad enough when Jazz carries on about her twat but when out at a restaurant the grandfather asks his grandson about his knowledge of LABIAS!!.... I wanted to slap some duct tape over his yap and say Shut Up!! You sound like an idiot!! Just stop it!

The only one who ever looks at all embarrassed is Greg but he's such a pussy about it that he annoys me too.

• Love 15

I do feel for Jazz, but a part of me wonders if her family is over saturated with her drama and neediness. Some people endure severe health issues without placing themselves front and center.  Enough is enough.

I wonder how silly they feel after blowing off the skin expander reccommendation. It seemed reasonable, but Jazz and her mom thought it unacceptable. I wonder if they will do it this time. When will she get other doctors??? Hers seemed to really have miscalculated a lot.

• Love 5

I haven’t seen the first look, but a commercial showing Jazz sitting by herself, crying and saying how everything is falling apart, while across the room, her entire family sat silently in a row, watching her....that promises to be interesting tv. 

• Love 2

Shallow observation first: I gasped out loud to myself "oh noooo" at Jazz's image in her talking-head segments. Big hair + bold makeup + super bright clothes + big jewelry is a WHOLE lot of look. She's young and expressing herself, I get it, but man, I'd love for Jazz (and Jeanette!) to develop a cleaner style that's more than just a bunch of trendy elements heaped together.

I'm kind of fascinated by the Jennings family's anything-goes attitude of discussing their bodies and sex with each other. Grandpa asking his grandson about the labia, Jazz and Sander talking orgasms...it's a level of candor I wouldn't necessarily want to emulate in my own family, but I do think it's gutsy to pull back the curtain on topics many would consider taboo. It also speaks to the trust that exists between them, that they can speak freely with no worry of being dismissed or derided.

Greg was very honest in admitting he was perturbed by what he saw happening behind the scenes of Jazz's surgeries. Even knowing that the procedure is still new medicine and that Jazz's case in particular was challenging, it's still shocking to see how much of the surgeries was impromptu and unsettled. The back-and-forth between Jazz's doctors doesn't do much to instill confidence, certainly, and I imagine it would be really hard for Greg to hear that disagreement happening while his daughter's helpless at their mercy.

Here's to hoping that the Ahmir stuff doesn't get much more attention than it already has, since that situation never smelled right from the get-go. I'm much more interested in Jazz's medical progress, her thought process towards college and her future, and her relationships with her family and friends (especially Noelle, whose even-keeled presence is missed).

• Love 5

Jazz will have a blast living in Boston if she attends Harvard.  She can spend weekends at the Cape/P-Town, or the beaches of New Hampshire or Maine.  She'll meet some really interesting people, and probably find her first real love. 

She NEEDS to break away from her Mother in order to grow up, and learn how to make her way by herself.

It makes me squirm when she discusses her clitoris in front of her Father.  I love Greg, but he's not looking well at all.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 2
On 1/23/2020 at 6:02 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I find it bad enough when Jazz carries on about her twat but when out at a restaurant the grandfather asks his grandson about his knowledge of LABIAS!!.... I wanted to slap some duct tape over his yap and say Shut Up!! You sound like an idiot!! Just stop it!

As part of the twins' birthday celebration no less!  That's when I turned off the tv.  I'll try again next week 😖

• Love 6

Harvard and everyone associated with it should be embarrassed by Jazz being admitted. And I am by no means referring to her gender identity, I am referring to her intellectual laziness and lack of accomplishment. 
Hundreds of more-deserving students who worked their butts off will get denied, but they let in Jazz??? 
Shameful fame-whoring.

• Love 18

Why is Jeanette watching Jazz getting examined by her doctors? She is 18 years old and deserves some privacy. Her doctors come across as not very professional and the arguing during surgery doesn’t help. I get that this is an unusual surgery but it could still have been planned out ahead of time with the idea of “if this happens we will proceed this way etc”.

I haven’t seen the Denim movie but wonder why Jazz didn’t just play herself since her real story is just as compelling as a fiction one where everyone recognizes Jazz anyway.

