Type keyword(s) to search

Season 33 (2019/20): Episode Discussion

Pallas
  • Start Topic

Maybe I’m alone in this, but I don’t have a problem with authorities using my DNA to find a relative who is otherwise getting away with a crime.  I’d rather see science convict someone than a false confession.  The familial DNA searches aren’t as creepy to me as Alexa - those in-home assistants are too close for comfort.  You never know what is being recorded or what hackers are listening.  Anyone ever read The Firm by John Grisham?  The mob-installed home surveillance pros can only wish they picked up as much as today’s devices, brought into the home voluntarily.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, nora1992 said:

Maybe I’m alone in this, but I don’t have a problem with authorities using my DNA to find a relative who is otherwise getting away with a crime.

I don't have a problem with that part of it either. What I do have a problem with is some private database owning my DNA and profiting from it after I use their service just to get info about my heritage or predictions about my health. So, as I understand it, Ancestry.com, for example, becomes a part owner of my DNA while I'm still alive (and I can only imagine the kinds of problems that might create), and they own it in full after I die.  The terms of service you agree to when you submit to DNA testing say that you “grant AncestryDNA and the Ancestry Group Companies a perpetual, royalty-free, world-wide, transferable license to use your DNA, and any DNA you submit for any person from whom you obtained legal authorization as described in this Agreement, and to use, host, sublicense and distribute the resulting analysis to the extent and in the form or context we deem appropriate on or through any media or medium and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed or discovered.”

Thanks but no thanks.  I'll live on in ignorance if that's the alternative.  It's totally Brave New World territory, and no one seems to be putting the brakes on it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

don't have a problem with that part of it either. What I do have a problem with is some private database owning my DNA and profiting from it after I use their service just to get info about my heritage or predictions about my health.

That is most definitely my issue and so many people are unaware of it because we are so used to just agreeing to stuff without reading it. It’s why I will never sign up for any of those DNA testing services. Also, I don’t trust the government (or private companies) to destroy the DNA they collect so even though there was basically no evidence tying him to the crime they were able to collect Michael Usry Jr.’s DNA and he has to trust that it will be destroyed and not used in some other manner which is extremely worrisome to me.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8

I didn’t realize the various companies OWN your DNA.  What are they doing with it, practicing cloning?!?!?

Leaked Black Friday adds show that some stores have door busters on DNA kits.  Life is starting to feel like a Twilight Zone episode.

• Love 8

Just about everything you sign away is worrisome to me, too.  And the incredibly galling part is that you pay them for the privilege of giving them an eternal license to do what they will and profit from ownership of a part of your body.  It's like a license to steal in perpetuity, and you pay them to do it to you.  And your children and your children's children . . .

Unbelievable.

Always read what you sign, for sure.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, nora1992 said:

Maybe I’m alone in this, but I don’t have a problem with authorities using my DNA to find a relative who is otherwise getting away with a crime.  I’d rather see science convict someone than a false confession.

I understand that, but I think your DNA is part of your personal information, and for me there's no compelling reason to turn that over to law enforcement unless there's a good reason.  If somebody has voluntarily shared their genetic material knowing the risks associated, then I understand that it's publicly available and can be used by the police.  I just worry that people don't understand those risks when they submit their DNA online.  And we can't really know what will happen with our DNA in this emerging field as of today.

For me, this case isn't really a tale of when familial DNA searches saved the day.  Yes, the outcome is extremely positive: the right guy was captured and the wrong guy was vindicated.  That part I'm OK with, but this is really a failure of law enforcement for many years until Parabon got involved. 

So a young woman is murdered.  They pick up this guy Chris because he happens to be a local friend of somebody who's committed a violent crime in Nevada.  Think about how tenuous that connection is for a second.  Then they bring that guy in who changes in story 7 times until finally confessing to avoid the gas chamber they illegally told him he'd receive if he didn't.  And even through all the false stories he's fed them, the one thing that he said is the real guy who did it (because they already KNOW Chris's DNA doesn't match) is named "Mike something." And, while they're at it, they'll add a rape charge for Chris even though, again, his DNA was not found on the victim.

