Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Chapter Seven - The Reckoning

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

I wanted Mando to pick him up right after he plopped down, and say Good job buddy, but they all just stood around staring at him. lol

If Mando had allowed Baby Yoda to heal him in episode 2, it probably wouldn't have been such a shocker:)

• Love 2

I watched it again and the scene right before he Force Chokes Cara, he looks absolutely terrified. His eyes get big as saucers and it's like he's in tears. It was very interesting. 

I think the montage of the droid is supposed to be a metaphor for Baby Yoda. It's going to be all about how he's raised. With Baby Yoda being so strong in The Force, he has to get guidance from someone who is also strong in the Force, or at the very least know what it is. He can't stay with Mando, and that breaks my bitter heart. 

Wow, Mando was losing his shit when he couldn't get a hold of Kuiil. Poor Kuiil. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

I hope Kuiil’s droid turns out to be Chekhov’s droid!

In the middle of a bunch of storm troopers... "I will initiate self-destruct." Although I don't really want him to die, so maybe he can just reach deep down into his neural harness and find his inner fighter again.

23 hours ago, Sugarbeetle said:

What I want to know is, is the Razor Crest the Tardis? In the first episode and even the last episode, it seemed awfully cramped. Now it can fit two more organic life forms, a droid, and THREE blurgs? 

Klingon bird of prey can handle sea world aquarium.... Maybe they removed carbonite freezing equipment before leaving.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Sugarbeetle said:

I watched it again and the scene right before he Force Chokes Cara, he looks absolutely terrified. His eyes get big as saucers and it's like he's in tears. It was very interesting. 

I think the montage of the droid is supposed to be a metaphor for Baby Yoda. It's going to be all about how he's raised. With Baby Yoda being so strong in The Force, he has to get guidance from someone who is also strong in the Force, or at the very least know what it is. He can't stay with Mando, and that breaks my bitter heart. 

Wow, Mando was losing his shit when he couldn't get a hold of Kuiil. Poor Kuiil. 

It breaks my heart too.  I don't want them to go their separate ways, and yet I know that the long-term well being of the Baby (and his powers) has to be taken into consideration, and Mando probably can't be his Daddy forever.

I don't know when or how it will happen, but, at some point, Mando and Baby Yoda will probably tearfully part ways (tearfully for me, that is! lol).  Mando won't voluntarily, willingly leave him with someone unless he is certain that he is safe, protected and happy, or unless he truly feels it is in the Baby's best interest.

I think that Baby Yoda is the heart of the series, though -- not only has he captured the love and adoration of viewers everywhere, but Mando has become very protective of him and is getting more fatherly over time (worrying about the Baby sleeping better, etc.).  Jon Favreau and everyone else involved in the show have to be 100% certain that it's the right time for Mando to let the Baby go for the purposes of a better story, because, right now, the Baby is too important to the series (and to me!).

Edited by TVFan17
typo!
  • Love 10
On 12/20/2019 at 12:10 AM, Sugarbeetle said:

Yeah, I’ve seen some people wonder why Baby Yoda didn’t go after Cara the first time he saw her fighting Mando. And I think the answer is because at that point he hadn’t been around Mando very long, now he has, and he’s learning from Mr. “Immediately Go For Your Flamethrower.”

I think Mando will figure out that either he will have to leave Baby Yoda with someone else, or he’s going to have to change his ways so he’s a good influence.

I don’t think they are going to permanently defeat Gus Fring in the next ep. I think he’ll be a big bad in season two as well. With him coming after Baby Yoda, it will be hard to leave him with someone else and ask them to take on that danger. So Mando will need help for a while. That’s why I hope IG-11 lives. I’ve been saying a droid babysitter would be ideal. And it would be growth for Mando to trust a droid enough to help with Baby Yoda. Then he’ll be appalled to realize the droid is a better influence on the kid than he is.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kostgard said:

So Mando will need help for a while. That’s why I hope IG-11 lives. I’ve been saying a droid babysitter would be ideal. And it would be growth for Mando to trust a droid enough to help with Baby Yoda. Then he’ll be appalled to realize the droid is a better influence on the kid than he is.

Of all the would-be fathers who came and went over the years... this thing, this machine... was the only one who measured up. In an insane world... it was the sanest choice. 

