Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Answers

• Start Topic

That was definitely an interesting episode. Good stuff to chew on. I like that they are getting a little experimental. This isn't a show that easily does bottle episodes but I think they pulled this off.

• Love 1

I am not enjoying this season and this episode only reinforced that for me. I miss the old show that had a story which the characters never seemed to take too seriously. 

I’ve always been interested in the core characters on this show. It’s what drew me back. But the dumb sped up action sequences and the ongoing angst have taken a toll.  It’s not a show I want to watch anymore. And that seems sad yet inevitable after this half season. 

• Love 3

Didn't we already do this episode last season, with all the characters sounding like they were about to leave?    I don't care for this drama bullshit.   That's not what this show is.  I want to see bad guys being taken down and shit blowing up.   In real life I'm sure agents would be questioning their life choices and next move, but this show has at best a passing resemblance to real life.  

It will be worth it if a) they clean up the mess they made with Anna and b) finally move Hetty out.   I know Linda Hunt can't be available like she used to acknowledge that and address it.    I do dread them bringing on two young agents.   

• Love 5

Maybe I’m the exception to the rule, but I liked this episode. Admittedly, I am not a diehard fan, so I may not know all the facts and nuances that others may know. I know that of the 3 NCISs this has always been the “fastest” show, the one with the most gun battles, explosions and quips than the other two.

But honestly, I like slowing things done and getting into the characters’ heads occasionally. I think it affords a good balance to the mayhem that comes in most episodes.

Also, being a widow, I appreciate that they have allowed Sam (Mr. Burly Seal) to continue to grieve Michelle. And to mention the kids. There was enough in last night’s episode to allow you to think these were real people with real issues.

Also, I think it was important to address that this show may end when this season wraps. But now, they’ve created a way for it to go on, at least for one more season. It would surprise me if LL Cool J hasn’t already said he’d be willing to continue based on what I heard last night. Sure, I’m sure it’d be a reduced schedule, and the young bucks (whoever they are) would carry the bulk of the show.

But I liked this episode. (Yes, too much naval-gazing gets old fast. Yes, I see the pun.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Thirty five minutes in before we see any real action, which lasted for about three minutes.

Terrorist plot?  One guy with an exploding door popper.  WTF!

Callen & Sam reiterating their life's choices ad infinitum.

I don't care about Kensi & Deeks pregnancy "issues." Three months isn't reason to panic.  If so, go to a fertility doctor.

Nell and Eric's antics are boring and childish.

Put Hetty out to pasture. Her absences create more drama than her presence.

Showrunners:  Either re-vamp the show or cancel it.

• Love 6

God this was awful.  40 minutes of looking for the suspects while the cast ruminates.  Sam and Callen's endless loop was tedious in the extreme.  And why was were they working out with such light equipment?  Surely Sam hasn't developed those shoulders and biceps by pulling on those little rubber bands.  Callen was doing rows with 10-pound dumbbells.  Come on. 

We are now treated to Kensi and Deeks's new business proposition:  breakfast.  Callen and Sam's reaction was kind of lukewarm.

Finally Nell and Eric.  So idiotic.  First they are playing video games, then they're crying over Nell's  mother.  And why can't they be in a relationship while Nell's mother is ill?  You're supposed to be glad your partner can support you.  Does Eric want to leave Ops?  who knows? 

• Love 8

I see this episode of only being of value if there wasn't going to be another 13 episodes of the season. It gave us an idea of where everyone was heading.

While nothing was definite, we actually had Callen addressing his feelings, yes, it was long and drawn out, but he did. I thought Anna suited him and was a little shocked he didn't at least try to stay in touch with her when they left Cuba. 

We got confirmation that Sam is considering other options, well, we knew that subliminally, well actually, quite overtly without actually saying it out aloud.  

The Kensi and Deeks debarcle, seriously, 3 months is nothing to stress over when trying to get pregnant.  Kensi even said this and then went on to cry about not being pregnant.  OMG, I know the need to get pregnant is not rational at times, but really? 