• Love 7
On 1/23/2020 at 6:02 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Ugh... I should be used to this by now but it still makes me sick that this family including the grandparents are obsessed with everything sexual... They are incapable of having a meal without blah, blah LABIA, blah, blah CLITORIS, blah, blah, VAGINA... wash, rinse, repeat.... They sound like a bunch of morons.... I don't think I've ever seen them out a restaurant or anywhere else where they didn't wind up making Jazz and her magic vagina the topic of conversation and they aren't quiet about it... Oh no the Jennings family wants everyone to hear about Jazz's sex organs or lack there of.

The only one who ever looks at all embarrassed is Greg but he's such a pussy about it that he annoys me too.

It's not normal. It's gross. Did Jazz have this surgery just for cosmetic reasons? I certainly hope not. And Grandma still hasn't gotten a wig that doesn't look like shit. House is fugly and needs updating. Aren't they supposed to be rich? Where do they live anyway. Jeannette would look so much better if she got a makeover. 

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

They wanted this magic thing that didn't exist: One surgery, everything perfect when 4 surgeons told her it was impossible, that she didn't have enough genital  material. Somehow, these 2 knuckleheads promised her that they could do it in one surgery! I kept asking here: how can they do it when no one else can? What is the magic trick they have? Because they never said. The fact that it took 3 surgeries should be no surprise. But it is the family's fault for not doing the skin stretching and listening to the advice they were given. They jumped on a fantasy that doesn't exist in science.

Amen! They went with the doctors that told them what they wanted to hear. And of course, Greg’s advice to be cautious, was, once again, totally ignored.  

• Love 11

Oh my GOD, watching Jazz's surgeons arguing with each other DURING THE SURGERY was so stressful to watch. Did they not make a plan in advance?! It just seemed like they were totally winging it! If I were in the market for a surgeon I wouldn't hire either of these folks based on what I saw. YIKES.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Oh my GOD, watching Jazz's surgeons arguing with each other DURING THE SURGERY was so stressful to watch. Did they not make a plan in advance?! It just seemed like they were totally winging it! If I were in the market for a surgeon I wouldn't hire either of these folks based on what I saw. YIKES.

And Greg is a lawyer. One has to wonder when you’re going to be hearing about a malpractice suit being filed against them.  And, to make it even easier, everything is caught on film including Dr. Bowers saying that maybe they shouldn’t have sent her home.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that home schooled Jazz was accepted in to Harvard. I just don't get it. 

I think she did that online school just one year which was her senior year;  I think she was admitted so Harvard can show how "woke" it is.   I am not trying to get sidetracked here in a defense of home-schooling, but many students are academically gifted and get into great schools.   I mentioned in another post that I thought she would fit in very well at New College of Florida as I know some transgenders who loved it there.

On 1/23/2020 at 5:02 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Yes,  I wonder if they have the same discussions when the camera isn't there.  I need to make a bingo card for this show.  I thought it was hilarious that her brother took her to the sex museum, because I thought it was in retaliation for all her talk about her new "naughty bits."  Probably producer driven, but still funny.  

This family seems rather dysfunctional. 

And I am very shallow as I think now that the surgeries are over (but there are hints of others to come) that Jazz needs to fix those jug ears.   Even if she wears her hair down, they are very noticeable and distracting.

1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

They wanted this magic thing that didn't exist: One surgery, everything perfect when 4 surgeons told her it was impossible, that she didn't have enough genital  material. Somehow, these 2 knuckleheads promised her that they could do it in one surgery! I kept asking here: how can they do it when no one else can? What is the magic trick they have? Because they never said. The fact that it took 3 surgeries should be no surprise. But it is the family's fault for not doing the skin stretching and listening to the advice they were given. They jumped on a fantasy that doesn't exist in science.

A great summary of this show.   I wonder if this will have negative effects on Dr Marcy's practice--especially when it comes to patients who have done puberty blockers at the same age or earlier than Jazz.  

Can we have more of Noelle and less of the "boyfriend" from wherever up north.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

It's not normal. It's gross. Did Jazz have this surgery just for cosmetic reasons? I certainly hope not. And Grandma still hasn't gotten a wig that doesn't look like shit. House is fugly and needs updating. Aren't they supposed to be rich? Where do they live anyway. Jeannette would look so much better if she got a makeover. 

