Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: TRMS 2020 Season

• Start Topic

On 10/6/2020 at 12:22 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Eh, sorry, but I’m daring to criticize Rach here & if I get zero likes, then so be it.  Rachel, I’ve had enough with your audio-book routine when you have the author right there.  Seriously, Rach, enough with this shit!  She spent more time reading Brennan’s book than interviewing him.  

Hi ScoobieDoobs...you raise an excellent point.
Give the guest a question, then let them answer it.
Skip all that reading. 
I wonder why they opted for that approach.

And BTW...I wonder if TRM show can bring on a guest from "the other side".
Will any ever show up?

• Love 1

Lovely interview with Khizr Khan. He is following in his son’s footsteps, doing what he can to protect the country in a different way.

And OMG. What a tidbit Rachel dropped at the end—Trump has spent the evening tweeting trash about Governor Whitmer. Every time I think he can’t sink any lower.... No wonder Rachel is starting to dread the news. 

• Love 8

"Rachel will be back on Monday".

This is not a surprise, as she noted last Friday that it was supposed to be a day off, but as she noted, the events were too important for her to miss.  

I suspect she will not get any days off between November 3 and Thanksgiving, so glad she can take a little time right now. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, freddi said:

"Rachel will be back on Monday".

This is not a surprise, as she noted last Friday that it was supposed to be a day off, but as she noted, the events were too important for her to miss.  

I suspect she will not get any days off between November 3 and Thanksgiving, so glad she can take a little time right now. 

I dont mind seeing Ali Velshi filling in, he wont put up with any B.S....he's a straight talker.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

"To be clear, not getting tested will not protect you from getting COVID-19. "

Isn't it a damn shame that something so obvious has to be pointed out?  Especially nine months into this pandemic.

Amy K reminded me today why she was my first choice in the Democratic field.  If she had shown that kind of righteous fury in the debates, she might have gained more traction.  I was glad Rachel played the whole clip and then had her on.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Isn't it a damn shame that something so obvious has to be pointed out?  Especially nine months into this pandemic.

Amy K reminded me today why she was my first choice in the Democratic field.  If she had shown that kind of righteous fury in the debates, she might have gained more traction.  I was glad Rachel played the whole clip and then had her on.

This will be a long talk to have for my grandchildren. I could imagine them saying how did I survive that mess! All I could do is manage a quote from Forrest Gump: Stupid is as stupid does. 

They will look at this in the history books as the shameful moment in American history. We could definitely do better than that.

• Love 4

Jeez, it is just me, or does Rach seem happy, giddy, jokey & upbeat?  Not that I’m complaining cuz I can hardly stand watching Barrett spout the bullshit she’s spouting without feeling hopeless & depressed as fuck.  So keep up the upbeat routine, Rach — I like it!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Jeez, it is just me, or does Rach seem happy, giddy, jokey & upbeat?  Not that I’m complaining cuz I can hardly stand watching Barrett spout the bullshit she’s spouting without feeling hopeless & depressed as fuck.  So keep up the upbeat routine, Rach — I like it!

I can't watch the hearings, not because I don't care, but because I don't care to watch a movie where you know even before the movie starts that the monster eats the entire family.  And that includes coverage by Rachel and anyone else who's talking about the hearings.

I think Rachel is starting to get that same glimmer of hope that the rest of us have that our long national nightmare may be really, really almost over.  People are risking their lives to get out and vote, in droves.  There will be some scary moments along the way, but unlike the Barrett movie, this movie may have a different ending.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Yeah, she could play less clips of Barrett cuz they all make me nauseous.  And I see she’s interviewing Harris tonite — ugh, please ask her some good questions, Rach, so she gets away from her usual canned, way too rehearsed answers.

And I wish Rach would have Pelosi on so she can properly explain herself after that disastrous dust-up with Wolf.  Nancy badly needs help immediately — help her out, Rach!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, meowmommy said:

I can't watch the hearings, not because I don't care, but because I don't care to watch a movie where you know even before the movie starts that the monster eats the entire family.  And that includes coverage by Rachel and anyone else who's talking about the hearings.

