Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: The Truth Shall Set You Free

• Start Topic

I am far more sympathetic to Mursel than to Anna (please note that I do NOT agree with his perspective).  I believe that he was always upfront with her about her sons and that she accepted his position/perspective.  For her to change her stance at this time to sell her "my boys are my life" story is just inconsistent and totally on her.  I feel the same about Mike and Natalie.  For her to have breakdowns because he is not a Christian is totally on her.  She knew it and now wants to change it.  Look, I'm a Christian and my faith is important to me, but I would never browbeat anyone about their beliefs and have, in fact, been romantically in love with non-Christians and accepted that we would respect each other.   People need to realize and accept that we cannot change others (and they can't change us...).  We either accept each other or move on.  But, changing the "deal" with the other person that many of these 90-dayers try to do is just wrong.  Anna and Natalie entered into these relationships nothing the beliefs of the other persons and should not expect to force the others into accepting unwanted changes/beliefs.  And the way Natalie reacted to Mike was just scary. 

I think that Juliana totally knew what a pre-nup was, she probably just thought that Michael wasn't going to have one.  That's why she's mad at herself-she took herself off the market for someone who is going to protect his money (or Sarah's money...).  She just seems far smarter in her interviews than she portrays during her scenes with Michael.  I would like to know more about why they broke up earlier in their relationship.

Robert and Anny are just tiring.  There's nothing interesting there except for the fact that Anny has apparently agreed to sleep with Bryson in the bed.  I'm sorry (not really), but I would never agree to sleep in a bed with someone else's child (well, maybe if I was related like a young nephew/niece situation)-especially if they were kicking and hitting me throughout the night.  Anny must really want that green card.  I also don't understand why they have so many arguments in front of innocent bystanders (retail sales clerk, boxing instructor, realtor).

I have so much joy watching Emily now realize that Sasha may be looking for #4!  I think Emily poured all that sugar on his cereal as a sort of passive-aggressive dig at him.  She is going to experience high levels of anxiety if she continues to worry about Sasha straying.  I actually think her sister is far more generous than I would be in this situation in that not only are they staying with her until they are "settled" but she gave up her bed/bedroom for them.  

• Love 13

My only comment to add:  When Angie and Skyla were in the car, driving towards the bridal shop, Angie said, "We're going huntin' a weddin' dress."

I turned to Mr. AZC and said, "Shouldn't they be wearing camo and carrying a shotgun?  And is it weddin' dress huntin' season?"  (I watch North Woods Law.  I know stuff.)

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I am far more sympathetic to Mursel than to Anna (please note that I do NOT agree with his perspective).  I believe that he was always upfront with her about her sons and that she accepted his position/perspective.  For her to change her stance at this time to sell her "my boys are my life" story is just inconsistent and totally on her.  I feel the same about Mike and Natalie.  For her to have breakdowns because he is not a Christian is totally on her.  She knew it and now wants to change it.  Look, I'm a Christian and my faith is important to me, but I would never browbeat anyone about their beliefs and have, in fact, been romantically in love with non-Christians and accepted that we would respect each other.   People need to realize and accept that we cannot change others (and they can't change us...).  We either accept each other or move on.  But, changing the "deal" with the other person that many of these 90-dayers try to do is just wrong.  Anna and Natalie entered into these relationships nothing the beliefs of the other persons and should not expect to force the others into accepting unwanted changes/beliefs.  And the way Natalie reacted to Mike was just scary. 

I think that Juliana totally knew what a pre-nup was, she probably just thought that Michael wasn't going to have one.  That's why she's mad at herself-she took herself off the market for someone who is going to protect his money (or Sarah's money...).  She just seems far smarter in her interviews than she portrays during her scenes with Michael.  I would like to know more about why they broke up earlier in their relationship.

Robert and Anny are just tiring.  There's nothing interesting there except for the fact that Anny has apparently agreed to sleep with Bryson in the bed.  I'm sorry (not really), but I would never agree to sleep in a bed with someone else's child (well, maybe if I was related like a young nephew/niece situation)-especially if they were kicking and hitting me throughout the night.  Anny must really want that green card.  I also don't understand why they have so many arguments in front of innocent bystanders (retail sales clerk, boxing instructor, realtor).