Why would you think they're rich?  Greg is an attorney, and Jeanette doesn't have a career outside the home, that's upper middle class at best.  Then add in all the kids to put through school, and I'm not surprised they're still doing the show for the extra money.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I feel sort of bad, because I posted here upthread about how Jazz should consult Dr. Bowers, because she is very well respected and experienced. Not sure if members around here realize that she is transgender herself.  After last season and this one....omg. It makes me wonder about both of these doctors. Totally unacceptable behavior on so many levels.

And Jazz just seems to be going along. She really needs new guidance and a break from her mom. I hope she goes to Harvard and lets Jeannette grow up.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I feel sort of bad, because I posted here upthread about how Jazz should consult Dr. Bowers, because she is very well respected and experienced. Not sure if members around here realize that she is transgender herself.  After last season and this one....omg. It makes me wonder about both of these doctors. Totally unacceptable behavior on so many levels.

Yes, I recall seeing a documentary about Dr Bowers years ago so I originally thought she might be a good choice until she started saying she could do the surgery differently from what the other doctors suggested.   I bet those doctors are re-thinking having cameras in the OR.

Also I agree with someone upthread about Jeanette not needing to be in the exam room, but maybe Jazz wanted her.   Jazz and her mom need boundaries between each other.  Actually, I am not sure that this family has normal boundaries. 

I haven't seem the movie;  I could watch on Amazon prime, but I think I will pass.  I had thought it was a documentary, but it isn't.   I bet mom is expecting Jazz to have a career in Hollywood.  Sorry, but mom gets on my nerves more than Jazz.

• Love 7

I can’t believe the doctors agreed to allow tlc cameras to be in the OR, and they weren’t more aware of the cameras being there. I don’t recall why they had the 2 of them collaborating together in the first place but it’s really tough when you have 2 surgeons trying to take the lead on one case. There needs to be an understanding on who is the lead because a disagreement in the Or is not really very conducive to getting things done. 

I also agree with whoever it was above that said they don’t understand why they thought these guys could perform some sort of miracle when everyone else said she didn’t have enough to work with. I wonder what they’re thinking when the cameras are off. Does jazz regret doing this now? Are they thinking that they should have gone to someone else? 

• Love 4

I could be totally wrong but the OR scenes looked staged-like a re-enactment of sorts, maybe.  I’m not a surgeon, but do surgeons typically wear eyebrow pencil, eyeliner and dangly earrings during surgery with no shield only a pair of eyeglasses in between?

I think the big takeaway could be

1. surgery doesn’t come with a guarantee
  2. surgery isn’t going to cure all of your problems
  3. women’s bodies don’t all respond the same to identical sexual stimuli
  4. no one is guaranteed an orgasm
  5. fixation on the imperfection of one body part is a slippery slope to BDD
  6. healthy boundaries with family members is a good idea
Edited by kicotan
Left out a word
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

I was trying to watch this episode last night (usually I watch in bits and pieces over time) and it was so hard to digest. I lasted about eight minutes. What brother takes his little sister to a sex museum? And the brother was in the exam room when they were talking? I cannot imagine discussing anything sexual in front of my older brother OR my father (Dad didn't need to be in the room during the physical exam).  It's like the entire family revolves around Jazz and her vagina - at least on the show. I find this sad. Perhaps that's where Jazz gets her special snowflake attitude from. 

• Love 11
17 hours ago, princelina said:

As part of the twins' birthday celebration no less!  That's when I turned off the tv.  I'll try again next week 😖

And of course the conversation had to change course to Jazz & her surgeries when it should have been all about the twins' birthday.

5 hours ago, Kid said:

And, to make it even easier, everything is caught on film including Dr. Bowers saying that maybe they shouldn’t have sent her home.

IIRC,  she mentioned it at least twice too.  Once during the pre-surgery exam & then when her & Dr Ting were explaining what happened during the surgery.

I always thought they released Jazz too soon when she had the original surgery done.  Wasn't  it after just a few days?  (I don't count nurse Jeanette's care as proper follow up medical care especially when surgery like this had never been done before.) I would have thought she would have been on complete bedrest in the hospital for at least a week or so for what she had done. Plus they were in a hotel & not a medical type place without any medical personnel.  I always thought Jazz's sutures were loosened  when she went over the bump while in that transport chair when they were taking her to the van after the first surgery.  Plus she was up walking around alot. 

