Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E19: Some Fences Are Made To Be Broken

• Start Topic

On 12/10/2019 at 9:06 PM, Emmeline said:

Are you kidding me, the 3 amigos don’t know who Ernest Hemingway was?  

Especially Shannon who is always flaunting her degree from that bastion of higher learning USC...that was pathetic. Even for those with just a high school diploma should know Ernest Hemingway...almost every high school in the United States has an Ernest Hemingway novel  on its freshman reading list. What a bunch of morons.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I refuse to believe that those three women have never heard of Hemingway.  It had to be more Vicki shtick for camera time, and the other two went along with it.

I don't give a shit about Tamra's unfortunate looking sons and their incessant whining.  Stop dragging them on the show just so they can get some money out of Bravo.

Right? Tamra's "unfortunate looking sons"...😂...geez, she really turned out some weird looking kids. Spencer looked zoned out on something. He's going to end up like his half brother...next up for him, tattoos on his neck, legs and arms and a big beard.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, amarante said:

It's hard to believe that anyone didn't read Hemingway in high school. What exactly was your English lit reading?

I don't particularly like Hemingway but I have read all of the basics. For a writer of the so-called "Lost Generation", I prefer F.Scott Fitzgerald although all the movie adaptations are awful. His prose is beautiful - Hemingway's Uber-machismo doesn't wear well - at least for me.

Unfortunately much high school reading is wasted on those too young to appreciate it. I loathed Dickens in high school and then rediscovered him and savored his books after college graduation. Similarly, Jane Austen is best appreciated, I think, by those with a bit more real life experience than high school

Still I find it astounding that Shannon never heard of him - didn't understand his cultural significance in terms of Key West and wasn't embarrassed to display such ignorance - whether feigned or real. I do believe that Tamra has never heard of Hemingway as I doubt she has ever actually read a book - she is a stupid woman. I am on the fence about Vicki as I also find her to be an intellectual pygmy and she did not go to college and probably slithered through high school classes absorbing as little as necessary. I doubt she has opened a book for pleasure in her entire life.

The lack of intelligence and cultural sophistication of these OC women is astounding. I remember when they went to Napa Valley and literally spit out the food at The French Laundry = all of these theoretically incredible experiences squandered by idiots.

I couldn't agree with you more on everything you said. I think the only housewife from OC that had any kind of intellectual integrity or displayed any kind of knowledge about anything was probably Heather Dubrow. She probably was also the only one I can think of that had some sort manners and decorum on their trips or excursions to nice resorts/restaurants....her bloviating about her  "Champs" was irritating and annoying however.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Especially Shannon who is always flaunting her degree from that bastion of higher learning USC...that was pathetic. Even for those with just a high school diploma should know Ernest Hemingway...almost every high school in the United States has an Ernest Hemingway novel  on its freshman reading list. What a bunch of morons.

Exactly, I believe, The Sun Also Rises, was part of my freshman lit reading list.

• Love 5

Kelly Dodd is a hot mess. Her "I'm the victim" and "I'm tired of everyone ganging up on me" monologues are so boring. She takes every opportunity she has to bully people and "stick it" to them whenever she can. She's just a malignant person. Her infatuation with having big boobs and criticizing a woman who doesn't is really malicious. Even though hers have been surgically enlarged. Is there any outfit she trots out in where she isn't displaying her "assets"??? Good grief...even when she went for her one and done anger management session her boobs were popping out. I find her to be vulgar, verbally and physically, and a vicious woman with a filthy mouth and mean spirited overall. Blaming her mother for her anger problem sounds about right...she would never take ownership of her nastiness...blame it on everyone, even her own mother, rather than herself.

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I refuse to believe that those three women have never heard of Hemingway.  It had to be more Vicki shtick for camera time, and the other two went along with it.

I don't give a shit about Tamra's unfortunate looking sons and their incessant whining.  Stop dragging them on the show just so they can get some money out of Bravo.