• Love 10
On 12/18/2019 at 2:02 PM, paigow said:

If Baby Yoda never meets an adult of his species in the next few years, will he speak normally? That is, just like everyone he has encountered recently.

The exact same thought occurred to me.

Sad I might be if normal he speaks.

• Love 1
On 12/18/2019 at 3:40 PM, tennisgurl said:

There is a very good chance that I could walk out of Rise of Skywalker this weekend and be like "Well that was pretty good, but it was no Mandalorian."

I hadn't watched this episode yet when I saw ROS Friday night. As the credits rolled, I thought, "Well, good thing I have an episode of Mandalorian to watch."

• Love 2
On 12/22/2019 at 10:35 AM, NeenerNeener said:

Someone at my local grocery store is a Mandalorian fan.

I have no idea why this is so washed-out; it looks normal outside of this box.

image.png

2019-12-22_1339.png

You just use an angel cookie cutter and remove the angel's head:)  But then you can use that to make his toy ball......….LOL!!!!

• Love 1

If "nothing on this planet can breach those doors" maybe Mando shoulda engaged those ground security protocols back in the second episode and then the Jawas would never have managed to stripped his ship down. (That said, at least this episode there was a little more justification for why Mando tends to park so damn far away from his final destination.)

• Love 2

I watched this episode again, and it's just as stressful as it was the first time.  The wait for Friday's season finale is a lot to take!

I would imagine there will be another cliffhanger in the finale, but I hope that someone from Mando's team can get to the baby, and that we don't have to wait at least 11 months for the baby to be rescued.  There are so many ways this next episode could go, but if the episode ends with the baby scared and in peril, or separated from Mando's crew, it will be upsetting.

IG-11 being programmed to protect has to come into play.  There was no reason to make sure we knew that fact unless it is going to factor in somewhere - now or next season.  He hasn't protected anything yet, so it's time to get to it.

So I wonder if Mando, Greef and Cara will all escape Gideon/Gus Fring and go back to IG-11 to get him to help rescue Baby Yoda (after they see Kuiil on the ground), OR will one or more of them be captured and the others will have to save him or her (and Baby Yoda) with IG-11's help?  Are they going to get all the way back to the ship before they realize the baby was taken, or will they see someone bring the baby to Gideon?

I do enjoy that we saw several sides -- and facial expressions -- of Baby Yoda in this episode.  We saw Mischievous Baby (eavesdropping & trying to fly the ship); we saw Possessed Force-Using Baby (choking Cara); we saw Sleepy Baby; we saw Worried Baby (as he looked over Kuiil's shoulder at Mando and the others walking off into certain danger); we saw Scared Baby (when Mando picked him up and yelled to get him to stop choking Cara); we saw Friendly Baby (with his little arm outstretched towards Kuiil as Kuiil was talking), and we saw Kindhearted Force-Using Baby (as he intently focused on healing Greef)!

• Love 9

(No spoilers...)

I saw someone mention that in the official Trailer #2 for The Mandalorian, there is a hint of some of what happens in Episode 8 (which premieres tomorrow).   I hadn't watched that trailer in a couple of months, so I forgot what was in it as compared to what has already been shown.

I went back and watched Trailer #2 again, and that person was right -- there is at least one super-quick, blink-and-you'll-miss-it snippet of a scene in the upcoming Chapter/Episode 8.  It's not indicative of what happens in the entire 8th episode, of course, but it's just revealing one tiny part of a significant scene. 

There may have been other quick snippets of Ep. 8 shown too, but I thought those were from previous episodes.  I could be wrong.  There was only one snippet that jumped out at me right away as being something we have not seen in any of the previous 7 episodes.

On 12/20/2019 at 8:39 AM, JTMacc99 said:

Hair standing up on the back of my neck is an outstanding way to end the penultimate episode of a season. I’m with everyone else, he better get that baby back. 

Don't worry. Baby Yoda has the best plot armor of all: the Disney merchandising team and a bajillion pre-orders for everything that is dropping in May.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

When Kuiil was talking to Mando about how he didn't think the Baby had been cloned (or whatever term he used for it), and said he was "too ugly," I assumed that, in that particular world, some of the creatures and various species possibly don't have the same ideas about what's adorable and what's not.  He seemed to recognize that Cara could pass for a clone, but Baby Yoda was "ugly."

