Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Triggered in Thailand

• Start Topic

But between her racist comments about Kary, her constant victimazation stories about her childhood, her manipulation of Kameron and her jealousy over Kary and Kameron's friendship, there were virtually nothing redeemable about her this season.

Yeah, I always enjoyed Leanne but she really isn't doing herself any favors this season.

• Love 6

The red light district is a tourist destination in Thailand. It’ not like it’s some back woods part of the city, everyone goes there. That be like calling times square a sketchy part of New York lol. Are their sketchy people there? yes. But that’s just like any tourist spot in America or anywhere else in the world. Sex work isn’t illegal and is regulated like any other business.  I think it’s funny Leanne was trying to paint it as some bad part of town that no one goes to and NOT a world known tourist destination lol 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I likewise find LeAnne very terrifying and have since the beginning. I think she is definitely a Cluster B personality disordered person, but I lean more toward her being untreated BPD (who have narcissistic qualities) rather than NPD. As the adult child of parent with BPD, LeeAnne’s behavior rings all too familiar. And it is very common in people who experience trauma as a child. She’s actually pretty damn textbook:

”Borderline personality disorder symptoms vary from person to person and women are more likely to have this disorder than men. Common symptoms of the disorder include the following:

Having an unstable or dysfunctional self-image or a distorted sense of self (how one feels about one’s self)

Feelings of isolation, boredom and emptiness

Difficulty feeling empathy for others

A history of unstable relationships that can change drastically from intense love and idealization to intense hate

A persistent fear of abandonment and rejection, including extreme emotional reactions to real and even perceived abandonment

Intense, highly changeable moods that can last for several days or for just a few hours

Strong feelings of anxiety, worry and depression

Impulsive, risky, self-destructive and dangerous behaviors, including reckless driving, drug or alcohol abuse and having unsafe sex

Hostility

Unstable career plans, goals and aspirations“

https://www.psycom.net/depression.central.borderline.html

Thanks for posting this - I’ve wondered about BPD but have no experience with it. I recognize the rage, manipulation, lack of empathy and drama queen self-pity from dealing with a couple of people with NPD - but, you’re right, there’s a lot going on with her.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Lordy, I was disappointed any of the ladies went to any of those shows, especially Kam. I think it’s disgusting behavior and I don’t understand why anyone wants to subject themselves to shows like the two the ladies viewed that night, in a sketchy part of town.  No thanks.

I think Leeanne is too toxic to remain on this show.  I do hope that Kary also gets the boot.

Agree. I wouldn't go anywhere near those places. I felt unclean just watches the episode and they didn't even show anything. Hearing about it was bad enough. 

• Love 6

The red light district is a tourist destination in Thailand. It’ not like it’s some back woods part of the city, everyone goes there. That be like calling times square a sketchy part of New York lol. Are their sketchy people there? yes. But that’s just like any tourist spot in America or anywhere else in the world. Sex work isn’t illegal and is regulated like any other business.  

Much like it's counterpart in Amsterdam.

• Love 2
On 12/11/2019 at 8:39 PM, Dance4Life said:

LeAnne is a 50+ year old woman....who has never held a real job.

She just married 2 weeks ago.

Sorry, that screams sex worker in her past. This is why she is freaking out. 

13 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

It does make me wonder how she has supported herself her whole life. 

She was a model for many years who also dabbled in acting. If you go to her IMDB page, she has a good number of credits. Most are from 2000 on, but in season 1, we saw some of her modeling photos from the '80s and '90s. Remember that she met Tiffany at a photo shoot back in those days. I think it was mostly catalogue work, but still, she seems to have held legitimate modeling and acting jobs most of her life. 

Per IMDB, she also produced two reality shows pre-Housewives. No surprise then, that she's been so good at figuring out what the RHOD producers have wanted in past seasons. She became the star of the show by using her past as a "carny kid" and her anger issues to carry a lot of the storylines. But because she became a quieter, gentler LeeAnne in season three (at least, storyline-wise) she knows she can't really lash out this season, especially when she's supposed to be playing the happy newlywed.

So instead she's tried crying a lot, pivoting into victim mode to see if that works. But the other women can see that it's calculated and have either stopped reacting to her or have actually called her out on how fake they think it is. That's why she's freaking out if you ask me. She thought she'd easily be the star again this season with her wedding and her D'Andra feud but she realized, by the Thailand trip, that it wasn't really working. So she became frustrated that the focus wasn't on her and decided to take her frustrations out in the worst way possible, through her terrible ranting about Kary and trying to passive-aggressively manipulate her one true ally, Kameron. Instead of turning things around, she's now rightly lost all of the goodwill she'd built up with the rest of the cast and the audience

I trust that she'll find some way to bounce back from this, because she's a very crafty woman. But she's totally lost me. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

I am a psych nurse and I agree with the above poster about Leanne and borderline personality disorder. She did go too far with the Mexico/Mexican comments. I don't know if she can come back from it, but if shes kicked off the show I will say I will miss her complete lunacy.

I still think Kary is a mean girl and I am not a fan. She is so overly impressed with herself, when all she has done is marry well. Her gravely smokers like voice continues to bug.

I couldn't believe they paid 3K each for those silly little hand bags. I thought they were cute, but not THAT cute.

