Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03 : So You Need A Crew?

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

Great take on Maxie Zeuss. I didn't even know they'd cast Will Sasso, but loved the voice work so much that I had to stop the episode and google who it was. Wonderful choice. 

I also like making Clayface more of a pompous Sideshow Bob style character. I wonder how many DC characters Tudyk has played now?

Does Kite Man actually stand a chance with Ivy? I'm sure she wouldn't respect herself afterward, but she does seem to be somewhat interested. We've also heard her second admission of love for Harley, but I'm not yet sure she means it the 90s cartoon way. It may have been meant as a "stop shipping us" schtick. Don't know, don't care... or at least am not pre-emptively invested in which way it goes. Love the characters either way.

Lex Luthor just openly goes on TV as leader of the LoD? I would go nuts trying to figure out how this world works if I weren't so busy enjoying how goofy and fun it is. This show is dodging those questions exactly the same way "Futurama" did: by being too fucking funny to analyze.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 2

This show is awesome. It's delightfully unhinged. I didn't stop laughing for the whole 22 minutes and I nearly died when from the Queen of Fables being trapped in the US Tax Code by the Justice League because they're bitches. This is definitely my kind of nuts. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm trying to remember if there's ever been a Dr. Psycho away from the comics. He's a Wonder Woman villain from the Golden Age, and he's misogynistic as fuck. It's nerfed down here, but not by much.

On 12/13/2019 at 8:06 PM, Lokiberry said:

I nearly died when from the Queen of Fables being trapped in the US Tax Code by the Justice League because they're bitches. This is definitely my kind of nuts. 

That actually happened in JLA. Sadly, she didn't get transformed into a chain-smoking book that sounded like Wanda Sykes.

Great take on Maxie Zeus as well. I know he had a BTAS episode, but I don't think he's been in any other media. Self-help guru that has statues of him with a huge dick seems about right.

• Love 2
On 12/13/2019 at 8:06 PM, Lokiberry said:

I didn't stop laughing for the whole 22 minutes

Same here, and I would like to point out that even the last few lines were laugh out loud funny. (Which was Ivy's reaction to Harley getting a highway renamed after herself.)