Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
KungFuBunny

S14.E19: Some Fences Are Made To Be Broken

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Me too, same age and I never read a Hemingway book in high school either.....not saying they weren't assigned, I just didn't read them (rim shot, and I'll show myself out)  I tried and tried to like him and I just don't like his books, he life story, I LOVE, but his writing, not so much. 

Which one kissed Roseanne Conner in Landford's gay bar?  

It's hard to believe that anyone didn't read Hemingway in high school. What exactly was your English lit reading?

I don't particularly like Hemingway but I have read all of the basics. For a writer of the so-called "Lost Generation", I prefer F.Scott Fitzgerald although all the movie adaptations are awful. His prose is beautiful - Hemingway's Uber-machismo doesn't wear well - at least for me.

Unfortunately much high school reading is wasted on those too young to appreciate it. I loathed Dickens in high school and then rediscovered him and savored his books after college graduation. Similarly, Jane Austen is best appreciated, I think, by those with a bit more real life experience than high school

Still I find it astounding that Shannon never heard of him - didn't understand his cultural significance in terms of Key West and wasn't embarrassed to display such ignorance - whether feigned or real. I do believe that Tamra has never heard of Hemingway as I doubt she has ever actually read a book - she is a stupid woman. I am on the fence about Vicki as I also find her to be an intellectual pygmy and she did not go to college and probably slithered through high school classes absorbing as little as necessary. I doubt she has opened a book for pleasure in her entire life.

The lack of intelligence and cultural sophistication of these OC women is astounding. I remember when they went to Napa Valley and literally spit out the food at The French Laundry = all of these theoretically incredible experiences squandered by idiots.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Dance4Life said:

The diaper butt and lip injections has to be the ugliest plastic surgery trend. 

I got lip injections for the first time a couple of months ago. I was tired of not having a top lip anymore. Your lips get thinner as you get older. Anyway, I had a very subtle job done, it looks very natural and really nobody could tell except me which is all that matters anyway. My lips don't look all blown u, they just look a bit fuller. These OC gals go to extremes with everything. It doesn't have to be that way. At least Vicki wears her hair in a shorter bob and it looks great. They should all follow suit except Emily, she has beautiful, healthy hair. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Re:  Simon and money.  From his LinkedIn, it shows that he's been a sales manager at a Mercedes dealership for over 5 years.  I bet he makes a nice, steady living.  One of the Celebrity sites says his net worth is $2 million, but I hold no value in sites like that.  But a sales manager at a luxury car dealership, with longevity, does pretty well.

There's some serious dysfunction with Tamra and her 3 kids.  I know she was holding out hope for Spencer.  It's not just the hair color or the septum pierce, as those things are temporary.  Not even the tats, as so many people have tats.  It's that it all happened at once, suddenly.  Did you notice his lackadaisical posture on the couch?  Completely laying back, seemingly disinterested in anything.  

Ryan has serious anger issues, and possibly personality disorder issues as well.  If he isn't in some serious therapy, i.e. psychiatric, then he should be.  Or find a new one.

Sidney hasn't even spoken to her mother in years.

Yet Tammy-fay remains on tee-vee, flashing her huge boobs with the weird skin fold between them, shrieking and lying to stay on camera.  Looks like she took those bowls from that retreat in Arizona and had them surgically implanted.

Of all this mess, I think Simon's the better deal.

Edited by Sterling
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh, Josh is ugly in a his-features-don't-match-up way, for sure!  But Tamra's boys are grotesque.

Again, I of course bring up Watch What Crappens - they always make fun of Gina's Home Goods signs, like "Gather." 

"Gaaath-ah"

I just finished the episode.  Josh still has the prize in my eyes. Lol!

Spencer is just dorky. I hope he does not start on the tattoos..!

They had scenes with Gina living in  a normal home??  Again...this episode she was packing up.  
 

That house all season....was never set-up.

She is so getting scammed my her husband.  Men do that during divorce.  They act sweet towards the women and lie to them about ‘getting back.’
 

They do not want the women scorned and hitting them hard in the divorce financially. 
 

He still won’t film any scenes with her

Ahem....because he also lies to his girlfriend!

  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hate Vicki and her melted crayon ass face and I'm so sick of seeing her on my TV. She's absolutely disgusting in every sense of the world. Watching her screech and bumble around pretending to fall every 4 seconds is so fucking obnoxious - why is she still a housewife or "friend of"? Get her the fuck away from me.