Stephanie continues to be the unicorn of all housewives. So darn sweet, very watchable, with a husband who adores her. She deserves all good things.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The red light district is a tourist destination in Thailand. It’ not like it’s some back woods part of the city, everyone goes there. That be like calling times square a sketchy part of New York lol. Are their sketchy people there? yes. But that’s just like any tourist spot in America or anywhere else in the world. Sex work isn’t illegal and is regulated like any other business.  I think it’s funny Leanne was trying to paint it as some bad part of town that no one goes to and NOT a world known tourist destination lol 

I would say 30-40-50 years ago, no self respecting female American wanted to walk alone through Times Square, as it was almost as bad as the red light district in  Thailand.  In my book, that’s seedy.  Now, it’s somewhat respectable in Times Square as more family friendly restaurants, stores and shows are now the center of attention over the risqué goings on in the area. I don’t think you can compare 2019 Times Square to 2019 red light district in Thailand.  Times Square is just annoying, bright and too busy now but much safer.  Police are everywhere, including a police station smack in the middle of the area.  
 I avoid it like the plague only because it’s busy .I often take the subway to 42nd, but walk towards Bryant park immediately and then head to my destination.

I would compare the red light district to be more like what goes on in border towns like Tijuana and Juarez. Although now, it’s more dangerous than it was 30-40 years ago.  I’ve been to both in the 1980s and it’s not safe to go anymore.

I think Kary is not a good judge of what’s safe/not safe. I question if she has a brain. She acts like a stubborn teenager.  I can’t believe she took her daughter there with no men.  No thanks.  

Leeanne may have been correct in her assessment of the situation, but as others have said, safety was likely not what was driving her attitude and poor behavior, it was her out of control anger. It will be interesting to see the conversation on the subject at the reunion and if Leeanne is asked back to the show.

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, Panda Bear said:

She was a model for many years who also dabbled in acting. If you go to her IMDB page, she has a good number of credits. Most are from 2000 on, but in season 1, we saw some of her modeling photos from the '80s and '90s. Remember that she met Tiffany at a photo shoot back in those days. I think it was mostly catalogue work, but still, she seems to have held legitimate modeling and acting jobs most of her life. 

Per IMDB, she also produced two reality shows pre-Housewives. No surprise then, that she's been so good at figuring out what the RHOD producers have wanted in past seasons. She became the star of the show by using her past as a "carny kid" and her anger issues to carry a lot of the storylines. But because she became a quieter, gentler LeeAnne in season three (at least, storyline-wise) she knows she can't really lash out this season, especially when she's supposed to be playing the happy newlywed.

So instead she's tried crying a lot, pivoting into victim mode to see if that works. But the other women can see that it's calculated and have either stopped reacting to her or have actually called her out on how fake they think it is. That's why she's freaking out if you ask me. She thought she'd easily be the star again this season with her wedding and her D'Andra feud but she realized, by the Thailand trip, that it wasn't really working. So she became frustrated that the focus wasn't on her and decided to take her frustrations out in the worst way possible, through her terrible ranting about Kary and trying to passive-aggressively manipulate her one true ally, Kameron. Instead of turning things around, she's now rightly lost all of the goodwill she'd built up with the rest of the cast and the audience

I trust that she'll find some way to bounce back from this, because she's a very crafty woman. But she's totally lost me. 

Does anyone remember the reality show Big, Rich Texas?  Leeanne was featured on that show.  Wonder if that’s one of her producing credits?  It’s funny because Leeanne was seen as the “society” lady that these women wanted to be friendly with...like it was a competition as to who was closer friends with Leeanne.  Now Im wondering if Leeanne wrote the scripts!!  OMG%!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

If there's one thing that these shows teach it's cherish your children: love them, support them and protect them. The damage from childhood lingers, while a good, safe, happy (didn't say perfect) childhood provides an such important foundation for life.

It's Stephanie contrasted with Lee-Anne.

Hooray for good moms!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I couldn't believe they paid 3K each for those silly little hand bags. I thought they were cute, but not THAT cute.

They paid 3k baht, not dollars.  I think there was a graphic that said it converted to about $90 (for one or both, I can't remember).  So a pretty good deal--even better if they were real leather.

10 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I would say 30-40-50 years ago, no self respecting female American wanted to walk alone through Times Square, as it was almost as bad as the red light district in  Thailand.

I did it every day, and I'm fairly self-respecting.  Maybe not so wise for tourists at the time, but if you were a native NYer and you had to get to work, you walked through Times Square without a worry.  People who live in a particular city know how to take care of themselves in that city.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Wow, that was disturbing.  If that had been Court behaving that way towards Kam rather than Leeanne, I would tell her, Run before he starts beating you.  That was abusive behavior - going off on her when she did nothing wrong, mess with her self esteem by telling her her rep is ruined, and then finishing with the over the top apology and saying she was just being protective. Creepy and disturbing.  I do not think Leeanne should be on this show anymore. 

I hope everything is okay with Travis' dad although I am guessing it is not. 

On a lighter note, I thought it was funny when Travis jumped in the pool and Stephanie said "who was that??" 

I appreciate that Stephanie apologized on instagram for not speaking up against Leeanne's racism at the time. 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

did it every day, and I'm fairly self-respecting.  Maybe not so wise for tourists at the time, but if you were a native NYer and you had to get to work, you walked through Times Square without a worry.  People who live in a particular city know how to take care of themselves in that city.

