Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: The Truth Shall Set You Free

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I think it's been a very long time since a white wedding dress has been thought of as virginal and pure and a white wedding dress is now just a white wedding dress. God knows when I was married, I should have been wearing a pitch black dress if that was the case. 

I think a traditional white wedding dress and full veil looks ridiculous on older women. It isn't the color -- it's the style and the veil. She looked horrid. 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And the way the whole family caterwauled about "American breakfast! American cereal!" like it was the second coming of Christ. My god, its a bowl of cereal for crying out loud. The ride to the gym must have been fun. "Look, Sasha, there's an American tree! Do you have such tall trees in Russia?" "Over there is an American Jiffy Lube! Do you have such clean efficient oil changing shops in Russia?" "There's an American Dunkin Donuts! Large sugary donuts are a traditional American treat!" 

Just how do they figure that cold cereal is an American breakfast exactly? It's pretty common in most western countries from what I remember based on my travels lol. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I think if Mursel didn't annoy her so much and was this romantic, gorgeous Turk beekeeper who was hot in the sack, she'd be perfectly okay "sacrificing" and living the lie.   

I'm still trying to understand this beekeeper plotline, I thought she was like a professional beekeeper, they bonded over their deep love and understanding of bees and from what I can tell calling it a hobbies of hers seems like an exaggeration. My father made a bigger commitment to bee keeping and he is a bored retiree. 

45 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I've never heard of another adult putting sugar over an already sugary cereal...or any cereal.  

I wouldn't put sugar in someone's sugary cereal even if I knew they liked sugar.  The whole thing is weird.  Maybe this is her just trying to get them to leave. 

Confession, my husband does this and I find it deeply strange. And he doesn't have a particular sweet tooth, he is rail thin, the guy has abs in his mid 40s, and he dumps sugar on Honey Nut Cheerios.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And I know it's off topic - I like SOME children (depending on their personalities) it's babies that I've never found appealing.

I like some children but not all. I especially can't stand it when they're too precious, like that brat in the dishwasher commercial "so what does the dishwasher DO?" And don't get me started on the care.com kid. Like, no, kid, I don't think you're cute. 

Saying that, I do feel really badly for the kids of 90 Day people. It's unfair that they have to start off life burdened with an idiot for a parent. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
On 12/14/2019 at 12:17 PM, Christina said:

It goes without saying but, SASHA IS AN ASS. I'm also pretty certain that Emily's mom is not handing David back over to her any time soon, so Sasha is going to be her only child for awhile. Once David turns two she might get him back.

Thank you for keeping the “Sasha is an ass!” tradition going- opening line in this forum 3 weeks running!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

I like some children but not all. I especially can't stand it when they're too precious, like that brat in the dishwasher commercial "so what does the dishwasher DO?" And don't get me started on the care.com kid. Like, no, kid, I don't think you're cute. 

Saying that, I do feel really badly for the kids of 90 Day people. It's unfair that they have to start off life burdened with an idiot for a parent. 

Oh no, I can't do a bratty kid or a kid who is "on" or trying too hard.  

I generally can't handle kids in any commerical where they are "schooling" a parent.  There was a commerical with a kid who was complaining about his mom's minivan not being cool.  I could feel my blood boil. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I forgot about Mike and Natalie. The religion thing that is so important to her is a major red flag. He does not share her faith and is not likely to convert any time soon. He may respect it, but that is it. He has his own beliefs. Natalie either accepts it or looks for another donor. Her driving was a bit scary. Surely there are much nicer churches than the one she took him to. Mike does not want a baby right this minute and she should respect that. If she wants one that much, find a donor or have a one night stand with some poor schmuck. Problem solved.

The Russian Orthodox churches I’ve been to around my area look very similar to that church. Speaking of which, does Sequim, WA have a Russian Orthodox Church? Something to consider.

1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

Just how do they figure that cold cereal is an American breakfast exactly? It's pretty common in most western countries from what I remember based on my travels lol. 

For me, not so much.  When I have traveled to Europe and to Australia, breakfast was pastries, hot cereal, cold cheeses and meats and eggs made to order.  I don’t remember seeing cold cereal as an option overseas.

Oh, and lots of coffee, juices and teas.

Edited by b2H
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

The Russian Orthodox churches I’ve been to around my area look very similar to that church. Speaking of which, does Sequim, WA have a Russian Orthodox Church? Something to consider.

There is a Russian Orthodox church in Port Townsend, about 30 miles/40 minutes away.

Interestingly, Google Maps has a menu of categories you can search - and churches are not on the list.

