Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E19: Some Fences Are Made To Be Broken

• Start Topic

What kind of world do we live in when Kelly knows who Hemmingway is and Shannon doesn't? 

What kind of world do we live in when Tamra's son Ryan looks better than Spencer? 

(Sorry, But I just had to 😉 )

giphy.gif

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

I thought the therapist at the beach was fairly okay, except he neglected to consider that Vickie (and Tamra) are sociopaths and are constantly scheming on how to undermine other people.  I would think NO CONTACT is the right strategy.  For Kelly, thinking of Jolie when Vickie/Tamra puts out bs lies or pulls Shannon's strings to make Shannon (or Gina) attack Kelly just might not be enough!

Note, Gina ran to the amoebas and spilled the beans on Kelly admitting she needs anger therapy, and so she is no real friend.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, TexasGal said:

How do the Tres Amigas not know who Hemingway is?!  Rhetorical.  I know they are idiots.  Actually, I did expect more from Shannon. 

The WTF moment for me was when Tamra asked "who is this guy?  Is he fixing dinner for us?"  Then Vicki didn't know if he was dead or alive.  Let's Google him!  How embarrassing.  Was it Vicki that the cat bit?  How funny.

• Love 8

Gina needs to keep her hair that shorter length.  It improved her looks greatly.  Yeah, color correction is still necessary, but the cut was a step in the right direction.  I know it won't last because these women are obsessed with cheap extensions.  Never will understand why they won't put in the effort and cash to get actually well-done extensions.

I did kinda chuckle at Gina & Emily sharing a little hotel bathroom; juxtapose that with the RHONY ladies' fully staffed white marble house last season, which was even kind of a down grade for NY.  OC is soooo low rent.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Axie said:

Tamra sure has some unfortunate looking sons.  They have two different fathers so the homely must come from her.

I agree. Tamra herself is looking really pinched up in her face. Plastic surgery and not aging well. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

So it appears that Spencer is just a better educated form of Ryan.  

To be fair to Spencer (sigh, even though I hate to be), he is also 10-15 years younger than Ryan.  So he's naturally still at or close to a normal surly stage.  Ryan should have outgrown his attitude by now.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

To be fair to Spencer (sigh, even though I hate to be), he is also 10-15 years younger than Ryan.  So he's naturally still at or close to a normal surly stage.  Ryan should have outgrown his attitude by now.

True but with Tamra as his mother, I doubt this is just a stage.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, goofygirl said:

With you about Key West breezy424!!! And seriously, I'd watch Archie sleeping! What a cute dog!

The rest of it is just zzzzzz.  I think Icky and her lack of coordination  should tell her she needs to be more careful or she's REALLY gonna break something one of these days.  Did y'all see her trying to use those crutches? Just cringe worthy!

Emily and the other ones always throwing out the age thing really chaps my ass.  It's not like they are sooooo much older and it's just not a good look IMHO.  Somebody's gonna be saying shit like that about them in another 5 years and they aren't going to like it. At. all. So happy this shit show is almost over!

I can't tell you how pissed off I was about them NOT know Hemingway.  Vicki is 2 years older than me, Hemingway was required reading in high school, right?  Maybe I'm living in a Hemingway bubble because I live across the street from Oak Park, Illinois (his birthplace) and Hemingway is a THING here in Chicago.  The tour guide never told the story about the swimming pool (or it was cut) its a cute story.  Me and my mom were just there in March - I love tours of old famous people's homes, whether I really knew of them or not.    

https://www.hemingwayhome.com/pool/

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I don't believe Shannon didn't know, Tamra is dumber than a bag of rocks. I think it was supposed to be a funny scene, except it wasn't. 

I think the same thing and I don't believe Vicki didn't know either.  I think this was their attempt to bring the funny b/c they all want a "Tres Amigas" spin-off.

• Love 7

This show is basically unbearable so i'm glad the finale is next week. Bonus: we get to see Tamra run away and be done again!! Just a note about Kelly's therapist "friend," I hope he's not really a friend because it is completely unethical to treat a friend. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

This show is basically unbearable so i'm glad the finale is next week. Bonus: we get to see Tamra run away and be done again!! Just a note about Kelly's therapist "friend," I hope he's not really a friend because it is completely unethical to treat a friend. 