Everybody in my neck of the woods reads Hemingway way back in high school.  They’ve exhausted every conversation, so they went there.  Stupid.  I cannot and won’t look at Tamra and her boys anymore.  They all have to go.  I’m contemplating watching the reunion also, as it’s going to be a screaming fest all the way thru.  Doesn’t Andy realize this or what?  What is his obsession with Tamra?  She’s had it.  He’s thrown off better.  Bring some class to the show already.  Is he obsessed with tits flying around?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, kicksave said:

If not for the books, the 80s were full of Hemingway miniseries! Sun Also Rises, one called Hemingway.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

I couldn't agree with you more on everything you said. I think the only housewife from OC that had any kind of intellectual integrity or displayed any kind of knowledge about anything was probably Heather Dubrow. She probably was also the only one I can think of that had some sort manners and decorum on their trips or excursions to nice resorts/restaurants....her bloviating about her  "Champs" was irritating and annoying however.

Hate to say it but Jersey is the same.  I cannot watch that show to save my life. They have nothing to say except clothes, makeup, buying new houses and who’s screwing who.  I watched in the beginning, but stopped when Teresa went to jail.  That brother .. yikes!  He thinks he’s the greatest sex machine, and Melissa loves luxury, so .....   I will miss Lisa Vanderpump tho.  Too bad.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, kicksave said:

OMG, "bloviating about her 'Champs'" is perhaps the best phrase used to describe Heather ever.

I dunno about the rest though.  Heather didn't know what charcuterie was, nor did she know about a porte-cochere.  I hated her.  She really thought she was the cat's pajamas when she was just a snobby doctor's wife with a big mouth hawking cheap shit on evine.  If she was one ninth as classy as she'd like us to believe, she never would have been on this show.

I found Heather to be an incredibly cruel mean girl--to Sarah, Alexis, Shannon, probably others.  I think gestures like putting her head in her hands when Kelly says "c***" were completely calculated, and I think that she was secretly thrilled that Kelly said it so that she could have the moral high ground to rant and rave about what "base bulllshit" it is to say "c***," so that we would all be awed about how above it she is.  Heather, don't forget that we know you're good friends with Lisa Rinna.

I found Heather's suggestion that Shannon perhaps needed an ambulance when she was--gasp--crying at Lizzie's beach house much more damaging than Kelly's use of the word "c***."  If they had actually called an ambulance, like Heather suggested, Shannon could have been put in involuntary psychiatric care like Britney Spears.  For the rest of her life, she would have to check "yes" on all forms that asked if she had been psychologically hospitalized.  It probably would have fucked with her custody and divorce.  So Heather can choke on a nice fat...piece of charcuterie.

I would rather choke on charcuterie than have to hear Heather wax on about Hemingway and how deeply immersed she was in his literature during her time at Syracuse, and how she did a silent one-man, Off-Broadway play about him in her twenties.  Oh God.  People pretending not to know him is the lesser evil IMO.

They say anytime you complain about something, you should offer a solution, so if I'm going to complain about Heather, I will offer up the following:  Jeana Keough.  I bet she would have been perfectly pleasant to go to the Hemingway house, and has probably even heard of him, to boot.  Lizzie also would have been fine, I think. Meghan King Edmonds.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

OMG, "bloviating about her 'Champs'" is perhaps the best phrase used to describe Heather ever.

I dunno about the rest though.  Heather didn't know what charcuterie was, nor did she know about a porte-cochere.  I hated her.  She really thought she was the cat's pajamas when she was just a snobby doctor's wife with a big mouth hawking cheap shit on evine.  If she was one ninth as classy as she'd like us to believe, she never would have been on this show.

