Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: The Truth Shall Set You Free

• Start Topic

Michael & Juliana discuss a potential pre-nup. Angela goes wedding gown shopping. Emily & Sasha arrive in the U.S. Robert and Anny go apartment hunting. Anna gives Mursel an ultimatum. Natalie panics about her differences with Mike.

Early Preview Premiered 12/14/19

Full Episode Premiered 12/15/19

I keep getting knocked offline because we're having brown outs. So, anyone who checks in here before watching the episode, MUTE ANNA AND FRIENDS. Seriously, way too much information.

Also, I'm clearly psychic. I called every storyline so far. Unless Sharp is using the same script from season one, but why would they do that?

Finally, for the moment until the power stops fluctuating...

It goes without saying but, SASHA IS AN ASS. I'm also pretty certain that Emily's mom is not handing David back over to her any time soon, so Sasha is going to be her only child for awhile. Once David turns two she might get him back.

Edited by Christina
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Christina said:

I keep getting knocked offline because we're having brown outs. So, anyone who checks in here before watching the episode, MUTE ANNA AND FRIENDS. Seriously, way too much information.

Also, I'm clearly psychic. I called every storyline so far. Unless Sharp is using the same script from season one, but why would they do that?

Finally, for the moment until the power stops fluctuating...

It goes without saying but, SASHA IS AN ASS. I'm also pretty certain that Emily's mom is not handing David back over to her any time soon, so Sasha is going to be her only child for awhile. Once David turns two she might get him back.

I think Sasha would love a situation that would allow him to be the center of the universe again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Natalie says religion is so important to her but she must  never have talked to him about this before. 

Annas dress is a bit too short. 

I’m surprised Natalie was okay with him wearing jeans to church. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, RealReality said:

So we're having this conversation again???

Unless there is a serious hygiene concern, I just think that some guys go down and some don't.  I feel like it rarely has anything to do with the woman in question.  I'm not a man, this is just the impression I get.  

I realize that you can't judge a book by its cover.....but I wouldn't have pegged mursel as a guy who would do that.  He seems like the type who feels his presence is a giant favor to everyone around him, so I'd bet he is fantastically selfish and inept in the sack....because in his mind any sex he has with Anna is a favor to her. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that he was a total virgin prior to Anna.  He seems like a tough sell in any country. 

It was a lame joke because I’m into dudes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Spike said:

I think I would rather watch a Dr. Pimple Popper marathon than one more minute of Angela’s mom.

Or they could do a cross-over episode of the 2 shows and Dr Lee could get rid of that thing for her!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Or they could do a cross-over episode of the 2 shows and Dr Lee could get rid of that thing for her!

If that is  Big Ang's mother at78 years old I can only imagine how Big Ang will age.  BTW, that hovel, oy vey! No visa is worth having to live like that voluntarily, all those kids, a step daughter (using that term generously) that hates him and a former kitchen witch, (just google that term, you will understand). 

Big Ang's interior decorator must have been Nicole.

Really? Everyone will be calling Mah-kul, "Pappa?"

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

I’m surprised Natalie was okay with him wearing jeans to church. 

In some foreign cultures dressing up for what we would think as a "dressy" occasion is not done, I have been to a lot of Bar and Bat Mitzvah's where the Americans dress up for the service but the visiting Israelis have a much more casual approach.

It is interesting that she made him go to church yet no service was going on.

Wouldn't religion be one of thos topics you would talk about before you start with the I love you's?

Also, Mike saying oy vey was priceless, does he think that is Russian?

Russian baby food must be very high calorie.

Sasha the fitness junkie said he likes a lot of sugar so maybe that is something that is in a lot of Russian baby food?

• Love 9

This whole 1-hour "preview" is annoying. IMO. FYI.

Thoughts on the "preview" which is really just half the show. 

1. I love that Sasha is standing up to Emily's dumb sister. That said, why is she making breakfast? That seemed producer driven to me, BUT let's say it wasn't. Giving a guy you know is a fitness freak overly processed sugar-laden food is pretty dumb. So either the producers set that up, or she is just an idiot. Also, wouldn't Emily tell her sister ahead of time what kind of food to have on hand? Or are these people just that ill prepared/ dumb. In that case, they need Sasha who seems to be the smartest of the bunch, so far.

2. Michael's comment about being seen as a rich and sleazy guy. No, you are just seen as sleazy. You live in a 80's house, desperate for rehabbing. I don't believe that at an home wedding with 40 guests is gonna be 40k to 100k. That would be 4000 a guest, which is nuts for the most elaborate location. Very staged. No way. That man is spending probably 5K at most for his "at home" wedding. He's either playing Julianna or just trying to play us that he that rich. Don't buy it for a second.