D7382433-F9F1-4735-95E2-AB3FBDC723D8.jpeg

2 hours ago, b2H said:

For me, not so much.  When I have traveled to Europe and to Australia, breakfast was pastries, hot cereal, cold cheeses and meats and eggs made to order.  I don’t remember seeing cold cereal as an option overseas.

Muesli was always on offer when I was in Sweden.

Edited by kirklandia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

The whole breakfast cereal thing was production setup.

It's not like they were all seated to breakfast, and all having cereal.  She just handed Sasha a bowl of sugar-added cereal and they filmed it.  Production knew they'd get that reaction from him, because he eats so "healthy".  

He was the only one eating, and they were standing around watching, like he was a circus animal.

Of course, his a-hole comments about mom looking good and his side-eye to sister, plus his 40-lb. comment to Emily, well that was all a production dream.

• Love 10

Re baby David my oldest grandson was one BIG baby.  My daughter is small.  I remember her calling me crying because some clerk at the drug store commented on how huge he was.

He's now 6'2" and wears a size 1 4 shoe.  A tall skinny kid.   Probably how David will end up!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I feel sorry for Robert’s other four children and I wonder how often he sees them. If I were their mothers, they damned sure wouldn’t be spending the night at his place. If the one kid is sleeping in the bed with him, I’m sure they would be forced to sleep on the floor like little urchins.

I think they were left in Brooklyn.  He kept the accent though.

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Now the poor guy has two women badgering him about having a baby.

I think we are being punked and that is Natalie’s grandma (or great grandma).  She is either 95 or they live downwind from Chernobyl.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

(raising hand) Me! I don't know why but the doleful way she always says "the boys" makes my hair stand on end. "My kids" "my sons"? change it up a little!

She's just so terrible in every way though. What does she see in that lump of bee keeping play dough? He's so dull. And she is so spineless and weak willed.

Maybe the boys refer to the three moles.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Why are they talking about cereal? Why aren't they worried about baby David's ginormous head and the fact he weighs more than a 1st grader. I'd be hurrying back to America and heading to a pediatrician ASAP to get that kid checked out.

I wonder if Sasha will pull a Fernanda once he realizes how banal Indiana is, and that the work he wants to do is all on the West Coast. He's probably going to want Emily to move to LA, or he will move there saying he'll send for her once he's settled, and well, never talk to her again. Unlike all the other couples, I don't see any sort of connection between Emily and Sasha. He's distant, and she's whiney. I've never seen them have any type of conversation, and he isn't warm or comforting. When she was giving birth, he looked annoyed and bored. Anyway, if Emily thinks anyone is going to want Sasha, with three kids by three different women, and three marriages, she's bonkers. She's a special type of desperate.

Mike seems nice enough, but the alien thing is just too much. I understand what Natalie is talking about when she says people who don't have faith are scary. They are, IMO. Is not about believing in certain stories, but more about believing that there is something out there that is more powerful than you and that you're not the center of the universe, that you are accountable for your actions and that your actions matter. That's my opinion though, and I also can't imagine ever dating a guy that believed that aliens were real, let alone that people mistook aliens for Jesus.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I get the feeling that Mursel annoys her.  That she romanticized him, found she couldn't communicate with him but was in love with the idea of marriage from someone who lived in an exotic (to her) land.  Her friends gave her the permission to stop what she knew was wrong.

I think if Mursel didn't annoy her so much and was this romantic, gorgeous Turk beekeeper who was hot in the sack, she'd be perfectly okay "sacrificing" and living the lie.   

I don't get it.. there is something wrong with Murcel.. Anna must be desperate to find a man.. He is a nobody and nothing could make ME want him.. NOTHING.. Her kids are right (and I think they are smart and well versed in the MEN dept. for their mother).  kick him back to Turkey.. focus on your sons.. you are a mother (I know about a mother who kicked her kids to the curb - still fallout after all these years).. STOP IT ANNA.. A man is not gonna make you feel better - especially this stunted boy man.. gross.. Love your sons

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
10 hours ago, ChiMama said:
23 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I was screaming this in my head the whole time -- especially when she claimed that "as a taxpayer, I DESERVE to  .. . . yammer, yammer."

You are underestimating the tobacco taxes she pays.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Meanwhile, Sasha looks uglier and uglier by the minute.  What the fuck is it with that stupid hair?  He has no forehead.  And big features on a small face

Like a kewpie doll or Howdy Doody.