And cute how Tamra treats her children just like she does everyone else - gossips and ices them out, runs away crying when they try to speak to her about how she's a heinous bitch. Fuck her and Vicki. Gutter trash.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, amarante said:

It's hard to believe that anyone didn't read Hemingway in high school. What exactly was your English lit reading?

I don't particularly like Hemingway but I have read all of the basics. For a writer of the so-called "Lost Generation", I prefer F.Scott Fitzgerald although all the movie adaptations are awful. His prose is beautiful - Hemingway's Uber-machismo doesn't wear well - at least for me.

Unfortunately much high school reading is wasted on those too young to appreciate it. I loathed Dickens in high school and then rediscovered him and savored his books after college graduation. Similarly, Jane Austen is best appreciated, I think, by those with a bit more real life experience than high school

Still I find it astounding that Shannon never heard of him - didn't understand his cultural significance in terms of Key West and wasn't embarrassed to display such ignorance - whether feigned or real. I do believe that Tamra has never heard of Hemingway as I doubt she has ever actually read a book - she is a stupid woman. I am on the fence about Vicki as I also find her to be an intellectual pygmy and she did not go to college and probably slithered through high school classes absorbing as little as necessary. I doubt she has opened a book for pleasure in her entire life.

The lack of intelligence and cultural sophistication of these OC women is astounding. I remember when they went to Napa Valley and literally spit out the food at The French Laundry = all of these theoretically incredible experiences squandered by idiots.

This was in 1978, Freshman year was Hemingway -   I didn't read it and flubbed my way through the report. 

Great Gatsby, Catcher in the Rye, Raisin in the Sun, To Kill a Mockingbird are the old chestnuts I remember.  I agree that the classics are wasted on the young. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

37 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I got lip injections for the first time a couple of months ago. I was tired of not having a top lip anymore. Your lips get thinner as you get older. Anyway, I had a very subtle job done, it looks very natural and really nobody could tell except me which is all that matters anyway. My lips don't look all blown u, they just look a bit fuller. These OC gals go to extremes with everything. It doesn't have to be that way. At least Vicki wears her hair in a shorter bob and it looks great. They should all follow suit except Emily, she has beautiful, healthy hair. 

Emily has great hair.  Her look reminds me of Kirstie Alley. No matter their size...they remain attractive.  Vicky is usually a polished dresser along with neat hair.  You can tell Vicky has money.  
 

Then you have Shannon....and, she looks a mess. She had her plastic surgery makeover and weight loss....but, a bad dresser with frizzy hair. Ruins her new look.


If you like your lips....this is all that matters!

I think the thing with the lips is that a natural full lip is thick on the edges.  

For some women, especially, AA, they have the thick edges and an even fuller center.

With the injections....they cannot create a thick edge.  Only the fullness in the lips. 

This why they turn out to look like duck lips.

 Because, only the center has any fullness.....and, your lip line edges  are  flat looking.  

It is not really bad injections....necessarily.......or, how much you use......it is just the lip line is now thinner than your lips and this is not natural looking.

For some women they might have the natural thick edges, but loss volume in the lips......like you said with the aging you lost your pout. These women will have better results. 

You should look into permanent lip liner.  This defines your edges and makes them appear thicker.  

What really can distort  your face is when they do lips and nasolabial folds together. 

If your nasolabial folds are  stretched and frozen....then it draws all the attention to the center.  Lips that are also stretched without ...any natural pillowy creases. 

You gotta watch out for stuff like this. Balance your own features. Even boobs! 🤣

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SnarkAttack said:

I just don't understand why they can't come up with better drama, if that's what they are required to do.  It's over such stupid things, and then they beat it to death.  

I don't get all of the fake hair either, or the fake boobs.  It looks so dated and desperate.  What's wrong with shorter, healthy hair?  What's wrong with natural breasts?    Another body part, the ass, is getting ridiculous too.  All that the Kardashians do is post pictures of their asses; they sure love themselves.

I "get" fake breasts.  I "get" fake everything actually; you just have to go to the right surgeon and do things subtly, and that's where these women lose me.

Sure, a flat chest can look really chic and current on a 5'10" 20 year old model, but I do think that if everyday women work out and have low body fat, leaving them with an A cup, they should go out and buy a C cup if that's what works for them and their husbands, not Alexis Bellino double-D's, because they just make her look heavy (and I'm saying this from an aesthetic perspective, not a moral one).  And of course it's fine to rock an A cup too IMO.  Easier to wear halter tops!

But don't lie about what you got done ladies!  It's as plain as the nose on their faces.  Literally.  

