Type keyword(s) to search

Central City Citizen: The New Media Thread

Trisha
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So....going back to at LEAST one cast member leaving. It's still between Carlos and Jesse for me. 

Would they really have another, "Barry loses his father figure" plot? And if they do, they'll make it about Barry instead of Iris or Wally. JLM is hardly there as it is, and he has the most gravitas of anyone in the cast, including Tom C.  Paying JLM for a few Joe sightings has to be worth more than losing what he brings to the series. 

• Love 1

They could be announcing early because of the writer's strike, to get scripts completed and in production before that happens. It could also be happening in the context of some cast negotiations for beyond S7 (or not). 

I'm not that surprised, she's a meta and on Team Citizen. I guess that's confirmation the latter will stick around and I guess it's a case of when not if for ND. 

And yeah it does seem like someone could be leaving. Or if not a lot of people on 13 episode type contracts. 

Giving Kayla a series regular contract makes sense. Allegra already gets tons of screen time for a guest star and if they want Team Citizen to be taken seriously they can't risk the actress being offered a series regular role somewhere else.

Even if no-one leaves the show has moved away from the "every regular needs to be in every episode and at STAR Labs 90% of the time" old formula. With DP having a baby and Carlos constantly booking gigs I predict they will miss episodes in season 7 too ( provided they don't leave ). Tom posting this on his Instagram page also makes me wonder. It may be a long shot but maybe they are done with Wells and Tom will only stay as Reverse Flash who is a character that can appear more sporadically, especially when Wallace seems committed to breaking down the season into two halves with two different villains.

In short, I think actors being upped to series regulars doesn't necessarily mean that someone is leaving but it could potentially mean that some actors will be in less episodes than usual. It's something that we are already seeing with Jesse being barely there and Carlos and Hartley missing for multiple episodes in a row. It's more about rotating storylines than replacing someone IMO. I will say the same thing if Victoria Park and Natalie Dreyfuss get upped to series regulars too. 

With that being said, I still think Chester is a Cisco replacement. He's the only character that has no ties to the show besides being able to do what Cisco does. And there's also the fact that they may be securing less expensive replacements in case some of the actors won't renew their contracts.

• Love 1

I agree, that Wallace is changing up the format a bit, so more regulars may not mean that anyone is leaving.

3 hours ago, Starry said:

With that being said, I still think Chester is a Cisco replacement. He's the only character that has no ties to the show besides being able to do what Cisco does. And there's also the fact that they may be securing less expensive replacements in case some of the actors won't renew their contracts.

I don't know if Chester is a replacement, but they wouldn't need the tech engineer role at all if they let Barry be smart, and use Gideon more. I don't want to see Cisco leave, but if he does, a 'replacement' shouldn't be necessary.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Trini said:

I find this a little surprising: 'Kayla Compton Upped To Series Regular For Season 7'

Character description from the article:

It's interesting that they're making these announcements so early.

I don't like the description they gave for Allegra's character. She was introduced as a new member for Team Citizen. She didn't help Barr and Team Flash until episode 8. The description makes it seem like she's Team Flash first and Team Citizen second.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I don't like the description they gave for Allegra's character. She was introduced as a new member for Team Citizen. She didn't help Barr and Team Flash until episode 8. The description makes it seem like she's Team Flash first and Team Citizen second.

I don't think Allegra has helped Team Flash outside of that one episode. She's a Team Citizen character but acting like she's a member of Team Flash first makes her look more important and valuable 🙄 It's all about what one can do for the holy Team Flash.

5 hours ago, Trini said:

I don't know if Chester is a replacement, but they wouldn't need the tech engineer role at all if they let Barry be smart, and use Gideon more. I don't want to see Cisco leave, but if he does, a 'replacement' shouldn't be necessary.

A replacement isn't needed but that's not how they operate. They propped up Chester's smarts in the same episode Barry was working on Gideon alone. They don't want Barry to be great.

But I could be totally wrong. Chester may look like a Cisco replacement but it's possible Wallace just likes the character and is going to give him something that makes him stand out more like a different set of powers or strong ties to one of the season 7 storylines.