I found Heather to be an incredibly cruel mean girl--to Sarah, Alexis, Shannon, probably others.  I think gestures like putting her head in her hands when Kelly says "c***" were completely calculated, and I think that she was secretly thrilled that Kelly said it so that she could have the moral high ground to rant and rave about what "base bulllshit" it is to say "c***," so that we would all be awed about how above it she is.  Heather, don't forget that we know you're good friends with Lisa Rinna.

I found Heather's suggestion that Shannon perhaps needed an ambulance when she was--gasp--crying at Lizzie's beach house much more damaging than Kelly's use of the word "c***."  If they had actually called an ambulance, like Heather suggested, Shannon could have been put in involuntary psychiatric care like Britney Spears.  For the rest of her life, she would have to check "yes" on all forms that asked if she had been psychologically hospitalized.  It probably would have fucked with her custody and divorce.  So Heather can choke on a nice fat...piece of charcuterie.

I would rather choke on charcuterie than have to hear Heather wax on about Hemingway and how deeply immersed she was in his literature during her time at Syracuse, and how she did a silent one-man, Off-Broadway play about him in her twenties.  Oh God.  People pretending not to know him is the lesser evil IMO.

They say anytime you complain about something, you should offer a solution, so if I'm going to complain about Heather, I will offer up the following:  Jeana Keough.  I bet she would have been perfectly pleasant to go to the Hemingway house, and has probably even heard of him, to boot.  Lizzie also would have been fine, I think. Meghan King Edmonds.

Heather always bragged about coming from “Westchester” .  What’s the big deal?  She also bragged about her acting career, which turned to nothing.   She’s a SNOB and a half.  I heard she sold that big mansion on the hill. Is that true?

• Love 8

Maybe Tamra never made it through high school or gone to classes. She’s not exactly scholarly material. 
She and her ferret faced malcreants need to go, though I think I’d much rather have a conversation with Ryan than that sophomaniac, Spencer. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Hate to say it but Jersey is the same.  I cannot watch that show to save my life. They have nothing to say except clothes, makeup, buying new houses and who’s screwing who.  I watched in the beginning, but stopped when Teresa went to jail.  That brother .. yikes!  He thinks he’s the greatest sex machine, and Melissa loves luxury, so .....   I will miss Lisa Vanderpump tho.  Too bad.

Agreed...on everything you said. Joe Gorga is gross. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Heather always bragged about coming from “Westchester” .  What’s the big deal?  She also bragged about her acting career, which turned to nothing.   She’s a SNOB and a half.  I heard she sold that big mansion on the hill. Is that true?

At least she behaved at public places and didn’t throw food or topple a table. Agree that she was a phony who believed her own bullshit but she could form a sentence without using the words “titties”, “big dick” or give the finger to the other women. She did have a better command of language than Kelly Dodd or Vicki.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe Tamra never made it through high school or gone to classes. She’s not exactly scholarly material. 
She and her ferret faced malcreants need to go, though I think I’d much rather have a conversation with Ryan than that sophomaniac, Spencer. 

Tamra posted a bikini pic yesterday and called out Emily for referring to the three amigas as senior citizens...she also posted a meme with an old lady giving the finger with “I may be an old bitch but you’re a fucking douchebag” written below the picture...classy Tamra. She also referenced Emily’s hip replacements and said “I may be old but at least my hips still work”...I really think Tamra, Vicki and Kelly should be fired...they are all just so toxic and nasty. Just a bunch of vipers using social media to inflame and spew. Gee Tamra...I can’t understand for life of me why your daughter wants nothing to do with you.

Edited by kicksave
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, kicksave said:

I agree with everything except Heather’s bloviating. Not that she didn’t bloviate, but I loved it. I miss Madame. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 12/11/2019 at 1:28 AM, bichonblitz said:

What kind of world do we live in when Kelly knows who Hemmingway is and Shannon doesn't? 

What kind of world do we live in when Tamra's son Ryan looks better than Spencer? 