--------------------

I really didn't want to comment on Hemingway, because the three blondes (I'm not even going to call them any silly names, because they like that too much) were clearly saying and doing it just to get this exact reaction out of us.  I don't care if they know who he is or if they don't.  I'm paying them dust.

Maybe this is the reverse-reverse snob in me, but I'm more ok with them pretending they don't know who Hemingway is, or Kelly saying "For Whom The Bells Toll" than a pretentious poser, who would wax on about what a genius Hemingway was, without really knowing his work.

I don't remember reading him in high school either.  I skipped a lot of reading assignments.  But I read Farewell to Arms on my own, and I thought was boring.  Probably because I didn't understand it.  I did read a biographical book about the time Hemingway spent with Dos Pasos during the Spanish Civil War, and I was intrigued.  I would have jumped at the chance to go to the house, but I probably would have spent 40 minutes there, tops.  

Well, damn, now I talked about it.  But I just hope Tamra, Shannon and Vicki know that I think their feigned or real ignorance is about as entertaining as Vicki falling or getting her bracelet caught on a car trunk or screaming--as in, not at all.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, amarante said:

It's hard to believe that anyone didn't read Hemingway in high school. What exactly was your English lit reading?

I don't particularly like Hemingway but I have read all of the basics. For a writer of the so-called "Lost Generation", I prefer F.Scott Fitzgerald although all the movie adaptations are awful. His prose is beautiful - Hemingway's Uber-machismo doesn't wear well - at least for me.

Unfortunately much high school reading is wasted on those too young to appreciate it. I loathed Dickens in high school and then rediscovered him and savored his books after college graduation. Similarly, Jane Austen is best appreciated, I think, by those with a bit more real life experience than high school

Still I find it astounding that Shannon never heard of him - didn't understand his cultural significance in terms of Key West and wasn't embarrassed to display such ignorance - whether feigned or real. I do believe that Tamra has never heard of Hemingway as I doubt she has ever actually read a book - she is a stupid woman. I am on the fence about Vicki as I also find her to be an intellectual pygmy and she did not go to college and probably slithered through high school classes absorbing as little as necessary. I doubt she has opened a book for pleasure in her entire life.

The lack of intelligence and cultural sophistication of these OC women is astounding. I remember when they went to Napa Valley and literally spit out the food at The French Laundry = all of these theoretically incredible experiences squandered by idiots.

I agree...totally squandered!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Emily has great hair.  Her look reminds me of Kirstie Alley. No matter their size...they remain attractive.  Vicky is usually a polished dresser along with neat hair.  You can tell Vicky has money.  
 

Then you have Shannon....and, she looks a mess. She had her plastic surgery makeover and weight loss....but, a bad dresser with frizzy hair. Ruins her new look.


If you like your lips....this is all that matters!

I think the thing with the lips is that a natural full lip is thick on the edges.  

For some women, especially, AA, they have the thick edges and an even fuller center.

With the injections....they cannot create a thick edge.  Only the fullness in the lips. 

This why they turn out to look like duck lips.

 Because, only the center has any fullness.....and, your lip line edges  are  flat looking.  

It is not really bad injections....necessarily.......or, how much you use......it is just the lip line is now thinner than your lips and this is not natural looking.

For some women they might have the natural thick edges, but loss volume in the lips......like you said with the aging you lost your pout. These women will have better results. 

You should look into permanent lip liner.  This defines your edges and makes them appear thicker.  

What really can distort  your face is when they do lips and nasolabial folds together. 

If your nasolabial folds are  stretched and frozen....then it draws all the attention to the center.  Lips that are also stretched without ...any natural pillowy creases. 

You gotta watch out for stuff like this. Balance your own features. Even boobs! 🤣

 I had medium lips when I was younger, now that I am a little older my lips have thinned out.  And instead of injections I don't wear lipstick, I emphasize my eyes instead.   It's a good trick, but you just cannot go overboard on your eyes.  Most men look at your eyes anyway and not your lips.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dance4Life said:

I just finished the episode.  Josh still has the prize in my eyes. Lol!

Spencer is just dorky. I hope he does not start on the tattoos..!

They had scenes with Gina living in  a normal home??  Again...this episode she was packing up.  
 

That house all season....was never set-up.

She is so getting scammed my her husband.  Men do that during divorce.  They act sweet towards the women and lie to them about ‘getting back.’
 

They do not want the women scorned and hitting them hard in the divorce financially. 
 