Fast-forward years later to their decision to access the DNA of some guy who gave it to another company that was bought by Ancestry.com.  That gives them a familial match, and what luck! He has a son named Mike (what are the chances???).  Never mind that he's only been to Idaho like one time in his life and spends most of his time in Louisiana.  They must be on to something! They spend all this time and resources accusing that guy who thank goodness is cleared.  But they tell him it's definitely somebody in his family, so he can be super-suspicious of these fundamental relationships going forward.

Finally Parabon comes in and gets to work.  They work up a family tree,  then the cops find the obscure obituary that leads them to an as-yet unknown family member who turns out to be a match.  AND HE LIVED ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE VICTIM AT THE TIME IT HAPPENED!  They couldn't have found this guy at the time?

So I'm not really OK with the take-away of this episode being that cops used this amazing tool to solve a cold case.  The DNA match to somebody else just took away all of their excuses for putting the wrong person behind bars 20 years ago. 

Edited by rwgrab
  • Love 10

11/16 episode

Jesus God, that poor man. And none of the cops would have done anything differently? Really?! What the hell has to happen for the cops to take it seriously. Multiple threats, stalking, arson. I think I would have left town if my life was that in danger and the cops didn't give a fuck, but the guy had kids so what is he supposed to do?  

• Love 15

I cannot deal with the fact that the ADA took on her divorce case after he prosecuted her!! I understand he was only a part time employee so I am not suggesting he shouldn’t be able to make a living but that seemed like a basic fundamental lack of judgement.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I cannot deal with the fact that the ADA took on her divorce case after he prosecuted her!! I understand he was only a part time employee so I am not suggesting he shouldn’t be able to make a living but that seemed like a basic fundamental lack of judgement.

I cannot imagine wanting to have anything to do with that psycho if you didn't absolutely have to.  If the divorce settlement wasn't to her liking, the ADA might've ended up with a firebombed house.

• Love 8

The double standards for domestic violence were so strong in this episode (11/16). If the roles were reversed and the ex-husband was making threats, burning houses down, stealing documents .... most likely his ass would have been in jail long before murder. 

I hope the people in the show who felt they did nothing wrong feel a bit of shame when they see this episode. They may be technically/legally correct.... but it would have been nice for them to acknowledge that perhaps it could have been handled better. I am guessing they don't want to open up any lawsuits from the children, though.

Very sad case. He seemed like a good dude. I am glad that evil bitch and her father will both die in prison. They fall into my category of "human garbage" - which is defined as people who cause lots of suffering and contribute little good ,over long periods of time, and society is better off with them locked away and/or dead. 

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 11
On 11/23/2019 at 9:18 PM, druzy said:

Why was the informant wearing CBI clothes in the Justice for Kelsey episode? I'll put the video in a spoiler tag.

I'm guessing it was to conceal her identity and not give anything away. For example, if neighbors looked out and saw her there, they would think it was the police department going through the condo.

• Love 7

When I watch cases like this one with Kelsey it makes me think how scary it is to think we could have a person in our midst who is willing to actually murder us.  If I was ever in a divorce/custody or serious business partner conflict, I would be sleeping with one eye open.  I hope that woman who helped him experiences lots of public shaming for the rest of her life. 

• Love 8
On 9/29/2019 at 12:58 PM, Soobs said:

I don't think she go away for life, but having to take more accountability for her crimes than just probation would have been nice.

Even though Skyler 'appeared' oblivious to what she had done, and seemed to get 'only' probation, I have a feeling this pregnancy/death will haunt her more, and more deeper, as she ages. If and when she becomes an expectant mother, I think she will want to crawl out of her own skin with remorse and shame. Sometimes bad decisions and behaviours have a way of sneaking up on us and smacking us in the head with the seriousness of the outcome.

• Love 1
On 11/10/2019 at 5:45 PM, walnutqueen said:

Once again - NEVER, EVER. EVER talk to the cops.

And there outta be a law against what lengths LO lie to make their means justify their ends.

What saddens me is that the older I become, the more I am made aware that all is not how it appears to be. I am saddened to see and learn of crooked cops, covering for each other or planting seeds of doubt (literally) if they have a gut response that someone is guilty (yet refuse to acknowledge someone's innocence.). How do we recognize which lawyers, police, political agents are advocating for us and for the community, rather than for themselves? I trust no one's word without proof.