• Love 1
(edited)

Does anyone know if any of the CW shows will be affected by the COVID-19 outbreak? Chyler Leigh (Alex on Supergirl) was scheduled to attend Emerald City Comic Con next week in Seattle, but has canceled. Now, the entire convention has been pushed to the summer.

At least one state health department has stated that pregnant women (and other at risk groups) should be particularly cautious and avoid crowds and public settings. I was surprised that "large" meant 10 or more people. DP is pregnant and, now, so is Melissa Benoist. I know the cast and crew amount to more than ten people.

Edited by adora721

The only thing I heard is that they may cancel SDCC. Many events that attract huge crowds have already been canceled or postponed.

In Danielle's case she's already wrapped for season 6 and is giving birth before they start filming season 7. She should be fine.

• Useful 2
(edited)

Oh look, DP tweeted just her part at 8:26 AM, assuming that's Pacific time, before the Flash account tweeted the one with both ladies at 9 AM. I gotta think she got the image from CW marketing since it has the logo and she tweeted just her part a bit earlier. Interesting....

Edited by adora721
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, adora721 said:

Grant's landed a new role in an indie movie: 

Interesting! I think this is the first role he's done since starting on The Flash. Wonder what made him start acting outside the Arrowverse finally!

21 minutes ago, shantown said:

Interesting! I think this is the first role he's done since starting on The Flash. Wonder what made him start acting outside the Arrowverse finally!

Going to Cast in Other Roles...

• Love 1
On 2/20/2020 at 11:54 AM, adora721 said:

I haven't visited the @CW_TheFlash Twitter account in a while, but I'm hearing that the account has been better about supporting Iris; here's the LWG comment that made me realize things had improved:

"Hi ladies! How y'all doing? Did u peep The Flash's acc activity lately? I think Eric or Suzanne finally fired the trash intern who used to handle the acc because the account has been posting Iris regularly and they even rted that article about Iris blackness! I was shocked! Also racists are big mad abt the article. If so many racists are mad it's a signal that Eric is going right. Anyway I hope Eric keep the good work. I can't wait to hear the podcast ❤️"

https://ladieswgumption.tumblr.com/post/190925673454/hi-ladies-how-yall-doing-did-u-peep-the-flashs

I really hope the other person was fired and they have a new person running the account now.  I have noticed a difference.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Trini said:

According to TVLine, 20 of 22 episodes were completed* before production shut down.

*(or mostly completed? Post-production also takes a couple weeks.)

Post production could be done virtually I'd imagine.  So they could still finish that.  So maybe you are right - they could recut the episodes to end on a cliffhanger that gets resolved in a 2 part season premiere.

They would have to since executives dont believe shows will finish up the season

Per multiple TV industry insiders, it now seems almost certain most series already on the air will end their seasons early, anywhere from one to four episodes short of their planned full-season orders. “Realistically, every show that shut production down is done,” one exec told Vulture.

When networks, studios, and streaming platforms last week began announcing they were shutting down production to safeguard the health of casts and crews, they generally described the pauses as “temporary,” suggesting they’d reassess the situation in a few weeks. But now, even if the rosiest scenarios for the course of the pandemic play out — if, say, the CDC suggests in two or three weeks that it might be safe to loosen social-distancing measures — the industry insiders Vulture spoke with believe it won’t matter. While it might be possible to resume filming in early April and still complete an episode or two in time for this broadcast season, it won’t be practical in most cases. “It just doesn’t make a sense to come back in a month for the last episode or two,” one insider told us.

At TV Insider: Victoria Park on Kamilla's Fate, Eva's Plan & Team Citizen (*spoilers* if you haven't seen this week's episode):

... What happened to the real Kamilla "will be revealed in the upcoming episodes," the actress promised. "Kamilla is still somewhere." (All Eva said was that she's no longer a problem.)