I think Rachel is starting to get that same glimmer of hope that the rest of us have that our long national nightmare may be really, really almost over.  People are risking their lives to get out and vote, in droves.  There will be some scary moments along the way, but unlike the Barrett movie, this movie may have a different ending.

Hi Meowmommy...
I really like your line "the monster eats the entire family".

Yes, it will be a relief when our long national nightmare is over.  IF it is over soon.  Before the entire family is devoured.

But...let's be real:  given how many wheels have fallen off this bus, I fear that we may never move back to more decorous times.
Why?
Money:  money rents Senators and buys Representatives.
And this is at both the Federal and State levels.
But there may be some hope:  Senator Lindsay Graham said he would really like to know "where all the money comes from". 
Yes, he was referencing his senatorial race against Jaime Harrison, in which Harrison raked in record donations.
But maybe, just maybe, he will push for more transparency. 
Maybe...
Ahh...I kid myself. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I enjoyed Rachel’s interview with Senator Harris but the fly question was spectacular in its silliness and both ladies’ reaction to it

Rachel's buildup was great, like she had some urgent question to get out there.  Also loved them howling over Rachel's chagrin that the NBC networks are carrying 45 tomorrow in opposition to Joe Biden's town hall on ABC.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

And I wish Rach would have Pelosi on so she can properly explain herself after that disastrous dust-up with Wolf.  Nancy badly needs help immediately — help her out, Rach!

I'd love for Rachel to have Pelosi on again but I don't think it's Nancy that needs help. She was marvelous in the interview while Wolf was rabid.

• Love 16

Loved the Kamala Harris interview. 

Unfortunately she will be off the campaign trail till Monday due to two people in her circle (communications director and a flight attendant) testing positive for COVID 19. Fortunately not her. But unfortunate that they can't stay home or be replaced. 

But I will not be watching MSNBC for a very long time due to their egregious decision to air the Trump debate on all of their networks tonight. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, jackiecat said:

As Rachel stressed,  NBC is NOT the same as MSNBC.

When Chuck Todd is your news director for both, it is the same, isn't it?  Hence why NBC, MSNBC, and CNBC will all be broadcasting the town hall.

• Love 5

You know, as Rach recited what seemed like the billions of dangerous & outrageous lies he spewed for an hour, I screamed at my TV -- Then why the fuck did the asshole execs at NBC broadcast him spewing these dangerous lies?  But I guess Rach was surely thinking the same thing.  Well, at least Steve Schmidt gave a nicely confident speech about it being over for Trump.  Cheered me up for about a sec. 

Felt bad for Rudy's daughter cuz . . . er, would you want Rudy for a father?  Wow, so shocking that Rudy's October surprise is merely Russian disinformation & Rudy is just a stooge for the Russians.  At least Rudy's daughter didn't outright call him a crazy person -- even if she certainly would have been right to.  I was impressed by her -- she's intelligent, kind & beautiful.  Was puzzled she actually is Rudy's daughter.

Ah,18 more days of lunacy -- expect more wacko shit ahead.  Nice to know Rach will be on top of it.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

I appreciated that Rachel gave the highlights (or, rather, lowlights) so I didn’t have to watch the actual town hall. And that every other sentence from her was an emphatic, “That was a lie.” Between Amy Coney Barrett’s bobbing and weaving in the judiciary hearings and Trump’s refusal to answer half the questions in his town hall, do you think people will catch on that Republicans would rather duck than tell the truth?

• Love 12

Rachel must be a great underwater swimmer.  I think she did the first 21 minutes of Thursday’s show without taking a single breath.  Oh, plus a drinking game for every time she said “lie”. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I was impressed by her -- she's intelligent, kind & beautiful.  Was puzzled she actually is Rudy's daughter.

That's what I was thinking, "Wow, Rudy Guiliani has a very beautiful daughter." 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

That's what I was thinking, "Wow, Rudy Guiliani has a very beautiful daughter." 

Her Mother is Donna Hanover, who used to be a NYC anchor on local news, she is an attractive woman.