I have so much joy watching Emily now realize that Sasha may be looking for #4!  I think Emily poured all that sugar on his cereal as a sort of passive-aggressive dig at him.  She is going to experience high levels of anxiety if she continues to worry about Sasha straying.  I actually think her sister is far more generous than I would be in this situation in that not only are they staying with her until they are "settled" but she gave up her bed/bedroom for them.  

I totally agree about Anna knowing how he felt before she brought him here.  She probably thought he'd meet the boys, fall in love with them, and change his mind.  That said, I don't feel sorry for Mursel in the slightest.  If she was okay with the lie, he's okay with a horrific, significant lie to his parents.  Why wouldn't it occur to her that if he can lie about something like this to his parents, he's capable of big lies to her when he's scared.  Then there's the fact that he's a cold fish in general, and a really cold one to her kids.  Unless we're missing something, he treats them as if they don't exist to him at all.  They are in his way to happiness with her.

And ITA on Emily!  She was so smug thinking the issue with him and his other kids are baby mamas only.  She was so smug thinking he was soooooo in love with her and would be soooooo in love with the baby.  Now she sees him in action and knows he has a deep character flaw and she's a stupid idiot who now feels like she has to keep him from his life's work --  a personal trainer -- to keep him from straying like he most likely did with her.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Cold breakfast cereal was invented in the US. Traditionally people in other parts of the world tend to eat more porridge (oat porridge/oatmeal, gruel, congee, pap). You probably see more cold cereal abroad just because people travel more, but that doesn't mean that a local would ever eat it or be familiar with it other than breakfast food in the American section of the store that has things for expats.

Yup - I've never been able to stomach a typical American breakfast. Eggs, cereal, and milk make me gag first thing in the morning.  I crave something more savory. Growing up, my exasperated mother figured out that I would eat soup, for breakfast.  So that's what I ate.  When friends learned about it, they thought it was beyond bizarre, and I spent way too much time defending soup.  As an adult, I continue to be the oddball breakfast person who is delighted to be someplace where pickled herring (old-school kosher) or pumpkin soup (Haiti) are considered normal breakfast foods.

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

And ITA on Emily!  She was so smug thinking the issue with him and his other kids are baby mamas only.  She was so smug thinking he was soooooo in love with her and would be soooooo in love with the baby.  Now she sees him in action and knows he has a deep character flaw and she's a stupid idiot who now feels like she has to keep him from his life's work --  a personal trainer -- to keep him from straying like he most likely did with her.

I have seen next to NO interest in that poor baby, never mind the boys left behind in Russia. When they were leaving, and he was hugging his parents, it was all about HIM, no tears for his children. And now he thinks he's going to make a big splash in American gyms, while his in laws watch his son. 

Emily knows it too, why else would she feel the need to constantly reiterate his responsibilities?? If you have to harangue him to pay attention to an infant, you might as well pack your bags, this will not end well.

• Love 14

Not that it matters, but Stephen Hawking, the genius physicist, was asked about God. He has faith in God, and he said that aliens are impossible. He said if there was intelligent life out there, they would have destroyed us all by now.

Belief in God and belief in aliens are two different things. It's not one or the other, IMO. I know religious people who believe in aliens and religious people who don't. Mike is taking it step further when he says that he thinks people throughout time explained alien behavior for God. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I love that we get to watch karma bite her in the ass.  You sometimes have to wait years for someone to get what they have coming to them.....but other times the universe rewards you by letting you witness instant karma.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Not that it matters, but Stephen Hawking, the genius physicist, was asked about God. He has faith in God, and he said that aliens are impossible. He said if there was intelligent life out there, they would have destroyed us all by now.

Belief in God and belief in aliens are two different things. It's not one or the other, IMO. I know religious people who believe in aliens and religious people who don't. Mike is taking it step further when he says that he thinks people throughout time explained alien behavior for God. 