• Love 4
On 11/10/2019 at 5:28 PM, rwgrab said:

I understand that, but I think your DNA is part of your personal information, and for me there's no compelling reason to turn that over to law enforcement unless there's a good reason.  If somebody has voluntarily shared their genetic material knowing the risks associated, then I understand that it's publicly available and can be used by the police. 

My fear is when I see that a tiny bit of blood DNA, found on a knife hilt, and is the size of the period at the end of this sentence, is enough final evidence to send a person to jail for murder. How can I be guaranteed that any DNA collected from me years ago, won't suddenly appear in a crime scene that I am implicated in (although I wasn't there)? Now that they can replicate DNA chains to make larger samples, I am both impressed and terrified with all the possibilities. If police and lawyers were able to get death penalties for criminals w/o any forensic evidence, what is there to stop these same crooked players from punishing the people they feel are truly guilty?

• Love 3
On 11/10/2019 at 4:02 PM, Mondrianyone said:

Always read what you sign, for sure.

And file away a hard copy. 20 years ago I got caught up in the act of going paperless and transferring everything onto my computer, backups in my emails as PDFs, and feeling quite proud of myself. Until, I received notice that things were changing and I'd have to start paying money for the privilege of having so much data stored in my emails (Yeah... like that's taking up any space in cyberland?). Offers to upload to cloud come with a cost if I have too many documents. Now I am trying to go back to my hard copy so I have a simplistic back up within my reach. I feel like I am attempting to reinvent the wheel and wasting resources in doing so. 

• Love 2
On 11/10/2019 at 5:45 PM, walnutqueen said:

Once again - NEVER, EVER. EVER talk to the cops.

And there outta be a law against what lengths LO lie to make their means justify their ends.

Thank goodness for shows like 48 Hours, etc. because I have learned my rights, especially if I am taken in for questioning. Given I don't commit crime, I didn't realize that I do not have to answer anything, I can shut down an interview the minute I request a lawyer, and they can only hold me for 48 hours on a random charge. How would average citizens know this? I think of all the petty criminals in Texas that were charged with crimes the DA knew they didn't commit (Connick) and nothing was done because so long as Connick came out looking great, the defence didn't need to see the real evidence. I am appalled at what lengths certain law players will go to even if it means destroying another's life, just for personal accolades.

• Love 3
On 9/29/2019 at 2:09 PM, Ohmo said:

I'm OK with what the jury decided because it was based on the one thing that could be proven---that Skylar buried human remains in the backyard.  The prosecution should have better control of its experts.  That recantation shot their credibility to heck, and they couldn't prove either way whether Baby Annabelle was alive or dead.

Was there any attacks on the biological father? Surely he must have figured out she was pregnant, or if she had a plan, or was he even questioned in this case?

Chacey Poynter. It was obvious to me she was guilty a few minutes after watching her talk. Her weird shaking in the car after the murder seemed so forced especially since she kept her arms locked. She's bizarre. 

• Useful 1

The Mary Day case was an example of an episode where the entire thing could have been completed in 20 minutes, but the show kept going down roads they knew led nowhere to pad things, and to mislead the audience into thinking that the hooves they heard were zebras.

Granted, Mary Day suddenly showing up alive 20+ years after vanishing was interesting, but it would have been pretty farfetched to accept that the woman claiming to be Mary was actually a secret daughter the mother had, who somehow was able to abandon her own life to pose as Mary.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/2/2020 at 8:36 PM, MsJamieDornan said:

The Mary Day case was odd, very odd.

It was very odd indeed. I admit, the editors had me all over the place, thinking her dead, thinking the present Mary was actually a daughter adopted out.

I realize the case could have been explained within 1 or 2 hours, but I am left with so many questions, I am curious if more time was needed? I still wish I knew if there had been a body moved from the first site to another Day home as the cadaver dogs indicated.  

I find it odd that Mary never needed her formal ID in all those years she was gone. I also would love to know how she survived on the streets? Other than the one woman, does any other family remember taking her in? She was only 13, and without any education. She must have been very street smart to survive.

Her parents/step parents, whoever they were should have never had children as they seemed to lack the nurturing gene. However, when I learned the mother may have misappropriated Mary's $$ left to her by her deceased father's insurance $$, that made me feel that the kids were a means to an end for the Mom. 