• LOL 2

re: Grangela's mom... I think I read on either insta or the twitter (I forget whose account, sorry) that her mom has cancer and that's what's taking over her face.  

I would think having Grangela as my child would be punishment enough in this life, but that's just me.

Also, Natalie? If you want babies, I think Sasha has some experience with that.  His babymakin' resume probably would make Mother Natalie very happy.  
So with that, let's re-couple this cast.  Mike and Emily, Natalie and Sasha.  Boom. Done.  Next season, pls.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

If Sasha lost 10 pounds of muscle then exactly how tight were his shirts before????

Back in 2000 when I traveled to Moscow and St. Petersburg, our breakfasts at the hotels consisted of fish, caviar, yogurt, and some fruit.  Thank heaven for the yogurt. (Fancier, western style hotels had breakfast buffets like you’d find in the US—complete with omelette stations and pancakes.)

I forgot to add that I am actually very concerned about Angela‘s grandchildren. It doesn’t sound like they have a room to sleep in at her house. I have no idea how that woman can afford to bring Michael over from Nigeria. She’s clearly struggling to make ends meet.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Me man, me lift heavy rocks, bust out of tiny shirts and make baby. You woman, you make food and take care of baby.”

- Derpiest derp face that ever derped

Imagine his O face.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RealReality said:
2 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Applause, applause, applause!

1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

He's now 6'2" and wears a size 1 4 shoe

I wear a size 13.  And no, It’s not true.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

IDK why Emily's sister lives in South Bend, IN. But is that place even comparable to Portland, OR? (I've been to IN, but never SB, specifically. And 😴🌽😑 )

Why would someone who is from Portland be willing to move to South Bend and invest time there looking for a job? And start over there? Surely there could have been a way for them to save up and just move back to Portland? Leverage some old connections to get a temporary job there? Does the mother also live in South Bend? Is that where the family is actually from or are they from Portland? 

No offense to anyone but wtf? That is not believable to me.

I've been to both places, and they are not alike. South Bend is home to Mayor Pete AND Notre Dame University -- diametrically opposed. It's a smallish college town (about halfway between the cities of Chicago and Indianapolis at least). It's also in the state of Indiana, whose former governor was Mike Pence. It's a pretty rural conservative non-diverse place -- football and basketball are king. Portland is a more urban city atmosphere and pretty intent on being hip and uber-liberal. It's diverse and the home of coffeehouses & grunge rock, and  has some beautiful natural scenery, a Pacific Ocean coastline, and some kickass wineries to the south.

South Bend would be MUCH cheaper for them to live in than Portland, but it's not a hotbed for fitness modeling. Is Emily a teacher? I see her working in a daycare center or something -- she can take David with her -- problem solved. Sasha would be free & clear to roam and be admired.

The only reason to go to South Bend is to go to ND, maybe for grad school or to work there? I'm not sure if EMILY was from Portland or if her whole family was. I don't know what the deal is with her mom -- she was kind of awkward and stiff and VERY aware of (and done up for) the camera. Does she live in South Bend too? Where is Emily's dad?

Edited by ChiMama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

And for a guy who is a big winetrepreneur, have we ever witnessed him having a glass of wine?

No, I don't believe we have. I think he's a fraud -- I wonder what his story is? His apartment was cheap & junky, his new house is old and 80's era, he's NEVER shown working or talking about work -- i  think his new house (VERY sparsely furnished) AND his luxury cars are all leased by the the show to fit his 'rich guy' storyline. I call BOGUS.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Spike said:
9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Why does Skyla's kids not live with her?

I figured they were all the convict’s kids though obviously from different baby daddies.

I think three of the kids are Skyla's and three are Scottie's (the daughter in jail.) Last season when Scottie was on the show, she took Angela to the airport with three little blonde girls in tow, so I believe they are hers and the biracial boy and two girls are Skyla's. Everyone lives in Angela's hovel, all three generations. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

They may both be playing each other, but it's Angela who's going to end up paying in the end. That is, if Michael ever makes it onto American soil. It looks questionable based on the previews for next week.

I may be wrong, but unfortunately I think Michael will get his visa.  If not, I think the producers would have saved them for future Before the 90 Days.  Many times these previews are not what we think they are.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Look, I really don’t want to be a downer. But does anyone else think that if Anna’s friends hadn’t reacted with abject horror to finding out that Mursel won’t tell his family about her boys...Anna would have been perfectly happy to go on and marry someone who clearly wishes her children didn’t exist?

