Type keyword(s) to search

Central City Citizen: The New Media Thread

Trisha
  • Start Topic

Seems like the CW brass is actually putting some action to back up their statements about doing better because publicist Suzanne Gomez pushed back on a belligerent fan on Twitter: 

Edited by adora721
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/7/2020 at 1:49 PM, adora721 said:

Seems like the CW brass is actually putting some action to back up their statements about doing better because publicist Suzanne Gomez pushed back on a belligerent fan on Twitter: 

I saw this and cheered so hard.  Finally!  It's upsetting that people saw this kind of stuff before but the standard line was to just ignore it. What horrible leadership at WB, CW and the show to just let these people do this for so long.

If you look on reddit's flash sub, you'll see the whole forum is literally crawling with racist misogynists who aren't used to being challenged - all of them harping on CP and Iris every chance they get - from blaming her for Hartley's firing to bitching and moaning about the promo poster she's on.

It's clear to me that all the years the show just ignored the racism and hatred just emboldened and validated these people and they're acting out now in response - so much so that they don't even see their own racism and misogyny - because it was normalized and sanctioned through silence.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, phoenics said:

I saw this and cheered so hard.  Finally!  It's upsetting that people saw this kind of stuff before but the standard line was to just ignore it. What horrible leadership at WB, CW and the show to just let these people do this for so long.

They were afraid to scare away those fans, even if they were toxic. 

Seems someone more professional might be running the CW_Flash Twitter account now, too. They cosigned Azie's tweet and claimed to love Iris. Let's see if the account is more balanced and fair from now on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, adora721 said:

Seems someone more professional might be running the CW_Flash Twitter account now, too. They cosigned Azie's tweet and claimed to love Iris. Let's see if the account is more balanced and fair from now on.

The responses to the Flash show account's tweet are hilarious though - the "Thank you Intern!" made me laugh so hard because it's probably not an intern, lol.

• Love 1

On 8/9/2020 at 7:15 AM, adora721 said:

They pander to them in the writing too and look where it got them 🙄 The problem with the CW shows is that they try to appease multiple groups simultaneously and the storytelling suffers because of it.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

These new posters are great! I assume Frost and Cisco (but he's not Vibe anymore, so ... not sure) will get one also; and maybe Reverse Flash?

During last night's Stargirl, CW aired a promo for 'DC FanDome First Look'; it's airing August 18 at 8:30pm. Not sure what the content will be since they'll be saving everything for Aug. 22; but I'm guessing it'll be summaries of the CW/DC shows' last seasons, and maybe short clips of the actors?

Edited by Trini

TV Panels at DCFandome

The Flash panel description says there will be a trailer.  Candice will also be on another panel, and Eric will also be part of another (different) panel.

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 1

Panel descriptions:

The Flash
WatchVerse – Monarch

Executive producer Eric Wallace joins cast members Grant Gustin, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Jesse L. Martin, Danielle Nicolet, Kayla Compton and Brandon McKnight to discuss all things Flash with Entertainment Weekly’s Chancellor Agard. Team Flash will break down both parts of season six and look ahead at what is to come with an exclusive trailer for season seven. Fans will also get a look at the exclusive black-and-white noir episode “Kiss Kiss Breach Breach” (40 min)

Jesse is listed now; but Tom C. still isn't.

BAWSE Females of Color Within the DC Universe
Hall of Heroes

What’s a BAWSE? Find out here as some of the hottest actresses across DC television and film sit down with celebrity DJ D-Nice and Grammy-winning singer/actress Estelle to discuss how they use their confidence and vulnerability to navigate their careers in Hollywood. Panelists include Meagan Good (SHAZAM!), Javicia Leslie (Batwoman), Candice Patton (The Flash), Tala Ashe (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow), Nafessa Williams and Chantal Thuy (Black Lightning), and Anna Diop and Damaris Lewis (Titans). Catch the entire full-length conversation at McDuffie’s Dakota in the DC WatchVerse. (20 min)

(Why not 'women' instead of 'females'?)

Truth, Justice, and the DC Comics Way

Who would have thought the “injustices of the world” first read in comic books and then acted out in some of the most popular films and television series would intersect with today’s real-life civil, social and political unrest? David Harewood and Nicole Maines (Supergirl), Marvin “Krondon” Jones III (Black Lightning), Anna Diop (Titans) and The Flash showrunner Eric Wallace discuss how the genesis of comic books has always been rooted in the search of truth and justice. (45 min)

There's also a Multiverse panel with Greg Berlanti; and a panel for The Flash film with Ezra Miller, so tiny chance he might mention the TV show. There's also a feature about the behind-the-scenes of the COIE crossover.

Edited by Trini
On 8/12/2020 at 2:08 AM, Trini said:

During last night's Stargirl, CW aired a promo for 'DC FanDome First Look'; it's airing August 18 at 8:30pm. Not sure what the content will be since they'll be saving everything for Aug. 22; but I'm guessing it'll be summaries of the CW/DC shows' last seasons, and maybe short clips of the actors?