We did it when visiting particularly 30 years ago which was 1990 and people were already bitching about the “disneyfication” of Times Square. 
There are tons of tourists in the red light district in Thailand. It’s not my scene but I have walked around there without issue and these women also had security.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Does anyone remember the reality show Big, Rich Texas?  Leeanne was featured on that show.  Wonder if that’s one of her producing credits?  It’s funny because Leeanne was seen as the “society” lady that these women wanted to be friendly with...like it was a competition as to who was closer friends with Leeanne.  Now Im wondering if Leeanne wrote the scripts!!  OMG%!

Oh god I vaguely remember this show! I never thought the people on that show were at all society people. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

They paid 3k baht, not dollars.  I think there was a graphic that said it converted to about $90 (for one or both, I can't remember).  So a pretty good deal--even better if they were real leather.

I did it every day, and I'm fairly self-respecting.  Maybe not so wise for tourists at the time, but if you were a native NYer and you had to get to work, you walked through Times Square without a worry.  People who live in a particular city know how to take care of themselves in that city.

I hear you Mondrianyone...I should have been more specific, but it wasn’t considered an attractive place as a tourist destination as it does now.  I meant no offense, I was just trying to say relating Times Sq to the Red light district is not a good comparison.  I was just saying that perhaps in those earlier years, it was more similar.  I still don’t think that’s apples to apples either way.  

These are American women, putting themselves in an unsavory area traveling abroad.  I would walk through Times Sq alone now, but would never walk, even with girlfriends, into a red light district in Thailand, especially at night.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

would walk through Times Sq alone now, but would never walk, even with girlfriends, into a red light district in Thailand, especially at night.

They had security.  But the various different neighborhoods that are consider the red light distrust aren’t particularly sketchy and where a ton of bars and clubs are that have nothing to do with the sex industry. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

We did it when visiting particularly 30 years ago which was 1990 and people were already bitching about the “disneyfication” of Times Square. 
There are tons of tourists in the red light district in Thailand. It’s not my scene but I have walked around there without issue and these women also had security.

I lose track of time.  When I was a child in the 1960s and 1970s, Times Sq was a no-no amongst many as a place to you wanted to go. 
You are right, 1990 is different than 1970.  It was beginning to change over in the 1980s.  Wasn’t it a similar strategy to the Disneyfication of Vegas more recently??

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I meant no offense . . .
These are American women, putting themselves in an unsavory area traveling abroad.  I would walk through Times Sq alone now, but would never walk, even with girlfriends, into a red light district in Thailand, especially at night.

Don't worry, I wasn't even a little bit offended.  I think back on Times Square in those days and just laugh.  One night I was on my way home from recording a song demo in a studio just off Times Square, and I was propositioned by a Hasidic rabbi.  Fortunately, the price wasn't right.  It was seedy for sure, but you can't hardly pay for memories like that.

Also, I think we need to remind ourselves that the women on the show are never alone.  They've got camera people, sound people, producers, who knows how many--and most of them are probably young, strong men, so I doubt they're in any real danger.

ETA: I meant to say that the fact that all these crew people are with them makes LeeAnne's crap about just going along to protect the other women even more ludicrous.  I don't think even she's that delusional, but she had to say something, and that was the best line of BS she could come up with on the fly.

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • Love 14
15 minutes ago, iloveit said:

Oh god I vaguely remember this show! I never thought the people on that show were at all society people. 

There was a rich lady by marriage and her teen daughter, a female physician who was self made (Bonnie?) and the other lady that was in the center reminded me of early RHOC Laurie Peterson before she met the “wallet” George.  
Leeanne was portrayed as a society, beauty queen who was entrenched in Dallas fashion society.  They would drag Leeanne into their fights.  What a reversal of roles for Leeanne in how she is seen on RHOD.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Don't worry, I wasn't even a little bit offended.  I think back on Times Square in those days and just laugh.  One night I was on my way home from recording a song demo in a studio just off Times Square, and I was propositioned by a Hasidic rabbi.  Fortunately, the price wasn't right.  It was seedy for sure, but you can't hardly pay for memories like that.

Also, I think we need to remind ourselves that the women on the show are never alone.  They've got camera people, sound people, producers, who knows how many--and most of them are probably young, strong men, so I doubt they're in any real danger.

Propositioned by a Hasidic Rabbi??  That’s hilarious!  

Yes, on this show the ladies are with the Bravo crew.  I guess my point is just that female Americans aren’t so smart going to places like that on their own in Thailand.  It’s a big deal, not just some routine tourist spot that a typical American female or family would think of as a good idea, IMO.  Times Square is not in the same conversation, or shouldn’t be...

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

guess my point is just that female Americans aren’t so smart going to places like that on their own in Thailand.  It’s a big deal, not just some routine tourist spot that a typical American female or family would think of as a good idea, IMO.  Times Square is not in the same conversation, or shouldn’t be...

