Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Hatbox & Ramp

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I watched the HatBox part, and it was a good business, but run poorly.     That business was a hobby, not a business.     I would suspect that soon, when the money runs out, it will be long gone.     Marcus saying there's competition was interesting.      The one salesman that fitted the cowboy hat for Marcus was amazing, and I hope he left after the business owner ripped him a new one on camera.       

I only watched a few minutes of the Ramp part, saw it was snowboards, and skiing equipment and gear, and turned it off.      Marcus already has the snowboard, and clothing store, and Ramp had nothing new to add to a very crowded field.    THe owner wasn't professional at all. 

It was interesting to see two companies that Marcus passed on.  

• Love 3

His comments at the end indicated that the Ramp visit was actually a couple years ago. So it might have predated those other investments.

Given that it was obvious from the episode structure that there would be no investments, I enjoyed the episode for what it was.

• Love 4

I stopped watching when he went to the Ramp, because it was so obvious that the owner was not interested in changing anything, and it was just filler. .  

I loved Silas at the Hat Box, he was a great salesman, and very kind too.    I hope he's moved on to a store where the boss won't try to humiliate him on camera.     I looked online, and I can't believe that the Hat Box still exists, and is probably still loosing a ton of money every year.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I think Silas, the employee at HatBox, was probably mortified when he was disciplined by his boss on camera.  However, I'm sure he enjoyed how it was presented on "The Profit" episode.  They made him look great!  He came across as a terrific, knowledgeable employee, and Marcus saying that Silas could work for him at any of his companies must have done wonders for his ego.  Congratulations, Silas!

• Love 9
On 12/11/2019 at 6:19 PM, Amarsir said:

His comments at the end indicated that the Ramp visit was actually a couple years ago. So it might have predated those other investments.

Given that it was obvious from the episode structure that there would be no investments, I enjoyed the episode for what it was.

I think both were taped awhile ago. The Ramp one was for sure several years ago. I live in Utah and I had seen an article that Marcus visited a business for his show and I waited and waited and it never aired. I guess they decided to air it years later. I'm sure they could have made a full episode out of it, even if it was a non investment (they used to have non investment full episodes) because they could have gone into the man who gave the 6 Million more, what his original business was that made huge money, why they picked such an expensive place to build a shop in Utah and maybe looked at other cities or options? Remember Squatty potty from shark tank they moved their business from Southern Utah which is expensive for land to Logan which much cheaper. Utah because of tourism or BLM ownership has crazy differences in land prices, where I live it would be $500k an acre but go 45 minutes north and you can get $5k an acre.  I bet the Ramp did not have any drama and they could not find a way to edit drama so they dropped it. It seems like Marcus at least this season is backing away from the big fights and drama so maybe this footage works with the new direction? I can only hope because I am so sick of fake or overplayed drama on reality shows when there most likely could be a decent story. 

I also think the hat box was taped earlier because of his clothing and hairstyle. he was wearing his Detroit Denim but not the broken heart sweater, he was wearing his old style sweater. He also used to do his hair different. Even the talking heads had his old style so maybe the whole episode was taped years ago. I wonder with this old episode and the different style, what will come of the show. CNBC seems to have given up on so many originals. I assume they are looking for another long term show like the Profit. I would have liked to see more of The Deed Chicago (the lower end homes) and Adventure Captialist or at least an update show. I would also like to see more of the interview (fake or not it was fun watch). What ever happened to the Billionaire Buyer and Restaurant Startup(I heard investment issues?) , they just disappeared? 

• Love 2

I watched the hat lady part, but wasn't paying too much attention, so I couldn't figure out what happened to her and who those other guys were. I didn't realize it was two independent segments aired as one episode.