Type keyword(s) to search

GH Fanworks/Fanfic/Fanart: We Do It Better

• Start Topic

I wrote this in March 2013. Then Nathan became Obrecht's son a year later. COINCIDENCE?? Well yes, probably, lol.

"You gotta be kidding me," John said. Never in his wildest dreams when Quantico sent him on this assignment did he imagine *this*. He had told Anna he had needed a distraction but perhaps next time he would be a little more careful what he wished for.

"But it is true John. I thought you seemed familiar when I saw you in the clinic. I think it vas your eyes. They are the same color blues as ze rest of the ze family." She shrugged. "Of course yours are razair small and beedy instead of large and bright like mine but steell. Zey are ze same color."

"So you're my mother? That doesn't make any sense! You look like you're in your early 50s, tops," John said.

"Yes I do not know if you know this but you are actually 34. You have no aged so well my son," said Obrecht. "See, here is your birth certificate."

She fished out the document and handed it to him.

"Jan McObrecht?" he read.

"Yes, zat is your real name. I dropped ze Mc when I moved here to Lucerne. They are not fond of Celtic names here."

She put her hands on his arms. "Anyway I am so glad to have found you my son. I vas hoping you would move in with me so we could get to know each other a leetle better."

This was all very strange for John, but he supposed he had nothing better to do, like take care of a toddler son. "Er, sure," he said.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

"Uh, Mr. Cassadine sir, we have a problem with the embryo," said the doctor.

"What is it?" growled Stavros.

"Well, uh, it's not that there," said the doctor.

"Who!" Stavros raged. "Who took my embryooooooo!"

"Oh," said a small figure emerging into the room. "That - that was me. Sorry. I was just so hungry and cold and there was nothing around here!"

"Who are you!" asked Stavros. "Whoever you are, you shall die for it!"

The young man's eyes filled with tears. "That's not very nice. Please don't hurt me sir!"

Another person ran into the room. "Ah, forgive the boy, Herr Stavroshen."

"Dr Obrecht!" Stavros exclaimed. "Do you KNOW this boy?"

"It is mein sister's dotter's estranged husband's nephew," said Obrecht. "He is annoying and pointless, but making Nina's husband happy would help her out, so I asked Victor if he could bring him out of his coma."

"I'm so sorry," said Rafe. He took Stavros' hand. "I didn't MEAN to eat your egg. Can't we be friends?"

Stavros' heart was touched. In all his life, no one had ever asked to be his friends. "We can be more than friends," he said. "We can be father and son." He and Rafe embraced.

"Rafuh, you are still naked from the cryochamber," said Obrecht. She took out a cigarette and lit it. "Ah, why do I bozzer?"

• Love 2

Chapter 5
Jason and Sam were waiting at the airport when they arrived.

“It’s a small island about 2 miles off the coast.” Jason explained. “We have a boat ready to go but we need to wait for sunset. We try to go out there during the day and we will get shot.”

Patrick hated waiting but he knew deep down that Jason was right. The important thing was to get her home, safe and sound. Just knowing that he was so close to her was painful. He prayed that this wasn’t another false lead, there had already been too many. He didn’t know if he could take it.

“We are going to get her back. I know it.” Anna was hopeful this time. Jason had never asked her and Patrick to join them. She knew how scared her son-in-law was and she wanted to reassure him. “Our girl is strong. Once she knows the truth, that she is in no way responsible for Gabriel’s death, she will be so relieved. Patrick, we are going to bring her home tonight. End of story.”

Patrick smiled but he just couldn’t be as sure. Between Robin’s first kidnapping and the mind games Jerry had been playing with her, Patrick knew that she had a long recovery ahead of her. But he would be there every step of the way. One way or another they would get through it and come out as a family, stronger than ever.

It was almost pitch black by the time they arrived at the island. Climbing out of the boat, Jason and Anna quickly lead the way to the complex where Robin was being held. It was two stories and looked like it was office building. They all had weapons, even Patrick. For the past six months he had been training with Anna to be prepared when the time came to rescue Robin. He would not hesitate to use his gun if necessary. He had sworn to save lives but this was different.  Robin was all that mattered. She deserved to go home and be with her daughter. She deserved to have more than 5 minutes of happiness.

The group split up once they reached the front door. Patrick and Sam took the front while Anna and Jason split off to cover each side and to meet up in the back. Security was seemingly almost nonexistent. Sam took the first floor and Patrick took the stairs to the second floor.

Walking down the corridor, Patrick realized it was a hospital. It was empty of patients, but still full of medical equipment that Patrick knew well and could use to defend himself, if necessary. It was strange but this helped Patrick relax. Sure, he had a gun but he preferred to not use it. He walked down the hall, looking in every room. He was near the end of the hall when he came across a room with someone in it. He could hear the beep, beep, beep of a machine monitoring a heartbeat. He opened the door and was shocked by what he saw.

“Robin?”

He ran to his wife’s bedside. “Oh my God, what have they done to you?” Tears filled his eyes.

“I didn’t do this to her, Patty boy. You did.” Patrick turned to see Jerry Jacks and several armed guards standing in the doorway. He lunged at Jerry but was held back by the guards.

“Tsk, tsk. Do you really want to risk hurting my little bird? I would hate for a gun to go off and hurt her.”

The guards let him go. Patrick turned around and looked at Robin. She looked so frail and tiny. She was pale, he skin a stark contrast to her dark hair. He walked over and sat down by her, taking her tiny hand in his. Still a perfect fit. He stroked her hair and kissed her forehead. He heard a commotion behind him.

“Let me go!” Sam was screaming at another guard with Jason and Anna close behind.

“Quite a little reunion we have going on here, right Patty boy.”

Anna rushed over to her daughter with tears in her eyes. “What is wrong with her?”

“I can explain. Just give me one moment.” Jerry picked up his phone, “Please bring him in.”

A moment later a nurse came in carrying a three-month old little boy. “Let me introduce you to Baby Boy Scorpio-Drake.”

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 2

Since I have been neglectful in getting these up, you get two chapters for the price of one!

Chapter 6

“Patrick, wait! Have you been tested lately?”

It suddenly made perfect sense why Robin had asked him about being tested. The nurse came over and handed Patrick his son.

“My little bird here had some complications during childbirth. She has been like this for a month. But I am getting ready to take her someplace to get help.” Jerry cocked his head. “In fact, here is our ride now.” Everyone listened as the sound of helicopter blades cut through the air.

“No, I won’t let you take her.” Patrick’s voice was full of pain and anger.

“You don’t have a choice. If you try to stop me then I shall just have take your little boy with me as well.” He nodded and the guards made a move towards Patrick who instinctively turned away to protect his son. “Don’t fight me and at least you get to leave with him.”

Patrick knew what he had to do, even though it killed him. He would never forgive himself and Robin would never forgive him if he didn’t save their son. He glared at Jerry, feeling more hatred for someone than he ever thought was possible.

“Fine”, he spat at Jerry,”you win today but I will not stop until I have my wife back. Do you understand me? One way or another, Robin will come home to me and you will pay for what you have done.”

Jerry was thrilled to know that he had a worthy adversary in Patrick. This was going to be fun. He will have his little bird and get to have his fun with her husband. This day just kept getting better and better.

“Say goodbye to Jobbin Robin everybody, we have a ride to catch.”

Sam stepped up and took the baby so that Patrick could say goodbye to his wife. He took her hand, kissed her and whispered into her ear “Please hear me. You are not responsible for Gabriel’s death. You need to get better so you can get home to me and our children. I love you Robin, beyond reason. And I will not stop until you are back home with me. No matter where, no matter how long it takes, I will find you and bring you home.”

Anna kissed her baby girl. “You have suffered so much. I promise you, it will all be over soon. We will bring you back home, luv. I love you.”

Suddenly more guards came in and pushed Patrick and Anna to the side. The nurse handed Patrick a diaper bag and then went to getting Robin ready for transport. Before they knew it, the bed with Robin on it was moving out the door.

“My guards will keep you company until we leave. Please feel free to stay the night, the waters are a little bit dangerous at night and you wouldn’t want to risk hurting your baby boy. Until we meet again, Patty boy.”

With that he was gone. Patrick stood there in agony. Part of him wanted to say to hell with it and charge the guards but his, no their, children needed him. So he stayed where he was as the only woman he had ever loved was taken away from him again.

He heard the chopper leave and felt like a piece of his heart was being ripped out of his chest. “Robin!” It came out as a cross between a scream and a cry. He hit the floor and Anna quickly dropped to the floor and held her son-in-law, crying with him. “We will get her back, Patrick. I swear on my life we will get her back.”

• Love 3

Chapter 7

Five months. Five months since Jerry had taken Robin and disappeared. Emma was at school and Patrick had the day off to spend with their son. He had been trying to work as normal a schedule as possible to keep both kids in a routine until he could get Robin back home. He smiled as his little boy crawled across the floor, speeding towards his favorite truck.

“Slow down there Robbie. Don’t want to hurt yourself.” He laughed as he picked up the boy who was the spitting image of himself, right down to the dimple on his cheek. Robert Noah Drake was a healthy, happy, HIV negative baby boy.  Everyone adored him, especially his big sister Emma. Despite what most people thought, he was not named after his grandfather but Robin. It was Patrick’s way of honoring her. He hoped she would be happy with his choice for the name if, no when she came home. Unlike with Emma, they didn’t get to discuss baby names or share in any of the joys and pains of pregnancy & childbirth. Those nine months had been taken from them by Jerry and Victor.

He thought about all he and Robin had been through because of Jerry. Her being shot by that bastard in the Metro Court lobby and then having surgery performed without anesthesia because he refused to let her leave. Robin’s being held a virtual prisoner and pretending to be in love with Nicholas to save his life. The explosion used to fake Robin’s death and then her being held hostage for almost 2 years while he mourned her and made a pathetic attempt to start a new life. This kidnapping was just the latest stunt Jerry had pulled to keep the two of them apart and, like his previous attempts, it was only temporary. One way or another, he and Robin always found their way back to each other and this time would not be any different.

“Come one baby boy, it is nap time.” Patrick picked up the chubby little guy and put him in his play pen in the living room. He knew he needed to start letting him sleep in his own room but he could not do it. Emma’s little bed and Robbie’s crib were both in the master bedroom now. They had added a security system and Anna had guards assigned to them 24 hours a day. Patrick was certain that at some point in time Jerry would decide that he needed to bring Robin’s children to her and he would do everything in his power to prevent that from happening. He was going to bring Robin home to him and their children. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“They said you were one of the best neurologists on the eastern seaboard – I hope you understand the importance of what I am asking you.”

Dr. Matt Hunter stood there in shock looking at Jerry Jacks. He had been happily surprised when he was told he was being released under the condition that he worked on a special case. He would be under house arrest at a clinic but free to move around the grounds. Getting to wear his own clothes, a room of his own and the chance to work again, it sounded like heaven.

But all that changed once Matt was taken out of the warden’s office. He didn’t go back to his cell, he was dragged immediately to a van and a needle was jabbed into his neck. Everything went dark and he woke up in a windowless bedroom with a locked door. It hadn’t been too long after he woke up that Jerry Jacks stepped into the room.

“The patient has been in a coma for 8 months following child birth. I know you were doing some work with your sister-in-law before her death…”

Matt interrupted, “You mean before you faked her death and kidnapped her!”

“Semantics, my dear boy. Anyway, I do believe that there is something in Dr. Robin’s research that could bring the patient out of her coma. I need your assistance to help figure out the proper medication and dosage. Follow me, please. I’ll let you examine her before you get started in the lab.”

“I don’t understand. If it’s Robin’s research why not talk to her or Patrick. Both of them would help the patient, in spite of you being the person asking, and would be able to do it in a timelier manner than I can. All you would have to do is bring her to General Hospital...”

It was Jerry’s turn to interrupt now. “Patty boy is a little too emotionally involved to handle this case. I want the patient taken care of here for personal reasons and he would try to take her back to Port Charles. And the reason that Dr. Robin can’t do it is,” Jerry opened the door to her room,”because she is the patient.”

Matt looked at the woman in the bed. His beloved sister-in-law Robin lay there, hooked up to a half a dozen different machines. The first thing he noticed was she was not on a ventilator, which meant she was breathing on her own, Thank God. He then went about examining her. Her vitals were good and stable, lungs clear, and her pupils were equal and reactive.

He read her chart. She was being given her cocktail by IV and viral load remained virtually undetectable. A sudden realization hit him. “You said she went into a coma after giving birth – where is the baby?”

“He is with his father. Didn’t they tell you? Oh wait, no they didn’t. Patrick and your father decided to spare you – figured you had enough on your mind without worrying about your poor missing sister-in-law and new nephew. He’s HIV negative by the way.  I gave him to Patrick right before we came to this little island hide-away. So here’s the deal, fix my little bird here and you go free.”

Matt shuddered as he watched Jerry go over to Robin’s side and gently stroke her face. Oh my god, he is in love with her. He knew Robin didn’t, couldn’t feel the same way about Jerry. He asked the question even though he already knew the answer, “And Robin too? She goes home to her family after she is cured.”

Jerry shook his head, “No, my little bird stays here with me. But when she wakes up I will bring those two beautiful children of hers here and we will be a family. Maybe even add a third child, a perfect mix of me and the brilliant doctor.”

“And what about Patrick? Those are his children too! This is his wife and that is his family, his life! You bastard, what are you going to do to my brother?” Matt was furious, not only for what was happening but what Jerry was planning. “You’re going to kill him, aren’t you?”