Have you been? I ask because this has not been my experience at all in Bangkok. It should be noted that the only person who commented on it being sketchy was LeeAnn who clearly had her own agenda.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

I would say 30-40-50 years ago, no self respecting female American wanted to walk alone through Times Square, as it was almost as bad as the red light district in  Thailand.  In my book, that’s seedy.  Now, it’s somewhat respectable in Times Square as more family friendly restaurants, stores and shows are now the center of attention over the risqué goings on in the area. I don’t think you can compare 2019 Times Square to 2019 red light district in Thailand.  Times Square is just annoying, bright and too busy now but much safer.  Police are everywhere, including a police station smack in the middle of the area.  
 I avoid it like the plague only because it’s busy .I often take the subway to 42nd, but walk towards Bryant park immediately and then head to my destination.

I would compare the red light district to be more like what goes on in border towns like Tijuana and Juarez. Although now, it’s more dangerous than it was 30-40 years ago.  I’ve been to both in the 1980s and it’s not safe to go anymore.

I think Kary is not a good judge of what’s safe/not safe. I question if she has a brain. She acts like a stubborn teenager.  I can’t believe she took her daughter there with no men.  No thanks.  

Leeanne may have been correct in her assessment of the situation, but as others have said, safety was likely not what was driving her attitude and poor behavior, it was her out of control anger. It will be interesting to see the conversation on the subject at the reunion and if Leeanne is asked back to the show.

My roommate literally got back from bangkok Thailand 2 weeks ago he’s gone with his wife pretty much constantly every 2 or 3 years for as long as I have known them. They laughed when I asked if the district was “bad”.  Again maybe 30 or 40 years ago it might have had a reputation but it’s a actual tourist destination at this point. Leanne was just trying to make something out of nothing. To act like you would be murdered robbed and raped is ridiculous. Yes to go anywhere and act like an idiot (screaming about it being a “bad” part of town) you will make yourself a mark by a bad element no matter what city or country you are in that would be true anywhere sorry. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Have you been? I ask because this has not been my experience at all in Bangkok.

I have been to Thailand, Japan and Singapore, only in that part of the world.  Thailand is on the bottom of my list for places I’ve traveled.  Singapore was my favorite.  Everyone is different.  I just don’t think you have to go into “tourist” areas to fully experience a country.  

My husband has been on work trips all over, I usually go with him, but I have declined based on where he was going in the country.  He’s been to India well over a dozen times and I have absolutely no interest based on his experience, and the first hand experience of several Indian-Americans that now are US citizens.  

I’ve been in several countries in Western Europe.  I’m a resort girl, not an authentic nature girl when traveling.  Nature preserve?  Yes.  Sketchy area?  No. 

I also went to Cape Town once, but only because a friend who was born there was our host.  We stayed with their family that still lives there.  He’s very aware of what is/what isn’t safe.  South Africa is changing and safety is becoming a major issue there nowadays.  We never would have gone if we didn’t go there with someone from there, who is on top of what’s going on.  

With that said, bad things happen everywhere...like what just happened in Jersey City, right near a school.   I am just a cautious person.  Zip lining and parasailing in the Caribbean is my limit on bring adventurous!!  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

My roommate literally got back from bangkok Thailand 2 weeks ago he’s gone with his wife pretty much constantly every 2 or 3 years for as long as I have known them. They laughed when I asked if the district was “bad”.  Again maybe 30 or 40 years ago it might have had a reputation but it’s a actual tourist destination at this point. Leanne was just trying to make something out of nothing. To act like you would be murdered robbed and raped is ridiculous. Yes to go anywhere and act like an idiot (screaming about it being a “bad” part of town) you will make yourself a mark by a bad element no matter what city or country you are in that would be true anywhere sorry. 

But... that’s their opinion, not everyone’s opinion of the area. I live in Manhattan.  A lot of my friends hate NYC, I don’t.  Some visit us when they are here for work, but not many of them would want to live here.  Other friends tell me they think We are lucky to live here.  It’s all subjective, what you like.  Some people don’t think NYC is safe, it feels safe where I live....

They don’t think it’s bad, doesn’t mean I’m wrong if I think it’s bad.  

Bloomberg recently highlighted “dangerous” places to travel, that they deem safe.  My reaction was shock.  That’s dangerous advice IMO.  First thing they mentioned, was not to concern yourself with US State department travel warnings.  No thanks.  No, Pakistan is not safe!!  Idiots. Go for it.  However, if you throw caution to the wind, don’t ridicule those who play it safe.  

This talk just makes me wish I went to Hong Kong before the more recent troubles.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

don’t think it’s bad, doesn’t mean I’m wrong if I think it’s bad.  

The issue with the episode is that LeeAnn was the only one who was saying it was sketchy bad and it was just to scare and manipulate Kam not about the actual area. Her whole “only I can protect you” was some straight toxic manipulation on so many levels not least of which because they were in a perfectly safe area with security. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

But... that’s their opinion, not everyone’s opinion of the area. I live in Manhattan.  A lot of my friends hate NYC, I don’t.  Some visit us when they are here for work, but not many of them would want to live here.  Other friends tell me they think We are lucky to live here.  It’s all subjective, what you like.  Some people don’t think NYC is safe, it feels safe where I live....

They don’t think it’s bad, doesn’t mean I’m wrong if I think it’s bad.  

Bloomberg recently highlighted “dangerous” places to travel, that they deem safe.  My reaction was shock.  That’s dangerous advice IMO.  First thing they mentioned, was not to concern yourself with US State department travel warnings.  No thanks.  No, Pakistan is not safe!!  Idiots. Go for it.  However, if you throw caution to the wind, don’t ridicule those who play it safe.  