Absolutely -- 1000%! Honestly, I think she had grown tired of Murcel already (and annoyed by him, as another poster said) and is conveniently using her family and friends' outrage at the hiding the kids thing to send him packing. She gets her way AND looks virtuous and Ms. Martyr-ish at the same time.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Boston said:

I don't get it.. there is something wrong with Murcel.. Anna must be desperate to find a man.. He is a nobody and nothing could make ME want him.. NOTHING.. Her kids are right (and I think they are smart and well versed in the MEN dept. for their mother).  kick him back to Turkey.. focus on your sons.. you are a mother (I know about a mother who kicked her kids to the curb - still fallout after all these years).. STOP IT ANNA.. A man is not gonna make you feel better - especially this stunted boy man.. gross.. Love your sons

I don't think Anna has had many offers of local D!  So Marcel looked pretty good to her.  Now that the lust is wearing off and her friends now know how she's treating her boys it's bye bye for now!

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I figured they were all the convict’s kids though obviously from different baby daddies.

Interesting family!  Lol

28 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I think three of the kids are Skyla's and three are Scottie's (the daughter in jail.) Last season when Scottie was on the show, she took Angela to the airport with three little blonde girls in tow, so I believe they are hers and the biracial boy and two girls are Skyla's. Everyone lives in Angela's hovel, all three generations. 

With all those children Michael won't need to father a child.  Heck he'll have six fatherless children to dote on.

Btw does Angela receive government money for all those kids and grandma's social security check?

One last question.  Why don't Skylas children live with her???

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Everyone lives in Angela's hovel, all three generations. 

Angela said something in this episode like "Skyla doesn't live with me, but she might as well" or something like that. Probably lives with a boyfriend, but hangs out a lot with mom and kids (who maybe can't live with her and bf for . . . registered / can't be near kids reasons?).

Edited by ChiMama
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

3 hours ago, b2H said:

Cold breakfast cereal was invented in the US. Traditionally people in other parts of the world tend to eat more porridge (oat porridge/oatmeal, gruel, congee, pap). You probably see more cold cereal abroad just because people travel more, but that doesn't mean that a local would ever eat it or be familiar with it other than breakfast food in the American section of the store that has things for expats.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Cold breakfast cereal was invented in the US.

Invented in NY and commercial cereal started an hour from where I live in "Cereal City" Battle Creek, Michigan. When I stayed with a family in Russia (Siberia) their usual breakfast was mainly vegetables so I can see why cold cereal with a bunch of sugar dumped on would be odd for Sasha especially if he is into health food. They could have tried to buy a few food items he was familiar with, but on the other hand he should have probably kept his comments to himself since he is a guest in their home.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Invented in NY and commercial cereal started an hour from where I live in "Cereal City" Battle Creek, Michigan. When I stayed with a family in Russia (Siberia) their usual breakfast was mainly vegetables so I can see why cold cereal with a bunch of sugar dumped on would be odd for Sasha especially if he is into health food. They could have tried to buy a few food items he was familiar with, but on the other hand he should have probably kept his comments to himself since he is a guest in their home.

I feel like you can't go wrong with essentially a charcuterie tray, eggs, and fruit salad for most people for breakfast and maybe danish. Bread, meat, cheese, roasted veg, eggs, and fruit should satisfy a fair number of people. Heck, the could have thrown in an avocado because Sasha probably hasn't seen too many of those.

Sasha is such an unspeakably rude person. The only person he's currently nice to is Emily's mom. He's been terrible to Emily and her sister. He was barely interested in the baby and now that he's seen that Emily's sister is bigger, you know he's going to blame the baby's enormity on Emily's family.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, b2H said:

I had livewurst for breakfast in Germany.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Yes, I think the difference is that he will be living there.  If this was just a weekend visit then maybe she should have put out more effort.....but if he is going to be living there I don't see why he wasn't told where the food was and told to help himself.  I wouldn't want to set a precedent whereby Sasha expects to be waited on and served as he was and Emily were laying up in my place for however long rent free. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Why are they talking about cereal? Why aren't they worried about baby David's ginormous head and the fact he weighs more than a 1st grader. I'd be hurrying back to America and heading to a pediatrician ASAP to get that kid checked out.

I wonder if Sasha will pull a Fernanda once he realizes how banal Indiana is, and that the work he wants to do is all on the West Coast. He's probably going to want Emily to move to LA, or he will move there saying he'll send for her once he's settled, and well, never talk to her again. Unlike all the other couples, I don't see any sort of connection between Emily and Sasha. He's distant, and she's whiney. I've never seen them have any type of conversation, and he isn't warm or comforting. When she was giving birth, he looked annoyed and bored. Anyway, if Emily thinks anyone is going to want Sasha, with three kids by three different women, and three marriages, she's bonkers. She's a special type of desperate.