Fans can also be rest assured that as the season progresses, they'll get a clearer understanding of the dynamic between Eva and her mirror replicants. We've already seen Mirror Iris mirroring Eva, and "you'll see all kinds of little tics that happen with her replicant, so that'll play out in different ways," Park said of her character's counterpart. "We're also going to explain a little more as well." ...

Article from Deadline about how the shutdown will/might affect certain shows: 'Coronavirus-Related Shutdowns Leave Series Without Finales...'

For many series, including all or almost all CBS, NBC and the CW shows and some ABC and Fox ones, a decision was made right away that this was it for the current seasons, and the remaining 1-2 episodes won’t be filmed this spring. As the COVID-19 outbreak situation remains uncertain and unpredictable, holding onto the crews for weeks in hope to film one more episode is hard to justify financially, and restarting production involves a big expense too.

... There are no firm plans in place for those series’ outstanding episodes. The ideas I have heard being tossed around range from those episodes getting produced as filming starts for next season, to the scripts being incorporated into next season’s stories, to those scripts being discarded. <..> There also is no decision yet whether those leftover episodes would be tucked onto the season orders for next season, supersizing them from 22 to 24 episodes, for instance, or they will be just lost.

... Besides depriving the broadcast networks of much needed event programming, the shorter seasons also are creating scheduling challenges, leaving them with holes to fill. The CW was the first network to make a move to mitigate the impact, replacing an upcoming original of The Flash with a repeat to stagger the remaining Flash episodes. ...

Photo shoot and recent interview with Candice Patton at Flaunt magazine: https://flaunt.com/content/candice-patton

How has the dynamic of the cast of The Flash changed with the more time you all have shared together? Who is your cast bestie, and what do you guys do for fun in Vancouver?

Keiynan and Jesse are the cast members I’m closest with. If I’m not shooting in Vancouver, I spend most of my days off in Los Angeles, where I’m based. We mostly have our fun on set when we can. Lots of laughs and jokes.

• Love 1

Can we get some good news for once?

And with no episodes to promote what would they even need SDCC for?

But in case I am being too pessimistic and they manage to film something before 2021 I am hoping against all hope that they will still be able to do some sort of promo.

10 hours ago, Starry said:

Can we get some good news for once?

And with no episodes to promote what would they even need SDCC for?

But in case I am being too pessimistic and they manage to film something before 2021 I am hoping against all hope that they will still be able to do some sort of promo.

Shows have went to SDCC without new filmed episodes. So that isnt an issue per se. 

But the problem with Flash is that they've yet to wrap up season 6. What's the point of doing a press tour for season 7 when we don't even know how season 6 ends?

And frankly, between them being unable to resume production until late July at the earliest and a second wave hitting us in the fall I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to film a couple episodes only before they have to shut down production again.

But if we manage to get new episodes they'd better step it up when it comes to promo. Flash fans have survived on SDCC promo only for years.

SDCC with fans wont be happening either way, the best you can hope for is a virtual panel. But then you dont have the personal interaction between the cast and it honestly isnt the same. SDCC content  from previous years aint happening. Or any other con event CW/WB loves to use to promote the shows. That means no NYCC either until you get a vaccine. Or even Paley. Upfronts were delayed as well. The problem is also that you have such shows like SPN who will probably take more focus on the promo for the final season that is going to be pushed into the next season. Some of it will also go to the 100. 

I am aware that it's not happening which is why I said they'd better do something to replace the SDCC promo. Obviously it won't be the same but it's either that ( virtual panels, whatever ) or nothing.

But I know that if they even bother doing some promo for any DCTV show at all it'll be for the crossover/leads only.

Depends on the promo they want to go with. Also with how the shows finish up this year. 

I think an issue could also be how long the contract for the actors are valid and if the actors decided to sign up for more. Because this was the moment for the Flash actors to negotiate their contracts. 

7 hours ago, Starry said:

But if we manage to get new episodes they'd better step it up when it comes to promo. Flash fans have survived on SDCC promo only for years.

Yeah it sucks* because for most of the cast SDCC is the only publicity they do for the whole year.  😕

*(obviously not as much as a pandemic)