Vicki and Tamra were saying that they didn’t know who Hemingway was, while Shannon was playing with her phone. I bet Shannon could have named more of Hemingways novels then Kelly if put to a test!!  And...Kelly with the For Whom the BellS Toll, not For Whom the Bell Tolls??  Kelly was googling!!

Did anyone else notice Shannon had her nose in her phone frequently when the other ladies are talking about others?  Wonder if that’s a strategic move when the cameras are rolling?  She was doing it on the night cruise and the parasailing trip. If so, I would highly recommend other housewives utilizing that strategy in similar situations.  

Agreed, how funny that Ryan looked proper and Spencer looked like a wild child?!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Shannon is a mess IMO, besides her creepy nose, she’s got Chicklet teefs.

She's going to far. Her teeth are new. There was nothing wrong with the veneers she had before. Now they are too wide for her mouth. You could see this on her close up selfies on her IG. Ramona from NYC and Kyle Richards did the same thing. Kyle said she did it because in her photo's you could not see her teeth when she smiled, her top lip covered them! Oh, the vanity of it all................when will they stop?

7 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Vicki and Tamra were saying that they didn’t know who Hemingway was, while Shannon was playing with her phone.

This is what infuriates me about Shannon. She tries to fit in with these two so she dumbs herself down. For what reason? She should flaunt her education like fancy pants Dubrow did! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I dvr. Watched last night. I'm sad. I had to admit to myself, after fast forwarding thru 98%, that I have to be done with this. When half the show is flashbacks of screaming or hostility, and the remaining is new screaming or hostility, what's the point. Reality TV has turned into shitty acting, nothing to do with real lives, real people. Was great in the beginning but now everyone is in on the game.

The only people that dare go on these shows are poseurs; not interesting, immature, loud chicks trying to augment their checkbook while looking cool. Fake hair, fake faces, fake teeth, fake boobs, fake lives, prop families.  Everyone hiding their "real life" and trying be relevant. Too contrived, too obnoxious. Who can one up the bad behavior. Do people really scream like this? Faaaaaaamily Vaaaaan. I guess we were warned, but who knew this would be the norm. Embarrassing behavior on film, embarrassing to watch. 

I started making myself listen to music for an hour every night to start changing my behavior.  This is now, no better than the news. More music, less Bravo.  . . . sad.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, kicksave said:

Right? Tamra's "unfortunate looking sons"...😂...geez, she really turned out some weird looking kids. Spencer looked zoned out on something. He's going to end up like his half brother...next up for him, tattoos on his neck, legs and arms and a big beard.

I'm going to go with gender reassignment.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She's going to far. Her teeth are new. There was nothing wrong with the veneers she had before. Now they are too wide for her mouth. You could see this on her close up selfies on her IG. Ramona from NYC and Kyle Richards did the same thing. Kyle said she did it because in her photo's you could not see her teeth when she smiled, her top lip covered them! Oh, the vanity of it all................when will they stop?

This is what infuriates me about Shannon. She tries to fit in with these two so she dumbs herself down. For what reason? She should flaunt her education like fancy pants Dubrow did! 

It is an oddity of Southern California that people want their cosmetic work to look obvious. There is a real difference in terms of the kind of work most people want in Los Angeles versus New York.

I needed a lot of dental work and my concern was that the new teeth NOT look like Hollywood teeth. My prosthodontist was really talented so I left the aesthetics to him after I made sure that we were on the same page. 

When I was having my work done, there was an article on the prosthodontist who evidently did Princess Kate's teeth and is a famous European guy. His thing is to have the new teeth look perfectly imperfect the way really good nose jobs also shouldn't look "perfect". 

• Love 6
On 12/11/2019 at 8:20 PM, Mu Shu said:

Thats a top piece Emily is wearing. Her own hair is falling out. And it looks wiggy. She needs to have it thinned and blended into her own hair. But I’ll agree she looks like Kirstie Alley , the one in fat actress. 