He still won’t film any scenes with her

Ahem....because he also lies to his girlfriend!

Exactly! All of it!  Then during divorce proceedings, he will fight for full custody so she will  agree to less money and co parenting.  This man is such a douche. He's gotten violent, he's entered her home without her permission, so he will stop at nothing.

11 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I agree...totally squandered!

Btw,  we were not taught to read Hemingway until college. Btw,  I am not a fan of  Hemingway.

Edited by antfitz
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, antfitz said:

 I had medium lips when I was younger, now that I am a little older my lips have thinned out.  And instead of injections I don't wear lipstick, I emphasize my eyes instead.   It's a good trick, but you just cannot go overboard on your eyes.  Most men look at your eyes anyway and not your lips.

Right!  Lol!  You have to work what you got!  👀
 

This is the thing. It is not your lip size that matter for injections. It is your lip line edges. Do not go fuller than them.....for best results. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, kelseykixx said:

I hate Vicki and her melted crayon ass face and I'm so sick of seeing her on my TV. She's absolutely disgusting in every sense of the world. Watching her screech and bumble around pretending to fall every 4 seconds is so fucking obnoxious - why is she still a housewife or "friend of"? Get her the fuck away from me.

And cute how Tamra treats her children just like she does everyone else - gossips and ices them out, runs away crying when they try to speak to her about how she's a heinous bitch. Fuck her and Vicki. Gutter trash.

 I could not agree more! I hate  Vicky. I am not for physical violence,  but I am surprised that no one has smacked her in the face when she stands within their personal space and screeches at them.  Now I DVR the show, and when she appears I FF through it.  The show is so much better that way. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to do that with Tamra as well.  I would like Shannon a lot better if she wouldn't cozy up to Vicky so much. I don't know how she flipped the switch from hating her to liking her. I would be friends with Emily, Gina, and even Kelly.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Maybe I'm living in a Hemingway bubble because I live across the street from Oak Park, Illinois (his birthplace) and Hemingway is a THING here in Chicago. 

Vicki is from Chicago, so she should have had to read at least The Old Man & The Sea in 9th grade.  My theory is she did know who Hemingway was at one point, but too many tumbles and super-dirty martinis knocked the knowledge out of her brain.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

They should all follow suit except Emily, she has beautiful, healthy hair. 

Emily's hair is full of extension, so I must amend my prior comment that they all are obsessed with cheap extensions to all the blondes are cheap extension obsessed.  Emily has discussed several times this season that she has stress-induced alopecia, multiple bald spots, and uses extensions and/or filler pieces in her hair.  So I don't know exactly how healthy it is, but it certainly looks more natural and better maintained than Gina's, Shannon's & Braunwyn's yellow messes. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

Re:  Simon and money.  From his LinkedIn, it shows that he's been a sales manager at a Mercedes dealership for over 5 years.  I bet he makes a nice, steady living.  One of the Celebrity sites says his net worth is $2 million, but I hold no value in sites like that.  But a sales manager at a luxury car dealership, with longevity, does pretty well.

Of all this mess, I think Simon's the better deal.

My dad owns car dealerships (used, luxury, etc), and I can attest that a manager of a luxury dealership can make good money.  But he is not making BANK, I am certain.  He probably pulls in around $150,000 tops, which is fine but not a lot considering where they live.

That being said, I agree Simon is the better deal!  I have always liked Simon, I never understood why he would ever marry Tamra.  I suppose she may have been tolerable before "fame" 😏 got to her head.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

My dad owns car dealerships (used, luxury, etc), and I can attest that a manager of a luxury dealership can make good money.  But he is not making BANK, I am certain.  He probably pulls in around $150,000 tops, which is fine but not a lot considering where they live.

That being said, I agree Simon is the better deal!  I have always liked Simon, I never understood why he would ever marry Tamra.  I suppose she may have been tolerable before "fame" 😏 got to her head.

I always liked Simon too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Is Vicki rubbing off on Shannon? Telling the young men “hold my hand.” And then one of them called her ma’am. Haha 

Yes.  Like the blue color used in incredibly cheap jeans.

18 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Are you kidding me, the 3 amigos don’t know who Ernest Hemingway was?  

Biggest fucking idiots in their age group.  I find it hard to believe Shannon didn't know.  Maybe she didn't want to make her dumbfuck friends feel stupid.  

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, breezy424 said:

FU both Emily and Kelly for the age shaming.

Emily gets two FU's cause you did it twice.