I think we discussed this last time, but what is it with this family stretching out on Jazz's hospital bed while she in surgery? All's I could think of was their germy clothes including shoes.  I think the brother was sitting on the floor at one time.  That's great for germs esp during what looked like the winter & flu season.  There were plenty of  other chairs for them to use. 

I'm calling reenactments on at least for parts of the surgery.  The beginning of the first surgery was a reenactment.  I'm talking about the part when the surgeon or nurse identifies the patient, the procedure, DOB, etc.  I remembered them giving "Jazz Jennings" as her name instead of her real name. So at least that part was reenacted for TLC & the cameras.   Makes me wonder if Drs Bowers & Tings' disagreement  was for the TLC cameras as well. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I fear that all the surgeries in the world wouldn't make Jazz a happy person who will ever be comfortable in her own skin.  

Mom has been feeding her a lie her entire life about perfection.  By what standard?  Cousin Mindy or Cindy (whatever her name is)?  I'll never be convinced that mom doesn't have Munchausen's.  Since the beginning of this, mom has overly sexualized Jazz and made the entire family go along.  

Why?  

And while I was initially sympathetic, the longer this goes on I'm just seeing a tragedy unfold.  

I truly hope that Jazz can finally find happiness, but it won't be with mom pulling the strings.

• Like 1
  • Love 14

Last night was harsh to watch. If that OR scene was indeed a reinactment - and I sincerely hope it was because what camera crew is going to be 100% germ free - then WHY would they argue like that on camera if it wasn't real?! That's what i don't get. It's like, hey sue me please! I don't get that at all.

The museum, that family is so messed up with lack of boundaries, and I'm guessing too that it's producer set up. That's TLC's expertise. Call it reality but make it all up.

We don't give a shit about Ahmir, stop with that shit already.

As soon as I found out Jazz got accepted to Harvard I too thought, how? She's the laziest person on the planet! I'm firmly on the "Harvard Woke Pimp Train" with y'all.  My next thought was, she'll never go there, she's too messed up. And she didn't. I think Pomona would be so much better for her, smaller but very intellectual study body, or supposedly so. She needs to feel like a big fish in a small pond, Harvard will swallow her up and she'll get into a mental funk because she's not the belle of the ball there. IMHO, YMMV.

To whomever said Greg looked bad, I think he looks quite fine. Jeanette on the other hand, ZOMG, enough already with the frosty highlights and those fakakta glasses!

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

It seems she is taking a gap year to recenter before starting Harvard.

I guess we'll find out around August if she's actually going to attend Harvard, another college, or stay at home lounging in the couch with her trusty binkie.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Twopper said:

Yes, I recall seeing a documentary about Dr Bowers years ago so I originally thought she might be a good choice until she started saying she could do the surgery differently from what the other doctors suggested.   I bet those doctors are re-thinking having cameras in the OR.

Also I agree with someone upthread about Jeanette not needing to be in the exam room, but maybe Jazz wanted her.   Jazz and her mom need boundaries between each other.  Actually, I am not sure that this family has normal boundaries. 

I haven't seem the movie;  I could watch on Amazon prime, but I think I will pass.  I had thought it was a documentary, but it isn't.   I bet mom is expecting Jazz to have a career in Hollywood.  Sorry, but mom gets on my nerves more than Jazz.

If her mom expects her to have a career in Hollywood, then they need to have her see a plastic surgeon to work on those ears, it’s not like her vag is going to be on camera. ( I hope). 

Is there a standard for what a woman’s private parts should look like? The way they were discussing the labia minora and majora, the placement of the clitoris etc, reminded me of the Westminster Dog Show, and talk of “breed standards”. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

If her mom expects her to have a career in Hollywood, then they need to have her see a plastic surgeon to work on those ears, it’s not like her vag is going to be on camera. ( I hope). 

Is there a standard for what a woman’s private parts should look like? The way they were discussing the labia minora and majora, the placement of the clitoris etc, reminded me of the Westminster Dog Show, and talk of “breed standards”. 