“Only if absolutely necessary. I think I can just incapacitate him.  After all, a little damage to the base of the brain stem and Patty boy is no longer an issue. Alive but trapped in his body.” Matt was horrified, “However, if you will help me I will leave your brother alone and he will be able to spend the rest of his days fruitlessly chasing after me and my family. It really is up to you.”

Matt already knew he was going to do everything in his power to save Robin, not for Jerry but for Patrick and their children. He would not only cure Robin but he would get her home to her family. “I’ll do it.”

“I thought you might feel that way. Let me show you to your lab.”

• Love 1

I don't know how fan fiction writers do it(I tried once and the story sucked)  I can come up with a story in my head with dialogue, but can never put it down on paper where it makes any sense.

Like I went for a walk a while ago and thought about everybody getting back to General Hospital.

Where Patrick is there because he came to check on Maxie and in the process Dr. O reinstates him, so he can make sure Nathan doesn't have a concussion.

While doing the exam with Maxie in the room, he tells her he just got off a joint phone call from Johnny and Matt, checking to see how she and Lulu are.

Thus I start to have a story where Maxie explains some of her past man history to Nathan with Patrick being a backseat storyteller.

I'm sure if I had the talent I could run with it, but I don't so it stays in my head where it makes me giggle.

Edited by jennifer6973
  • Love 1

Thank you everyone!

Chapter 8

Patrick stood in the waiting room of the prison with his Dad. Emma and Robbie were with Jason and Sam at Sonny’s penthouse. Patrick knew the kids were safe there, for Sonny considered them his niece and nephew, the children of his ‘little sister’, and under his protection. Sonny felt an enormous amount of guilt for the way he had treated Robin in the past and his inability to protect her from Jerry. This was just a small way to make it up to her. He would protect her children with his life.

He and Noah had decided that the time had come to tell Matt everything. Patrick even brought pictures of the kids to share with his brother. Matt had only 2 years left on his sentence and with good behavior should be out within a year.

Patrick still felt guilty about Matt’s imprisonment. If he had not brought Lisa into their lives, Matt and Maxie might be married with kids by now. If only…

Patrick’s thoughts were interrupted by the warden. “I need to speak to you. Please follow me.”

Noah and Patrick followed the warden exchanging worried looks. They entered the warden’s office and each took a seat.

“Dr. Hunter was transferred last week to a clinic to work as a consultant on a special case. He will be kept under house arrest until his work is completed. After he completes the case he has been assigned, he will be given a full release, no parole. It is an unusual deal but one that, after reviewing the case, I felt was appropriate.”

Noah spoke first, “Where is this clinic? I would like to see my son.”

“Unfortunately, I cannot give you any information regarding the clinic. Dr. Hunter is not allowed any visitors so he can concentrate on his work. I will tell you that he is able to move about the grounds freely and is happily engrossed in his work. In fact, the latest update I received said that he is very close to figuring out the proper drug combination to help pull his patient of her coma. If all goes well, he may be home before the end of the month. You should be very proud of your son.”

Patrick’s heart stopped. It couldn’t be and yet, he was certain it was true. Jerry Jacks had taken Matt out of the prison to bring Robin out of her coma. He recalled a break-in at Robin’s office a few months ago. Nothing was taken but all of her notes had been gone through. Jerry was looking for a drug therapy and was using Matt to figure out the proper treatment.

“Now, just wait a minute…” Noah started to raise his voice but Patrick interrupted him.

“Thank you so much for the update. It’s great news that my brother will be home soon. My dad and I will be going now.” Patrick grabbed his dad’s arm and dragged him out of the office. “Trust me” Patrick whispered as they went down the hallway and left the prison.

The moment they were in the car Patrick picked up his phone and called Spinelli. “I need you to get into the prison records and find out into whose custody Dr. Matt Hunter was released and where he was transferred to. Also, please check on any private flights that left the Port Charles airport last week.”

Noah smiled at his oldest son. “Patrick, I sometimes forget about your connections to some useful people.”

Patrick sighed, “That’s all because of Robin. Dad, I think the patient Matt is working on is Robin. I don’t have any proof, just a feeling, but…”

Noah stopped him. “I trust your feelings. If you think Matt is with Robin then I believe you. It makes me feel better to know that one of us brilliant Drakes is there with her. Not only will Matt wake her from her coma, he’ll protect her from Jerry.”

“I know. I’m sure the documents are forged but there may be a trail through the filings we can use to find them. If we can narrow down the date he was released, then we can cross reference the flights and maybe figure out where they are.”

“Why not just ask the warden?”

“He wouldn’t have given it to us, I’m certain of that. Plus, he might tip Jerry off and he would move them before we could get there. No, we need to figure it out on our own. Hopefully...”

Noah interrupted, “we can figure out where they are and bring them home.”

Oh what the heck, tomorrow's my birthday but I'll give you the present of an extra chapter.

Chapter 9

“Dr. Hunter was released on the 18th at 1:00pm. This flight took off at 2:12pm and went to a small private island in the Caribbean. Spinelli gave me the coordinates.” Jason had gathered Patrick, Sam, Sonny, Robert, Anna, Nikolas, Noah and Mac together at Sonny’s penthouse to make a plan for the rescue of Robin and Matt. Max and Milo were taking care of Spencer, Danny, Emma and Robbie in the upstairs playroom.

Robert was a welcome addition to the group. He had been deep undercover thanks to a mission he was sent on by Victor. Anna had been trying for months to get a message to him and when she finally did he left the WSB and made it his life’s mission to bring his little girl home to her family. He spent as much time as possible with Robbie and Emma and used that time to show Emma places she could hide with her brother if bad men came in the house. He and Patrick even came up with code words to use to let Emma know it was safe to come out.

Patrick looked around the room and smiled. Only Robin could bring so many different people from so many different walks of life together for a common goal. A prince, mob enforcers, police commissioners, and surgeons all with one thing in common – they loved Robin. Soon they had a plan.

“I own a small island about 3 miles from this one” Sonny explained. “We can all fly out there on Nikolas’s jet. I have several small boats we can use to travel to Jerry’s place. Jason, Robert and Anna will be in charge of the recovery mission. Noah, I need you to stay at my house to set up for Robin. Even if she is out of the coma, she will still need help.”

Noah started to object but Patrick interrupted,” Dad he’s right. I would feel better if you were waiting to take care of Robin when we get back. We’ll have the cocktail with us and I don’t trust anyone else to take care of her. Not only that but what if one of us gets injured? Having you there ready to take care of us is the best use of your abilities.”

Patrick didn’t want to admit the real reason he wanted his dad to stay out of the way. His wife and his brother were already in the line of fire. If something should happen to Robin and Matt, at least he knew his father was safe.

Anna, Robert and Jason went over the specifics of the plan and then everyone went home for the night.  They were leaving at 5 in the morning and would be on the island by mid-afternoon. Hopefully tonight would be the last night he was away from Robin.

The children were being taken to a safe house with Max and Milo. They were told they were going on a fishing trip with the two bodyguards and Emma and Spencer were thrilled. The younger 2 boys didn’t understand but Sonny assured their parents that there would be plenty for all four children to do. Epiphany had been visiting with Milo and also volunteered to go. Patrick felt better knowing that. After all, even Jerry Jacks knew better to mess with Pip and all three would die before they let anything happen to the children.

After getting the kids belongings together and saying goodbye, Patrick lay in their bed and tried to sleep. He knew that he needed some rest before tomorrow but he couldn’t sleep. He hadn’t slept well since Robin had been taken from him but tonight was different. Tonight all he could think about was all the things that could go wrong tomorrow. What if Jerry has figured out they were coming? What if they were already gone? Has Matt been able to wake her? Does she have any memory loss? He was a neurologist; he knew the dangers of an extended coma.

Before he knew it, his alarm was going off. He hadn’t slept at all but he didn’t care. Today he would bring his wife home.

• Love 1

Chapter 10

Matt reviewed the notes one last time and then rubbed his eyes. He had barely slept in the past week since he had been brought here to save his sister-in-law but it would be worth it if this drug therapy worked. He could sleep after she was cured and home with her family. He took the vial from the centrifuge. It was ready.

He walked down the hall to Robin’s room. The physical therapist was just finishing up. Jerry had made sure that she had daily PT to avoid atrophy in the muscles. Matt walked over and prepared the injection.

“I thought I made it clear that I wanted to be here before any medicine was administered. I want mine to be first face she sees when she wakes up Dr. Hunter.” Jerry was not happy that he had to hear from a guard that Matt was headed to Robin’s room with the medicine.

“I apologize” Matt answered sarcastically, “I thought it was more important to give her the medicine and cure her.”

“I’ll let it go – this time Dr. Hunter. Please administer your treatment.”

“She won’t wake up right away; it may take up to 24 hours. I’ll let you know if anything changes.”

“I want to know the moment she begins to wake up – the exact moment!” Jerry stormed out of the room.

“You need to wake up Robin. You need to wake up so that we can make a plan and get you the hell out of here. We need to get you away from Jerry and home to Patrick and the kids.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Getting onto the island was surprisingly easy. The docks were unguarded and there were no cameras. They didn’t even see a guard until they approached the main building. The guard was relaxing in a chair by the front door and Jason took him out in 10 seconds flat. It was apparent that Jerry was convinced that he was perfectly safe and hidden and in no danger of being found. For once Jerry’s cockiness was working in their favor.

Patrick went inside the two-story complex with Sam, Jason and Nikolas. Mac, Anna and Robert were dealing with any outside guards and disabling the alarm system. Sonny had stayed behind with Noah to get things ready for Robin. Whether she was awake or still in a coma, she would need an exam and medical attention.  Noah was her best hope until they could get her to General Hospital for a full work up.

Patrick and Nikolas took the stairs to the second story and began their search. Walking down the hall, Patrick kept his eyes open and was listening intently for the sound of the heart monitor. He knew that even if Robin were awake she would still be hooked up to the machine. All of sudden he stopped. Signaling to Nikolas, Patrick opened the door to a room near the end of the hall.

“Matt!”

Matt sat up and smiled at the sight of his big brother standing in the doorway. He was rather shocked to also see a gun in his hands but Patrick quickly put it down and hugged his brother. Over Patrick’s shoulder Matt saw Nikolas standing guard just outside the door.

“Are you ok?”

“I’m fine, Patrick.”

He looked down at his wife, lying in the hospital bed, “And Robin? Were you able to…”

“I administered the treatment 4 hours ago. Jerry wants to know the minute she wakes up. He wants to be the first face she sees.” The disdain Matt felt for Jerry was evident to Patrick.

“We’re getting out of here. Unhook the IV bag; we’ll bring it with us. I have her drug protocol waiting with dad at Sonny’s house…”

“Don’t you ever say please?” Robin’s voice stopped Patrick’s orders. She sounded weak but aware of what was going on around her. He sighed in relief; he had waited over a year to hear that beautiful voice again.

He kissed her. “Welcome back, sleeping beauty. Not another word, just rest. Let’s get you home.”

All of a sudden there was a shot in the hallway and Nikolas was dragged out of sight. “Not so fast Dr. Drake. The only place dear Dr. Robin is going is with me.”

• Love 1

I am on a roll guys!

Chapter 11

“No.” Even in her weakened state Robin knew what was going on. She didn’t know how long she had been out, only that she wanted to go home with Patrick.

“Not this time Jerry. Robin and I are going home to our children. She is my wife, my life and I will not let you keep us apart anymore.” Patrick stood in front of Robin and then looked out through the doorway.  “What did you do to Nikolas?”

“Just a small tranquilizer, the prince may still be of use to me at a later time. Now that she has woken up, my little bird and I can start our life together.”

“No, please God, no.” Robin began to cry and Patrick turned around, picked her up and held her close. There was no way in hell that he was going to let her go now. No, one way or another this nightmare was over tonight.

“Jerry, I will kill you before I let you anywhere near her again.” Jerry did not doubt the sincerity of Patrick’s words. Jerry knew that his resources were limited at the complex. He needed to get away to his safe house to regroup and make new plans to reunite him with his beloved Robin. Jerry began retreating from the room.

“You know what Patty boy, you win – today. See, I love the thrill of the chase. So you can go home today but I am not giving up. You have won this battle but the war is far from over. Know this; in the end I will have her. So enjoy your time together – while it lasts.”

And then he was gone. Matt jumped up and ran to the door but Jerry had disappeared. He checked on Nikolas who was stirring already.

“Let’s get the hell out of here.” Patrick carried Robin down the hall and down the stairs. “I love you Robin.”

“I love you too. Let’s go home.”

At the bottom of the stairs they met up with Sam and Jason. Jason quickly contacted Anna and told her to meet them at the boats – they had Robin and Matt.

“Patrick, I’m so sorry.” Robin was still very weak but if she was trying to talk Patrick knew it was important.

“Sorry for what?”

“Gabriel…”

“Robin, no. It wasn’t your fault. Jerry and Victor had nothing to do with Gabriel’s death. It was an accident caused by a teenager who was high on drugs.” Patrick’s eyes filled with tears. “You are not responsible for what happened to Gabriel.”

Robin began to softly sob, partly from exhaustion but also from relief. She felt like a 2 ton weight had been removed from her shoulders. Patrick just held her, rubbing her back and offering her what she had been missing for so long – comfort and love. Within minutes she was sleeping soundly against his chest as the boat took them back to Sonny’s island.

• Love 1

Chapter 12

“Happy Birthday, dear Robbie. Happy Birthday to you!”

The crowd at Robbie’s 1st birthday party cheered as he sat in his mom’s lap giggling. Together, Robin and Patrick “helped” Robbie blow out his candle.