Yep.  Hawking isn't the final word on the subject though.  There's lots of smart dudes working to try and discover other life too...  🙂

The issue isn't really about what one's beliefs are.  It's about trying to make someone else believe what you believe.  The ancient aliens stuff is a little goofy.  But the notion that humanity turned to gods/religion as a way to explain aspects of the world/cosmos that they didn't really understand is not at all goofy.  

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

The existence of alien life on other planets is different from believing that aliens came to earth and planted the seeds of human civilization.  The latter gets a lot of side-eye as racism - the assumption that prior human societies weren't smart enough to have figured out the technology required to build what they did.

The scientific community is definitely onboard with alien life on other planets, but whether they could get here, or why they would want to get here remains pure speculation.  Hawking's quote: "One day, we might receive a signal from a planet like this," Hawking said, referring to the potentially habitable alien planet Gliese 832c. "But we should be wary of answering back. Meeting an advanced civilization could be like Native Americans encountering Columbus. That didn't turn out so well," he added in 2016 during the documentary "Stephen Hawking's Favorite Places," which streamed on the CuriosityStream video service.

And while he believed in an underlying order to the universe, he was not religious in the conventional sense:"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail," Hawking said in The Guardian interview. "There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." 

(quote source: https://www.livescience.com/62015-stephen-hawking-quotes.html)

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

While abuse cuts across all income lines, as someone who worked as a child advocate in abuse and neglect cases, I see too many red flags. Normalizing abusive behavior by showing it on tv without comment or consequence, IMHO,  is bad for everyone.  Especially people who live with abusers like Ang.

Not sure why you suspect Angela of child abuse. Kind of a big leap. Her daughter is serving time for screwing a teenager. But I haven't seen Angela do anything abusive or neglectful w/ regard to the kids. She seems to really love them.

10 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I've been to both places, and they are not alike. South Bend is home to Mayor Pete AND Notre Dame University -- diametrically opposed.

Right. That was my point. I wonder how someone from Portland, OR would be content relocating to South Bend. Like night and day.

2 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Grocery stores in Britain and other parts of Europe were stocked with it when I lived there and not just in an American section for expats, which most grocery stores don't have. They even have their own brands. 

Yep, Weetabix, rice crispies and museli/muselix are huge over there and locals eat that stuff all the time.

• Love 2
On 12/16/2019 at 12:26 AM, Callaphera said:

Wino!Michael: *explains what a prenuptial agreement is using legal language*
Juliana: "I don't understand."
Wino!Michael: *explains what a prenuptial agreement is using business language*
Juliana: "I don't understand."

forty minutes later

Wino!Michael: "I'm not sure Juliana understands what a prenuptial agreement is."

HOLD THE PHONE. STOP THE PRESSES. It sure would have been nice if they had told us that befor... oh, wait.

Did we really spend all of their scenes in a two hour episode on the definition of a prenush pernum perineum prenup?

Julianna:  “I no understand”.  That’s rich.  Did she understand working on big money yachts with millionaires doing who knows what and getting loads of money to use for herself and her family?  She understood using credit cards he gave her and understood how to buy a car for her sister.  Now, all of a sudden, she no understands.  IMO, I think she knows exactly what she is doing, and so does he.     Plus, haha, after two hours of watching, we learned nothing new.  Plus, who wants to see Sasha and his wife in the gym working out.  What a waste of air time, done purposely.  You can tell me “ don’t watch then” but I have to see who winds up with who, and when, lol.  

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How would Natalie be if Seattle Mike was Jewish or Muslim or some other religion?  Since it is aliens she is having a fit...is it just he is not Catholic or just a different belief system all together?

She said she wants someone who shares her Christian faith (which I totally understand bc I feel the exact same way). It's not just bc of the aliens. But I bet she feels he would be easier to convert than a Jew or a Muslim bc there is not profession of faith or covenant made by alien believers.

• Love 2

@OldButHappy - I see your point.  I don't think it's proof positive that Angela abuses kids....but it's worrisome that she justifies her abusive behavior by blaming the other person.  