This talk just makes me wish I went to Hong Kong before the more recent troubles.

Yes and your opinion is your opinion. I’m not dismissing it .. to just completely dismiss theirs because it’s not yours is kinda odd .. it’s not as a “bad” area as in what Leanne was trying to hype it has is all that is being said.  

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4

The ladies weren’t alone they had a film crew with them. What was Leanne expecting to happen, They would be lured into a dark corner and attacked ON Camera with everyone watching? Let’s be realistic here no one trying to rape rob and or murder you wants to be ON camera or when you are with 5 other women and a WHOLE freaking filming crew   ... doesn’t  matter what country you are in this is a universal truth. Just like NO country is 100 percent safe not even In America. Yet to try to act like this district is crime riddled and people are just waiting for you to stumble into their trap is ridiculous...  lol the ladies at no point were in “Real”danger. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5

I don't think Leeanne will be kicked off the show for what she said.  I think, if anything, Kary might get a second season that she might not have gotten.

On RHOA, in season four, Marlo, a friend-of, demanded to know why Sheree was always surrounding herself with "f------s" (the slur used against gay people).  I mean, they bleeped it, but she said it, and she said it as an accusation, to boot.  And nothing happened to her.  I think she got, like question about it at the reunion, and Andy dropped it, which I thought was strange.  Marlo never achieved her peach, but Atlanta's now in season 12 and Marlo is still running the show.

Phaedra, on the other hand, made up some nasty lies about Kandi and she got booted, but Phaedra also didn't want to show us a damn thing about her life, so I think that figures into it big time.

Leeanne was reality TV gold and she said some really bad shit over and over.  I think as long as she plays her apologies right (and I don't mean to sound cynical, but this is a cynical business), she has a place on this show.

I'll save my opinion for whether she should be allowed to stay until the season and reunion play out (I don't follow them on social media, which is just a cesspool). I generally think there's room on reality TV for a multitude of people.  If the group wants to ice her out, let them ice her out.

Damn, I used to watch Big, Rich Texas, and I cannot remember Leeanne to save my life!  I thought she was the woman who ran the consignment shop, because she was brunette too, but now everyone is saying she was a society matron?!?  Does anyone have a link?  I'm so interested.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Yes and your opinion is your opinion.. do just completely dismiss theirs because it’s not yours is kinda funny... it’s not a “bad” area as in what Leanne was trying to hype is all that is being said. 

That’s the point I was making KWCK.

You say your roommate laughed at the thought...that’s their opinion.  Leeanne, or whomever may have a different opinion.  My example was NYC.  

Let’s just say not wanting to go to that area is not everyone’s cup of tea...

15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The issue with the episode is that LeeAnn was the only one who was saying it was sketchy bad and it was just to scare and manipulate Kam not about the actual area. Her whole “only I can protect you” was some straight toxic manipulation on so many levels not least of which because they were in a perfectly safe area with security. 

Leeanne clearly has issues.  I think Travis was an idiot for advocating that they go there, but’s that’s my opinion.  

23 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Damn, I used to watch Big, Rich Texas, and I cannot remember Leeanne to save my life!  I thought she was the woman who ran the consignment shop, because she was brunette too, but now everyone is saying she was a society matron?!?  Does anyone have a link?  I'm so interested.  

Leeanne was a secondary character on Big, Rich Texas.  She was only on the show a few episodes, I think...it was a long time ago.  From what I remember, she was someone portrayed as someone important in “Dallas society” and the main characters argued over who Leeanne was a close friend to in the group. One of the ladies  left because her husband thought it was a low rent show.  (Yup!) There were 3 seasons.

What’s striking, is her persona was very different than how we see her on RHOD.  During season 1 of RHOD, it made sense that Leeanne was highlighted as a society, charity queen, and Brandi felt less than, because that followed where Big, Rich Texas left off, so to speak.  Once D’Andrea and Leeanne started to differ, we now see a very different Leeanne.  Interesting.  She was a fairly successful model.  Was she a poser early on as it seems?  The animosity with D’A and the grifting behavior for her wedding indicates that’s the real Leeanne.  

It really makes me wonder again about the age old question for the Bravo housewives shows.  Is there a loose script or not???  Are they playing a part?  

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

Like my mama always said.......’I am going to need the job title that pays your rent and your pant size to back up your weight!’

LeAnne can grift like no other.  Watch and learn! LeAnne grifted 29 wedding showers, her entire wedding, invited Dallas Society and got away serving only sparkling apple juice and wedding cake! And, no thank you cards! 🙄

I agree on the other.  I noticed the other ladies especially Brandi getting away from her antics. The only one that still falls for them is Kam. 

She did GCB!  I loved that show and then it got cancelled because it offended the Christians. LeAnne is jut offensive all around! 

https://youtu.be/QdsI33SIbYc

Right below that video.....someone already made a LeAnne compilation!  LeAnne deserves to be locked up in a Tijuana prison!  

https://youtu.be/3VFxv7v-YfY

• Love 2
On 12/11/2019 at 10:13 PM, DivaLasVegas82 said:

LeeAnne has really made me not like her, and I never thought I would feel that way because she was my absolute favorite for the first three seasons. Her behavior has always been problematic, but in the past, she had humor, charisma, and vulnerability to make up for her bad behavior. But between her racist comments about Kary, her constant victimazation stories about her childhood, her manipulation of Kameron and her jealousy over Kary and Kameron's friendship, there were virtually nothing redeemable about her this season.