I don't think that was "therapy".

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I can't tell you how pissed off I was about them NOT know Hemingway.  Vicki is 2 years older than me, Hemingway was required reading in high school, right?  Maybe I'm living in a Hemingway bubble because I live across the street from Oak Park, Illinois (his birthplace) and Hemingway is a THING here in Chicago.  The tour guide never told the story about the swimming pool (or it was cut) its a cute story.  Me and my mom were just there in March - I love tours of old famous people's homes, whether I really knew of them or not.    

This comment made me laugh!

They were joking!  It seems like the 3 Amigas were hating on the HWs who went.

They did not want to hang out with them.

You already know Vicky!

Even falling off the crutches was fake.
 Falling off the table at that dinner was fake, too.

Shannon has copied Vicky’s screeching......to ensure plenty of air time.  Screeching during Parasailing was beyond stupid.  I wanted to slap her!

None are funny!

Not even Kelly’s train jokes.   That chick had a 9 pax train!  Hahahahahahahah!

Hopefully, at the Reunion we will find out why Vicky was demoted.  Cause, she whooooped it up all season! 🤣

Emily was bringing up the old age because last time they ditched her party....was it Gina’s birthday??......(you know, when  Emily was a party planner). The 3 Viejas threw themselves an old lady theme pajama party.

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

This comment made me laugh!

They were joking!  It seems like the 3 Amigas were hating on the HWs who went.

They did not want to hang out with them.

You already know Vicky!

Even falling off the crutches was fake.
 Falling off the table at that dinner was fake, too.

Shannon has copied Vicky’s screeching......to ensure plenty of air time.  Screeching during Parasailing was beyond stupid.  I wanted to slap her!

None are funny!

Not even Kelly’s train jokes.   That chick had a 9 pax train!  Hahahahahahahah!

Hopefully, at the Reunion we will find out why Vicky was demoted.  Cause, she whooooped it up all season! 🤣

Emily was bringing up the old age because last time they ditched her party....was it Gina’s birthday??......(you know, when  Emily was a party planner). The 3 Viejas threw themselves an old lady theme pajama party.

Tamra was joking about Hemingway having dinner for them.  Vicki was not.  

19 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Emily constantly brings up their old age. She's on the Kelly Dodd friendship train. It's a poor look for both of them to insult age as much as it is a poor look for anyone to insult Emily's body. There's no need for either. 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Tamra - “I’ll never repeat anything you tell me” that is authentic as me saying I will never again drink wine - both are big, big lies 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I almost expected her to burst into flames when she said this. What a load of crap, we all know she can't keep her trap shut about anything!

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Emily constantly brings up their old age. She's on the Kelly Dodd friendship train. It's a poor look for both of them to insult age as much as it is a poor look for anyone to insult Emily's body. There's no need for either. 

Ahhh, don’t get me wrong.  Ageism is stupid!

It is a privilege to become old.   After you turn 30 ....it flies by quick!  

This season on Big Brother everyone kept calling what is is his face.......Cliff.....the old guy.   He was a 50 year old dad of teens.  He also played all the ‘cool young’ folks and made it to the end. 

Really, 50 is not old!  I will probably consider 70+ old. 

I agree. It is tiring! 

I told ya....Emily has a nasty side.  This is why a lot of people do no get her husband’s humor. 

This reminds me of  50+ Nene Leakes.  ‘I still get my period, Bitch!’ 🤣❤️🥳

• Love 4

I just don't understand why they can't come up with better drama, if that's what they are required to do.  It's over such stupid things, and then they beat it to death.  

I don't get all of the fake hair either, or the fake boobs.  It looks so dated and desperate.  What's wrong with shorter, healthy hair?  What's wrong with natural breasts?    Another body part, the ass, is getting ridiculous too.  All that the Kardashians do is post pictures of their asses; they sure love themselves.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Dance4Life said:

Ahhh, don’t get me wrong.  Ageism is stupid!