OMG.  Gina looked so much better with shorter hair.   The color?  Not so much.  But still better than the ratty hair and the extensions.

Look!  It's the conch train!  I love the conch train!

Look!  It's the Hemingway house.  I love the Hemingway house and the cats!

Look!  It's the buoy.  Love the buoy.  I told the TV that we have a picture of us at the buoy over there in the family room.

Ok.  I really like Key West and tend to get a little excited.

Tam's boys are....  I don't know.  Unfortunate in many ways?

Gina grew up on Long Island and she's petrified of the water?  Hmm.  Ok.

First thought in my head when the cat snapped at Emily.  Cats know bad people.  As evidenced by how she lets her kids treat her dog.  Anyone who lets animals get treated that way can eff off.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I was at the Hemingway house last year! My best friend got married in the courtyard. It's a cool place, we loved petting all of the 6 toed cats. I also can't believe the Three Witches didn't know who he was. 

I also need to know more about Emily's drug dealing ex boyfriend. I hope Andy asks her about it at the reunion.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Well, except for Mexican strippers 😉

giphy.gif

I didn't blame her.  No one needs to see some dude ear fucking their coworkers

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I got lip injections for the first time a couple of months ago. I was tired of not having a top lip anymore. Your lips get thinner as you get older. Anyway, I had a very subtle job done, it looks very natural and really nobody could tell except me which is all that matters anyway. My lips don't look all blown u, they just look a bit fuller. These OC gals go to extremes with everything. It doesn't have to be that way. At least Vicki wears her hair in a shorter bob and it looks great. They should all follow suit except Emily, she has beautiful, healthy hair. 

I agree.  Subtle is everything.  I get botox between my brows.  It's so subtle no one would ever know but it keeps me from scrunching up my brow.

We just tend to see the cartoonish extremes celebrities go to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Pickles said:

I agree. Tamra herself is looking really pinched up in her face. Plastic surgery and not aging well. 

When you see pics of a young Tamra with baby Ryan, TOTAL rodent face.  She bought what she has now.  That rodent look comes from her.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Me too, same age and I never read a Hemingway book in high school either.....not saying they weren't assigned, I just didn't read them (rim shot, and I'll show myself out)  I tried and tried to like him and I just don't like his books, he life story, I LOVE, but his writing, not so much. 

Which one kissed Roseanne Conner in Landford's gay bar?  

Mariel.  HA!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, kelseykixx said:

I hate Vicki and her melted crayon ass face and I'm so sick of seeing her on my TV. She's absolutely disgusting in every sense of the world. Watching her screech and bumble around pretending to fall every 4 seconds is so fucking obnoxious - why is she still a housewife or "friend of"? Get her the fuck away from me.

And cute how Tamra treats her children just like she does everyone else - gossips and ices them out, runs away crying when they try to speak to her about how she's a heinous bitch. Fuck her and Vicki. Gutter trash.

I am loving this very apt description!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

I disagree.  Some women need AND want to surgically remodel their boobs.

You cannot speak for all women. 

You're confusing "want" and "desire" with "need."  No one needs to get their breast enlarged because of a physical need; it's cosmetic surgery even for those women who do reconstruction.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

I also need to know more about Emily's drug dealing ex boyfriend. I hope Andy asks her about it at the reunion.

I had a hunch about her - she seems like maybe a pill popper to me.  I wonder if she had a bit of a drug problem long ago.  I would think that if she was hanging with a drug dealer, she may have been into the drugs.

Shane also seems like a pill popper - I can usually tell because they say inappropriate stuff.  Don't ask me how I know this... 😉

16 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Rewatching the Hemingway stuff.  They are acting.  Badly.  They want that Tres Amigas spinoff.

Oh dear god no!  You bite your tongue!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Tamra was joking about Hemingway having dinner for them.  Vicki was not.  

She sounded serious to me.  She asked why they had to go to that guy's house, and asked if he was fixing dinner for them.  She wasn't laughing when she said it, and she didn't say a word when Vicki had to Google him, so I don't think she was joking.  If she knew who he was, she would've called Vicki a dumbass for not knowing who he was.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

You're confusing "want" and "desire" with "need."  No one needs to get their breast enlarged because of a physical need; it's cosmetic surgery even for those women who do reconstruction.

A lot of implant surgeries is not necessarily to enlarge but to reshape. 
 

Y’all are strict! Yes, some women need the breast surgeries.

Especially, after mastectomy and reshaping due to skin removal such as breast reduction. This is why insurance covers these procedures.