LeeAnne has been my favorite since the beginning as well! She appeared to be the most grounded and real. Every year since she has gotten more fake, from her lashes to her hair extensions. She was a beautiful women and the fame took over her. Very sad.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

She did GCB!  I loved that show and then it got cancelled because it offended the Christians. LeAnne is jut offensive all aro

She is actually friends with the creator of GCB which is being rebooted at the CW and the author was defending LeeAnne’s remarks about Kary on a FB last week!

• Love 1
On 12/11/2019 at 11:24 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Could she be on drugs?  Who loses their shit over a protracted period of time dressed in a towel?

I feel like LeeAnne is on drugs or drinking. But I think drugs. She sure does have "cotton mouth" a lot. Watch her lick her lips when she is listening to someone talk to her. Specifically when she was at the dinner table on the last night in Thailand. I saw it when she had one of her 20-30 pre-wedding parties, the drag one where she was yelling at Kary about inviting DeAndra to the wedding.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She is actually friends with the creator of GCB which is being rebooted at the CW and the author was defending LeeAnne’s remarks about Kary on a FB last week!

Goodie! It will be cancelled again!

Especially, if LeAnne has anything to do with it. 😭

I think people are talking about the seedy factor....where danger can lurk.  

But,  bad things can happen, anywhere.  

If people watch the show The Deuce on HBO  this is what they mean in the 70’s.

It is funny yall are talking about it because the last episode this season it shows the transformation of Time Squares from the 1970s to Present. Pretty cool!

Did anyone watch Vince do his Times Square stroll??

In Asia and the Middle East....these night markets are traditional and thrive because the sun is too hot during the day. 

Everybody including families with children   come out at night to eat and shop. 

Nighttime is not necessarily......’dangerous’.....like it means in America...where it is normal to be in bed by 10pm.

This is how I grew up.  All the neighborhoods kids were allowed to play at night. 

On weekends....until 4 in the morning.  Have you ever played Hide n Seek in huge mango trees??  The best childhood! 🙌🏻

Bangkok Night Markets are like the French Quarter.  The hotels, restaurants, shopping, clubs and strip bars all on the same street. Good times until the sun comes up!

This is not  to say....local thugs are not always  looking for an opportunity to rob drunk  tourists who decide to take a weee one block over from all the action! 

Let’s compare the carnivals LeAnne grew up in.  No parent would allow their child to walk alone by themselves.  They are crowded with people from all walks of life and kinda dirty. Certainly, not Disney World....where some nice worker dressed in a Mickey suit will help your kid.   I doubt LeAnne was scare at the Night Market! Because, this is what it is....not the Red Light District. 

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

I think people are talking about the seedy factor....where danger can lurk.  

But,  bad things can happen, anywhere.  

If people watch the show The Deuce on HBO  this is what they mean in the 70’s.

It is funny yall are talking about it because the last episode this season it shows the transformation of Time Squares from the 1970s to Present. Pretty cool!

Did anyone watch Vince do his Times Square stroll??

I haven’t seen the Deuce, so I just watched the trailer.  Yes, this is what I’m referring to, the seedy factor.  Thanks for pointing it out, it looks good.

I grew up in a world where children are very sheltered, in the mindset of, “nothing good happens after midnight” if you know what I mean!  A more gradual introduction to the world.  

Yes, carnival life can’t be pleasant.  Every time Leeanne mentions it though, I think of the movie the Jerk, with Steve Martin.  Nathan had to grow up and adjust quick!!😂😆

On 12/11/2019 at 9:13 PM, Dance4Life said:

omg! LeAnne just said...I am not racist! I sat on Julio Iglesias lap and slept with a lot of Mexican men. 

Ok, I get it! You are a slutty racist. 

Julio Iglesias is from Spain a distinction that is surely lost on LeeAnn. He has one grandparent who is from Puerto Rico (which could be Spanish, Taino, Black, or a mix)* and the rest of his ancestry is European from Spain. He also has some Converso heritage on his mother's side.

*Studies have demonstrated that on average, Puerto Ricans are 65% European, 20% Black , and 15% Taino. So LeeAnn is patting herself on the back for sitting on the lap of a dude who is likely 91% white (5% Black and 4% Taino). LeeAnn is quite the model of tolerance.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I am a psych nurse and I agree with the above poster about Leanne and borderline personality disorder. She did go too far with the Mexico/Mexican comments. I don't know if she can come back from it, but if shes kicked off the show I will say I will miss her complete lunacy.

I still think Kary is a mean girl and I am not a fan. She is so overly impressed with herself, when all she has done is marry well. Her gravely smokers like voice continues to bug.

Stephanie continues to be the unicorn of all housewives. So darn sweet, very watchable, with a husband who adores her. She deserves all good things.

3k baht....I think that's like 100bucks

17 hours ago, nexxie said:

Thanks for posting this - I’ve wondered about BPD but have no experience with it. I recognize the rage, manipulation, lack of empathy and drama queen self-pity from dealing with a couple of people with NPD - but, you’re right, there’s a lot going on with her.