Patrick was still smiling as he watched Robin put Robbie in his high chair to attack his little cake. Emma was already getting his presents open, staying close to her mom’s side. Since Robin had come home 4 months ago Emma rarely left her side. They just recently had moved the children into their own bedrooms and not without a lot of anxiety and tears from everyone but Robbie. He adjusted quite well to being in his own room. Emma took a little longer to adjust but Patrick and Robin were the worst. Both still lived in fear that Jerry would take the children to get to Robin. Sleep was difficult to come by and they ended up taking turns watching over the children. Their only hope was that someday Jerry would be stopped and they could finally have a normal life.

Robin was returning to work next week. Dr. Obrecht had been let go after it was discovered that she had been working with the Victor Cassadine & Victor had blackmailed certain board members into giving her the Chief of Staff position. Monica Quartermaine was reinstated as Chief of Staff and had assured Robin that there would be a job there for her when she was ready to return. Robin wanted to wait until after Robbie’s first birthday so she could spend some time with her children. She had already missed so much thanks to Jerry and his obsession.

Robin was also in therapy for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She knew she had been lying to herself after she came back from being held by Jerry and Faison, telling herself that she was fine. Part of the reason she agreed to help when Victor asked was because she was scared that they would fake her death again if she said no – something that she didn’t tell Patrick. Sure it was framed as a choice but deep inside she knew one way or another Victor would take her. Her “choosing” to leave was another effort to protect Emma and Patrick. After several weeks of therapy, she finally explained the reason she had left to Patrick. As much as he hated it, he completely understood why she did what she did. She had done it to protect him and Emma and he could never blame her for protecting then.

“What are you thinking about?” Smiling, Robin came up behind Patrick and wrapped her arms around his waist. Patrick was in the kitchen getting the ice cream.

“How lucky I am to have you, Emma and Robbie. You know, I was thinking about the first day I met you. I was in the OR consulting…”

“Excuse me, nailing a student nurse.” Robin chuckled.

“Anyway, you came in full of fire and demanding my full attention and I was gone. Done for completely. Even still, if you had told me then that we would be here now at our son’s first birthday party with our little girl – I would have said you were crazy. You, Emma and Robbie are everything I never knew I wanted.” He reached around and pulled his beautiful wife around to his front so she was in his arms facing him. “I was petrified that I would never find you, that he had succeeded in keeping you away from me. I want you to know that no matter what happens, I will do everything in my power to keep you and our children safe. I will not be separated from you again. I love you, beyond reason.”

Robin hugged Patrick close. “And I love you, beyond reason.” She looked up at him, “so let’s go help our kids eat some cake and ice cream and open presents. And then later, after the kids go to bed, we’ll have our own celebration.” She smiled and winked at him.

“I think that is the best idea I have heard in a long time.” Taking her hand and grabbing the ice cream, they headed back into the dining room.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Jerry watched from a safe distance at the party going on. He had thought bringing the children to Robin would be a good idea but had since changed his mind. No, they would be too great a distraction to his plans for her. The best solution to the problem was to leave the children with Patty boy and take Robin with him. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t use the children to help get to Robin. They were her weakness and he would use them to get her.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 1

Chapter 13

“Are you available for a consult?” Patrick’s eyes sparkled as he took in the sight of his wife sitting behind her desk. This was how it should be – the two of them working together at GH. Her, the brilliant researcher using her drug therapies to shrink the tumors before he, the brilliant surgeon, safely and expertly removes them with his wife in the OR assisting him.

Robin smiled at her husband. “A true consult or a “consult”?” she asked giggling.

“Maybe both.” Patrick came up to Robin and spun her around in her chair. Then, picking her up, he moved he to the couch and began kissing her.

“Well in that case…” was all she got our before Patrick silenced her with another kiss. God, she had missed this. Not just the physical closeness but the emotional closeness. They were so in tune with each other that sometimes a single look would say everything. She never wanted this closeness to end.

“Uh, uh.” Noah cleared his throat. Patrick and Robin looked up and saw Noah and Matt both standing at the now opened door. “Sorry to interrupt but thought you might want to say hi to your brother on his first day back.”

Robin laughed and put her forehead on Patrick’s chest and he rested his chin on her head. He had completely forgotten about Matt’s first day back. As soon as Matt had returned home, a video was sent to the PCPD showing that Lisa was still alive after her fight with Matt and that Jerry had come back and killed Lisa in retaliation for her attempts to hurt Robin. It was Jerry’s thank you for waking Robin from her coma. Matt’s conviction was overturned and he was able to get his medical license reinstated. It had been a long road but it looked like everything was finally falling into place.

Getting up, Robin crossed the room and gave her brother-in-law a hug. “Welcome back. I’m just sorry that Jerry’s obsession cost you so much.”

Matt hugged her tight. “Robin, it is not your fault. None of this is. It is all on Jerry. Speaking of that bastard, any word yet? Have they found him?”

She shook her head sadly as Patrick came up and wrapped his arms around her, once again resting his chin on her head. She never felt as safe and secure as when he was holding her like that.

“Not yet. Robert and Anna have had a few leads but nothing has panned out yet.”

Noah quickly changed the subject. “Hey, I heard both of my grandkids are here today.”

“Yeah, teacher institute so Robbie and Emma are both at the daycare today. Hey, why don’t I go get the kids and the 6 of us go to Kelly’s for lunch?” Robin was suddenly hungry for a cheeseburger and fries.

Patrick readily agreed. “Lunch with the family sounds great. I have to check on a patient and I’ll meet you there?”

“Sounds great – see you in 15 at Kelly’s?” Robin left to go get Emma and Robbie.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Robin headed to the daycare center. She was looking forward to getting the kids and spending some time with them. She didn’t have any appointments this afternoon and was thinking about just taking the rest of the day off and heading to the park with the kids. She loved her work but the kids and Patrick were her priority.

She was passing by the supply closet when a hand grabbed her and pulled her in. After a brief struggle she felt a needle go into her neck.

Right before she passed out she hit the button in her pocket lining that her parents had insisted she have added to all her clothing. The signal that would let her family know that she was in trouble and track where she was being taken.

Edited by cmahorror

Chapter 14

Noah and Matt were at Kelly’s 30 minutes later chatting away when Patrick came in.

“Sorry I’m so late, took longer than I thought. Where are Robin and the kids?”

Noah and Matt looked at each other. They had lost track of time talking and hadn’t realized that Robin was running late. Patrick realized very quickly that they didn’t know where she was.

“Call the day care; I’m calling Anna and Robert.” He no sooner got the words out when his phone rang. “Hello?”

“Hello, Patty Boy.” Patrick fell into a chair. No, not again.

“No, I will be by to pick them up in just a few minutes. Do not let them go with anyone but me and Matt.” Patrick heard his father talking to the director and knew that at least the kids were safe.

“You bastard.”

“Now, now. I have left you the children and I have no intention of separating them from you. Robin and I will create our own family. She is a beautiful and intelligent woman after all and it worked out very well for you and her. I think she will be very receptive to my plans once I promise her that you, Emma and Robbie will be guaranteed safe in return. I get my little bird and a little piece of immortality and you and the children live in peace. Seems like a win-win to me.”

Patrick’s stomach was in knots. Using him and the kids to force Robin to have his child – the man was mad. “Listen to me, I know every nerve and muscle on the human body and I know how to make you suffer. If you touch her, if you even attempt to follow through on what you are planning, I will make you suffer greater agony than you have ever known. I will make you suffer and then I will kill you with my bare hands.” Noah and Matt were shocked by Patrick’s words. They had never heard him so controlled and angry. The sincerity in his voice made it clear he meant every word he said.

“Very good Dr. Drake, I truly believe you. Too bad you will never be able to find me and follow through on your threat. Goodbye Patty boy.”

Patrick had just hung up when Anna came running through the door. “Anna, how did you know…”

Anna interrupted, “Matt called me. Robin set off the tracking device. Robert and Mac are tracing it right now. They have road blocks up and an APB is going out right now. He will not leave town with her.”

“We have to find him – now. He is planning to, Anna, he wants to… force Robin to have his child.” Patrick almost couldn’t get the words out.

“That bastard. We will stop him. He will not lay a hand on our girl. Look at me Patrick. We will find him and we will stop him.”

Chapter 15

“Damn it, damn it, damn it!” Jerry couldn’t believe it. How could they have gotten the road blocks up so quickly? Fortunately he had spotted it and quickly took a side road, driving until he found a little cabin to break into. Bringing his little bird in, he laid her down on the bed and tied her to it. He had only brought one shot with him since he was sure he would be at his safe house before she awakened but he had used that at the hospital. Robin was a fighter and he needed to be in control of her while he explained the plan.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Robin woke up slowly. She was bound to a bed and there was a gag in her mouth. Her head hurt and her mouth was dry. She started to focus in on her surroundings and quickly figured out that she was in a cabin in the woods. She took in the room. There was a stove, refrigerator, and kitchen table. It appeared to be a one room cabin from what she could see. But where was she? Was she still in Port Charles?

The one thing she knew with absolute certainty who had brought her here. It was Jerry; there was no doubt in her mind.

“Hello little bird.” Robin’s stomach turned. “Still as beautiful as ever. Sorry for the crude surroundings but the police were a little more on top of things than I would have hoped.” Jerry sat down on the bed and stroked Robin’s face as she struggled to pull away from him.

“I have such plans for us. Let me explain. Right now, your children and Patty boy are safe. I have no intentions of separating Emma and Robbie from Patrick. They are safe and healthy and will remain so, on one condition. See, I want what you and Patrick have.” He continued stroking her face as he spoke. “You have two beautiful pieces of immortality, Emma and Robbie. That’s what I want, for you and me to create another wonderful child. And we will or I will take your children. And since they only need one father…”

Tears streamed down Robin’s face. He knew how to get to her, knew that she would do anything to protect Patrick and their children.

“So do we have a deal?”

Robin nodded her head in agreement, praying she could stall him at the cabin until her parents and Patrick found her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We found her. She is on Route 78, about 30 miles east from the hospital. He must have seen the road block and pulled off the road. “ Mac relayed the news to Anna as she and Patrick headed down that very road.

“Mac, we are about 10 minutes from there. Has the signal stopped moving?”

“Yes. Robert and I are headed out – we’ll meet you there. I think there are some cabins out there and he may be holed up in one with her.”

“Alright, we’ll see you shortly.” Patrick and Anna concentrated on the road in front of them looking for any place, down every driveway, anywhere that Jerry might be hiding. Time was of the essence. They had not told Mac or Robert about Jerry’s plans for Robin. They had to stop Jerry before it was too late.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerry removed the gag from Robin’s mouth, smiling. He was ecstatic. The woman he loved had agreed to have a child with him. He lay down on the bed next to her and gazed lovingly into her eyes. “This child will be the best of both of us.” He began stroking her stomach, already imaging their child growing inside her. “He will be smart, beautiful, and strong.” Robin had never been so repulsed by anyone in her life.

“Shall we get started? I’d really hoped to make things more, shall we say, romantic for us.” Robin’s repulsion turned to fear as she began to understand the meaning behind Jerry’s words. Surely, he couldn’t expect her to…

“What? Jerry, you’ll expose yourself to HIV – you don’t want that.”

“I am well aware of the risks but I think it’s worth it. I have post exposure prophylactics waiting at our final destination. Your viral load is virtually undetectable. You see my dear, I have thought of everything. Let’s get started.” Jerry said as he began unbuttoning her blouse.

Dear God, this was really happening. Robin struggled to get free and began screaming for help as loud as she could. Please, let someone find me soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick saw the car in the driveway before Anna did. “There! That’s them, I know it!”

Anna didn’t even question her son-in-law. Robin and Patrick had a connection that few people could ever conceive of, let alone know. If her son-in-law said that’s where Jerry was holding Robin, it was.

Anna handed Patrick a gun from her glove box. Armed, they both got out of the car and walked towards the cabin. They were halfway up the drive when they heard Robin scream.

Five seconds later they were through the front door of the cabin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerry was so focused on Robin and undressing her that he didn’t notice the door to the cabin fly open but Robin did. Seeing her husband and mother standing in the doorway Robin did the only thing she could think of – she head butted Jerry. Stunned, he fell off the bed. He started to get up only to hear Anna tell him to stop. Jerry made a move towards Robin but a bullet to his right shoulder stopped him.

Patrick jumped over Jerry and to the bed. In no time he had Robin untied. He picked her up and took her across the room, out of the cabin and put her in Anna’s car to check her out.

“I’m fine. Patrick, look at me, he didn’t get the chance to do anything. You stopped him. I’m fine.” Patrick really looked at Robin, smiled and kissed her – hard. Tears filled both their eyes as they looked at each other. “You need gloves before you look at my wrists or feet.” Patrick pulled a pair out of his pocket.

“Have I ever told you how incredibly sexy it is that you are always prepared?”

“Well, I was a Boy Scout.” Robin laughed at him.

“No, you weren’t. But I knew you would find me and save me. He’s insane, the things he was saying…” All of a sudden a shot rang out from the cabin.
Robin and Patrick raced to the door and found Jerry lying on the floor dead – one bullet to the head.

“He jumped at me to try and escape. I was aiming for his other shoulder but he moved at the last second.” Anna did not look at all sorry that she had killed him.

• Love 1

Final Chapter - thanks!

Chapter 16

It had been two months since Jerry’s death. Anna had been cleared of any wrong doing in Jerry’s death thanks to corroborating statements from Patrick and Robin. Both had chosen to say they were in the cabin when Jerry was shot and completely backed Anna’s version of what happened. However, Anna had chosen to retire as police commissioner to spend more time with her daughter and grandchildren. Mac was reinstated as police commissioner but was training Dante Falconeri to take over the position in two years. Despite being the son of a mobster, Dante was an excellent detective who had proven himself time and again. As an added bonus, Dante was also endorsed by the mayor. Sure the mayor was Mac’s wife Felicia but nobody seemed to notice or care about that.