An adult should be responsible for controlling their violent urges and it's weird when "you made me so mad I had to hit you" is an excuse 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

"you made me so mad I had to hit you" is an excuse 

Exactly-that was the biggest red flag.  Good parents lose their tempers, sometimes.  Bad parents blame the child.  And she appears to be, generally, just one "answer that she doesn't want to hear" away from rage that sometimes turns physical.

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think that Juliana totally knew what a pre-nup was, she probably just thought that Michael wasn't going to have one.  That's why she's mad at herself-she took herself off the market for someone who is going to protect his money (or Sarah's money...).  She just seems far smarter in her interviews than she portrays during her scenes.

I agree - if you look at her IG account - some of her photos appear to be Legit professional model work photos. In my opinion you would need to have some smarts or at least know what’s going on to take photos/get work like that - I don’t know, not an expert - lol. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

Exactly-that was the biggest red flag.  Good parents lose their tempers, sometimes.  Bad parents blame the child.  And she appears to be, generally, just one "answer that she doesn't want to hear" away from rage that turns physical.

Except she seems really patient w/ and devoted to the kids.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

Mike is taking it step further when he says that he thinks people throughout time explained alien behavior for God. 

The theory that the gods worshiped by ancient civilizations were actually extraterrestrials is not Mike's, it's a longstanding theory of some archaeologists and historians. There's a whole TV series about this theory, called Ancient Aliens that's been on for at least a decade. I'd be willing to wager that's where Mike got his beliefs. Plus, as with any unproved theory, there's ample evidence to support it, and also lots of evidence that refutes it. 

The bottom line is that there are, in fact, ancient hieroglyphs that depict what appears to be technology that had not been invented yet - flying vehicles and bubble-headed humanoid beings who appear to be in what we'd interpret as 'spacesuits.' These things DO exist and remain unexplained, which gives some credence to the theory. Conversely, the Shroud of Turin also exists and people point to it as "proof" of the origin of their beliefs.  

At the end of the day, one theory isn't really that much more hard to swallow than another, if I'm looking at through a lens of critical thinking. 

• Love 15

This has probably already been pointed out but.....

Bryson should not be sleeping in the same bed as Anny.

If this was a girl child, and the 90 day foreigner was male, and the girl child was shown in bed, draping herself all over the man, there would (and should be) outrage.

Anny is a stranger to Bryson.  Much like TrASHngela already calling Muykul "daddy" to her houseful of grandkids.  

What is with people???

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 12/16/2019 at 1:01 PM, FrancescaFiore said:

And so it came to pass when Ange said that she is entitled to get what she wants as a taxpayer, she proved herself to be the dirty sphincter we all knew she is. 

Big Ang should move to South Korea. I hear they have clean anals over there...

Though, Ang would think it's a short water fountain and would just help herself to a sip or two. 

• LOL 9
9 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

The theory that the gods worshiped by ancient civilizations were actually extraterrestrials is not Mike's, it's a longstanding theory of some archaeologists and historians. There's a whole TV series about this theory, called Ancient Aliens that's been on for at least a decade. I'd be willing to wager that's where Mike got his beliefs. Plus, as with any unproved theory, there's ample evidence to support it, and also lots of evidence that refutes it. 

The bottom line is that there are, in fact, ancient hieroglyphs that depict what appears to be technology that had not been invented yet - flying vehicles and bubble-headed humanoid beings who appear to be in what we'd interpret as 'spacesuits.' These things DO exist and remain unexplained, which gives some credence to the theory. Conversely, the Shroud of Turin also exists and people point to it as "proof" of the origin of their beliefs.  

At the end of the day, one theory isn't really that much more hard to swallow than another, if I'm looking at through a lens of critical thinking. 

not too sure there's many actual archeologists and historians who propose the ancient aliens stuff as being any sort of theory.  The show is laughable.  Most of the things presented as being ancient pictures of tech and what not have perfectly reasonable mundane, non-alien explanations.  I mean the ancient alien idea has been around for ages.  I loved Von Daniken's Chariots of the Gods when I was a teenager.  But as a theory, well I guess if one feels that the National Enquirer is a respected scientific journal then sure, it's a valid theory.  🙂  

Having said that, it's not much less valid than actual religious doctrine as far as theories go...