I personally think Emily is lovely. Her hair looks great to me—much better than most of these ladies. If she’s wearing a topper—or whatever—she needs to give the name of her stylist to the rest of these housewives. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I personally think Emily is lovely. Her hair looks great to me—much better than most of these ladies. If she’s wearing a topper—or whatever—she needs to give the name of her stylist to the rest of these housewives. 

I agree, Emily's an attractive woman.  I just wish she'd quit with all the age-shaming.  She's becoming a one trick pony, ratcheting it up on social media.

She should heed her own advice and focus on the abhorrent behavior rather than the chronological age.  Being in her mid 40s, she's not far behind and will be there sooner than she realizes...

• Love 10
14 hours ago, amarante said:

I needed a lot of dental work and my concern was that the new teeth NOT look like Hollywood teeth. My prosthodontist was really talented so I left the aesthetics to him after I made sure that we were on the same page. 

When I was having my work done, there was an article on the prosthodontist who evidently did Princess Kate's teeth and is a famous European guy. His thing is to have the new teeth look perfectly imperfect the way really good nose jobs also shouldn't look "perfect". 

I had a lot of dental work done last year too and I remember bringing up the possibility of whiter teeth and I am so glad they convinced me to go with something natural. They gave me a few examples (celebs) who had the whitest color they could give me, and I immediately decided Nope, don't want that. I think I would have regretted getting these super white fake looking teeth. Mine pretty much look like what I had before (with a few tweaks here and there) and no one is able to know I had anything done. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/11/2019 at 6:33 PM, ladypoodle said:

For a lawyer I assumed Emily would know what reactionary means...

Kelly needs to disclose the name of her surgeon - her breasts, which are in all our faces,  look great.

Kelly had a breast REDUCTION which is why her breasts look so natural. 

Many women who have breast augmentation look strange because their bodies were never meant to have the size of the fake breasts so there isn't enough subcutaneous fat to make them look natural. Hence - the fruits that look bolted on the chest with the tell tale gap between the two breasts. 

Breast reconstruction after a mastectomy is completely different than cosmetic breast augmentation. The first is attempting to return the body to what is was before disease and most women don't want to walk around with no breast at all so the alternative is removable bra inserts or reconstruction. Insurance companies pay for breast reconstruction so it is viewed by just about everyone as medically necessary. 

My opinion is that breast augmentation is done to fulfill society's idea of what an ideal woman should look like. I would never want that kind of surgery - and I am relatively small chested and could easily afford implants if I chose. I actually find the benefits of being relatively small to be positive - definitely more comfortable physically :-).

Edited by amarante
  • Love 12

Just catching up this week. A few observations:

I too was gobsmacked that the Tres Amigas didn't know who Hemingway was. I personally find Hemingway a slog, but geez, to claim not to never have heard of him? They have to be lying, I guess because being stoopid is part of WHOOPIN" IT UP! We stopped in Key West on a cruise last year and walked over to the Hemingway house. I was heartened to see that they got the same tour as everyone gets, nothing special for the hos. BTW, Princess Poetic, aged 30, was with us  decided she wanted to pet the cats, ended up getting bit by one and had to go to urgent care. 

For Vicki being demoted, this season seemed to have been all about Vicks. Kelly was on a season long tear about Vicks, the others where alternately friends ond foes of Vicks. The freaking finale is at Vick's party! If they were trying to take the focus off her, they did a piss poor job. Either move her aside for reals or give her back the orange. 

And once again, Tammy Sue manages to shit stir all season and  not get any heat. How stupid these women are. Tammy is the biggest manipulator of them all. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I dvr. Watched last night. I'm sad. I had to admit to myself, after fast forwarding thru 98%, that I have to be done with this. When half the show is flashbacks of screaming or hostility, and the remaining is new screaming or hostility, what's the point. Reality TV has turned into shitty acting, nothing to do with real lives, real people. Was great in the beginning but now everyone is in on the game.