It is a privilege to become old.   After you turn 30 ....it flies by quick!  

This season on Big Brother everyone kept calling what is is his face.......Cliff.....the old guy.   He was a 50 year old dad of teens.  He also played all the ‘cool young’ folks and made it to the end. 

Really, 50 is not old!  I will probably consider 70+ old. 

I agree. It is tiring! 

I told ya....Emily has a nasty side.  This is why a lot of people do no get her husband’s humor. 

This reminds me of  50+ Nene Leakes.  ‘I still get my period, Bitch!’ 🤣❤️🥳

I like the Rob Thomas song:  "I'm not afraid of getting older, I'm one less day from dying young."

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Are you kidding me, the 3 amigos don’t know who Ernest Hemingway was?  

The ignorance of these women, not to mention their embarrassing behavior, never fails to baffle me. I too was surprised that not even Shannon knew. At least Kelly Dodd knew - even if she got the name of the book wrong lol.

Why do I torture myself (half) watching these bitches? Maybe because I thought Icky was going to have limited appearances this year.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Higgins said:

Spencer looks a mess. Maybe he chose the wrong parent to side with.

He went with the parent with the money.  That's what you look like when you sell your soul to the devil.

Spencer and Ryan are hands-down the ugliest of all the Real Housewives kids. 

1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Yes, I thought we would hear the penny story!

44 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Wow, the chemistry between Eddie and Mr. Brownwynd.

When they greeted each other, I thought they were about to kiss!  Eddie is in love!  Mr. Brawny seems into it too.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

The Tres Amigas puzzlement over Hemingway was painful to watch. So much for that "University of Successful Children" education, Shannon. Funny how the producer was trying to trap Kelly with the question about her favorite Hemingway novel, and she nearly got it right.

I should find Emily's continual age jabs at them annoying, but since it's directed at them, I don't. Emily's the only one I have any hope for, at this point. Hopefully she gets some actual therapy.

The reunion's going to be a bit jarring, given the total 180s in Kelly's and Gina's relationships since the season was filmed.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, SnarkAttack said:

I just don't understand why they can't come up with better drama, if that's what they are required to do.  It's over such stupid things, and then they beat it to death.  

I don't get all of the fake hair either, or the fake boobs.  It looks so dated and desperate.  What's wrong with shorter, healthy hair?  What's wrong with natural breasts?    Another body part, the ass, is getting ridiculous too.  All that the Kardashians do is post pictures of their asses; they sure love themselves.

Tamra went natural a few years ago.  She has her old implants at the WWHL Clubhouse.

This year....her boobs are bigger than 2008!

I do not think she had those last season. 

The diaper butt and lip injections has to be the ugliest plastic surgery trend. 

I am cool with everything else and let’s hope the job looks good. 

Some women need breast enhancement.  Whether larger, post-maternity or reconstruction.  

Yea, I do not understand why people cannot grow their hair.  

I love long hair!  Mine touches my hips.....and, I am never cutting it!  I follow a long hair diet.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, SnarkAttack said:

Right. Why are we beating a dead horse instead of talking about how Emily ended up with SHANE after she dated a drug dealer??? That may be the most interesting thing she's ever said. 

18 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

He went with the parent with the money.  That's what you look like when you sell your soul to the devil.

Did he though? Simon has money, always has. He's worth a couple million. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Spencer and Ryan are hands-down the ugliest of all the Real Housewives kids. 

Yes, I thought we would hear the penny story!

When they greeted each other, I thought they were about to kiss!  Eddie is in love!  Mr. Brawny seems into it too.

Everyone keeps saying Tamra has fugly kids.  

Now, you say ....the fugliest in the entire franchise.

Really.....uglier than Lori’s kid??  The one that is in jail?  Woof!  It is not even that he is ugly.  His features do not look right.

I am finishing this episode now.  So, I will see shortly.  I am at the husband included dinner and Eddie does not want to share his extra large prawns! 🤣

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

In my experience “old” is always about 15-20 years older than one’s current age.  It keeps getting farther out for me!  😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Whaaaaat?  You can have therapy on the beach. .....?