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I may be wrong, but unfortunately I think Michael will get his visa.  If not, I think the producers would have saved them for future Before the 90 Days.  Many times these previews are not what we think they are.

We saw a preview of Michael crying, and of a few possibilities it could be over the thought of leaving behind his nieces and nephews.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 12/16/2019 at 8:08 AM, Mr. Miner said:

Who leaves a country packed with ponies for a non pony country? It just doesn't make sense.

On 12/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, Gobi said:

Did ancient aliens create the K-1 visa? You decide!

On 12/16/2019 at 9:08 AM, RealReality said:

It IS suspicious that there are visas on every continent.  IJS.

On 12/16/2019 at 11:28 AM, PinkFlamingo said:

Muscles fade but derp is forever. 

Laughing so hard I can't breathe. And in case I haven't told y'all lately, I totally ❤ all of you. 

"______ fades, but derp is forever" is the best one liner I've heard in quite some time. @PinkFlamingo, putting you on notice I'm officially stealing it and plan to use it often. 🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
Just now, MajorNelson said:

We saw a preview of Michael crying, and of a few possibilities it could be over the thought of leaving behind his nieces and nephews.

Based on past experience, whatever it is, it's not what the preview wants us to think it is. Hell, it could be tears of happiness that he passed the interview.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

She said she wants someone who shares her Christian faith (which I totally understand bc I feel the exact same way). It's not just bc of the aliens. But I bet she feels he would be easier to convert than a Jew or a Muslim bc there is not profession of faith or covenant made by alien believers.

I am constantly baffled by people who insist on dictating other people's beliefs. Mike's point is that we each get to decide for ourselves what we believe. I'd rather be with someone who accepts that I believe what I believe - even if my partner disagrees with my beliefs - and isn't always angling for a way to disparage or dissuade me from believing what I believe.

What Natalie is trying to do is force Mike to change from one implausible belief to another. "You must share my delusion and agree to teach my delusion to any children we produce," is a dealbreaker for any sane person in any type of relationship.

Case and point, eons ago, I used to work for a chiropractor who, like most chiropractors, was extremely anti-medicine. I didn't subscribe to that belief and THAT was okay - but this chiropractor was also a hardcore Scientologist and insisted on constantly pressuring me to subscribe to that nonsense until I finally had to tell him (and his pushy-ass, insufferable wife) that I was never going to acquiesce & join their cult. Mike would do well to follow that example and tell Natalie that she's welcome to her nonsense and he's entitled to his - end of discussion.

11 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Or maybe he was crying because he got the visa and now he has to marry Peroxide Sasquatch.

12 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Though, Ang would think it's a short water fountain and would just help herself to a sip or two. 

"Bidet? Don't mind if I b'do!"

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:
11 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Or having to marry Angela! 

Oh no, honey, I passed!  (cries)

• LOL 3
21 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

The theory that the gods worshiped by ancient civilizations were actually extraterrestrials is not Mike's, it's a longstanding theory of some archaeologists and historians. There's a whole TV series about this theory, called Ancient Aliens that's been on for at least a decade

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidanderson/2018/12/31/mysterious-ancient-mysteries-and-the-problems-with-archaeology-made-for-tv/#6e5124e43d4e

I used to think that television shows that presented unproven ideas as facts were harmless.

But the past three years in the U.S., with any divergent political opinion labelled as "fake", losing the ability for critical thinking seems much more dangerous than it did, to me, in the past.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, OldButHappy said:

But the past three years in the U.S., with any divergent political opinion labelled as "fake", losing the ability for critical thinking seems much more dangerous than it did, to me, in the past.

What's missing in America and elsewhere is critical thinking. A little critical thinking goes such a long way. It's not taught in school and it should be. It is infinitely easier to suss out what's fake, manipulative misinformation when you're able to identify and see through the tactics (i.e., is the person relaying the information credible? Are they ranting and waving their arms or pounding on the table? Do they appear to be shouting or raising their voice to indicate faux outrage? That's manipulation. Real news is almost always reported dispassionately. The single exception to this is when Walter Cronkite choked up a bit when reporting that JFK had passed away).