Robin and Patrick were both back at work and settling back in to a routine and a normal life for the first time in years. No more guards watching their every move, but they decided to keep the security system for the house. Better safe than sorry.

Emma and Robbie were also settled into a routine. Robin and Patrick cut back on their on-call time and concentrated on creating a stable home for their children. Home at night, dinner at 6, weekends spent together running errands, going places and sometimes staying in watching tv and playing games. It was the life they had both wanted and they were finally able to have it.

Patrick was in the middle of discussing a new case on the phone when Anna came into his office. He waved his mother-in-law in and watched as she locked the door and sat down. He hung up and waited for her to speak.

“We need to talk. Do you have time now?”

“For you, anytime.”

“You know, they say confession is good for the soul. I guess I am here to confess.”

“Anna, I am not a priest – far from it.”

Anna smiled at him. “No, but you are the only person who can understand what I did and why I did it.”

Patrick sat up in his chair. He knew what this was about. Anna was going to tell him what happened in the cabin with Jerry.

FLASHBACK

“Nice shot commissioner.  You know, I believe I may have underestimated you and Patty boy.”

“Yes, I imagine you did.”

“You know this is just a temporary setback. I’ll go to the hospital, get fixed up and then what do you think will happen? Do you honestly think I’ll go to jail? No, I am very sure that I will be free shortly. I know a lot of people dear commissioner. And then I can get back to my plans with my dear Robin. Just think, if you are really lucky in a couple of years Robin and I will give you at least one more grandchild, maybe two.”

Anna raised her gun just a little bit higher.

“Really commissioner – you would kill an unarmed man in cold blood?”

“Yes, when he is a threat to my daughter and my grandchildren. She will never be safe as long as you are alive.”

“You are right. You see, there is a connection between my little bird and I that you cannot break. Sure, I shot her but she survived. I have come to believe that she survived so we could be together. So you see commissioner, no matter what you do, I will have my Robin. One way or another, she will be mine.”

END FLASHBACK

“And I knew. I knew right then that there was only one way to free Robin from that bastard. I had to do it. So I pulled the trigger and I don’t regret it. Men like Jerry and Faison don’t stop until they are dead.”

“Anna, thank you.” Anna was stunned. Patrick got up and walked around the desk. She thought there would some surprise or shock but Patrick was perfectly calm. Patrick took Anna’s hand in his. “Let me explain. I knew what happened. Maybe not the exact words but I knew he used Robin to provoke you. Let me also assure

you that even if you hadn’t killed him, Jerry was not leaving that cabin alive. If I had to pull the trigger, I would have gladly. You are right; his death was the only way to ensure Robin’s safety. I may have hated myself for it but to save Robin and our children, I would have done it.”

Anna was shocked by Patrick’s admission. “Patrick, I know you would do anything for our girl and your children. But I am glad that it was me and not you that took Jerry out of this world. You have dedicated yourself to saving lives and I never want anyone to take that from you. If you had killed Jerry, it would have destroyed a part of you and then he would have won. Let’s be glad that things went down the way they did. We can both live with ourselves and Robin, Emma and Robbie are safe.” Anna stood up. “Speaking of which, let’s all have dinner tonight – my treat?”

Patrick stood and hugged his mother-in-law. “Dinner sounds great – Kelly’s? Early though, Emma has school tomorrow.”

“Sounds great – see you at 6?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick walked down the hall to Robin’s office. He wasn’t lying – he had been fully prepared to kill Jerry. The man had stolen so much of his and Robin’s lives and was not going to give up, ever. Death was the only way to stop him. He was grateful that he didn’t have to pull that trigger, but not upset at all that the man was dead.

He opened the door to Robin’s office and saw she was deep in thought staring at the computer. Closing and locking door, Patrick walked over to her side of the desk and kissed her neck.

“Ooh, you’d better be careful. My husband works here.”

“That’s why I locked the door.”

Robin giggled and turned around to face her husband. She took Patrick’s face in her hands and kissed him. He returned the kiss as he picked her up off the chair and carried her over to the couch.

“I have an appointment in 10 min…”

“With your husband. I managed to block off some time on your calendar. We have the next 70 minutes to ourselves.”

“I love it when you think ahead and I love you, Patrick Drake, beyond reason.” Robin laughed and bit her lower lip.

“And I love you, Robin Scorpio-Drake, beyond reason.”

The End

• Love 2

Franco sipped his champagne slowly as he looked at Carly across the table. She had no idea. To her, to everyone, he was Robert Frank, painter. Serial killer. They were so stupid and delusional. At first, he really didn't want to do it, but someone had to work with Jordan Ashford, DEA agent to take down Sonny Corinthos. The PCPD were bungling everything. So, he, Thomas Stephens, Federal Agent was on the case. It was fairly easy. Pretend to be a dead serial killer, then infiltrate Sonny's organization through the easiest way- his constant cover, Carly Jax. He'd already learned so much. He'd already accomplished so much. It wasn't easy keeping his cover hidden. The art therapy job he'd managed to procure allowed him to secretly meet with Anna and Jordan to stratagize. But he'd already learned that Sonny Corinthos murdered AJ Quartermaine in cold blood. He had hard evidence to allow the commissoner to finally lock the mobster up for good. And Carly trusted him. And Sonny didn't think he was a threat.

"Honey, Franco," Carly said, kissing him, "I can't wait for out October wedding." Thomas swallowed hard. He'd gotten used to doing things for his job. He smirked. Kissing this woman was a part of it.

"Neither can I," he smiled. Thomas reached in his pocket and felt his handcuffs. Soon. AJ Quartermaine. His son. The people Sonny and Carly hurt. They'd all get justice.

"So, are we um going to wear costumes, " Carly laughed as she stabbed a piece of red velvet cake, "You know, break out our masks. Get in up to my whiskers. Have a real bash."

Thomas looked at the red cake. It reminded him of another one of Sonny's victims, a red haired college kid named Karen Wexler, whom he'd gotten adddicted to pills and stripping. The list was so long. His children, his wives. They were all on it. Carly was on it, but he couldn't feel sorry for a woman who kept covering for a monster and allowing her kids to get hurt by him. Plus, Carly, he'd learned was no angel. Johnny Zacahara was more than willing to give them info, and he secured an early protective release for him. Hell, even Jasper Jax gave him info.

"Yes, Carly, "he replied with a dry smile, "We will be wearing our masks. And I can asssure, you are deep into your whiskers in something you can't get out of." Carly smiled at him. She was so stupid. Even if he really was Franco, faithful twit, he still knew she slept with Sonny. The evidence was everywhere. Carly's mother was a terrible liar.

Thomas sunk into his chair as he watched Carly slink off behind the bar. She was grabbing his presents. Oh God, he thought to himself. On Halloween, he'd have the biggest gift of all. Arresting Sonny and Carly, giving justice to this town and that broken family. It disgusted him. Sonny swept into the town and destroyed not only random lives, but families and a town. Then he stayed and created his own family and fed on them. Destroyed them. Thomas thought of his own dead wife. He would never ever have dreamed of harming a hair on her head. He thought about his sons and his daughter. They were safe, happy, and in good colleges. He never did anything to put them in prison, stole their girlfriends, nor got them blown up. Hell, he had a pet cat named Sgt. Meowski and a cat sitter he treated better than Sonny and Carly treated the people in their lives.

"This one, "Carly said, shaking a red and black box, " "Is from Kiki! Open it!" She thrust the large box in his face. Thomas forced a smile. Kiki was a college kid he was forced to befriend for information and to at first protect. She was close to Carly's sons, most importantly AJ Quartermaine's son. He needed that connect to protect the kid when he arrested Sonny for murdering his real father. Sure, Micheal hated him because he thought he was Franco, but once he learned the truth, he'd hopefully come around.

"I, um, " Thomas said, grabbing his phone, "gotta check my phone. Dr. O called during the party."

"I thought Dr. O loved you," Carly laughed, "Like she has a crush on you." Thomas smirked at her. Dr. O was another mission. She was another arrest.

"Well, " Thomas swallowed, "She's on the warpath. Something about Liz Webber. That nurse." Carly nodded her head. Thomas snuck out to the balcony and looked at his phone. Two messages from Jordan. One from Anna. Three from his kids. One from Kiki. He noticed Carly was watching. That's okay. He was watching her too. He listened to his messages. Anna's daughter was off to Paris, voluntarily. Bullshit. He texted her asking if she wanted a trail put on her. He then called Jordan.

"Make sure you keep clear, "he said, smiling, "Everything is set for Halloween like we planned. Trick or treat." He hung up and walked back in.

Working with the current storyline - please let me know if you are interested in me continuing the story. All comments are welcome!

Prologue

“Subject #1265 update – Subject still under control, nightly sleep conditioning to reinforce suggestion. We will continue with this course of treatment.” Dr. Liesel Obrecht smiled as she finished recording her notes.

Dr. Obrecht had begun this experiment 5 months ago and was surprised by the resistance the subject had shown. One moment he was still in love with his wife and certain if she came home they could work something out and the next he was following his programming and declaring his marriage done. Their love and bond was stronger than she had expected but he was now towing the company line. It was surprising that such a dog could show such loyalty.

Smiling, she began sliding her notes into the subject’s folder, right next to the picture of Patrick Drake.

“Subject #1297 update – Subject still under control, nightly sleep conditioning to reinforce suggestion. We will continue with this course of treatment.”

This subject had surprised Dr. Obrecht. Obrecht thought that she would be far more resistant to the programming but in fact she seemed to be far more pliable than Dr. Drake. Her reaction had been better than expected. Samantha Morgan was definitely full of possibilities.

Poor Anna, not only has she lost her daughter but if Obrecht played her cards right, she would also lose her granddaughter. A little more work on Patrick and her revenge would be complete.

Chapter 1

“My dear Dr. Scorpio-Drake, oh I’m sorry, I believe it is just Scorpio now.”

Robin glared at her captor. She knew that Helena loved torturing her any way she could and Robin endured it to keep Patrick and Emma safe. She was willing to let them think the worst of her if it meant that Helena would leave them alone to live their lives.

Robin knew she had two choices, rise to the bait or just ignore her. She leaned over her microscope and continued to study her slide.

“If you would leave me alone I would be able to accomplish what you want much faster.”

“But I thought you would want an update on your loved ones back home.”

Robin’s head snapped up.

“Oh, I thought so. Jason has woken up after massive reconstructive surgery. Between the damage to his vocal cords when that intubation tube was ripped from his throat and the surgery, no one recognizes him. Not only that, but he has amnesia. Sorry little bird, he won’t be coming to your rescue.”

Robin sighed. At least he was alive and as long as Jason was alive there was still hope he would remember everything that had happened at the clinic.
“Dear Emma, still sad and missing you, but you know that. You should be grateful that you are allowed to still speak to her and show a little more gratitude.”

Robin just shook her head. “Because of you I am not able to hold my little girl and make her feel better. She thinks I abandoned her for my work!”

“Now, now Dr. Scorpio – what you are doing is for her, to protect her and that dog of an ex-husband. Do you know he has already moved on with the widow Morgan?”

Robin looked confusedly at Helena. “Patrick and Sam? That doesn’t even make sense. They’re barely friends.”

“Nevertheless, they have been working together to track down who convinced that Rafe boy to run Patrick’s car off the road and that brought them together. They even took a trip together, to Amsterdam. Supposedly it was to follow a lead on the case but they did share a room…and a bed.”

To say Robin was shocked would be an understatement. If he had turned to Sabrina, that would make sense but Sam?

“Wait, you said they were following a lead on the accident? Are they…?” Robin didn’t want to get her hopes up.

“Sorry dear Robin, but they think that Luke Spencer is behind the accident. He has been acting rather peculiar since his time in that insane asylum, but to think he would be smart enough to pull that off?” Helena laughed at the notion. “No one is coming to the rescue this time.”

Robin was at her wits end. “I don’t understand, the work you are having me do – I can think of at least a dozen other scientists who could do it and be here willingly. You don’t need me!”

“Oh, but I do. My plans for you are more personal in nature and you are the only person for the job. For now, I shall leave you to your slides.”

With that, Helena breezed back out of the lab, leaving an upset and very confused Robin to wonder what exactly Helena had planned for her.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 1

Chapter 2

This damn headache was getting worse and worse. For the past 3 hours he had been bordering on a migraine and he was at the tipping point. He was beginning to think it was stress induced. Patrick had heard Emma talking to Robin earlier and both of them had been crying. Emma had had a bad day at school and all she wanted was her Mommy to hold her and tell her everything was alright. Robin was crying because she wasn’t there. He didn’t get it – if Robin was so upset, why didn’t she come home?

She certainly wasn’t acting like she was a broken woman, unable to be a Mom when she was talking to Emma. No matter what she had told him, there was always this nagging doubt in the back of his head. It was usually after he heard Robin’s voice and then the headache would come. Definitely not neurological, stress induced.

He just needed some sleep. He’ll take a couple of aspirin, get Emma to bed and get some sleep – everything will make more sense in the morning.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

“This all Anna and Robert’s fault. If they hadn’t abandoned Robin when she was a child, she would not have abandoned Emma. I will take Emma and we will build a new family with Danny and Sam. Anna needs to stay away from Emma. She is too dangerous for Emma to be around.”

These words played in a loop all night. Dr. Obrecht watched Patrick on the video screen, tossing and turning, lost in a nightmare. He kept saying Robin’s name over and over. No matter what she did, Robin was still there haunting him.