That scene vaguely reminded me of the "Eye of the Beholder" episode of the fantastic original Twilight Zone series, with the (conventionally) beautiful woman who is essentially convinced that she is deformed and hideous -- by a medical staff that is revealed to actually have deformed features.  The staff doesn't see her as the beautiful woman she is, because they are accustomed to people/creatures who look exactly like them!  What they see as beautiful is different from what others might see as beautiful.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I'm so, so sad that Kuiil and his blurgg are dead. And that the precious Little One has been snatched, although I have complete faith Daddy Mando will get him back. But Kuiil was such a great character--so stolid and hard-working and full of integrity. Please tell me this was a fake-out, he's not actually dead, show. I'll forgive you for the fake-out. I just hate it when good people get caught up in fights not theirs and get killed anyway.

Loved the IG-99 (???) training montage and I feel sure he (why are so many droids coded as masculine? L3-37 from Solo is the only one I can think of who's coded as feminine--BOY, was that a mistake, killing her off, what a fantastic character) will come into play in the finale, to possibly protect the Baby.

I absolutely love the Gina Carano character. LOVE her. She may not be the most accomplished actor but she's perfect for this character. LOVE her.

Of all the people I might've expected to see come striding out of that retro-fitted TIE fighter, Big Brother All-Might-Tee was not one of them.

Edited by CeeBeeGee
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, CeeBeeGee said:

Loved the IG-99 (???) training montage and I feel sure he (why are so many droids coded as masculine? L3-37 from Solo is the only one I can think of who's coded as feminine--BOY, was that a mistake, killing her off, what a fantastic character) will come into play in the finale, to possibly protect the Baby.

I am re-watching the prequels (ugh).  In "The Phantom Menace," the first C-3PO type droid that speaks has a female voice.

Edited by FierceCritter
  • Love 1

Does anyone have an idea of how much time was supposed to have passed between Chapter 4 and Chapter 7?  Chapter 2 (with Kuiil) led right into Chapter 3 (where Greef was shot and Mando took the baby back), and Chapter 4 (where Cara was introduced) seemed to be taking place soon after the events of Chapter 3. 

But when we get to Chapter 7, Kuiil, Greef and Cara each seem to imply (in different ways) that a bit of time has passed since they last saw Mando and the baby.

How long has it been (in Mando time!) between #4 and #7??  A few weeks?  A month?  A few months?  In Chapter 4, I know that Mando's initial plan upon landing on Sorgan was to stay there for a couple of months.  But between all of the battle scenes, the raiders, the AT-ST, the assorted farmers and meeting Omera and Winta, I have no sense of how long Mando and Baby Yoda were actually there.  It seemed as though they had to leave earlier than expected when Mando realized that the baby was still being hunted.

So the confusion over how long Mando and the baby were actually on Sorgan in #4 is throwing off my sense of how much time elapsed between that episode and when Mando returned to Sorgan to get Cara in Chapter 7.

• Love 1

Reunions ahoy!

Force Choke is a bit… Dark Side-y. Against that, L'il Buddy can Heal, which is definitely Light Side. So I'm guessing he's just got a huge Force Potential (presumably why the Empire wants him), it's just unaligned for now. Still, I’m amazed I'm amazed Mando let Greef hold him.

Love me some snarky Mando:

“You trust the contact”

“Not particularly!”

On 12/18/2019 at 9:40 AM, thuganomics85 said:

I do think IG-11 will end up playing a big part in them getting out of this cliffhanger, since Mando was so distrusting of him throughout this episode, and it will end up showing him that not all androids are the worst.

I agree. Hopefully, IG-11 won't have to die this time. Hell, maybe Kuill will turn out to be only mostly dead and help him out.

On 12/18/2019 at 4:53 PM, AnimeMania said:

It would be funny if the baby carriage was pimped out with all the weapons

I was totally expecting that to happen (a la Desperado). Hell, maybe our "hero" stashed a few grenades in there that will help him fight his way out of the trap.

I'm so sad and disappointed they killed off Kuill.  He was one of the best characters and I liked his calmness.  I liked the new A team that Mando had put together, baby Yoda choker included.  

How many times can Mando fall for a trap?  It was pretty obvious why Baby Yoda took the controls of the ship.  It was a nice surprise when that guild guy was thankful for the healing and switched sides.  

I hope that reprogrammed droid sticks around.  He can probably shoot stormtroopers as well as he can serve tea.

• Love 2