Shows like Ancient Aliens aren't meant to convince anyone, they're meant to be entertaining and maybe thought provoking. But nobody is willing to fight and die to defend their belief about alien gods, so that belief system seems much less harmful to the world than some other beliefs. The issue where politics are concerned, IMHO, is that people generally don't bother making the very important distinction between leadership and showmanship. That has been what I see as the heart of the issue - people choosing what they believe based on feelings rather than facts. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

What's missing in America and elsewhere is critical thinking. A little critical thinking goes such a long way. It's not taught in school and it should be. It is infinitely easier to suss out what's fake, manipulative misinformation when you're able to identify and see through the tactics (i.e., is the person relaying the information credible? Are they ranting and waving their arms or pounding on the table? Do they appear to be shouting or raising their voice to indicate faux outrage? That's manipulation. Real news is almost always reported dispassionately. The single exception to this is when Walter Cronkite choked up a bit when reporting that JFK had passed away).

Shows like Ancient Aliens aren't meant to convince anyone, they're meant to be entertaining and maybe thought provoking. But nobody is willing to fight and die to defend their belief about alien gods, so that belief system seems much less harmful to the world than some other beliefs. The issue where politics are concerned, IMHO, is that people generally don't bother making the very important distinction between leadership and showmanship. That has been what I see as the heart of the issue - people choosing what they believe based on feelings rather than facts. 

Agreed, and I LOVE that you used the word "suss."

• Love 3
21 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

Yes, if they were wknd guests. But she's putting these three unemployed ppl up in her home for months! They should be asking HER what SHE wants for breakfast! 🤣

Can you imagine the inconvenience, especially if she is used to living alone?

Oh, I'm pretty sure Bitchy Sister Betsy lives alone. Who would live with her? She's insufferable!

If Emily and her sister agreed that Emily and family would be staying with Betsy for the duration, and talked beforehand about what each party could expect, then Betsy has no business bitching and complaining from the minute Emily landed. If she didn't want them to stay, she could have said so. If she was not going to cook or look after them as guests (and there's no reason why she should), then she needed to make sure they understood that. They'd be staying at her house but would need to contribute to the family coffers, take care of their own needs wrt groceries and personal care items, do their own laundry and arrange their own child care. Frankly, since she's so celebrated for "speaking her mind" and "having no filter" and "saying exactly what she thinks", I'm surprised that she apparently hasn't done so. She must love tossing passive aggressive barbs at Emily as much as she loves telling it like it is! 

Sasha is no prize, and Emily appears to be a dimwit. Neither she nor her sister come out looking good here.

21 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I have a feeling if he was a dynamo in bed, she would be okay with the  lie about her boys.  I also think she finds him irritating.  She brought that simpleton here knowing that he didn't tell his family about her boys and it wasn't a problem then.  If he was a dynamo in the sack with a great personality, she'd forsake the kids.  But he annoys her.

But she blushes and simpers about how she has "no complaints" about their sex life. She must be desperate. She needs a trip to the dildo shop, stat.

16 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

The Russian Orthodox churches I’ve been to around my area look very similar to that church. Speaking of which, does Sequim, WA have a Russian Orthodox Church? Something to consider.

There's Russian, Greek, Syrian, all kinds of Orthodox churches. Don't they all fall under the broad designation of Eastern Orthodox? Either way, Washington's had a fair bit of Russian immigration, I'm sure there are Orthodox churches there.

6 hours ago, blubld43 said:

There's a local commercial here, by a car dealership, in which the owner's 3 year old son speaks the entire time, it's just him. I can't understand a word he says except the "Happy birthday Jesus" at the end. 

It's annoying, I'm sorry, listening to incomprehensible baby talk from anyone IMO.