Mike seems nice enough, but the alien thing is just too much. I understand what Natalie is talking about when she says people who don't have faith are scary. They are, IMO. Is not about believing in certain stories, but more about believing that there is something out there that is more powerful than you and that you're not the center of the universe, that you are accountable for your actions and that your actions matter. That's my opinion though, and I also can't imagine ever dating a guy that believed that aliens were real, let alone that people mistook aliens for Jesus.

lol.  personally, I find religious people a little scary.  

• Love 17
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

I generally can't handle kids in any commerical where they are "schooling" a parent.  There was a commerical with a kid who was complaining about his mom's minivan not being cool.  I could feel my blood boil. 

There's a local commercial here, by a car dealership, in which the owner's 3 year old son speaks the entire time, it's just him. I can't understand a word he says except the "Happy birthday Jesus" at the end. 

It's annoying, I'm sorry, listening to incomprehensible baby talk from anyone IMO.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Why are they talking about cereal? Why aren't they worried about baby David's ginormous head and the fact he weighs more than a 1st grader. I'd be hurrying back to America and heading to a pediatrician ASAP to get that kid checked out..

Anyway, if Emily thinks anyone is going to want Sasha, with three kids by three different women, and three marriages, she's bonkers. She's a special type of desperate.

I've noticed baby Daveed also seems to have a perpetually startled look, always very wide-eyed. This could be his natural baby expression, OR something hormonal, which might also explain his unusually large size. Just speculation, he IS big but babies can be like that.

I don't find Sasha in the least attractive. Emily certainly doesn't need to lose weight, much less 40 pounds, who does he think he is??  He thinks he's going to take the "fitness model" industry by storm? He can probably get a job at a gym, but I don't see any kind of model in this guy, unless it's Instagram model.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I've noticed baby Daveed also seems to have a perpetually startled look, always very wide-eyed. This could be his natural baby expression, OR something hormonal, which might also explain his unusually large size. Just speculation, he IS big but babies can be like that.

I don't find Sasha in the least attractive. Emily certainly doesn't need to lose weight, much less 49 pounds, who does he think he is??  He thinks he's going to take the "fitness model" industry by storm? He can probably get a job at a gym, but I don't see any kind of model in this guy, unless it's Instagram model.

Losing 49lbs seems ridiculous to me. Granted, I’m not good at guessing weight, but how much could Emily weigh now - 120lbs, 130lbs? Even if she weighs 150lbs, she’d be a skeleton if she lost 49lbs.

• Love 3

Natalie belongs to the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, not the Russian Orthodox church.  The Patriarchate of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine is based in Kiyv, but she seems to have taken Mike to a smaller church, rather than the cathedral.  Also, the domes of the church were in the Greek Orthodox style, not the Russian style.

St. Herman of Alaska is a prominent saint of the Orthodox Church of America.  He was a Russian Orthodox monk and missionary in Alaska.  The Ukranian and OCA churches are co-eccumenical with the Russian Orthodox church.

If Natalie wanted to marry Mike in a wedding that the Church recognizes, he would have to be baptized in the Trinity.  More significantly, Mike would have to have been baptized as an Orthodox to be the godfather of their friends' child.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

I don't find Sasha in the least attractive. Emily certainly doesn't need to lose weight, much less 40 pounds, who does he think he is??  He thinks he's going to take the "fitness model" industry by storm? He can probably get a job at a gym, but I don't see any kind of model in this guy, unless it's Instagram model.

Neither do I but guys like him are really not my type. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Some of the scariest, least accountable people I've met call themselves Christians.  Morality, unselfishness, accountability aren't limited to those who are religious.  

If you really think about what you are supposed to believe as a Christian (walking on water, a Virgin mother), it's not all that much less ridiculous than aliens or any Scientology tenant.  Just my opinion.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Cold breakfast cereal was invented in the US. Traditionally people in other parts of the world tend to eat more porridge (oat porridge/oatmeal, gruel, congee, pap). You probably see more cold cereal abroad just because people travel more, but that doesn't mean that a local would ever eat it or be familiar with it other than breakfast food in the American section of the store that has things for expats.

Grocery stores in Britain and other parts of Europe were stocked with it when I lived there and not just in an American section for expats, which most grocery stores don't have. They even have their own brands. 

• Love 2