Y’all are setting women back!  People fight to have these breast surgeries included in insurance programs. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/9/2019 at 12:03 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

So, all of those histrionics, including an ambulance ride, for a sprained ankle?  

This is the only piece of information that excites me:

Because it means this turd of a season is almost over.

Thank God.  The 3 Amigas outdid themselves with the constant screeching, and yelling at the top of their lungs.  It was sickening.  I hope Vikie and Tamra won’t come back.  More of the same will be too much.  Rat face and the ole hag have had it.  Enough.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/9/2019 at 12:29 PM, FlyingEgret said:

Maybe she brings everyone Key Lime Pie?? 

Seriously, I can't believe they haven't shown any of the staples of downtown Key West, especially this delicious one sold on every street corner...

Maybe they think we rather hear their screaming at the top of their lungs.  Production should have shown all of Key West and no Housewives of OC.  That would have been interesting.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

The housewives ruin the ambiance of every single place they go.   I wouldn't want to be anywhere near where they're filming.  They're antics are ridiculous.  Well, except for the visit to the Hemmingway House.  The ladies who did visit didn't make a scene.   Of course Tamra and Vicki weren't there, so that might be the difference. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Emily has great hair.  Her look reminds me of Kirstie Alley. No matter their size...they remain attractive.  Vicky is usually a polished dresser along with neat hair.  You can tell Vicky has money.  
 

Then you have Shannon....and, she looks a mess. She had her plastic surgery makeover and weight loss....but, a bad dresser with frizzy hair. Ruins her new look.


If you like your lips....this is all that matters!

I think the thing with the lips is that a natural full lip is thick on the edges.  

For some women, especially, AA, they have the thick edges and an even fuller center.

With the injections....they cannot create a thick edge.  Only the fullness in the lips. 

This why they turn out to look like duck lips.

 Because, only the center has any fullness.....and, your lip line edges  are  flat looking.  

It is not really bad injections....necessarily.......or, how much you use......it is just the lip line is now thinner than your lips and this is not natural looking.

For some women they might have the natural thick edges, but loss volume in the lips......like you said with the aging you lost your pout. These women will have better results. 

You should look into permanent lip liner.  This defines your edges and makes them appear thicker.  

What really can distort  your face is when they do lips and nasolabial folds together. 

If your nasolabial folds are  stretched and frozen....then it draws all the attention to the center.  Lips that are also stretched without ...any natural pillowy creases. 

You gotta watch out for stuff like this. Balance your own features. Even boobs! 🤣

What does AA mean? Lol please don’t stereotype. Age and race you can’t change. That’s why Emily says those things because she’s hurt. And she probably doesn’t know how to insult good lol omg it’s 2019 you guys wowwww

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Well, except for Mexican strippers 😉

giphy.gif

Oh good times! Didn’t Heather windex them? 

What a snooze this episode was. Puffy faced, pig eyed Emily looking like a fifty year old dowager in a bad wig calling the three abuelas old. Kelly making fun of Gina’s boobs and almost pulling the tracks off her thinning pate trying to put on a hat she refused to wear. Brown Wind desperately trying to make a run up the middle to stay on the show. Pro tip: go with Tamra. Fart face and the Long Island nit wit ain’t going to make it much longer. 

Tamra no matter what she has done, said, will do or say is staying. I believe she’s the only person on the show who has a real contact and doesn’t go season to season like the rest. And she looks smashing in fuchsia. The Dudd has to keep prostrating herself because she’s next if Tamra decides she goes. 

Come on Bravo. You let Gretchen go for being far less boring and listless as Emily and Gina. Drop kick those two, Sink the Dudd’s jet ski, and bring back G and maybe even Alexis. I’d like to see Brown Wind get blind sided by Tamra, so she can stay until then. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Emily has great hair.  Her look reminds me of Kirstie Alley. No matter their size...they remain attractive.  Vicky is usually a polished dresser along with neat hair.  You can tell Vicky has money.  
 

Then you have Shannon....and, she looks a mess. She had her plastic surgery makeover and weight loss....but, a bad dresser with frizzy hair. Ruins her new look.


If you like your lips....this is all that matters!

I think the thing with the lips is that a natural full lip is thick on the edges.  

For some women, especially, AA, they have the thick edges and an even fuller center.

With the injections....they cannot create a thick edge.  Only the fullness in the lips. 

This why they turn out to look like duck lips.

 Because, only the center has any fullness.....and, your lip line edges  are  flat looking.  