I don't know if there's a standard but Jazz said her clitoris is where her belly button should be (she was exaggerating) that doesn't sound good 😲

Oh hey, it’s me! With sadly less first hand bits to share at this point. But I’ll do what I can. It makes me happiest to provide best info to everyone here, be it my story or especially that of Jazz.

The open made me feel awful. Can’t imagine dealing with that kind of heavy revision again, as someone who had the worst pain from the catheter. Has to be an entirely separate level of mess, both of recovery itself and to the point that you know it may not hold or stay.

I guess my closest comparisons were one of the following. In hospital, my blood pressure got to be like dizzying low to the point where I felt floating away. Bowers was unavailable, and it took a nurse quite sometime to come up with some food to get it back to normal. Possibly also when I was 2.5 weeks out, kept bleeding out of the canal, wouldn’t stop. Out of nowhere. Scared me so badly I’d have to fly back out to Bowers. There was also a feeling of an interior tear or rip around Christmas walking along the bustling streets of New York. But those actually weren’t anything beyond a microscopic tear. These are and were genuine problems for Jazz.

Laughed way too hard at Jack’s gateway to paradise reference after the lack of knowledge bit. I genuinely have never seen Jeanette as joyful in a laugh as that in my life. Often a golden room lighting smile but her laughs are very reserved.

Harvard stuff, don’t want to spoil about what I know there on many many levels (I live decently close to the university!), like Jazz’s study foci, as the iceberg’s tip. So I can’t and won’t. Assuming the show touches on it. If they don’t, I will at the end of the season.

You really can start to see Sander and Griffen’a facial differences now as they age and go about their individual styles. Kind of makes me wistfully nostalgic to where I was afraid to call them out by name for fear I’d get it wrong.

Very curious how a clitoris can be a few inches too high! As someone who has extensively studied the methods done worldwide and in technique, including Jazz’s peritoneal, that seems odd from how I understand this creation happens. Clearly there was some penile tissue not used for the vaginal lining? It also would concern the hell out of me were I Jeanette or Greg to hear there isn’t a labia majora this many months out. WHAT!

The labia minora part, surprisingly less so—even in a standard case like mine that just isn’t typically done in/as part of a one step Sex Reassignment Surgery, be that penile inversion technique vaginoplasty (mine) or a colon vaginoplasty (which, if you recall, Jazz refused for smell numerous times). The exception is Dr. Toby Meltzer in Arizona who has always done two steps, the second to create the minora.

Amir sounds like he’s going to be back, cool. No emotions, really dull character who I...just don’t think is remotely as pertinent as the show claims. Meh. I’d be more than okay if he wasn’t returning. Seems an odd fit for Jazz in a relationship based on personalities.

Museum of Sex, might be the only place where the Jennings’ I Am Jazz specific conversations and parlance are typical. Kind of a fun diversion. This genuinely looks fun!

Good lord Greg’s face said it ALL after the producer ask about the mea culpa. That look could’ve been considered deadly in quite a few countries. Message and body language couldn’t have told a more contrasting message. Not just me, right?

Denim, well, okay. Haven’t seen it. Feel that goes in the media thread for full thoughts. Seems perhaps a touch hackneyed, but as Jazz said, it’s about the message first and foremost. And being a starring part of a project bigger than you is a joyous feeling beyond words, if you ask me, based on my experience.

This Drs. Ting and Bowers disagreement is ugly. Ugh. That’s really depressing to watch, and there probably isn’t a right answer in the heat of that moment given the lack of prior precedent. I’d want that moment cut from the end show if I were either of them, paints both of them in a very unfair unprofessional light, when the reality is that such a notion is extremely far from the case.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
On 1/14/2020 at 10:17 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Jazz needs the surgeons to pin her Dumbo ears back.... they look enormous and they stick straight out from her head.

Hopefully when everything is said and done she's happy with the final result.

I understand that it's not the same and that it means something different to her, but homegirl has already spent more time thinking about the aesthetics of her vagina in one episode than I have in all my 40 years. I had no idea until recently that there was such a thing as an aesthetically pleasing "ideal" vagina. Now I'm afraid to look at mine. Too much pressure on the poor thing. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6