And the Nell and Eric crap, fake sword fights in ops and for two people who seem to spend a lot of time together, they don't do a lot of communicating.  I know he spend a month or so away, but why would Nell need Sydney to move in?  She spends all her time (until this season), complaining about their relationship, surely, her moving in would drive a bigger wedge between them and send her even more nuts? (maybe that's what happened!)  And why wouldn't she consult Eric?  And omg, I am too invested in this crappy relationship.  It just seems like the last thing that Nell would really do.  Besides, wasn't Sydney living in San Francisco? 

Another epi I channel surfed through. SOS.

BUT yes it's time for changes. Put Hetty in a consultant role, try Callen in charge. Shake up the partnerships and make Deeks a fulltime NCIS agent or use his laison role more to remind us all this frequently goes down in LA ie dead bodies, car chases etc. 

Also is Deeks a double dipper ie police and ncis pay check?

Lol ... the writers are either mocking us or giving sufficient warning that major changes are ahead. 

With that said it will be interesting to see the young newbies learning from Sam.  Will we know any of them from prior episodes? Will Callen inherit all of Hetty’s booze for them to sit down after a successful mission?  Or will they eat and drink at Deek’s/Kensi’s bar?   Will Kensi be walking around the bar pregnant? 

Will Nell or Beale end up leaving?  I doubt both but you never know.  

Will the changes smack us in the face and be all at once?  Or is this it?

I *think* I know what they were trying to do, but it came out weird. It's about time the writers addressed the issues that Callen and Sam are dealing with. In the past season Callen lost his dad, was ostracized by his sister, found out that his dad raised a Comescu as his own son, and left his girlfriend (ex-girlfriend) as a fugitive in Cuba. And Sam lost his wife of 10+ years in a horrible way and probably felt a lot of guilt since Tahir was *his* enemy and he had had multiple chances to kill Tahir before Tahir killed Michelle. But the writers barely addressed Sam's loss and didn't touch Callen's. I wish we'd seen both these characters try to deal with these issues in 9 & 10 in small chunks, but the writers' focus seemed to be Densi and the wedding. Now that that's out of the way--and since there might be changes coming for everyone--they had to deal with these and tried to cover a whole lot of ground in one episode. And trying to cover that much ground--and still have Densi talking babies (beating a dead horse) and throwing in Nell's hysteria--takes up a lot of time, and it didn't all work for me, but I did like finally hearing more from Callen & Sam.

I really don't like the emotionalism of Kensi and Nell. One of the reasons I liked their characters was that they were strong, intelligent women who could handle stress and difficult situations. Now, they seem to be women who get super emotional when facing difficult personal issues. Their crying hysterically over things is really ruining their characters for me.

Also, when Brendan, Deeks' "trust fund" friend was mentioned, I wondered why wasn't he at the wedding? I wish these writers would talk to each other. Deeks has always been a social guy, but he was all alone at the wedding which was stupid--and now, he suddenly has friends again. And the guy must be ADHD because he just opened a bar and now he's talking about writing for reality TV? And he wants to start a family?

On 12/9/2019 at 6:51 AM, preeya said:

Put Hetty out to pasture. Her absences create more drama than her presence.

Please! I liked Hetty the first 8 seasons, but she became annoying with the whole "mole" story, and now she just gets in the way and mucks things up.

On 12/9/2019 at 6:51 AM, preeya said:

Terrorist plot?  One guy with an exploding door popper.  WTF!

That was laughable.

Edited by 123BP

I wasn't fond of this episode.  It was a downer for a Christmas Episode.  The case in the beginning looked fun, I would have liked to see them all undercover on the case.

And are Nell and Beale kinda over?  Just Netflixing and Chillin? Not that I really care because I never wanted them in a romantic relationship.

Maybe all the leads' contracts are up again and they are playing around with ideas if the show chooses to go on further.  I won't watch if Deeks leaves.  Have a feeling I wouldn't like it if Sam or Callen left either.

• Love 1

I’m ok with Nells’ breakdown.  It’s her Mom- and her Dad.  It was nice that the writers acknowledge how hard it is for caregivers to give up things. 
Kensi, on the other hand, has already learned she doesn’t control her body.   She learned that after the plane crash, and the months of therapy. Plus, it’s only been 3 months. 

• Love 2