3. The post-nup for Julianna. I think Michael is starting to understand that he is getting played. Julianna is starting to understand that Michael is on to her. It's interesting. He's weird and she's taken a few sexy pics. They are both fakers.

• Love 20

Recklessly spending up to $100,000 for a fairy tale princess wedding for Juliana is a waste of money and really seems to be poor optics. Does he have ponies coming in? Or a helicopter ride or something over the top and wasteful? If I was Juliana, I would see all his spending on me as part of an unending gravy train. He needs to stop impressing her and set some real limits and boundaries. The wedding day is just that - a day. The focus should be on the marriage or the partnership or the ownership.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
22 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Recklessly spending up to $100,000 for a fairy tale princess wedding for Juliana is a waste of money and really seems to be poor optics. Does he have ponies coming in? Or a helicopter ride or something over the top and wasteful? If I was Juliana, I would see all his spending on me as part of an unending gravy train. He needs to stop impressing her and set some real limits and boundaries. The wedding day is just that - a day. The focus should be on the marriage or the partnership or the ownership.

I imagine it's going to be hard for him.  She is beautiful and I'm positive he told her he was "yacht party/Greenwich" rich and not "two bedroom apartment on the outskirts and everything is leased" rich. 

Reminds me of Jorge (though Michael has more money than him).  

Anyways, just like Jorge with anfisa....at some point she is going to realize this has been a bait and switch.  

However, anfisa wasn't in an area as moneyed as Greenwich.  And women in the orange county area are often kinda young, kinda skinny and have big knockers.  Anfisa was a minnow in an ocean full of sharks.

Contrast to young, beautiful Julianna in Greenwich.  There may be a lot of really fit yoga mom's, but also a lot of really, really, really rich men looking for their future second or third generation trophy wife.  

Can't blame her.  He isn't keeping up his end of the deal, which included a lifestyle free of monetary constraints.  

It's part of the reason I won't be surprised if she gets pregnant quickly.  He, for sure doesn't want her out there is Greenwich in her right jeans and little dresses and perfect hair and makeup. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Money-rich is one thing - rich in your heart, another. It is very likely that Juliana will just move on to greener pastures within a year or two. Beauty is only skin deep and doesn't last.

She’s may not be so lucky getting another sucker. After all she’s playing her game on TV, I’m sure some of those in Greenwich watch. 
She’d  be smarter to take the alleged 100k and pocket it. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Spike said:

It may be the producers messing with Winedouche with lighting and camera angles but he is looking more haggard every week.  If he looks this bad at 42 we can only imagine 55.

He was sweating and all red when they were at the lawyers office.  He didn’t like what the lawyer was telling Julianna.

• Love 20

I've been of the opinion that Anna and Mursel have been making up a fake story about him not telling his family about her kids, and came to that conclusion when the couples were announced and they were obviously dull except for that little tidbit and his desire for her not to drink.

After the short clip I just watched, I have now changed my opinion to it being true.  I also noticed, again, how much Turkish Anna speaks. It's not a lot but from the airport on, she has said things in Turkish and his English doesn't seem quite as limited as we are lead to believe.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

I'm really hating Mike right now. I haven't seen it all yet, but what I've seen of the prenup talks, it looks like he will not be abandoning his vast excess of power. I think Juliana is a naïf and she stands to get rolled over if he tires of her.

Robert's a jerk for taking Anny apartment shopping when he has no means to change the status quo. He didn't even tell her in advance!

Our Ukrainian girl needs to bail out ASAP from Mr. Space Alien. Her faith is too important to her, and having such vast differences in worldview  never bodes well in a relationship. She knows this; now she just needs to act on it. I'm certainly surprised if this issue has not been discussed before.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 21

Natalie and her Mother talking babies at the table like Michael is out to stud. She just HAS to get pregnant this minute.  Wait until she finds out he’s in a lot of debt with his farm and lively hood.  He could barely get up the plane fare when she summoned him to come to Ukraine.  Interesting.  She’s a real firecracker.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Morsel is a dickwit who can just take his lying ass home to Turkey. 