It is not really bad injections....necessarily.......or, how much you use......it is just the lip line is now thinner than your lips and this is not natural looking.

For some women they might have the natural thick edges, but loss volume in the lips......like you said with the aging you lost your pout. These women will have better results. 

You should look into permanent lip liner.  This defines your edges and makes them appear thicker.  

What really can distort  your face is when they do lips and nasolabial folds together. 

If your nasolabial folds are  stretched and frozen....then it draws all the attention to the center.  Lips that are also stretched without ...any natural pillowy creases. 

You gotta watch out for stuff like this. Balance your own features. Even boobs! 🤣

Thats a top piece Emily is wearing. Her own hair is falling out. And it looks wiggy. She needs to have it thinned and blended into her own hair. But I’ll agree she looks like Kirstie Alley , the one in fat actress. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Dance4Life said:


 

Then you have Shannon....and, she looks a mess. She had her plastic surgery makeover and weight loss....but, a bad dresser with frizzy hair. Ruins her new look. 🤣

It doesn’t help that she’s so far up Vicki’s ass. It’s as if she’s trying to help her get her orange back and I hate her for it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

i work from home so today, I'm watching old episodes of RHOC.  When Shannon first comes on, she is actually too skinny.  But skinny fat too.  I think she looks so much better now, even though she could do without some fillers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think that Emily is a beautiful woman, but I've noticed that she seems to be constantly checking her look in the mirror and also making sure that her hair is perfectly in place whenever they're sitting around, among other little things.  I like it when the ladies are less made up and not feeling like they have to look so glamorous all of the time.  I think she's following some of the others by trying to look too perfect 24/7.  Just be natural!  Be yourself!  I like her better that way.   I hate when they constantly fiddle with their hair and try to keep it perfectly in place.  Kyle of the BH franchise is the worst to constantly be stroking her hair.  

Edited by ChitChat · Reason: typo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ErikaOnline said:

What does AA mean? Lol please don’t stereotype. Age and race you can’t change. That’s why Emily says those things because she’s hurt. And she probably doesn’t know how to insult good lol omg it’s 2019 you guys wowwww

What are you talking about?  Read up.

 That is not about Emily’s ageism.

The part you are referring to is a chat about lip injections.  Why lip injections don’t look good on people with a thin lip line and end up looking like duck lips. 

AA means African-American.  African-Americans have lips that look nice because their natural fullness match a thick  lip line. 

I am not stereotyping.  I am giving compliments.

I like AA teeth, too.  They are naturally wider and white.

These lips and the teeth....that is the perfect smile!

I don’t know what 2019 means....but, as a tri-racial I am allow to compliment my African ancestry ......at all times!  Our smiles are gorgeous! You cannot buy it!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

For a lawyer I assumed Emily would know what reactionary means...

Kelly needs to disclose the name of her surgeon - her breasts, which are in all our faces,  look great.

Edited by ladypoodle
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would love for someone to #OKBoomer Emily.

I haaaaaaaaate that meme, especially when it’s (mis)used on Gen Xers, but it would freaking serve her right.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

A lot of implant surgeries is not necessarily to enlarge but to reshape. 
 

Y’all are strict! Yes, some women need the breast surgeries.

Especially, after mastectomy and reshaping due to skin removal such as breast reduction. This is why insurance covers these procedures.

Y’all are setting women back!  People fight to have these breast surgeries included in insurance programs. 

That's interesting because I think COSMETIC surgery is setting women back. Reconstruction is totally different 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Higgins said:

That's interesting because I think COSMETIC surgery is setting women back.

If it makes a woman feel good about herself, then by all means, have that procedure done!  Granted, some women take it way too far and end up looking ridiculous, but I'm talking about the "done in moderation" approach.  I wouldn't mind having a little botox, but I'm too chicken to do it.  I've seen women whose faces are so tight that you could bounce a quarter off their forehead!  I would just want the bare minimum that made me look refreshed, not unnatural.  I'd be curious to see what the ladies of the OC look like up close.  I bet some of them are kind of freaky looking.   😉

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

If it makes a woman feel good about herself, then by all means, have that procedure done!  Granted, some women take it way too far and end up looking ridiculous, but I'm talking about the "done in moderation" approach.  I wouldn't mind having a little botox, but I'm too chicken to do it.  I've seen women whose faces are so tight that you could bounce a quarter off their forehead!  I would just want the bare minimum that made me look refreshed, not unnatural.  I'd be curious to see what the ladies of the OC look like up close.  I bet some of them are kind of freaky looking.   😉

What's wrong with normal aging? What's wrong with society that a woman needs cosmetic surgery to feel good about herself? It's sad.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

This was in 1978, Freshman year was Hemingway -   I didn't read it and flubbed my way through the report. 