I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with people with NPD. It’s good that you’re cognizant of it, though. I find so many people think it’s a lot less common than it is. Most of us have encountered people who have NPD or ASPD in our lives. BPD does have a lot of overlap with NPD, so they are related disorders. BPD can be just as dangerous as NPD so I think your fears are appropriate. And I share them. When I look at her, I just see a raging, manipulative, dangerous person with untreated BPD. And I find it unpleasant to watch. 

Also, I don’t think anyone mentioned this yet, but I found her wording regarding her apology to Kam creepy AF. “I held her while I apologized!” “Held” her? FFS, LeeAnne. Yes, you’re so nurturing and protective. If LeeAnne yelled at me and made me cry, the last thing I’d want is to be “held” by her. It’s the classic move of break someone down so you can be the one to make them feel better. 

12 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

12 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

There was a rich lady by marriage and her teen daughter, a female physician who was self made (Bonnie?) and the other lady that was in the center reminded me of early RHOC Laurie Peterson before she met the “wallet” George.  
Leeanne was portrayed as a society, beauty queen who was entrenched in Dallas fashion society.  They would drag Leeanne into their fights.  What a reversal of roles for Leeanne in how she is seen on RHOD.

I LOVED Big Rich Texas. And I think I might be in a group of one, but I would really like to see Dr. Bon (PhD, professor, author of mystery books and board games) on RHOD. She’s over the top, smart, and a lot of fun. It’s been a long time, but I don’t ever remember her being particularly malicious, though she could stir the pot. She would make an excellent housewife, IMO.

• Love 5

I’ve never been to Thailand, but I did visit Amsterdam in 2004 and went to the Red Light District. I obviously don’t know precisely how Bangkok and Amsterdam compare, but I did find my time in the Red Light District very enlightening and I’m glad I went. I noticed several things/points of comparison that might be relevant to the RHOD:

(1) Many of the women we saw in the windows were very young and women of color. I fully support sex workers and respect their right to work, be fairly compensated, and be treated with respect and dignity. But I think the question of consent is really tricky. Like, obviously women who are trafficked have no ability to consent, but what about all these young women I saw in the windows? Were they being held captive? No. Did they fully have the power to consent given their life circumstances? I’m not so sure. It seems like trafficking is much more common in Bangkok.

(2) The Red Light District was not as dangerous as some people make it out to be. Beyond all the sex tourism stuff, there were also beautiful old churches, etc to explore. One of my favorite museums in Amsterdam is The Secret Church and it’s located in the Red Light District. I’m glad I didn’t avoid that area of town and miss out on other memorable landmarks. 

https://traveler.marriott.com/amsterdam/red-light-districts-best-kept-secret-hidden-plain-sight/

(3) The scariest people in the Red Light District were not locals. They were the groups of men who came there (often on stag trips) and roamed the streets drunk and keyed up. They had an energy that made me really uncomfortable (and the catcalls from them didn’t help). But I also think groups of drunk men at strip clubs (or anywhere, really) can be scary. This didn’t feel particular to Amsterdam. Once it got later, my friend (another female) and I got out of there because we didn’t have security (or a fierce, all-knowing carnie friend to protect us 😂). But I did feel safe for the most part.

(4) Lastly, part of what made my trip so interesting was visiting the Prostitution Information Center in the Red Light District. It was founded by a former prostitute and staffed by former prostitutes. They offered tours and information that was so valuable and they actively advocate for the safety and dignity of sex workers. I really appreciated that I got to see that part of Amsterdam through the perspective of sex workers. After a quick google, it appears Bangkok has similar offerings. I know this is the Housewives and I might be asking too much from a trashy reality show, but these women made a point to not ride elephants and instead go to a sanctuary and learn. Why couldn’t they have done that with the Red Light District? I know it’s not as fun as Kam drawing on her white board and the women screeching, but there is a way to experience that part of the culture without being exploitative. I wish they allotted to sex workers the same respect they allotted to elephants. (And this is no diss to elephants- I love them and thought that visit to the sanctuary was magical until LeeAnne made it all about her)

Sorry if this is a long rant, but I’ve been thinking a lot about Bangkok as compared to Amsterdam and conversations people are having on here about safety, morality, etc.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I LOVED Big Rich Texas. And I think I might be in a group of one, but I would really like to see Dr. Bon (PhD, professor, author of mystery books and board games) on RHOD. She’s over the top, smart, and a lot of fun. It’s been a long time, but I don’t ever remember her being particularly malicious, though she could stir the pot. She would make an excellent housewife, IMO.

I was actually surprised they didn’t select Pam Martin Duarte or give more time to Heidi Dillon, beyond being Leeanne’s friend on RHOD.  I liked Bon, but I did not like her daughter.  Bon was kind of fun.  Leslie is the one that reminded me of Laurie Peterson before George. I’m pretty sure Pam was/is friends with D’Andrea Simmons.  

Heidi D is very influential and she’s supported Leeanne for a long time.  Wonder if any of those alliances will now change? If you recall, some of the ladies bickered over who was closer to Leeanne on Big, Rich Texas. Season 2?  Heidi and Leeanne were in the The Fashionistas, and lots of Dallas women, at that time, wanted to be involved but were not selected.  Heidi is involved in Dallas charities and television production.  Supposedly, she was influential in casting Dallas, Divas and Daughters.  That show morphed into Big, Rich Texas. Then, we see Heidi pop up in the background as Leeanne’s friend on RHOD.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I think back on Times Square in those days and just laugh.