God, one of the local dealerships here has one of his little kids yowling "Metro West Subarooooooo!" in his ads and it makes me want to jump out a window. And I like little kids.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Boston said:

STOP IT ANNA.. A man is not gonna make you feel better - especially this stunted boy man.. gross.. Love your sons

And there's the, you know, having to wipe his urine off the toilet seat, FFS!

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

But she blushes and simpers about how she has "no complaints" about their sex life. She must be desperate. She needs a trip to the dildo shop, stat.

Laura can help Anna with that. Maybe there's a yellow & black one instead of purple.

It would be beeyond beelief! 

• LOL 11
On 12/16/2019 at 1:51 AM, mamadrama said:

Re: Mike/Julie..I gotta take a break from the borads on this show. Snarking and reading snark is only fun if you aren't friends with the person.

I can see your point. But they aren't helping themselves by Michael's ex wife going around defending them when somebody posts a funny meme or Michael having a hissy fit about comments people made about him on the show. Frankly it makes them look elitist and out of touch by thinking they are above it all when they are the ones who put themselves out there on a trashy reality show. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I'm sure they're using this shot as a signal that maybe he doesn't get what he's after.  But I bet it's your angle more reliably.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Juliana, Marilyn Monroe called. She wants her breathless, innocent, baby girl act back. 

For you young ‘uns out there, MM perfected the naive (but actually very smart and cagey) female character who appears helpless, thus making a limp-dick think he is strong and brave and capable of saving her, while she’s playing him the whole time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

And there's the, you know, having to wipe his urine off the toilet seat, FFS!

Any adult male should know that aim is not so reliable that you can leave the seat down. Either lift the seat or urinate while sitting.

50 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Ha!!! Now that makes sense 

Maybe he heard his hero is in trouble.  I hope that was vague enough.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
Spoiler

Natalie is a full blown nut job (I don't know why spoiler is in here).  Mike needs to RUN fast back home.  

Juliana is faking us all.. she knows whats going on.

Anna needs to take care of those boys.. thank god they have good heads on their shoulders.

Everyone seems to feel bad about Anny (and Robert)..she's a bitch and looking for money, but she looked in the wrong place.

• Love 1

Maybe I'm naïve, but I think something is getting seriously lost in translation between Anna and Mursel. 

Emily's Mom is so pretty.  I loved her dress too.

Thank God no Tania this week.  I just can't with her and her Syringe. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I can see your point. But they aren't helping themselves by Michael's ex wife going around defending them when somebody posts a funny meme or Michael having a hissy fit about comments people made about him on the show. Frankly it makes them look elitist and out of touch by thinking they are above it all when they are the ones who put themselves out there on a trashy reality show. 

So much this.  

These participants are so much more likeable when they just lean into the snark instead of being defensive.  

The idea that someone would sign up for this show and then demand all the benefits and none of the detriment is annoying.  

And stop being upset with viewers for having an opinion based on what they have seen or crying that production is misrepresenting you.  This show has been on the air for nearly a decade.....you know that this is a show for trainwrecks and those who love to snark of them....if you cannot handle that....it's fine....then don't be on the show and get all the benefits.

It all just chaps my hide.  

ETA: generic "you"

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

These participants are so much more likeable when they just lean into the snark instead of being defensive.  

Exactly. By lecturing us it just makes it worse and it makes people want to pull them off their high horse. I give credit to somebody like David who will hit like on some of the memes about him and make fun of himself, it makes him more likable to me.

• Love 15

As many of us here have been viewers from the start of 90D, we remember when this show was not the farce/trainwreck it has become. Ahh, the days of such couples: Danny and Amy, Kyle and Noon, Alan and Kirlyam, Alexi and Loren....and a few others. I continue to watch hoping for another couple I will vociferously cheer for while in my living room. 

As I have expressed here several times, I abhor wineMichael for several reasons. The most superficial one is his odd facial expressions. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Archer27 said:

As many of us here have been viewers from the start of 90D, we remember when this show was not the farce/trainwreck it has become.

On the spoilers thread somebody posted a preview of the next season and I think the train is going to remain off the rails, they are going to keep going for more shock value and less real couples.

• Love 2