One is more stupid than the other.  Dickwit expects her to leave her three sons to go to Turkey.  He’s afraid of mommy & daddy.  WTF?  You can’t make this shit up.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Robert and Anny are using the exact same script as Colt and Larissa because Sharp needs new writers. They were sent to an expensive apartment by Sharp and it was more than Colt made a month and Larissa said that they never had any intention of renting that apartment or buying that car because Colt could not afford it (he's constantly called a gaslighter over it, even though Sharp set it all up on their own and Larissa said she was told to act the way she did). There is no way Robert could afford this apartment, if we are to believe his only income is from Uber/Lyft. Larissa claimed Colt told her they could move, like Anny is saying Robert told her, but Larissa later admitted that Colt told her they couldn't move until the lease was up and Larissa feigned ignorance about what a lease was, just like Anny. Leases are not a US phenomenon and they are both grown ass women. 

Until Leida was so openly and unapologetically hostile to Eric's kids, Larissa was to be the villain of the season. I think Anny is supposed to be this season's villain. The two of them argue nonstop about everything, except when Bryson is in the room, because they both like him and know it isn't right. Unlike Larissa, I don't think she is nasty to the core; I think she is acting for camera time and a chance at Happily Ever After and they are both in on it. We hear him tell her, "I am not buying you an iPhone10!" and her say, "He promised to buy me an iPhone10!" They are acting.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

Morsel the dickwit should never have expected Anna to abandon her sons (WTAF??) but come ON Anna! She's the one with the kids and she accepted that her kids were being kept secret. How was that ever going to work? She's not stupid, so what did she imagine was going to happen? 

This week I learned that I DO NOT CARE about Julianna & Michael's storyline when Max & Cece aren't around. 

I want trashcAngela to be hoisted on her own petard. The visa she wants Mykull to get is from one of them shithole countries. Big Ange should have grabbed a guy from Norway. Heh.. as if.

Okay, Natalie is nutty. If she's got so much faith in her invisible sky daddy, she can let him impregnate her instead of AAM (Ancient Aliens Mike).

Oy vey, Mike. Even if he is invested in a goofy theory, it's no goofier than the story SHE insists he believes instead. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Wino!Michael: *explains what a prenuptial agreement is using legal language*
Juliana: "I don't understand."
Wino!Michael: *explains what a prenuptial agreement is using business language*
Juliana: "I don't understand."

forty minutes later

Wino!Michael: "I'm not sure Juliana understands what a prenuptial agreement is."

HOLD THE PHONE. STOP THE PRESSES. It sure would have been nice if they had told us that befor... oh, wait.

Did we really spend all of their scenes in a two hour episode on the definition of a prenush pernum perineum prenup?

• LOL 16
  • Love 6

Wow!  Natasha went from zero to full on bitch in one episode. Between her judgments about his spiritual belief and her insistence on having children before he’s ready - Mike better get out of dodge.. Blond hair, blue eyes and a nice figure will not make up for 5he harridan she becomes when she doesn’t get her way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

Angela and Mykull - Ange, maybe you should take your phone and do a home movie of what life looks like at Casa Angela. The horror movie just waiting to happen. The grandchildren, the mom, the not what Mykull is expecting America to be. You are probably also not allowed to try on wedding dresses without wearing undergarments. Do you want your cart before the horse dress to include pockets in the cleavage/neckline area to stash your stuff? No nice little minaudiere for you? Those white Birkies or knockoffs were classy with the dress. He hasn't gotten his Visa yet.

Emily and Sasha - you are now back home. Sasha doesn't like cereal or American breakfast food, he has basically told your sister to eat better food, he checks out your mother, and he complains. Meanwhile his shirt is a size or two too small and his buttons are popping. You are going to the gym so he doesn't stray and find #4. He should be grateful that he has a place to stay. There is a glut of 'personal trainers' and it probably is not easy to build up a large client list rapidly. He will need a bit of an attitude adjustment.

Robert and Anny - you have made so many promises you never intended to keep and outlandish claims to reel Anny in. If your lease was indeed expiring, you could have seen what the rent month to month cost is and gone for that. Or hang up a curtain or something so you and Bryson have some room and Anny feels more comfortable. She didn't sign up to have to share one bed with you and your son. You don't deliver - you take her clothes shopping but don't tell it will be at thrift shops, you check out a nice, modern, renovated apartment and you can't afford the rent and oh by the way, I renewed my lease so we are stuck at my hovel for another 10 or so months. Unless I was in on any fabrication, I would find a way to go back home.

Anna and Mursel - an almost 40 year old man cannot stand up to his parents and tell them that his fiancé has three kids from a previous marriage. What will happen to him? Can they afford to fly over and do anything to him or drag him home? Will he be left out of the will? They can barely communicate and he is becoming a buzzkill. The bachelorette party was a bit embarrassing - no, I don't want to hear about Mursel's nonvisits to downtown - all that was missing was a bit of Petula Clark. Her friends are right about him - what does she see in him?

