Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E03: Sleigh the Runway

• Start Topic

On 12/21/2019 at 9:56 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I concur with those that miss the up-close garment inspection from previous seasons.  I feel that it has been sacrificed to allow more time for workroom shenanigans, which honestly don't really interest me. 

My theory is they're still there, but they are doing them with the contestants still there on the runway. That way, the contestants have to stand by their work and answer questions about it, as opposed to it being done "behind their back." While it makes for less snarky viewing, if the contestants are really being called out for shoddy construction and not just "wow, this has shoddy construction" (once they've left the room), I feel like that's an improvement. I also wish they'd show it, but my theory is they've moved it, not that it's gone entirely.

Tyler said something about being "roasted like a Christmas ham," and while we saw him receiving some harsher critiques, that would fit more into an in-depth examination of his dress while he was standing there.

(Also, then the contestants know that the judges are scrutinizing their work if they send down unfinished hems or sloppy threads -- they're held accountable. As opposed to the contestants who were talked about behind their back, and then ... went back and did the same thing next week).

• Love 4

I think Tyler knows what he's doing on whatever kind of body, but he simply screwed up with his proportions for this challenge in particular. He said nothing that we heard about the chick's shape or what he's used to making. 

For as much as people hate the terms "curvy"* or "plus" or whatever, I kind of feel like "stick figure" pretty crappy too. I mean, hey, sorry our boobs and hips aren't "curvy" or "real" enough, but they're there.

*I think "curvy" sounds pretty nice, actually--just descriptive and not judgy.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 13
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:44 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Tyler’s dress was too short because he had to recut the chevrons which ended up making the pieces shorter. 

I thought his original design was much better, and didn't think it looked like a peppermint stick at all.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I thought his original design was much better, and didn't think it looked like a peppermint stick at all.

I agree - gold chevron isn't peppermint stick. Also he should have skipped making himself an apron and just concentrated on working. Like Brittany, Christian told Brittany not to string cranberries until she had a garment complete - she strung a LOT of them before she had a garment. No sympathy from me.

I like DaYoung's, but on second viewing, i would have liked it better without the embellishments on the bust.

I liked the way Sergio's model used her knee to ring the bells. It was cute.

Edited by Nordly Beaumont
  • Love 2
On 12/24/2019 at 2:08 PM, TattleTeeny said:

For as much as people hate the terms "curvy"* or "plus" or whatever, I kind of feel like "stick figure" pretty crappy too. I mean, hey, sorry our boobs and hips aren't "curvy" or "real" enough, but they're there.

*I think "curvy" sounds pretty nice, actually--just descriptive and not judgy.

Agreed.  I've never understood why it's a crime to negatively comment on a larger woman's size but it's perfectly acceptable to negatively comment on a thin woman's.  Body 'positivity' should go both ways.

• Love 8

Nah, I'm not especially bitchy and I adore Christian. He just says what he thinks and he's got skills so I'm good with his remarks.

Does Christian have a blog or anything? Because I would love to know his choices for the top and bottom three each week. I bet they are very different from what the judges/producers choose!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6