Obnoxiously quoting myself just to pull back on this a little.  Right after I posted, I realized it sounds flip, which I didn't intend.  I can laugh about my own random experiences in Times Square and other marginal areas in the '70s and beyond because my position then and there was one of relative privilege, and I'm acutely aware that not everyone's was, not even close.  My point was that if you know how to take care of yourself, even the neighborhoods that look terrifying to outsiders are usually manageable.

But not always.  The murder of that college student in upper Manhattan is a horrible example of how wrong things can go, and it's especially close to home for me because that's where I went to school, and I remember all the stupid chances I took at the time.  Not everyone who lives in close proximity shares the same experiences.  You have to take care of yourself and remember you don't exist in a social vacuum.

10 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

(4) Lastly, part of what made my trip so interesting was visiting the Prostitution Information Center in the Red Light District. It was founded by a former prostitute and staffed by former prostitutes. They offered tours and information that was so valuable and they actively advocate for the safety and dignity of sex workers.

Your whole post was so enlightening, @MrsWitter, this last point especially.  To my knowledge there was never anything like this in NYC, which I guess is the downside of not having an officially acknowledged red-light district.  You can keep pretending that something doesn't exist to justify not doing anything to help those affected by it.  And then push the whole thing over to the very margins of town, so you can keep not seeing it.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Obnoxiously quoting myself just to pull back on this a little.  Right after I posted, I realized it sounds flip, which I didn't intend.  I can laugh about my own random experiences in Times Square and other marginal areas in the '70s and beyond because my position then and there was one of relative privilege, and I'm acutely aware that not everyone's was, not even close.  My point was that if you know how to take care of yourself, even the neighborhoods that look terrifying to outsiders are usually manageable.

But not always.  The murder of that college student in upper Manhattan is a horrible example of how wrong things can go, and it's especially close to home for me because that's where I went to school, and I remember all the stupid chances I took at the time.  Not everyone who lives in close proximity shares the same experiences.  You have to take care of yourself and remember you don't exist in a social vacuum.

Your whole post was so enlightening, @MrsWitter, this last point especially.  To my knowledge there was never anything like this in NYC, which I guess is the downside of not having an officially acknowledged red-light district.  You can keep pretending that something doesn't exist to justify not doing anything to help those affected by it.  And then push the whole thing over to the very margins of town, so you can keep not seeing it.

Agreed!  I think about everyone’s gifts and potential and how some people have been used, abused and discarded to the curb.  From my POV, it’s great to be adventurous and an explorer, but it is still smart to be street savvy and cautious of your environment.  That poor girl, Tessa Majors, only 18 and a frosh Barnard College student, stabbed by 13 and 14 year old kids.  Not to mention those killed in/by the Jewish deli in Jersey City a few days ago.

You are right, this stuff happens.  Maybe if people stopped attending such shows, there would be no need for recruiting/trafficking human beings.  The last two episodes turned my stomach.  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

After a quick google, it appears Bangkok has similar offerings. I know this is the Housewives and I might be asking too much from a trashy reality show, but these women made a point to not ride elephants and instead go to a sanctuary and learn.

Probably because Bravo doesn’t think that it would make for compelling tv. But just because we don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. For instance the restaurant they went to Condoms and Cabbages is a non profit that donates supports family planning and AIDS prevention organizations.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

(1) Many of the women we saw in the windows were very young and women of color. I fully support sex workers and respect their right to work, be fairly compensated, and be treated with respect and dignity. But I think the question of consent is really tricky. Like, obviously women who are trafficked have no ability to consent, but what about all these young women I saw in the windows? Were they being held captive? No. Did they fully have the power to consent given their life circumstances? I’m not so sure. It seems like trafficking is much more common in Bangkok.

I bolded there areas I found consistent, and the areas with which I mostly agree (i wouldn't say I "fully" support sex workers.  I support their right to do what they do, but if I knew a woman in the business and she expressed ambivalence about what she was doing, I'd try to help her get out in a way that I wouldn't help a nurse get out of her profession.  So I just support it, not fully).

I also agree that women who are trafficked (I called them slaves upthread) can't consent to sex; they can't consent to anything if they're slaves.  That's a human rights problem, (and it's alive and well here in the US).

The rest of the quoted paragraph is...troubling...to me.  A person, no matter what color they are, is either free to consent to sex or they're not, whether it's for pleasure, commerce, heels, bags, cash, the adult film industry, whatever.  To group race with age reads quite condescendingly, and I can't stand by it.  It's not personal, but I need to point out that I'm very uncomfortable with the way that was written.  

If women look so young that there is concern that they're not eligible to consent--that's a real problem.  But I think black women have just as much of a right to stand in those windows as white women.  I would hope we're not advocating that legalized prostitution should be exclusive to white women, and the black women who are crowded out are forced to make their living some other way, like back-alley prostitution, or a more back-breaking job, for a lower wage.

Given the discussion surrounding Leeanne, I find this statement on race ironic and sad.  I speak on behalf of everything I've read and learned over the course of the past 20 years, so I'm not looking to go back and forth on a message board about a reality show.  I find it insulting, I'm insulted, I'll agree to disagree and we can move on.

• Love 3