The only people that dare go on these shows are poseurs; not interesting, immature, loud chicks trying to augment their checkbook while looking cool. Fake hair, fake faces, fake teeth, fake boobs, fake lives, prop families.  Everyone hiding their "real life" and trying be relevant. Too contrived, too obnoxious. Who can one up the bad behavior. Do people really scream like this? Faaaaaaamily Vaaaaan. I guess we were warned, but who knew this would be the norm. Embarrassing behavior on film, embarrassing to watch. 

I started making myself listen to music for an hour every night to start changing my behavior.  This is now, no better than the news. More music, less Bravo.  . . . sad.

I hear you.  I am feeling this way about OC and BH.  Not sure where I stand on NY.  I have stopped watching the news regularly and I ff through a lot of this show.  I don't like anyone on it so week by week I wonder why I am watching.  Both genre's (news and HWs) are full of or about trash people who lie on the regular, behave reprehensibly, have far too much $ for the shit they are, and maybe I need to rethink how I spend my evenings.  It is depressing.  I used to really look forward to this show since it was an escape.  Now I feel the need to escape THEM!  Maybe if they fire everyone and start over.  Maybe I will write a letter to Santa.  

16 hours ago, ladle said:

I’m disappointed we didn’t get a montage of ALL of the women attempting to name a Hemingway novel. 

Or just a novel they have read.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, snarts said:

I agree, Emily's an attractive woman.  I just wish she'd quit with all the age-shaming.  She's becoming a one trick pony, ratcheting it up on social media.

She should heed her own advice and focus on the abhorrent behavior rather than the chronological age.  Being in her mid 40s, she's not far behind and will be there sooner than she realizes...

Agreed. I could write it off when it was one or two comments. But she seems to be a pattern with her. I still like her better than most of the other OC wives but the age shaming is not cute.

Of course neither is the fat shaming that Tamra has done about Emily, the appearance shaming that Kelly has done about Vicki, etc. Repeatedly making fun of someone else’s aesthetics (or age) is really not a good look for anyone. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I used to really look forward to this show since it was an escape.  Now I feel the need to escape THEM! 

Excellent!

When I am in a weakened mental state, my mind goes chicken/egg with the housewives series.

Is this all production driven and the "powers" see this crap as entertaining, or is this the only type of "woman" they can get for this show.

No clarity. 

All I know is this is not healthy or entertaining . . . for me.

And then there is the screaming masses BravoCon. 

I fell like I was the first in line at the train station, the train left and I am still at the counter getting my ticket.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Just commenting on this picture...holy hell, Emily, if filters could talk!  If fillers could talk.  Because, between the myriad of filters used on this photo (she looks like a completely different species from Braunwyn, whom she didn't bother to airbrush around the nose/upper lip area hahaha) and the myriad of fillers that she puts in her face...this is not at all what Emily looks like to me.  

This picture, below, is how Emily looks to me.  Different facial features than what she's putting out there on Instagram.  And this photo below appears to give her the benefit of professional styling and photography, just not filters--what I see is a perfectly pleasant looking woman who no one is going to mistake for Heidi Klum.

1A6040DE-6B34-4804-BDC2-88B2D3561828-2226-0000015EB459FFFB.thumb.jpg.73a4cb561dfe275565ec469e909f89b9.jpg

How come I never noticed that Kelly and Shannon have the same exact nose???

• Love 2
On 12/12/2019 at 11:06 AM, kicksave said:

I have said it before and I will again, Shannon and her daughters are the perfect examples of how those with class privilege and access do not necessarily posses great intellect or solid logical reasoning skills.

Edited by red12
  • Love 6

I haven’t had a chance to read through all the posts yet but I’m going to give Emily a pass on Age Shaming. I dont believe she is shading all old people just Vicki and only because she knows its one of Vicki’s buttons. It’s a good way to get under her skin.