It didn’t matter. As long as those feelings stayed in the background and he continued doing what he was told, Liesel would have her revenge and Helena would be happy. She didn’t want to work for that woman but she didn’t have a choice. Very few people scared Dr. Obrecht but Helena Cassadine was one of them.

When Helena had first approached her with the brainwashing plan, Liesel had been shocked to say the least. Why the hell did Helena even care about Patrick Drake and Sam Morgan? In the long run it didn’t matter – Helena, like her brother Victor, was extremely dangerous and well connected. She could destroy Liesel’s life with a single word and she knew it.

Getting to Sam was easy – the woman lived alone with her son. Sure Dr. Clay had stayed over every once in a while but that problem had been solved with sudden appearance of Dr. Clay’s dead wife. After that, the programming was begun.

Patrick was a little more difficult. Emma wasn’t a baby, she could tell if she saw someone in the house that shouldn’t be there. But the accident Victor had arranged provided the perfect opportunity to get Patrick’s treatment started. A few hours alone in his office and suddenly Patrick was having all sorts of doubts about his wife. Exhaustion and grief just helped the process along.

Obrecht turned back to the screen and sipped from the cup of coffee she was holding. It was going to be a long night.

• Love 2

Chapter 3

“What do you want Mother?” Britt Westbourne was frustrated. She and Nikolas were finally in a good place. She had moved back in to Wyndamere and her practice was stronger than ever.

“I only want to help you. I think it is time for Mother to assist you in securing your future with your Prince.”

“And what do you propose I do?”

“It is quite simple Britta. You give him a child.” She saw Britt’s face light up and knew she had her. “I will do everything, you just have to get me a couple of things and I will do the rest.”

Britt was confused. She loved Nikolas and wanted nothing more than to have a life with him but what her mother was suggesting was dangerous and could blow up in her face. But, they were sharing a bed and it wouldn’t be that hard to get what her mother needed for the procedure. Nikolas still wasn’t sure and this would guarantee her the future and stability she craved and needed.

In the end, Britt’s fears won out as she turned to her mother. “When do you want to get started?”

____________________________________________________________________________________

Robin’s day had been horrible. Poor Emma was so upset and all she wanted to do was hold her and tell it was going to be alright. But she couldn’t do it. All she could do was assure Emma that she did love her and that she always would. It wasn’t enough but it would have to do until Robin could escape Helena’s clutches.

“Your dinner.” The guard brought the tray in and Robin started eating. Chicken with asparagus and stuffing. At least she was being well fed. She ate without tasting.

After she finished her meal she took her meds on schedule. She had been able to maintain her protocol because they needed her healthy to continue her work.

Suddenly Robin was very sleepy, she could barely keep her eyes open.

“I’ll just lay down for a second.” Robin said out loud to herself.

She was out before her head hit the pillow.

Helena walked into the room and instructed the guard to pick up Robin and bring her with them.

Robin never even stirred.

• Love 1

Chapter 4

3 Months Later

“Nikolas, we need to talk.” Britt was nervous but happy.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Nikolas looked at his girlfriend and smiled. They had been through a lot together and there was nothing she could say that would surprise him.

“Nothing, I least I hope you don’t think it’s wrong. Nikolas, I’m pregnant!”

“Really?” Nikolas looked at her and slowly started smiling. “I’m going to be a father again. That’s great news!” He picked Britt her up and swung her around. “Sorry, got carried away there.”

Nikolas put his hands on Britt’s still smooth stomach. “I didn’t upset you there, did I?” Britt giggled at him.

“How far along are you?”

“Almost 3 months. Are you sure your okay with this?”

“Okay? I’m ecstatic. This is a miracle.”

Britt smiled and hugged Nikolas close. Maybe her mother was right, maybe this baby is exactly what she needed to do to get Nikolas to stay with her forever.

_____________________________________________________________________________________-

Robin’s alarm went off. She was in middle of taking her nightly pills when Helena walked in.

“My dear Robin, how are you doing?”

It had been a month since she had seen Helena and she hadn’t missed her one bit.

“What, like you care?”

“Of course I care. You have to stay healthy for all my wonderful plans for you.”

Robin’s stomach twisted into knots. Every time Helena mentioned her “plans” for Robin she couldn’t help but feel like her world would be ending soon.

“But you have been working very hard so I decided to bring you a visitor. Bring him in.”

The guards came in with a man, tied up and with a bag over his head. The guards pushed him into a chair and removed the bag.

“Nikolas!”

“Robin, are you okay?”

“She is fine. Now, the guards will untie you and you two can play catch up.” With a wave of her hands, the guards did her bidding and then they all left the room.

Robin ran over to Nikolas and hugged him. He responded in kind, holding her close and stroking her hair.

“Robin, please tell me what is going on? Patrick said you left him and Emma? He is telling everyone that you chose to move to Paris and start a new life without them.”

“It was all a lie. Victor and Helena arranged the accident that killed Patrick’s son and they have people watching Patrick and Emma all the time. Either I do what they want or they will hurt them. I couldn’t risk it so I went along did what I was told.”

“Damn them! Robin I am so sorry. You have been through so much and now with Patrick and Sam…”

“I know they have been seeing each other. It’s ok. I signed the divorce papers and he has a right to move on but there is something you should know Nikolas.”

The guards burst in and pulled them apart. They grabbed a struggling Nikolas and dragged him out the door. Helena came back in.

“You and my grandson will get more time together as long as you continue to do your work. Also, please do not mention anything to him about Mr. Morgan. As far as Port Charles is concerned, his name is Jake Smith and he and your good friend Elizabeth Webber have started quite the romance. Let sleeping dogs lie.”

Helena left and Robin kicked the stool. She was so damn angry, frustrated and confused. Why the hell would Helena drag Nikolas into this?

• Love 1

Chapter 5

“I don’t get it Nikolas.”

“What? If we are going to be stuck here together we might as well be able to have some fun.”

“I just don’t understand why Helena is doing this – why she is letting us spend time together outside of the lab?”

Nikolas smiled at her. They were allowed to go outside and take a walk as a reward for all of Robin’s hard work and even take a picnic lunch with them. Sitting by the electric fence wasn’t the best view, but it did beat the lab.

Over the past 5 months, Helena had allowed Nikolas into the lab to spend time with his old friend. This little bit of contact with her old life had kept Robin sane along with her occasional highly monitored calls to Emma. Nikolas had convinced Helena to also keep Robin up on what was going on with Emma through pictures and videos but all information about Patrick ceased. He was moving on with Sam and she had to accept that.

"Robin, do you ever think about what you are going to do after you get out of here? I mean, besides getting home to Emma?”

“You mean with Patrick? I don’t know. He’s with Sam now. If I can get out of here and let him know the truth, that I was protecting him and Emma I don’t know that it would make a difference.”

Nikolas smiled and took Robin’s hand in his. “Robin, he has a new life now but I have an idea that may help you reunite with Emma. My grandmother has always had an admiration for you. In fact, she has told me several times that she thinks you would be the perfect partner for a Cassadine. This may sound crazy but I think I may be able to get her to let us head back to Port Charles if you agree to marry me.”

Robin looked at Nikolas like he was crazy. “Come on, we tried that years ago with Jerry Jax and no one bought it. Why would anyone buy it now?”

Nikolas smiled at Robin. “Just think about it. We do love each other, maybe not romantically but it is still love. We are both parents now and you and Emma would both be protected.”

“But are you willing to throw away your chance at happiness?”

“Robin, we could be happy together. We have known each other for over 20 years. I know Patrick is your true love and Emily was mine but maybe we can create something else. Not better, but different and good. What do you say Robin Anna Devane Scorpio Drake, will you marry me?”

Robin swallowed hard and thought. She had lost Patrick but this may be her only shot at being able to finally be with her daughter permanently.

“Yes, I will marry you.”

• Love 1

Chapter 6

Britt looked around the hospital room. She had been a prisoner at for the last almost 6 months. She was nearing the end of her pregnancy and all she wanted was to get out of here and back home to Nikolas.

She didn’t understand what had happened. Days after she told Nikolas she was pregnant she was taken from Wyndamere and brought here. She was given all the proper medical she needed to care for her pregnancy and her baby boy was thriving. She was a week away from giving birth and she wanted Nikolas to find them and bring them home.

Helena Cassadine strode into the room and looked disdainfully at Britt. “We have scheduled your C-section for tomorrow. Soon the newest Cassadine will be born and take his rightful place with his father and brother in Port Charles.”

“And what about me?”

“You – you are nothing. The only reason you are being allowed to live is because your mother begged for it. You will stay here as a doctor but you will never see Nikolas again.”

“But what about my baby?”

“Oh my dear, this isn’t your baby. This child is no more yours than Ben, I’m sorry, Rocco’s was. No, this child is special, the uniting of two very strong, intelligent and special families.”

“No, my mother would never…”

“She most certainly would and she did. See you in the morning Dr. Westbourne.”

Britt collapsed on the bed crying. It couldn’t be true – not again. She was crying so hard that she almost didn’t notice when her water broke.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

“Push!”

Britt had been in labor for 18 hours and was finally dilated to 10 centimeters. It had been grueling and they refused to give her any painkillers. She pushed with all her might. She was exhausted but she knew she had to keep going – he was almost here.

“Here’s the head. Keep pushing...you is doing great!” The doctor was encouraging Britt as best she could. “Here are the shoulders, he’s here!” The baby’s wail filled the room. The nurses grabbed him, cleaned him up and wrapped him up in a blue blanket.

Britt barely had time to think as she watched one of the nurse’s take him out of the room.

“Where is my baby? No, bring him to me.” Britt cried as she watched the child she had just carried for almost 9 months disappear from sight.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Helena held the baby boy in her arms and walked into the nursery she had set up. As she laid him down in the waiting bassinet, she heard footsteps behind her and smiled.

“Come here and see your son.”

Nikolas walked over and smiled down at his baby boy.

“Look at him Grandmother. He is perfect. That’s my nose, but the rest,” he said smiling and gently rubbing his son’s dark brown hair,” is your Mommy. He is pure Robin.”

• Love 2

Chapter 7

Patrick and Sam were sitting on the couch when the phone rang.

“Hello.” Patrick paused as Anna’s voice came on the line.

“Patrick, we really need to talk. I know you think you are doing what is best for Emma but…”

Patrick interrupted Anna, “She is my daughter Anna. Now that Robin is gone, she is counting on me to keep Emma safe. Thanks to your past, my ex-wife and my daughter have both been subjected to numerous threats. Robin has been kidnapped how many times because of your work with the WSB? It finally drove her over the edge and now my daughter only gets to speak to her mother once a night on the phone. For now, I need you to respect my decision and stay away from Emma. Good night.”

Sam was shocked at the tense way Patrick spoke to Anna. They had always had a good relationship, even after Robin left.

Patrick looked at Sam. “What?”

“I’m just surprised – I know you said you wanted to limit Emma’s time with Anna after everything with Victor Cassadine and the WSB but you are completely shutting her out now?”

“Look, I am not going to apologize for keeping my daughter safe. Faison, Obrecht, Cassadine – they are a part of Robin’s life because of Anna and Robert. I’ll be damned if I let my daughter be used as a pawn the way my wife was. I am done.”

“Okay, I get it. I certainly limit Danny’s time with Julian because of his ‘work’ but I still allow him a little time with him.”

“Well that is the choice you made for your child. Please respect the choice I am making for mine.”

Sam got quiet. Patrick had almost spat the words at her.

“You know, I am getting tired. How about we call it a night?”

“Sam look…”

“No, I get it and it’s ok. I just need to get home. Molly and TJ are babysitting and they both have class in the morning. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

Patrick walked her to the door and kissed her good night. Locking the door he walked back to the couch and sat down. His head was starting to throb again. The headaches seemed to be happening more and more frequently but only when he was thinking of Robin, which seemed to be all the time anymore.

Why couldn’t he just let her go? Sam was great and they had fun together but she didn’t make him feel the same way Robin did.

He stood up and walked over to the mantle. For Emma’s sake, he kept their wedding picture up. He picked up the picture and ran his finger over Robin’s face. The tears came without warning. He didn’t even realize he was crying until he felt the teardrops on his arm.

All of sudden there was pain, blinding pain. Grabbing the phone he dialed 911. He managed to get out his name and address before everything went dark.

• Love 1

Chapter 8

Anna came and sat at her ex-son-in-law’s bedside. She and Noah had been taking turns bringing Emma in to see Patrick for the 2 weeks since he had lapsed into a coma but today she was alone.

Anna was beating herself up ever since she discovered what was going on. She should have seen it damn it! She used to be a spy, she should have seen the signs of brainwashing in Patrick and Sam. If she had been paying a bit more attention to what was going on maybe Patrick wouldn’t be lying in a coma right now. It had been Obrecht, it had to be.

Anna had been in shock when she had received the call from General Hospital to come and collect her granddaughter after Patrick’s collapse. Noah had rushed back to Port Charles in record time and after reviewing the scans he had discovered evidence of brainwashing and immediately notified Anna. Noah was now spending almost all his time working on reversing Patrick’s coma.

“Anna, it’s time to let Robin know what is getting on.” Anna didn’t hear Noah come in the room. “I need her help to fix this.”

“Don’t you think I have tried to reach her? Emma has gotten a few text messages but other than that we haven’t heard from her since Patrick collapsed.”

“Don’t you think that is a little strange? Does Robin have any idea what is going on?”

“No, she just knows Patrick is sick and Emma is staying with me. She doesn’t know the specifics.”

“Mom?” Anna turned to see her daughter standing at the door.

Robin walked into the room and stared at her ex-husband with tears in her eyes. “Patrick? Why didn’t you tell me how bad it was?”

Noah felt hope for the first time in two weeks. Anna jumped up and hugged her baby girl. “Oh my God, you’re back!”