Juliana and Michael - well, well. We learn he dropped her for a few months a year or so ago. I don't know if I believe her innocent act about anything to do with reality of a relationship with just about anyone these days. Even middle class people get pre-nups. It is to protect both parties in an age where more than 50% of marriages fail. If you have any property or assets, it is normally a good idea. People can be very ugly and vindictive when splits happen. Does Juliana see herself sitting on the verandah with an increasingly sweaty and wrinkled Michael holding hands when he gets old and she gets to middle age? Playing the sweet little innocent girl is just that.  And getting angry and sobby when you are not getting your own way.  You are no victim in this.  The sugardaddy's bag is only so big and fits so much sugar. The yacht girls/models know the rich men would not just give them open access to their wallets and properties. Rich, yes; think with the head that is not between the ears, yes. They make an agreement to fulfill their needs. The achievement of hooking a young hottie who loves you for who you are. Suuuuuure. Yes, make it a goal to have some independence and rely on your own income.  Talk to your husband about your future career plans and if he will support you. If not, leave. Maybe talk to some of your model friends or call the mediator to ask about recommendations for your own lawyer to look at any pre-nup to ensure your interests are being looked after and that there is fairness.

A bit shady to not even mention to Michael what you made modelling and your side job on the yacht. It's probably all cash so she wouldn't declare it as income. He is probably not trying to be sleazy with the pre-nup and how he is talking about it, but this discussion should have occurred when he was trying to bring her to America from Brazil - those nice, beach sunsets at Ipanema should have also included what the reality will be. There should have been limits on what he was willing to pay for - the car, clothing, etc.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

Side note here, I've been having a few issues with the popup ad across the bottom, too. Some of my issues go away when I turn the adblocker on, but it doesn't seem limited to one single ad or anything. I went to the forum for Bugs and it looks like a few people have reported the same thing and they may be looking into it. 

I don't have any problem with ads on sites I use a lot, like this one, but when you cannot post, see the texts, or things slow way down because of them, it doesn't leave a lot of options. They are aware of it and it looks like they are trying to figure out the best ad/annoyance ratio.

• Love 10

I forgot about Mike and Natalie. The religion thing that is so important to her is a major red flag. He does not share her faith and is not likely to convert any time soon. He may respect it, but that is it. He has his own beliefs. Natalie either accepts it or looks for another donor. Her driving was a bit scary. Surely there are much nicer churches than the one she took him to. Mike does not want a baby right this minute and she should respect that. If she wants one that much, find a donor or have a one night stand with some poor schmuck. Problem solved.

2 minutes ago, Christina said:

Side note here, I've been having a few issues with the popup ad across the bottom, too. Some of my issues go away when I turn the adblocker on, but it doesn't seem limited to one single ad or anything. I went to the forum for Bugs and it looks like a few people have reported the same thing and they may be looking into it. 

I don't have any problem with ads on sites I use a lot, like this one, but when you cannot post, see the texts, or things slow way down because of them, it doesn't leave a lot of options. They are aware of it and it looks like they are trying to figure out the best ad/annoyance ratio.

I used to get notifications of new postings but now I have to refresh all the time.

• Love 4

In my rant about the completely uninspired Robert/Anny storyline, I forgot to bitch again about Bryson sharing a bed with a stranger. I don't care if she is a woman and not a man, it is considered inappropriate for a reason. He needs his own bed.

It sounds like Robert and Bryson have always shared the bed, and someone mentioned that if Robert put him in his own bed right when she arrived it may make Bryson feel replaced or being shoved aside, and there is probably some truth to that, too. So, they have been there for a bit now and it's time to make a fun trip to the store to find a bed and new bedding and turn it into a good thing. He may have to start off falling asleep in daddy's bed and being moved to his own where he will wake up and their bedroom might get crowded, but come on Robert.

Also, if he did recently sign a new lease, and I don't believe anything with this show in general and his story in particular, he can likely move into another apartment in the complex. It's not that dramatic. It does make me wonder if he has any evictions in his past that will effect them, but if there is a two bedroom available in his current complex, he should be able to transfer for less than paying to get out of the lease. Fake fake fake fake fake storyline.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

This week I learned that I DO NOT CARE about Julianna & Michael's storyline when Max & Cece aren't around. 

Every time they ARE around, I start thinking about the theme song 🎶 from The Nanny and it becomes an ear worm. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Christina said:

I use DuckDuckGo or Brave as a browser and I don’t get any ads. Give it a try.

Wrt Natalie and Mike, if she can’t convert him to her religion, I think she can find a Russian Orthodox turkey baster.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4