After all the vile things that Vicki has done and said to way too many housewives over the years i have no problem with Emily age shaming her or with Kelly calling her a pig. I have called her much worse.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, red12 said:

Even for those with just a high school diploma should know Ernest Hemingway...almost every high school in the United States has an Ernest Hemingway novel  on its freshman reading list. What a bunch of morons.

My thought is, okay, some of you didn't know about Hemmingway before the trip but once you knew you wer4e going to Key West, wouldn't you google it to learn what was there, what were the tourist attractions, what are the best restaurants, etc.?  The Hemmingway house would easily pop up, and if you weren't familiar, wouldn't you google him?

I can forgive ignorance; I can't forgive indifference.  

• Love 10
11 hours ago, bagger said:

I haven’t had a chance to read through all the posts yet but I’m going to give Emily a pass on Age Shaming. I dont believe she is shading all old people just Vicki and only because she knows its one of Vicki’s buttons. It’s a good way to get under her skin.

After all the vile things that Vicki has done and said to way too many housewives over the years i have no problem with Emily age shaming her or with Kelly calling her a pig. I have called her much worse.

Totally agree with you - I'm 50 and I didn't give any energy to what Emily (and Kelly) said about Vicki/tres amoebas... It was more about getting under vile Vicki's skin and not a global statement, IMO of course. I didn't take it personally. Of all the things said on these shows, the "age shaming" was pretty bland (except that it rattled Vicki's cage and I'm all for that, lol). Even if Emily/Kelly said "all people over 50" (they wouldn't, but I digress) I'd still be like 'Meh, whatever, who are Emily and Kelly to me in my real life?"  They're just two women on a reality program I watch that I find myself less annoyed with vs the others on the show. LOL. Vicki is really trying hard on twitter to keep that pity party rolling and she's got peeps backing her on the "age shaming". Lordt.

• Love 6
On 12/12/2019 at 12:28 PM, kicksave said:

Kelly Dodd is a hot mess. Her "I'm the victim" and "I'm tired of everyone ganging up on me" monologues are so boring. She takes every opportunity she has to bully people and "stick it" to them whenever she can. She's just a malignant person. Her infatuation with having big boobs and criticizing a woman who doesn't is really malicious. Even though hers have been surgically enlarged. Is there any outfit she trots out in where she isn't displaying her "assets"??? Good grief...even when she went for her one and done anger management session her boobs were popping out. I find her to be vulgar, verbally and physically, and a vicious woman with a filthy mouth and mean spirited overall. Blaming her mother for her anger problem sounds about right...she would never take ownership of her nastiness...blame it on everyone, even her own mother, rather than herself.

I agree Kelly is a mess, but I seem to remember that she had a reduction of her natural breasts, not an enhancement? She made a cast of her originals.

• Love 2

Sigh, the things one looks up....

I remember the castings being made but had some memory she had had some implants at some time.  From some articles...

When 39 she went from a "natural" 32DD to 32GG and then at 42...reduced.

She says she has always had big boobs since she was a kid.

Here is a pic from her high school days, as a senior:

x.jpg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Sigh, the things one looks up....

I remember the castings being made but had some memory she had had some implants at some time.  From some articles...

When 39 she went from a "natural" 32DD to 32GG and then at 42...reduced.

She says she has always had big boobs since she was a kid.

Here is a pic from her high school days, as a senior:

x.jpg

So natural DD is not enough to feel "good"? That's grotesque.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 5
On 12/11/2019 at 8:48 AM, TV Diva Queen said:

I can't tell you how pissed off I was about them NOT know Hemingway.  Vicki is 2 years older than me, Hemingway was required reading in high school, right?  Maybe I'm living in a Hemingway bubble because I live across the street from Oak Park, Illinois (his birthplace) and Hemingway is a THING here in Chicago.  The tour guide never told the story about the swimming pool (or it was cut) its a cute story.  Me and my mom were just there in March - I love tours of old famous people's homes, whether I really knew of them or not.    

https://www.hemingwayhome.com/pool/

Complete side track, but we just visited the FLW House and Studio in Oak Park and just loved it. Can’t wait to visit the other FLW sites!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don't get all the breast enlargement surgeries either.  Don't get it at all.  I'm a natural DDD, and I've hated it so much all my life, I've considered reduction surgery for a long time.