-- Well - this isn't on the CW schedule anymore. I guess they're sticking with online-only marketing for FanDome.

FYI - The Flash panel for FanDome on the 22nd has been shortened to 15 minutes; the full panel will be available on September 12 with the other DCTV panels.

I just wonder which 15 minutes or which subjects they'll choose to focus on....

1 hour ago, Trini said:

The episode was full of (Mirror)WestAllen scenes, so I'm not upset about this one being cut. But the show has a history of cutting scenes that are actually important; so I hope they do better in the future.

And just as you said this, we get the deleted Joe and Iris scene. A scene that shouldn't have been cut as it has Iris express how she felt about losing Barry.

I'm tired of this. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

And just as you said this, we get the deleted Joe and Iris scene. A scene that shouldn't have been cut as it has Iris express how she felt about losing Barry.

Yeah, I just saw. ::HARSH SIGH::

It's so stupid. Iris is the closest person to Barry, why would you not keep this scene?? Especially when it connects to the overall theme of 6A, Crisis, and connects to the start of 6B. WestAllen, Barry's family, has always been the heart of the show, marketing departments know it sells;  I wish I knew exactly who keeps making these editing decisions.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Starry said:

That scene should have never been cut and I am disappointed that Joe didn't do much to comfort Iris but I consider it canon that Barry leaves Iris surprise love letters.

Agreed about Joe's cold "comfort".  His words, "I need you..." seem selfish. Like, it's not about you Joe. For once, couldn't he let her pain just be about her pain?!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Trini said:

Some live-tweeting of the Flash panel at Fandome:

(thread of tweets)

Eric is such a liar. Iris was not the focus on either A or B part of the season. It seems to have focused more on everyone else except Iris and Joe. It is really telling that Iris was one of the less focus on character in S6 but the fandom thinks the show has become "Iris and Team flash" while Eric actually claimed Iris was the focus of the second half. 

No wonder Iris gets the less consideration, the fandom reflect the writers room and the writers room reflect the fandom. I'm tired of this. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Trini said:

As an aside, it's annoying that only the women put some effort into looking good for these things. Step up your game, fellas!

The virtual setting gave them even less of an incentive to step up their game 🤣

14 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

Eric is such a liar. Iris was not the focus on either A or B part of the season.

I didn't care about anything Eric had to say. Fandom needs to realize that just because Iris was pivotal to the overarching plot of the second half that doesn't mean that she was the focus. She got replaced by a clone one episode into her "big" storyline 🙄

24 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

No wonder Iris gets the less consideration, the fandom reflect the writers room and the writers room reflect the fandom. I'm tired of this. 

Because Iris doesn't fit into their idea of what a main character in a superhero story should be like. She has no powers and is not a tech wiz. I wish the writers didn't think like those fans. This kind of narrow mentality is ruining the show IMO.

I didn't really like how the panel was edited. I hope the full version looks better.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, SevenStars said:

Eric is such a liar. Iris was not the focus on either A or B part of the season. It seems to have focused more on everyone else except Iris and Joe. It is really telling that Iris was one of the less focus on character in S6 but the fandom thinks the show has become "Iris and Team flash" while Eric actually claimed Iris was the focus of the second half. 

I think Eric is confusing Candice being a focus with Iris being the focus. Candice got focus, but Iris did not, especially in 6A. Iris was ignored, except for 1 episode, by her husband, so-called "friends" on Team Flash, and by her own father. Eric's tenure has been disappointing so far.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, adora721 said:

I think Eric is confusing Candice being a focus with Iris being the focus. Candice got focus, but Iris did not, especially in 6A. Iris was ignored, except for 1 episode, by her husband, so-called "friends" on Team Flash, and by her own father. Eric's tenure has been disappointing so far.

It's the same thing with the fandom. Because it seems like Candice gets a lot of attention, sometimes more than GG, they confused that with Iris getting attention on the show. 

• Love 2
On 8/23/2020 at 7:27 PM, Avabelle said:

When do they start filming season 7?

I don't think there's been an official announcement (?), but according to this article from hollywoodnorth (yvrshoots) :

Target start date for filming: September 22nd (via Production Weekly).

Edited by RedVitC

In related news, the new trailer for Zach Snyder's Justice League includes clips of Kiersey Clemons's Iris West. As you all know, her scenes were cut from Whedon's movie for... reasons... 🙄 The important thing is that we're getting back Black Iris in the movieverse.

Edited by ursula
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Trini said:

New CW DCTV promo that starts out celebrating the characters of the now called "CW-verse" then ends up promoting Superman & Lois:

Someone tell the CW that "CW-Verse" is so fetch.... as in, not gonna happen!

• LOL 1

VFX breakdown of the "Grodd Friended Me" episode (breakdown starts at 3:05):

From VFX supervisor Armen Kevorkian: "The Flash brought back our favorite villain to the screen again, Grodd. We carefully storyboarded the sequences to help with shooting the plates and making sure we got the most dynamic fight scene between Grodd and Solivar."