I live in the wrong city!

All I get is an office decorated with Home Goods ‘inspirational quotes art’.......!

That is right!  You should know this by the time you are 30+.  Winning is not one upping......it is cultivating that calm.  🧘‍♀️

I like this therapist! 🥳

Edited by Dance4Life

I, too, was appalled that the Tres Amoebas couldn't identify Ernest Hemingway.

Vicki's excuse was that he died before she was born.  So she also wouldn't be able to identify Abraham Lincoln?  George Washington?  Julius Caesar?  Mmmmkay.

And Shannon, if you hold a degree from USC and still have no idea who Ernest Hemingway is, then you need your money back.  Or enroll in any junior college....they'll teach you.

As for Tamra, I think her face has been pulled so tight that her brain cells are being squeezed.  And her chest melons are restricting blood flow.  So that's my excuse for her.

Also, if you happen to find yourself in a city where someone of historical significance lived, and you have the opportunity, why wouldn't you go?  I gotta give the 3 who went props, as they seemed inquisitive and seemed to enjoy it.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 10
56 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Tamra went natural a few years ago.  She has her old implants at the WWHL Clubhouse.

Some women need breast enhancement.  Whether larger, post-maternity or reconstruction.  

I love long hair!  Mine touches my hips.....and, I am never cutting it!  I follow a long hair diet.

Nobody "needs" cosmetic breast surgery.

• Love 11

Hangs head in shame.....

I am in the Amoebas age group.  Never once had to read an Ernest Hemmingway novel for any class, high school or college.  

I do know who he was.  Probably because of his granddaughters, Mariel and Margaux--pop culture for the 70s and 80s.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Diaper butt - have never heard that term!!

I'm just surprised that these women, who think they are hip and current, aren't.  They're in a time warp.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, dosodog said:

Hangs head in shame.....

I am in the Amoebas age group.  Never once had to read an Ernest Hemmingway novel for any class, high school or college.  

I do know who he was.  Probably because of his granddaughters, Mariel and Margaux--pop culture for the 70s and 80s.

Not even "The Old Man and the Sea"? I thought everybody had to read that in 9th grade. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Hangs head in shame.....

Me too, same age and I never read a Hemingway book in high school either.....not saying they weren't assigned, I just didn't read them (rim shot, and I'll show myself out)  I tried and tried to like him and I just don't like his books, he life story, I LOVE, but his writing, not so much. 

8 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Hangs head in shame.....

Which one kissed Roseanne Conner in Landford's gay bar?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Nobody "needs" cosmetic breast surgery.

Says who? 

Not all boobs are a gift from your parents!  

I got natural big boobs and love when women have big boobs....fake ones look good when they are like Kelly’s.....feminine and pillowy! 

(sorry.... I am obsessed with boobs! )🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Dance4Life said:

Says who? 

Not all boobs are a gift from your parents!  

I got natural big boobs and love when women have big boobs....fake ones look good when they are like Kelly’s.....feminine and pillowy! 

(sorry.... I am obsessed with boobs! )🤣

Needs are different from wants. I think that's an important distinction.

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Everyone keeps saying Tamra has fugly kids.  

Now, you say ....the fugliest in the entire franchise.

Really.....uglier than Lori’s kid??  The one that is in jail?  Woof!  It is not even that he is ugly.  His features do not look right.

Oh, Josh is ugly in a his-features-don't-match-up way, for sure!  But Tamra's boys are grotesque.

21 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

All I get is an office decorated with Home Goods ‘inspirational quotes art’.......!

Again, I of course bring up Watch What Crappens - they always make fun of Gina's Home Goods signs, like "Gather." 

"Gaaath-ah"

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

Did he though? Simon has money, always has. He's worth a couple million. 

Simon??  Simon Barney?  No way!  He was dead broke when we last saw him.  Their house was in foreclosure.  He had no job, he was trying to peddle that crappy tequila.  Now he is back to selling cars, so he probably has a decent income but there is no way he has a million, let alone a couple. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3