My friend just got reduction earlier this year, after losing 25 lbs.  Her boobs just didn't go down, lol.  She was able to go from like an H cup to a DD, and they even removed some from the sides, reducing her overall.  She loves it, her boyfriend loves it, and she looks amazing, smaller.

Here's the thing about huge breasts:  They make you look frumpy, unless you wear skintight clothes.  Any types of tunics or dresses that don't hug your body, just hang off the breasts, creating this shelf, making you look like this giant person.  More than once, I've had someone tell me that I can go in front of them because I'm "pregnant".  

This is why we see the Tamra's, the Kelly's, et al always wearing figure-hugging dresses and tops.

I've had 2 petite friends who, I thought, looked much worse after their enlargements.  It's like they took this perfect, adorable figure, and just ruined it.  One friend who is teeny-petite, always wears silk shirts and black pants, and she leaves the shirt untucked (very cute).  After her surgery, she now looks "large".  Like, it's impossible to tell she's petite anymore.

One of the friends is a runner, and she said they hurt so much, and no amount of extra-strength running bra helps, so she's had to stop running.

And why would a guy want to squeeze something that's hard as a rock anyway?

I'm completely understanding of reconstruction post-mastectomy, etc.  But to increase, just to increase?  I don't get it.

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Higgins said:

So natural DD is not enough to feel "good"? That's grotesque.

Hauling around Double D's all your life sounds like alot of pain and unnecessary inconvenience. However, Kelly does have good looking augmented breasts. 

Unlike Tamra and Brauny...both of them look like their breasts are the result of some tragic accident ...and Frankenstein performed the reconstruction surgery.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 12/13/2019 at 8:54 PM, red12 said:

I have said it before and I will again, Shannon and her daughters are the perfect examples of how those with class privilege and access do not necessarily posses great intellect or solid logical reasoning skills.

I suspect Shannon actually *is* “book smart” (she got into law school) but dumbs herself down to fit in with Tamra and Vicki. And that is stupid on another level, but I digress...

But what have her daughters ever said or done to be part of that assessment? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Hauling around Double D's all your life sounds like alot of pain and unnecessary inconvenience. However, Kelly does have good looking augmented breasts. 

Unlike Tamra and Brauny...both of them look like their breasts are the result of some tragic accident ...and Frankenstein performed the reconstruction surgery.

Brauny's in the talking heads look so awful.  They look like two melons applied low and as far away from each other as possible.  Just terrible.  Tamra's as well.  And it seems like that for just about every one of the HOs that love to have their boobs out in talking heads.  I often wonder if they watch themselves and cringe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

I don't get all the breast enlargement surgeries either.  Don't get it at all.  I'm a natural DDD, and I've hated it so much all my life, I've considered reduction surgery for a long time.

My friend just got reduction earlier this year, after losing 25 lbs.  Her boobs just didn't go down, lol.  She was able to go from like an H cup to a DD, and they even removed some from the sides, reducing her overall.  She loves it, her boyfriend loves it, and she looks amazing, smaller.

Here's the thing about huge breasts:  They make you look frumpy,....

One of the friends is a runner, and she said they hurt so much, and no amount of extra-strength running bra helps, so she's had to stop running.

Thanks for sharing.

(the below disclaimer to not get in trouble) 

• Kelly's reduction is in the past and much of it filmed on rhoc, ....

In interviews, she was described when having her G's:

'She had trouble swinging a tennis racket, hitting a golf ball or even running. She was basically held hostage by her huge boobs,' added the source close to Dodd.

• Love 3