Great Gatsby, Catcher in the Rye, Raisin in the Sun, To Kill a Mockingbird are the old chestnuts I remember.  I agree that the classics are wasted on the young. 

The issue isn't really whether you actually read and appreciated Hemingway in high school. I had a memorable class episode when I was supposed to actually report on a Dickens' book which I hadn't read and attempted to bluff my way through it. My English teacher actually complimented me in a way by laughing about it. He left teaching a few years after that and became a rather renowned YA author (Richard Peck) who claims to have been influenced by the kids he taught. Ironically I think I even managed to wring out a decent grade because I was the kind of student who applied herself but was rebelling against the idea of being forced to read a dead Victorian novelist :-).

The Three Amigas claimed to have never HEARD of Hemingway and I would imagine that you had heard of Hemingway prior to this episode :-).

It is that level of completely ignorance that is shocking. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

A lot of implant surgeries is not necessarily to enlarge but to reshape. 
 

Y’all are strict! Yes, some women need the breast surgeries.

Especially, after mastectomy and reshaping due to skin removal such as breast reduction. This is why insurance covers these procedures.

Y’all are setting women back!  People fight to have these breast surgeries included in insurance programs. 

NVM.  Not worth it.

Edited by sasha206
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Higgins said:

That's interesting because I think COSMETIC surgery is setting women back. Reconstruction is totally different 

I’ll put my two cents in, but it’s only my opinion.  Kyle Richards is unrecognizable; looks horrible IMO.  Lisa Rinna went too far with those lips that look like a vagina would look, Christy Brinkley closeup looks like shit with the neck like a turkey;  I could go on and on with this obsession, and I for one don’t care for all this surgery.  Just my opinion.  Your hair thins as you age, all your skin thins out and you get age spots, everything gets dried up.  What are you gonna do?  Keep going for more surgery?  Age gracefully .. you just can’t beat it.  Take Wendy Williams.  Wigs and fake humongous boobs that look ridiculous. Surgery and anesthesia is for real problems and could be dangerous.  I remember Vicky after her face lift.  In the bed and looking like a mummy with all the bandages all over her face.  No thanks.   I’ve had five stents put in my chest, two hip replacements and a spinal fusion.  That’s enough anesthesia and hospitalization for me.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

The conversation about aging and elective surgeries is interesting. They all look odd to me, but Kelly has the benefit of having a more genuinely curvy look, thicker and better skin, than anyone else, so its not so extreme. Shannon is a mess IMO, besides her creepy nose, she’s got Chicklet teefs. Her aesthetic choices, along with her pathetic and presumably feigned pig-ignorance to fit in with obvious trash who attended school in order to bully like Tamra and Vicki make Shan’s cotillion-packed childhood and sadsack USC brags (lulz) seem ever more like a waste. It’s a pity and not at all surprising.

Won’t ever happen but wouldn’t it be cool if the show survived long enough to cast a gorgeous woman who was legitimately about that healthy Cali lifestyle but in a genuine way? Actual gray hair and a body honed only by exercise and a face altered only by makeup would be a mother loving revolution on this franchise in particular! Like, surfs, jogs, yoga, an actual plant-based diet unlike Shannon’s idiot’s variants on same? We’ve only seen the absolute opposite. All the fools who join RHOOC and claim “health” are obviously stuffed full of silicone and self-pickling - and they are all ugly as hell. I mean especially the “healthy” ones -every inch of Peggy Tanous, the mutilations of Braunwyn and Tamra’s chest surgeries, the heap of cheap crap plopped on Shan’s head and her puffed creepy face, and of course the girlie Michael Myers, Vicki. Of course, at least Vicki doesn’t engage in the pretense of valuing good health, good conduct, or anything else that can’t be put on credit in a strip mall. I think that’s the nicest thing one can say about her. 

PLEASE LET VICKI GET HER HAUGHTY FLUBBER-FILLED SELF FIRED PLEAAASE. The preview with her oink-shrieking “get off my show!” made me want this so much.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Like 17
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I refuse to believe those three women have never heard of Hemingway.  It had to be more Vicki shtick for camera time, and the other two went along with it.

I don't give a shit about Tamra's unfortunate looking sons and their incessant whining.  Stop dragging them on the show just so they can get some money out of Bravo.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size