“What happened to Patrick?”

Noah spoke up. “I’ll get you the scans. It appears that there is damage to the pre-frontal cortex. I believe this is the result of an attempt to brainwash Patrick.”

“Who would want to do that to Patrick?”

Anna answered. “Best guess, Obrecht. He was being conditioned to divorce you and keep Emma away from me. Her revenge was to keep my daughter and granddaughter away from me.”

Robin quickly remembered her cover story. “It was Obrecht. She was working with Victor Cassadine and arranged the accident that killed Patrick’s son. They did it to keep me in line. After she killed Victor, her guards showed me a video feed to our house – I was given a script and told what to say when Patrick called. I was so scared that they would hurt you or Emma or Patrick, I did whatever they said.”

Anna shook her head. Obrecht had disappeared 6 months ago along with her daughter. Rumor had it that Britt had been pregnant with Nikolas Cassadine’s child when she left.

“How did you escape?”

“Nikolas found me.”

“Nikolas? He went away right after Britt left. He sent Spencer to boarding school and said he needed some time away from Port Charles.”

“He apparently figured out what Victor had planned and tracked me down. He said he wanted one of us to have a happy ending. But he was captured and we have spent the last 6 months in captivity together. We were finally able to escape a couple of weeks ago and just made it home.”

“How did you know to come here?” Noah asked. He couldn’t put his finger on it but something was just not right here.

“Nikolas had called and talked to Lulu and she told us about Patrick’s collapse. I thought Emma might be here with her dad so…”

“We made this our first stop. Plus, I thought my brilliant & beautiful fiancée might be of help when I learned of Patrick’s situation.” Nikolas stepped in behind Robin and put his arms around her, smiling the whole time.

Anna looked at Robin in shock. “I’m sorry, fiancée? Robin, may I speak to you for a moment?”

Anna pulled Robin away from Nikolas and into the hallway, leaving Nikolas alone with a very angry looking Noah.

Chapter 9

“How soon can I see Patrick’s scans and blood work?”

“I will have those brought straight up but you and I need to talk. You have just told me that you have been held hostage by Obrecht and her guards for almost a year and Nikolas was there with you for the past six months and now you getting married. It’s a little much to take in at once.” Anna shook her head and took a breath.

“Obrecht being behind your disappearance really isn’t all that surprising but this sudden engagement to Nikolas I don’t get. I understand that he has been by your side and helped you escape. I get that you are grateful for all that, but Robin you don’t have to marry him.”

“It’s not like that. Mom, Patrick divorced me. He has moved on with Sam and I wish them nothing but happiness. Nikolas and I were together, just the two of us for a long time and somewhere during that time,” Robin turned away from her mom for a moment “we fell in love.”

Robin turned back around. She just couldn’t look her mother in the eyes and tell that big a lie. “Patrick is the love of my life, just like Emily will always be the love of Nikolas’s life. But that was a different time and I think we just may have gone through too much to still be together.”

Robin could see the confusion evident on Anna’s face.

“How can I make you understand? Patrick and I are like you and Dad – we love each other and our daughter but we just can’t be together. Nikolas is my Duke. I love him and he loves me. He would do anything for me and Emma. Please be happy for me. I need you to be happy for me.”

Anna wasn’t sure she believed a word her daughter just said but decided to let the matter drop for now. The important thing was that Robin was home and out of danger. Now she just needed to help Patrick recover from his coma and they would deal with the rest soon enough.

“Of course I am. I was just surprised. The important thing is you came home to us. The rest will sort itself out.”

Anna and Robin walked back into the room. “Noah, please update my daughter on her husband’s, sorry ex-husband’s condition. We need to get started on Patrick’s cure.”

And then, Anna thought, we can get Robin and Patrick back where they belong – together.

________________________________________________________________________________________

One week later...

“Noah, I think I have the proper combination.”

“Really?”

“Yes - I’ll put together the protocol and we can get started immediately.” Robin was thrilled. All she wanted was the chance to give Emma back her dad. For the first time in years there was real possibility that Emma could have both her parents in her life for longer than a couple of months.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The past week had been difficult but ultimately rewarding. Anna and Robin had sat down with Emma and explained that her Mommy had been forced to stay away from her by the bad people again. Robin explained that Uncle Nikolas had brought her home and Nikolas promised not to let anyone take her away again.

Her reunion with her daughter was amazing. Emma was allowed to come to the lab with Robin so they could spend time together while Robin “fixed” Daddy. It hardly made up for all the time they had lost but it was a start.

The hardest part came after Spencer came home. Nikolas and Robin had sat them down and explained that they had decided to get married. Emma was upset at first but Robin assured her that Mommy and Daddy would always love her and each other but they could not live together anymore. Plus, they would be moving into Wyndamere, a place Emma adored. It also helped that Emma loved her Uncle Nikolas so she was already comfortable with him. Spencer was just thrilled that Aunt Robin was going to be his new mom.

But there was another issue to be dealt with. Anna told Robin that she was certain that Patrick’s decision to divorce her and date Sam was a result of the brainwashing. The reason he had reacted so horribly to it was that the love he felt for Robin was at war with his programming. A thorough search of Sam’s penthouse and the Drake house had yielded a wide array of cameras, microphones and various recordings used to program Sam and Patrick. Sam was quickly deprogrammed and was able to rekindle her romance with Silas Clay.

Anna was hoping that this new information would change her daughter’s mind about marrying Nikolas. Unfortunately, Robin remained resolute in her decision. In two months she would become Dr. Robin Scorpio-Cassadine.

Robin took the protocol that should repair the damage to Patrick’s pre-frontal cortex and bring him out of his coma to Patrick’s room. With Noah by her side, Robin administered the protocol and then sat by his bed and waited for it to work.

Edited by cmahorror

Shawn Makes the World a Better Place for Everyone!  (Accidentally)

[sonny and Shawn are whispering to each other behind a potted plant in the hospital.]

Sonny: Ok ... now, Ava's just had the baby.  Right?  And the baby's not in her room anymore, the baby's with the nurses down the hall, right?  So I'm going to go in and, uh, stand next to Ava, and we'll pretend she tried to stab me with this here knife.  And then, while I'm standing next to her, pretending to get stabbed, shoot her and we'll call it being my bodyguard.  Ok?

Shawn: Sounds good.  This time I won't let you down!

Sonny:  Yeah, yeah.  That'll pay her back for murdering Callie!  I mean Corina ... Candy? 

Shawn:  Connie. 

Sonny:  Yeah, yeah. I loved Connie so much.

[sonny and Shawn go into Ava's room]

Ava:  Get out!  Don't stand next to my bed!

Sonny: (yelling)  NO, NO, DON'T STAB ME AVA!!  (starts stabbing his thigh with a knife)

Ava: Huh?

Sonny: (hissing to Shawn)  Now!  Shoot her!

Shawn:  You got it!   [Promptly shoots Sonny.]  Aw, crap.  Well, in case he wakes up, I still gotta kill you, Ava.

[in the hallway, Dr. O. walks by and hears the noise, scowls, and rushes into Ava's room.]

Shawn: It's not personal, Ava ...  [aims his gun.]

Dr. O: Vhat the ...  [shawn promptly shoots her while aiming for Ava.]

Shawn:  Dammit!

[Ava jumps out of bed and makes a run for it - right as the door opens]

Franco: Anyone up for some art therapy --   [shawn shoots him while aiming for Ava.]

[Ava runs for it out into the hallway, Shawn following].

Shawn:  Wait, get back here!

[Ava runs smack into Carly.]

Carly: Watch where you're going, bitch!  What are you doing, Shawn?

Shawn: Sonny's orders.  This will tie up all the loose ends about AJ's death!

Carly: Huh.  Well I guess that protects us all.  Do whatever Sonny told you, Shawn - just wait till my back is turned so I'm not a witness, okay?  [Turns to leave, Shawn shoots her while aiming for Ava.]

Ava:  Oh my God.  You are terrible at this. 

Shawn: [defeated]  Want to just call a truce?  And you didn't see anything and I'll leave town as a fugitive?

Ava:  Sure.  Just never come near me again, ok?

Shawn:  Ok.  [sadly ducks down a stairwell and runs away.]

[Ava smiles to herself -  then promptly slips on Carly's blood and smashes her head against the wall. ]

A few days later, Helena is reading a newspaper in her lair outside of Paris, where Robin is trapped with her.  Helena cackles to herself about the carnage in Port Charles, which was bizarre enough to make the news in Europe. 

Helena:  Hah hah, that ridiculous peasant friend of yours, Sonny!  He's dead now, Robin!  

She accidentally chokes on her own saliva while laughing, and dies.  While Helena's henchmen freak out and try to revive her, Robin takes her opportunity to get away, running out a back door of Helena's lair. 

Then she gets hit by Faison, who is driving in a car to come see Helena so they can discuss their next diabolical plan.  

Robin:  GODDAMMIT!   WHY CAN'T I CATCH A BREAK?

Faison loses control of the car and veers off the driveway.  Robin limps over to the car and notices that Faison is dead.  His car had one of those crappy killer recalled air bags, which went off spontaneously and exploded in his face.  She notices that Faison has also driven over Stavros and Jerry, who were standing in the front yard for no particular reason. 

Robin:  Finally!  I caught a break! 

She limps to the road, where a friendly French truck driver gives her a ride and lets her use his cell phone to call Anna.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

Chapter 10

Nikolas watched Emma and Spencer playing in the front yard at Wyndamere. This is what it was all about – creating the family that should have always been his. In a few days their son would be here and then he and Robin can raise all three children together.

He had already set everything in motion for the wedding. He hired a wedding planner to create Robin’s dream wedding. All three children would be a part of the ceremony. Emma will be Robin’s Maid of Honor, Spencer best man and their baby boy will be the ring bearer. Robin had only been thinking about the wedding for a few weeks. He had been planning it for almost a year.

When Liz dumped him again for Ric, Nikolas had an epiphany. It was time to finally embrace his Cassadine side. Being the nice guy was getting him nowhere. When he stumbled upon Victor’s plans for Robin he realized he could finally have the one woman he had always wanted but never had. The feelings for Robin had always been there but he had buried them deep inside after she had chosen Jason over him. He had convinced himself that there was no way they could ever be together, especially after she fell in love with Patrick Drake, but Victor had shown him a way.

The plan was simple enough. First he had to separate her from Patrick. Victor had Jason so Nikolas considered it ironic that the man he lost Robin to all those years ago would help him get her now. After that he used Obrecht to brainwash Patrick into turning his back on Robin and divorcing her.

He worried that his plan would be ruined when Victor was killed by Obrecht but his beautiful Robin had managed to not only resuscitate Jason but also his grandmother, Helena, who was more than happy to help him with his plan. She even came up an addition to the plan - him and Robin having a baby. It was Helena’s idea for him to romance Britt again and create a viable surrogate to carry the baby. No one would be surprised, she had done it before to his sister and Robin had been held by Obrecht for years. Who knows what she might have done to Robin during that time, maybe steal an egg or two?

Convincing Robin to marry him was relatively easy. After all, he was a fellow hostage who wanted to get out desperately and wanted nothing more than to get home to his son and help his good friend get home to her daughter. For her daughter, Robin would do anything and why wouldn’t she trust him? In all the years they had known each other he had never given her any reason to doubt him.

Patrick’s coma was the only wrinkle in the plan. Robin refused to get married until Patrick woke up and she could tell him face to face about them. She felt she owed it to him. Being the understanding man he was, Nikolas encouraged her to do whatever she had to do and he would wait for her. After all, she was worth it.

He had waited 20 years, what was a couple of months more?

Chapter 11

“Robin?”

Robin shook awake at Patrick’s voice. She had fallen asleep holding his hand waiting for the protocol to take effect.

“Patrick, you’re awake!” Robin happily pushed the call button and started gently running her hands up and down Patrick’s cheek. “I have missed looking into those big, beautiful brown eyes.”

“Right back at you.” Patrick couldn’t believe she was here. Memories of them, all they had been through together through the years washed over him. The epidemic, April, Robin being shot, Emma, the explosion, her leaving, that last call…the last call! “Robin, when did you get here?”

“A week ago. It’s a long story but you need to know that I didn’t want to leave you and Emma.” Robin took her hands off his face and held his hands. “You were being watched and someone threatened to hurt you and Emma if I didn’t do as I was told.” Patrick could see the pain in her eyes.

“I’m confused, if that’s true – how are you here now?” Patrick’s head was swimming.

“I found her and brought her home to her daughter.” Nikolas walked into the room and smiled at Robin. “I’m so happy to see you’re awake. But I didn’t have any doubts once Robin was on the case.”

Patrick didn’t like the way that Nikolas was looking at Robin – it was almost like owned her.

“Nikolas, if you don’t mind I would like a little time alone with my wife.”

“You mean your ex-wife Drake – you divorced her, remember.” Patrick winced while Robin glared at Nikolas. “Ok, I’m going. Robin, the kids and I will see you at home in a little bit.”

After letting the last comment sink in for a moment, Nikolas turned and left the room.

Shaking, Robin put her head in her hands. This is not how she wanted him to find out.

“Robin, look at me.” Robin slowly raised her head to look at Patrick. “What the hell is he talking about?”

“We can talk about this later. Right now we need a CT and blood work. I’m going to let Noah know you’re awake.” Robin ran out of the room before he could say anything else.

“Hey Sport – nice of you to join us.” Noah walked into his oldest son’s hospital room and put on a cheerful face. He knew Patrick was confused about what was going on and he wanted to put as positive a spin on it as possible.

