Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E23: Live Semi-Final Top 8 Performances

• Start Topic

Kat sounded awful. Hello Sunday can go away and take MaryBeth with you.

Hoot sounded great. Loved Ricky. Rose was great. 

I missed Katie's performance so I can't comment on that.

I can't figure out if I like Will or not. 

So my four are Hoot, Ricky, Rose and Katie.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

So my four are Hoot, Ricky, Rose and Katie.

Almost the same for me except...My four are Katie, Rose, Hoot and Hello Sunday.

Katie and Rose are so damn good. And loved their duet. Hoot is solid and loved his duet with,man I forgot who it was...Rose?

Thought that was one of the better performances  from Hello Sunday, like their dancing...but not sure if they will make it. Do they have the teeny bopper votes or will it be Goodbye Sunday?

Marybeth has not been impressing me lately, I remember she sounding better(she really looked like Miranda Lambert tonight)

I missed a few performances tonight...will catch later and comment tomorrow. I did like Katie and Hoot the best. Also liked Let It Be singer. Normally like Rose, missed her tonight. Not wild about Hello Monday or Kat. Kat is begging to go...please let her. 

• Love 2

I was actually thinking the duets were good tonight ..... then came "We Belong."  A combination of the Titanic, Mt Vesuvius, Hurricane Sandy, the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, Chernobyl, and the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918.  WHO thought this was a good idea?  Do they not possess ears?

Loved Rickey on "Let it Be" and Hoot on "Desperado."

• Love 4

Probably something of an unpopular opinion, but from purely a gameplay point of view I actually l liked Marybeth going way country with Before He Cheats. If there are country fans out there who are willing to vote for Jake and a plus one....she might as well swing for the fences. She has to leapfrog at least two artists who were ahead of her last time, so you might as well swing for the fences.

I think I'm w/ a lot of people, trying to figure out which one of Ricky, Jake, Rose & Katie will have to take on the twitter hoards and get to the finals the hard way. Because as uneven as Kat has been, I still think she could be a tough out in the twitter save coming from Blake's team and just being her sweet/cute self. As for the other twitter save spot it legit could go to any of those other final three. If I had to guess I'll say Hello Sunday edges out both Marybeth and Will. If that happens the cuteness/youth vote might get split between Kat and HS leaving an opening for (possibly) Katie to advance to the finale. If it's like Katie, Kat, and Will singing for the twitter save.....then I have a sneaking suspicion that Kat would benefit in that scenario.

Jake was super solid on Desperado and had a really nice duet with Marybeth. Ricky was awesome as usual on Let it Be, and while I haven't been the world's biggest Rose fan throughout the whole show I thought her Foreigner cover was pretty spot on.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 1

I’ve been enjoying Katie since her audition, but I will say that Jake Hoot is winning me over. His two performances tonight were both stellar! I wouldn’t mind if either of them ended up winning.

OTOH, if Kat advances to next week, I think I will be throwing something at the tv. I have never liked the little-girl vocal style, and her inability to stay on pitch makes it ten times worse. That duet with Hello Sunday was bad for many reasons (band overwhelming the vocals, AGAIN!), but she was key in its awfulness. 

• Love 5

WTF was Gwen wearing?

The one who's grown the most during this competition is Katie. She started out more as a  novelty but has evolved into a powerhouse. Still hate her outfits and glasses tho. Kat was awful. Will sounded like he was doing karaoke. Hoot started singing and all I could hear was both the Eagles and Linda Ronstadt in my head. Eh, he'll probably get through. Marybeth will also pick up the country votes. Time for Hello Sunday to go and was not impressed by Rose.

I liked a lot of the song choices last night... and for once, I really liked the duets too (minus Goodbye Sunday - I don't care for them). 

I really, really liked Rose's solo - I love that song.  I think my favorites of the night were Rose, Jake, Ricky, and Kate. 

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Loved Rickey on "Let it Be" and Hoot on "Desperado."

Me too. Usually I don't like anyone covering the Beatles or John Lennon but Rickey's "Let it Be" was so good. Rose was awesome too. My favorites are Rickey, Hoot and Rose. I don't care who is number 4 as long as those 3 make it.

Kelly looked a lot better except for the ugly red eyeshadow. I did not like the green and pink top Gwen had on. Why can't she wear pants like she did with the white sweater she had on in rehearsal with Rose, she looked so much better.  

4 goes home and 1 of them better be Kat.

• Love 1
On 12/10/2019 at 4:55 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

WTF was Gwen wearing?

The one who's grown the most during this competition is Katie. She started out more as a  novelty but has evolved into a powerhouse. Still hate her outfits and glasses tho. Kat was awful. Will sounded like he was doing karaoke. Hoot started singing and all I could hear was both the Eagles and Linda Ronstadt in my head. Eh, he'll probably get through. Marybeth will also pick up the country votes. Time for Hello Sunday to go and was not impressed by Rose.

Gwen looked like a vagina.

I just watched both the performance show and the results show.  The 4 I wanted made it to the final, so it doesn't matter to me who wins. I still don't get why they eliminate 4 at once, and what do they get for winning? I hope its better than a mirror ball trophy.

• Love 1