• Love 2

This is your semi-regular reminder to keep comments primarily show related. (Which most of you of already do, so thanks!) Also, off-topic posts that include political name calling are a no-go. If necessary, see the Site Rules for clarification on politics and political name calling. 

On 10/14/2020 at 11:36 AM, meowmommy said:

You phrased that so succinctly that I can only quote you (no improvement necessary!) and applaud! ^^^ that is exactly how I feel. 

• Love 4

Keep up up the Covid coverage, Rach — just don’t get consumed by it cuz there’s plenty else to cover, like how the Trump campaign is falling apart & the Amy Coney Barrett nightmare.

And Rach, would ya cover the Jared & Ivanka get upset over the billboards in Times Square story? That is just too delicious to skip past & will give viewers a much needed giggle & break from the anger.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

I had seen the Philadelphia voting dancers elsewhere online, so had to go back to see the "objectionable words" on the tee-shirt that were pixilated (ovalled?) out on Rachel's show.  The first word starts with "F" (of course), and the second line says "2020".  

As I realized the timing of the swearing-in ceremony while I waited for Rachel, I thought, "dang, did they schedule that swearing-in at that hour so that Rachel would have to broadcast it?".  But dang, Rachel, you foiled them by talking over the ceremony as it appeared in a postage-stamp size inset on her show.  Incredibly disrespectful, just like the process. Good for Rachel!  (The photo op was very stalkery, as Rachel predicted; he was really centimeters away.) 

Edited by freddi
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I really enjoyed the first block tonight - the black voters lined up to vote in Selma in 1966, and voting that racist sheriff out of office. Very inspirational. Crazy to think that wasn't really that long ago.

I loved it too and it showed the resilience of Black people..

• Love 3

Heh, I was starting to get a little annoyed that Rachel didn’t say if Wallace’s wife won since I was feeling too lazy to go to Wikipedia - I should have known she would tell us. 

Wow though - I did look at Her Wikipedia entry to see how she did as Governor and the story gets even crazier. She died from cancer after only 15 months in office.  She didn’t get treatment right away when she should have because she didn’t even know for 4 years because the doctor told her husband and no one told her (the doctor, her husband, Wallace’s staff) - she found out from another doctor later. 

• Useful 2
15 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I really enjoyed the first block tonight - the black voters lined up to vote in Selma in 1966, and voting that racist sheriff out of office. Very inspirational. Crazy to think that wasn't really that long ago.

I had exactly the opposite reaction, that she's hitting us over and over and over again with a sledgehammer.  We get it, Rach!  You're preaching to the choir. 

10 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I had exactly the opposite reaction, that she's hitting us over and over and over again with a sledgehammer.  We get it, Rach!  You're preaching to the choir. 

For me, it was informative.

2 hours ago, possibilities said:

I had forgotten about Jesse Venura's MN governorship. 

Her comment afterward about the hairstyles cracked me up.😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Thanks.

When I see something that says  "Vote, and Vote Early" I can't help but confuse it with the old-time Chicago saying "Vote Early and Vote Often".

That's how we roll in Chicago!  I've voted twice already!!! 😉

(I'm kidding obviously)

• LOL 3

I would drive a very long way to see Rachel's 6-foot spider and spooky lighting and pickup in the Hallowe'en parade on Saturday.  It does sound like an excellent distraction.  🕷️🕷️🕷️ 

Edited by freddi
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I forget what exactly she said, but Rachel said something that made me think she's doing the show from her home in Massachusetts instead of in NY.  For some reason I had assumed that she was still doing the weekly commute thing, but maybe not.  Is that the case?  Maybe that's why she's unloading her NY apartment?

Edited by meowmommy
15 hours ago, freddi said:

I would drive a very long way to see Rachel's 6-foot spider and spooky lighting and pickup in the Hallowe'en parade on Saturday.  It does sound like an excellent distraction.  🕷️🕷️🕷️ 

I thought it was mean to say we can't see photos! Don't tease us, Rachel!

• Love 3