“Dad, I need answers now! Where’s Robin? Where’s Emma? What the hell is going on?” Patrick had been patient through the CT and the blood work but now he wanted answers.

“Calm down. They are both safe and together. I’m going to explain what is going on with you right now.”

Patrick just nodded his head. They were okay – that is all he needed to know at the moment.

“What do you remember?”

“I was at home and I had a bad headache. I was looking at mine and Robin’s wedding picture and then there was just pain.”

“Ok, had you had a lot of these headaches?” Patrick nodded. “Was there a trigger?”

“Strange as it seems, they seemed to happen whenever I thought about Robin.”

“Actually that makes perfect sense.” Noah decided the best way to deal with Patrick was to give it to him straight. “Someone has been brainwashing you Patrick. They were conditioning you to turn against Robin and Anna. We think that your deep rooted feelings were battling the programming which resulted in your collapse.”

“Robin came up with the protocol to repair the damage to the pre-frontal cortex and it is working. We’ll need to continue the protocol for 2 weeks and we’ll do a follow up CT next week and then another CT before you can be released, along with daily blood work.”

“Tell me how you have felt over the past 6 months. Not physically but emotionally.”

“I don’t know I’ve just been all over. I mean part of the time I just hated Robin and Anna and I never wanted to see them or talk to them again. But I love Robin and at night I dreamed of her leaving and me trying to get to her but she was always just out of reach. And Anna, I have always wanted her to be a part of Emma’s life but…”

Noah interrupted “But you had this strange feeling that she would put Emma in danger and you needed to keep Emma away from her. That was all the conditioning.”

“Robin said that she was being held against her will – that Emma and I were being threatened.”

“Yes, Obrecht was working with Victor Cassadine to control Robin. They were responsible for the accident that killed Gabriel. They wouldn’t let Robin leave to be with you when he died and used your time here at the hospital to begin the brainwashing. Obrecht had Robin constantly under guard after the clinic explosion and even told Robin exactly what she needed to say when you called her. Robin has just been a pawn in their game.”

“Oh God, Dad, I should have known something was wrong. I should have paid more attention. She was so nervous and upset but I just thought it was because she couldn’t save Jason. Not only didn’t I pick up on it, I served her with divorce papers.” Tears filled Patrick’s eyes and flowed freely down his face. “What have I done?”

Noah shook his head. Unfortunately, this wasn’t going to get any easier for Patrick. “Son, look you weren’t in complete control of your actions. Sam and you were programmed to become a couple. They used your weakened emotional state following your son’s death to manipulate you into doing their bidding. Now all we can do is repair the damage and then you can begin to rebuild your life.”

“And Robin?” Noah turned away from Patrick. “Dad, what aren’t you telling me?”

“You know, this is a conversation you need to have with Robin.”

“But…”

“Son, I can’t give you the answers you are looking for. Please, talk to Robin. But just for the record, I’m on your side. I want you to get your family back.”

• Love 1

I don't know if anyone is actually reading this or not, but I've already started it and I like to finish what I start. Comments always welcome!

Chapter 12

Robin relaxed on the couch while she watched Emma and Spencer playing cards by the fireplace. Now that Patrick was awake and recovering she could relax a little bit. Tomorrow she and Emma were going to go visit Patrick and then she would have to tell him about her and Nikolas. Helena was still keeping an eye on everything and, now that Patrick was awake, she had given them a deadline for the wedding. Robin and Nikolas were to be married in 6 weeks or Patrick would be killed.

Nikolas came into the living room and sat down next to Robin. She stiffened up a bit so he put his arm around her and pulled her close. “I know I shouldn’t have said anything today and I’m sorry. Forgive me?”

Robin stood up and motioned for Nikolas to follow her into the entry way. Closing the door she looked at him.

“I agreed to this and I do want to make this marriage work. We agreed to have a real marriage,” Nikolas smiled at her and took her hands in his, “and I will do what it takes to make it a success but I will not rub it in Patrick’s face. Sam is back with Silas and Patrick is alone now. All I am asking you to do is please show him some respect, if for no other reason than he is Emma’s father. Okay?”

Nikolas smiled and nodded his head. “I’m sorry – I just get so upset when I think of how he treated you.” Robin started to object but Nikolas stopped her. “Not just the divorce but all that came before. You are a truly amazing woman and I will spend the rest of my life treating you the way you deserve. I am committing myself to you Robin and I want to be a real husband and create a real life with you.”

“I know and I appreciate all you are willing to do for me. Just go easy on Patrick.”

Robin tilted her head up and gave Nikolas a kiss. There was none of the fire and passion she felt with Patrick but it was nice and gentle. Nikolas pulled her closer and continued the kiss, running his hands through her hair.

Suddenly there was a knock on the front door.

Robin went to door and was shocked to find a car seat there with a 3 week old baby in it.

Nikolas read the letter to her twice.

“How is this possible Nikolas? How could this be our child? We have never…”

“I know Robin but you were being held captive for the last 3 years of your life. Are you telling me that there is no chance that you could have undergone any kind of procedure and just not remember?”

“No, there are definitely holes in my memory so I guess it is possible but you…”

“Well I was sleeping with Britt and it’s not like she hasn’t done something like this before. Between Britt, Obrecht, Helena and my Uncle Victor anything is possible.”

“We need to get him to GH so we can get him checked out and get a DNA test.”

“Do you really need one Robin? I mean, look at him – he looks just like you.”

Robin was sitting on her bed holding the sleeping baby. Looking at him Robin couldn’t deny that this little boy did share a lot of her features and she did feel an instant connection to him. But she wanted definitive proof. It would hurt too much to get attached and then lose him.

“Ok, I am already heading to GH tomorrow. We’ll go there and get a DNA test then you can watch him while Emma and I check on Patrick. Hopefully the primary donor to the hospital can get the tests pushed through quickly.”

“If you want to do the DNA test you can, but I know just by looking at him that this is our son so I am going to just trust my instincts. I will push through the test on you though.” Nikolas watched them. “You know, I still have a crib and changing table from when Ben was living here and the diaper bag is full of enough supplies for tonight. I’ll have the staff bring them up from storage while we get Emma and Spencer ready for bed.”

“The kids – what will we tell Emma and Spencer?”

Nikolas sat down next to her on the bed and put his arms around her.

“We’ll just say we’re adopting him and leave it at that.” He smiled at her and then at the little boy lying in her arms. “Look at him Robin, he’s a sign. Don’t you think he’s a perfect addition to our new family?” He pulled them both closer. “He’s the perfect way to start our new life together.”

• Love 1

Chapter 13

Patrick sat in his bed staring at the door, waiting for Robin and Emma to get there. Robin had promised to bring Emma in first thing so she could see that her Daddy was doing better. He turned on the TV and was flipping through the channels, not really watching anything when he heard the best sound in the world coming from the doorway.

“Daddy!” Emma ran to the bed and jumped up to hug Patrick. “Mommy told me you woke up!”

“That’s right baby girl, Mommy woke me up.” Patrick smiled warmly at Robin.

“I’ll leave you two to get caught up and I am going to going over your test results with Grandpa Noah.”

“Robin wait – I was hoping we could talk for a few minutes first.”

Noah came in the door at that moment. Patrick had asked him to keep an eye on the door and then to come and take Emma for a few minutes so he could talk to Robin. “Emma, I have some coloring books and crayons in my office. I thought we could go down and color a picture for Daddy while he and Mommy talk.”

“Can I Mommy, please?” Robin nodded her assent after giving Patrick a dirty look. Emma happily grabbed her Grandpa’s hand and ran out the door with him.

“Dirty pool Drake.”

“We need to talk. I have some major groveling to do.” Robin was close enough to the bed that Patrick was able to grab her right hand and pull her close to the bed.

“I was a major jerk. I threw away everything we had and was so caught up in my own feelings that I couldn’t see what was right in front of me. I could blame it on the brainwashing but the truth is that I was so hurt and angry I refused to trust my instincts. Somewhere deep inside I knew something was wrong and I ignored it.”

“Patrick…” Robin tried to stop him but Patrick wouldn't let her.

“No Robin, I have to say this. After all we have been through, all I have done to hurt you, I should have shown more patience and understanding about your decision to help Jason. I knew you really didn’t have a choice but I still used it as an excuse to give up on us. I forgot our deal – walking out is acceptable, giving up isn’t. What I did is unforgivable and yet I am asking you, no I am begging you to please forgive me. I want us to start over again, a new start for you, me and Emma to be a family again. You don’t have to answer me today – just promise me you’ll think about it. Please, just think about it?”

Tears filled Robin’s eyes. As much as she still loved him and wanted it too, the future he wanted just wasn’t possible anymore.

“Patrick, I know you are sorry for what happened and I am too. Maybe if I had told Victor no or had found a way to sneak a message to you or my mom this would have never happened. But it did. It did and you asked for a divorce and started seeing another woman.” Patrick looked distraught at the mention of his dating Sam. Robin looked at him. “I understand why it happened but it doesn’t change the fact that it happened.”

“The truth is that I think we are past the point of a new start. Too much has happened for us to be able to start again. I will always love you but I have decided to start over again with someone else.”

“Nikolas.”

“Yes – he figured out where I was and attempted to rescue me. When he didn’t succeed he was held with me and we spent a lot of time together, really getting to know each other again. Turns out we are far more compatible than we ever knew. We survived together and worked together to escape. He and I well,” Robin stumbled over the words, “Patrick, I love him.”

Patrick winced at her statement but also noticed that she didn’t say that she had fallen in love with Nikolas. “Robin, I know we can work this out.”

Robin steeled herself. He had no idea how had hard this was for her to do. “There is nothing to work out. Nikolas and I are getting married.”

“What! Robin this is crazy.”

“No Patrick, this is actually one of the sanest things I have done in a long time.”

“When?”

Robin paused before speaking. “Six weeks.” She turned away from Patrick. “Emma is so excited. She is going to be my maid of honor and she loves Wyndamere.” She turned back to him. “Since we live in the same town, I’m sure we can come up with a custody agreement that works for both of us.”

Patrick was in shock. There was not a hint of excitement in her voice, more like resignation. Something was very wrong with the whole situation but he decided not to press it at this point in time.

“Okay. We can talk about this after I get out of here.” He stared her straight in the eyes. One look from Patrick affected her more than a day with Nikolas ever would. His next words stabbed at her heart. “All I want for you is to be happy Robin. That is all I have ever wanted for you. I hope you know that.”

“I know.” Robin sighed. She had one more bomb to drop and it was bigger than the wedding. “There is something else you need to know. Apparently, either during my first kidnapping or this latest one, a, um, procedure was done on me.”

Panic filled Patrick’s eyes. “Oh my God, Robin, are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” She knew that this would be hard for him to hear, so she just spit it out. “They took some of my eggs. The Cassadines felt that I was a good match for their gene pool.”

Realization slowly dawned on Patrick. “Robin, what are you saying?”

“Hey Robs, this little guy was missing his mommy.” Nikolas walked into the room with a crying baby boy in his arms. Smirking at Patrick, he handed the baby to Robin. “Did Robin tell you the good news – we have a son!”

Chapter 14

Robin fed her baby boy as Patrick sat there watching. Nikolas had to go to a board meeting so he left as soon as he handed the baby off to Robin.

"How long have you known?”

“He was left at Wyndamere last night. There was a note left with him explaining that Obrecht implanted Britt with the embryo and she carried him to term. I did a DNA test as soon as we got here today and confirmed it.”

Patrick had to ask, “Is that why you’re getting married?”

“No, we made that decision before we even got back to Port Charles.”

Patrick’s frustration finally took hold. “Robin, do you hear yourself? You are talking about this like it is a business merger not a marriage. I ignored my feelings before but not this time. There is something else going on here Robin and I need you to tell me what it is so I can help get you out of it.”

Robin looked at him and was about to say something when the baby let out a cry.

“Oh, sweetie, it’s ok. Mommy’s here.”

Patrick decided to drop it. He had six weeks to get to the bottom of this and stop the wedding. “Have you decided on a name?”

“Mal - Malcolm Sean Cassadine.”

“After your Uncle Mac and Sean Donnelly. Have you told your family the news yet?”

“Yes, they were very understanding for the most part. They want us to wait but we just don’t see the point.”

“So your dad is okay with this?” Robert’s longstanding hatred for all Cassadine’s, including Nikolas, was not a secret.

“I haven’t been able to get in touch with him yet. I know he won’t be thrilled but I hope he can put aside his feelings for Nikolas and just concentrate on his grandchildren.”

She was pacing back and forth across the room and Patrick wasn’t sure if it was to calm Mal or herself.

Patrick started to say something else but Emma and Noah came through the door.

“Daddy, did you hear? Mommy is marrying Uncle Nikolas and I have a new baby brother!” Emma was so much like her mom, able to adjust to changes in her life with an understanding he wished he had.

Robin headed for the door. “Speaking of, I’m going to take him down to the daycare and check on those test results. Emma, I’ll see you in a little bit. Be good for Daddy, ok?”

Emma smiled and nodded happily at Robin. “Can I kiss Mal goodbye?”

Robin laughed and leaned over with the baby. “Of course you can sweetie.” Emma kissed her baby brother goodbye and then climbed back on Patrick’s bed to show her Daddy the picture she colored for him.

He held back the tears as he watched Robin and her son walk out the door.

Chapter 15

“Good news son, you are being released!” Noah walked in to Patrick’s room with his discharge papers. It had been a very long two weeks and Noah was as anxious to get Patrick out of there as his son was. There were plans that needed to be made if they were going to stop Robin’s wedding to Nikolas.

“About damn time. Where’s Robin?”

