Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: All Shook Up

• Start Topic

Airs December 15, 2019

Lexi finally spills what's been bothering her about Matt all of these years, and a divide forms in the family; Bria and Matt isolate themselves while Lexi throws herself into work with a 3-D nail build that challenges her skills.

Does anyone think Matt started that rumor? I was annoyed that Bria didn't show up for work. Family business or not, people are relying on you for their blowouts. Hopefully Mary is watching and finally makes an appointment for that overdue perm. 

After Lexi spilled the truth, Matt kept denying it like crazy, then at one point he said he never meant to hurt anyone in the family.  I take that as an admission of guilt, I think he did start the rumor.  I was surprised that the rest of the family didn't seem to think it was as big a deal as Lexi.  I guess as a teenager who is overweight  and does not have much of a life it affected Lexi very much.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

After Lexi spilled the truth, Matt kept denying it like crazy, then at one point he said he never meant to hurt anyone in the family.  I take that as an admission of guilt, I think he did start the rumor.  I was surprised that the rest of the family didn't seem to think it was as big a deal as Lexi.  I guess as a teenager who is overweight  and does not have much of a life it affected Lexi very much.  

I think he was denying the impact, not that he said it.  The rest of the family apparently didn’t have to deal with the impact of his story, lie or no, as Lexi had to.  I speak from some experience, with my two nieces, who had to deal with their mother (my late sister) having an affair with another band parent.  It was real tough for them to go to school and hear about that every day.

So is the activity on this particular section, regarding the show as a whole, an indication of how well it's doing in broadcast numbers?

I don't find it to be all that great, but the activity here isn't exactly overwhelming that I would see its being extended for a second season after next week's finale.

I just think about Matthew "Him's not smart."  And as to the family not knowing the impact it had on Lexi - they have stated multiple times that she spent all of her time up in her room doing art - one would think that they would have clued into the girl being seriously depressed - she was, after all, over 300 pounds - but perhaps they were just clueless.  

I think it is safe to say that Lexi has now found her voice.

• Love 3

What if the rumor is true?😩

I know I rail on and on every week about being appalled the family is so accepting of Bria marrying Matt. So here I go again: wtf are they thinking???

And did she say he has been sleeping at the Martone's house every single night for a year? And she found it so unsettling that he spent one night w/ his parents?

Seriously! WTF? Why are her parents allowing his loser into their family/home? He's an unemployed, homeless, lying, cheating, mooching, drug addicted father of two who was involved, in one way or another, with the spreading of disparaging rumors about Jen. Why do they even speak to him?? And why can't they help their daughters find better men. Lexi's bf seems ok, but doesn't he just work at the pizzeria? He doesn't own the pizzeria, right?

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 1

Apparently Jennifer really loves Matt so she must give him a lot of grace, despite how he has treated Bria.  It's a mystery to me!  In his defense, Matt does seem to be a really sweet person (when he's not cheating on her girlfriend or doing drugs or stealing of course), but anyone who has dealt with an addict knows that they should not be making long-term life plans until they have at least one year of sobriety under their belts, and he's apparently just come out of another stint in rehab since the show started.  

This guy was recently high at his impromptu engagement party. His proposal was all about why HE wants to marry her and nothing about why SHE should marry him. Bria is his life saver. She bails him out of his messes. Why should the family be happy about this union? Bria's prize for taking care of this loser is getting to spend the rest of her life taking care of him...and his kids. Jeez. Also, how can a family get past what he's done if Bria doesnt want to talk about it? You have to air your grievances before you can legitimately get past an issue and forgive. The fact that Bria flips out at the idea of bringing up his ever present past is telling. Bria doesn't want to deal with reality. Then Matt talks about how he's being disrespected. What is there to respect? Lexi needs to set boundaries.  If Bria wants to be with this guy fine. However, if and when it goes wrong Bria cant come crying to her family. The back and forth is not healthy. If he I'd your choice and refuse to listen to reason then leave the family out of it. Low self esteem is a hell of a drug. 

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:49 AM, Sleepydiva82 said:

This guy was recently high at his impromptu engagement party. His proposal was all about why HE wants to marry her and nothing about why SHE should marry him. Bria is his life saver. She bails him out of his messes. Why should the family be happy about this union? Bria's prize for taking care of this loser is getting to spend the rest of her life taking care of him...and his kids. Jeez. Also, how can a family get past what he's done if Bria doesnt want to talk about it? You have to air your grievances before you can legitimately get past an issue and forgive. The fact that Bria flips out at the idea of bringing up his ever present past is telling. Bria doesn't want to deal with reality. Then Matt talks about how he's being disrespected. What is there to respect? Lexi needs to set boundaries.  If Bria wants to be with this guy fine. However, if and when it goes wrong Bria cant come crying to her family. The back and forth is not healthy. If he I'd your choice and refuse to listen to reason then leave the family out of it. Low self esteem is a hell of a drug. 

Classic addict.  It is all about him.

I’m catching up on this show. I hadn’t heard of it. What a bunch of crazies. The nail girl has some talent but the nail creations are over the top. Why do people want to wear that?  Like the retractable ice cream cone talons. Ugh.