“Dress fitting.” Noah didn’t need to say anything else. Both men knew that Nikolas had been trying to keep Robin busy with wedding plans or the baby as a way of keeping her away from Patrick. She monitored the administration of his protocol and discussed the results with him but other than that, he had barely seen her. Sure, she brought Emma to the hospital to see him but never stayed in the room. It was almost like she was afraid to see him.

Stuck in his bed, Patrick had had a lot of time to go over what Robin had told him. Something was very off about this sudden marriage to Nikolas and Patrick had spent two weeks resting, gaining strength and gathering reinforcements so he could stop this wedding as soon as he left the hospital. Anna, Mac and Noah had agreed to help him. They all loved Robin too much to watch her marry the wrong man.

Then there was Mal. Patrick had been able to see him a couple of times when Robin was dropping off Emma, had even held him once, and he had to agree that there was no doubt Mal was Robin’s son. The baby boy had thick dark brown hair and beautiful chocolate eyes, just like his mother. Mal reminded him of Emma when she was a baby. Patrick had instantly taken to Mal, it wasn’t his fault Nikolas was his father. Luckily for Mal, Patrick didn’t see a bit of Nikolas in the kid.

“So, any word on Robert?” Noah shook his head. Anna was working on getting Robert back to town. So far she had not had any luck but she really felt she was getting closer to tracking him down. Robert would be a strong ally in the fight, not just because of his espionage background but also because he was not going to allow his daughter to marry any Cassadine, even one that was related, be it tangentially, to his friend Luke.

“Damn it! She needs to find him. We only have 4 weeks left to come up with a way to stop this wedding.” Patrick got out of the bed and began getting dressed.

“I know son.” Noah looked at Patrick. “If I have to, I will kidnap her from the damn wedding to stop it.”

“I appreciate the thought but the last thing Robin needs is to be kidnapped again Dad. We’ll figure something out before the wedding day.” Patrick grabbed his discharge papers and signed them. “I’m going home. Anna and Mac are waiting there for me.”

Anna and Mac were involved in the wedding plans and had been keeping Patrick up to date on what was going on and where Robin and, more importantly, Nikolas, would be. This information would be vital over the next four weeks. Patrick needed to get Robin alone for more than a couple of minutes to get the truth out of her. Knowing when she would be alone and where she would be allowed him to work with Mac and Anna to do that.

By both Mac and Anna’s accounts, Robin was definitely not a happy bride to be. In fact, she was decidedly uninterested in any aspect of the wedding that didn’t involve the kids. She was thrilled to take Emma to get her maid of honor dress but picked almost the first thing she had grabbed off the rack for her wedding dress. She let Nikolas decide on the theme, colors, basically anything to do with the actual ceremony and party. She insisted on family only at the wedding, keeping it very small. No matter what she said, her heart was not in this.

Patrick had a theory that the only reason that Robin was going through with this marriage was because someone was threatening him and Emma. It was Jerry Jax all over again. Knowing Robin, she would rather be miserable for the rest of her life than risk Emma or him being hurt. She had admitted she still loved him and he could see that she still wanted to be with him every time he saw her. No matter what she claimed, they weren’t over – not by a long shot.

But right now it was just a theory. He had no proof and no way of knowing who was pulling the strings. That was why he needed to get her alone because, one way or another, he was going to find out.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 1

Thank you for the positive feedback - I really do appreciate it!

Chapter 16

3 weeks before the wedding

Robin was exhausted. Helena had visited her a few days prior and warned her that she needed to start behaving like a happy bride to be or there would be consequences. Robin had dutifully turned up the happiness and dove into the wedding plans, including finding a new dress. Helena thought that the other one was not worthy of a future princess. Between wedding plans and a new baby, she barely had time to think.

Now she had a new wedding dress – one coincidentally called Fairy Tale Princess. It was beautiful but to Robin it was just a dress. Her true wedding dress, the one she hoped one day her daughter or granddaughter might wear was the one from her wedding to Patrick. That was the dress she wore marrying her true love. She may spend the rest of her days as Nikolas’s wife but in her heart she would always be Patrick’s.

She had been avoiding him like the plague since he left the hospital. She had been lying to herself and him when she said they were too far gone to go back and start again. The truth was all she wanted was to take Emma and Mal and rebuild their life. Day after day she hoped that something would happen to end this engagement but she knew it wasn’t going to happen. Helena made it clear that she had put safeguards in place so if something happened to her Robin would not back out of the marriage. Helena was not working alone and her partner would be keeping an eye on the situation. If Robin even attempted to end things with Nikolas, Patrick would die.

Robin decided not to worry about that today. Her mom had called and offered to take the children for the day so Robin could have a break. Her mom had planned a spa day for her at a new retreat just outside of the city and it was just what the doctor ordered. She had already had a facial and a mani/pedi. Now she was in the room waiting for her massage. Lying on her stomach, naked under the towel, she felt more relaxed than she had in years.

She heard the door open and music started playing. Soft instrumental jazz filled the room and then the masseuses hands softly touched her shoulders and began working on her tight muscles. She felt her muscles relaxing under the firm yet gentle fingers. There was something almost familiar about the hands touching her. She sat up suddenly.

“Patrick!”

“So you do still remember what it feels like when I touch you? I was afraid you had forgotten.”

“What are you doing here?” She looked around the room frantically for cameras. He caught on to what she was doing.

“This room is clean – no cameras or bugs. Your mom made sure. She wanted to guarantee we had complete privacy.” Robin sat up, securing the towel around her naked body. He smiled at her sudden modesty. “Robin, it’s nothing I haven’t seen before. After all, we were married.”

“Well, we’re not now. Your choice, remember?” He winced at her words. He knew that she was caught off guard and getting very defensive.

“I know and I have already told you I am sorry and how much I regret what I did. But that is not why I am here today. I’m here so you can finally tell me what is really going on and what we can do to get you out of this mess you are in.”

Robin looked at him and shook her head. Of course he didn’t believe that she wanted to marry Nikolas, he knew her too well. Unfortunately it didn’t matter. She had to go through with this wedding. She would rather live without him than see him dead. “I really don’t know what you are talking about. I already told you that I love Nikolas and I am marrying him. End of story.”

“Come on Robin, who do you think you are talking to? I am not some stranger off the street, I know you better than anyone. You are a terrible liar and I know you are lying to me right now.” He was in her face now, as close as he could get without actually touching her.

She swallowed and tried to stay in control of herself. “Maybe you don’t know me as well as you think you do.”

He gently rubbed his hand up and down her arm. She couldn’t help but let out a sigh. Patrick smiled. “And maybe I know you better than you know yourself. Does he make you feel like that when he touches you?” He stared into her eyes, daring her to tell him the truth. And she did.

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t know?”

She looked away from him, almost embarrassed. “We’re waiting for our wedding night.”

Patrick felt a great relief wash over him. They weren’t sharing a bed, at least not yet. He couldn’t stop himself. He grabbed her and kissed her. She responded immediately, instinctively. It was like no time had passed between the last time they had made love and this moment. She knew she shouldn’t do this, she would regret it later but right now she needed him. She needed to be with him one last time.

Robin reached between them and removed her towel. Kissing her hungrily, Patrick laid her down on the massage table. They would talk later.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I decided to have a little fun and actually found a dress. Here's a link to it: http://www.marysbridal.com/bridal.aspx?i=6243

• Love 1

Chapter 17

“Damn it!” Patrick slammed the door as he came in the house. He had been so close to getting her and then she pulled away.

Flashback

“I have to go.” Robin got up a few minutes after they finished making love and started getting dressed.

“What do you mean you have to go? Robin, we need to talk. We need to figure what to do to bring you, Emma and Mal home.” Patrick couldn’t believe she would still marry Nikolas, not after what just happened.

Robin’s heart broke even more when she heard Patrick include Mal in their family. She closed her eyes, fighting back the tears, and took a moment before she spoke. “We already are home. We live at Wyndamere with Nikolas.”

Patrick jumped up and pulled Robin into him. Her back against his chest, his arms tight around her as his chin rested on her head. “Robin, we just made love. Are you telling me that meant nothing to you?”

“Of course not Patrick, it just doesn’t mean what you think it does. I gave in to a moment of weakness but it will never happen again.” She turned around to face him. “This, making love, has never been a problem for us. I will always love you but I am marrying Nikolas in three weeks and nothing is going to change that.”

Patrick wanted to shake her until she told him the truth. Instead he took a deep breath and asked a simple question. “Then what was this Robin?”

“This was goodbye.” She finished getting dressed and ran out the door before he could stop her.

End Flashback

“I take it things didn’t go the way you planned.” Noah had been staying at Patrick’s since his return to Port Charles. He knew of Patrick’s plans to get Robin alone today and was hoping his son would come home in a better mood.

“At first they did. I was getting through to her, I know I was.” Patrick smiled, remembering being with her.

“How can you be sure you were getting through to her?” Patrick gave his dad a look that needed no explanation. “Oh, I see. So what happened after…”

“She ran out, said that it was her way of saying goodbye. I chased after her but she was in her car and gone by the time I got to the parking lot.” Patrick was close to tears. It was killing Noah to see him this way. “I’m telling you Dad, there is more to this marriage than meets the eye. She was petrified when she saw me today, not of me but for me. I’m convinced now more than ever that she is being forced to marry Nikolas.”

“So what are you going to do now?”

“I’m trying to figure that out. I’m not giving up on her. I did that before and it was the biggest mistake of my life.” Patrick sat down on the couch and tried to calm himself down.

“Have you talked to Anna?” Patrick nodded his head. “What did she say?”

“Robin was furious when she picked up the kids, told Anna if she ever pulled another stunt like that than she wouldn’t be allowed near her or the kids.”

“So I guess we’re own our own now.” Noah was disappointed that they had lost a great ally.

Patrick laughed. “Have you met Anna? If anything, this was further proof that Robin isn’t thinking clearly. Robin was very upset about Obrecht trying to separate Anna and Emma. She would never threaten to do it unless someone made her. No, she is redoubling her efforts to find Robert and is working with Mac to get me an invitation to the engagement party.”

Noah was surprised. “Why would you want to attend their engagement party?”

Patrick smirked at his father. “Because Dad, it’s time to go public with my intentions to reunite with my wife.”

• Love 1

Chapter 18

2 weeks before the wedding

“I want to thank you all for coming to help me and my lovely bride celebrate our engagement. In two weeks, Robin and I will become man and wife. I know some people think this is sudden,” Nikolas glared briefly at Patrick, “but it has actually been 20 years in the making. The best marriages begin with friendship. I am thrilled that I get to spend the rest of my life with the woman I love who just happens to be my best friend. Please everyone, eat, drink, dance and help us celebrate this new chapter in our lives.”

Everyone clapped and Nikolas sat back down next to Robin. The room was filled with Scorpios, Spencers, Cassadines and one Drake. Against his better judgment, he had invited Patrick to the engagement party. Mac had convinced him that it would be a good idea to invite him. If Patrick could see how happy he and Robin were, maybe he would back off and leave Robin alone. Nikolas wasn’t convinced but wanted to show Robin that he was the better man.

He knew what had happened at the spa the previous week. Robin had been absolutely horrified at what she had done and confessed to Nikolas as soon as she got home. By all appearances, he was concerned and understanding. In truth, he wanted to kill Patrick with his bare hands but he needed him alive or Robin would not go through with their marriage. He figured he only had to let Patrick live for a year. He knew that he and Robin would have the marriage he had dreamed of by then and Drake will no longer be necessary. Then Nikolas would get rid of him. He knew that Robin and Emma would be upset, of course, but Nikolas would be there for them to help them move on.

He looked around the Haunted Star at the familiar faces surrounding him. Robin’s family and his mixed together well, after all they had all known each other for years. Robin was gorgeous, wearing a dark green dress that he had picked out for her to wear tonight. She smiled at him, playing her part of the blushing bride perfectly.

After dinner the kids were taken to a slumber party at Wyndamere and the adults began the real party. Everyone was having a great time, dancing, drinking and enjoying each other’s company.

Everyone but Patrick, who stayed by the bar, by himself, watching Robin the entire night.

Midway through the night Nikolas got a call and had to leave the party. He encouraged Robin to stay and spend time with her loved ones and he would see her back home. Immediately after he left, Patrick walked over to DJ booth and made a request. He then went over to Robin and pulled his ex-wife onto the dance floor.

“I think I deserve one last dance with you.”

Robin knew she should protest, but she didn’t. Instead she leaned into him and began swaying with him to the music, wrapped in his arms.

I don't know, if I can recover
How can we be friends, if we can't be lovers
It's killing me, thinking of you with him

Call it pride, call it stubborn
But I won't give up till I know
There's no other way to start all over again

'Cause there's just so much, one man can take
Even the strongest heart can break
When the tears start to roll
It's like trying to hold back the sea

But I won't give up, you know how I am
I'll fight till I fall and make one more stand
How can I lose fighting for you

The tears started flowing down Robin’s cheeks. She tried to pull away but Patrick held her even closer. He didn’t care who could see them, he was stating his intentions to the people who knew and loved them both. He wasn’t letting her go.

'Cause there's just so much one man can take
Even the strongest heart can break
When the tears start to roll
It's like trying to hold back the sea

But I won't give up, you know, how I am
I'll fight till I fall and make one more stand
How can I lose fighting for you
Tell me, how can I lose fighting for you

The song ended but they didn’t move from the floor. She looked up and Patrick’s face was as tear stained as hers. He held her in his gaze. “It’s not over for us Robin. It will never be over for us. You are my soul mate and I will not rest until you, Emma and Mal are where you belong, home with me.”

He gave her a soft kiss. “Good night, my love.” Then he turned and walked out the door.

The song is Fighting For You by Pirates of the Mississippi

Edited by cmahorror