Lastly, what mother states, years later, her 13 year old child has been running away for 4 years? Isn't that a huge red flag? Children often want to stay with their families, regardless of how dysfunctional they seem. If Mary needed to move on, I guarantee she was in a far worse, more dysfunctional situation that I could imagine. I admit I still cannot account for why Mary's accent is so Southern, unless she wasn't 13, but 9, when she initially ran away?

Anyhow, I am glad Mary Day is alive. And I discovered that I need these type of crime cases, every so often, just so I don't feel so sad and depressed for the victim. I think Mary Day turned out to be a very strong survivor. I hope if she has children, she treats them as they should be... not as she was treated.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 11/10/2019 at 4:02 PM, nora1992 said:

I didn’t realize the various companies OWN your DNA.  What are they doing with it, practicing cloning?!?!?

This was news to me as well. If I cannot own the very nucleus/ genetic chain that identifies me as 'me', then no one else can have it. Thank you for the information.

I realize if I commit a crime, my DNA can be taken. But I will require a letter stating that if no link, or correlation, is found between my DNA and whatever crime; then any surviving samples containing my DNA need to be destroyed.

Keeping my DNA chain profile online for other police, is fine with me, especially if a court order was granted (and I ended up being guilty). I feel forensics is vital nowadays in investigations. 

But if I am cleared, I would like my items which contain my DNA, returned to me.

Overall, I enjoyed the show as it had me second-guessing myself at every turn.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 1

I had never heard of Israel Keyes before last night. I'm now sad that I know anything about him.

Pure evil!

May his victims rest in peace, despite the fact that he had zero regard for them or their loved ones.

Again, pure evil!

• Love 8

Tracking the Murders Of Israel Keyes - May 9/2020

Did anyone else watch this. Here's an episode that I needed two hours at least for, but got only one.

I remembering studying abnormal psychology and experimental psychology (among many other courses) for my counselling degree/career. One of the many experiments I had to study involved Harlow's Monkeys.

I love watching monkeys as they pick up things so quickly. I enjoy watching all animals who are clever and show unique personalities. I remember having to study Harlow's experiments because it involved the theme of offspring shown parental love, offspring shown a fake parent unable to respond, and a wire parent - cold and non moving. I won't go into it as I was disturbed by the experiments, but I love at someone like Israel - growing up with no outside intervention, lack of a specific position/identity within the 10 siblings, bright yet confined to home schooling, and the final observation that Israel didn't 'belong' anywhere.

He reminded me of Harlow's monkeys. Anyhow, his neighbour-next-door friendliness, switching to his depravity (which he knew enough to recognize others don't think that is "normal".) I wonder what he saw growing up and will any of his siblings be able to see Israel for who he truly was. When he said his whole family thinks he did it, then that tells me he was exhibiting signs early in life.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, lb60 said:

I had never heard of Israel Keyes before last night. 

Same!!! Not a word, which makes me wonder how many other potential serial murders/crimes are presently taking place, but we just don't have enough evidence to notify the public or even insist whether it is one person, or a two-person crime.

When Israel mentioned keeping Samantha's body in his shed until he returned from his family cruise, I was appalled at his ability to compartmentalize family life from killer life. Sociopathic to the core.

I also agreed with the detective who asked (after Israel stated he threw her body in the lake while ice fishing) if he had caught any fish, and what did he do with them. He said yes, he caught fish and ate them, of course. He did not consider it a sickness that he lured fish with body parts, then ate the fish he caught. Israel was able to compartmentalize the two actions, and did not understand why this would appear horrible. 

The only thing I appreciate, is his request to set an execution date. But I also wonder if he did that to get an idea so he knew when to act on how HE wanted to go out. Robbed the family again, although I could never watch an execution. But I am fine with the death penalty for criminals who help recover bodies, and do not deny the huge amounts of evidence.  

• Love 5

The Investigation Discovery channel just showed a rerun of a "48 Hours" episode about the 1976 Chowchilla incident with the school bus full of kids who were kidnapped. I'd never heard this story before-what a bizarre, terrifying case. Those poor children. It was tough to see how emotional some of the victims got reliving their memories of the incident all these years later, and so sad to hear about the struggles some of them dealt with in the aftermath as well. 

The 14 year old, Michael, though...what a true hero. Him and the bus driver both. I loved hearing about how they worked to free everyone, and I loved hearing about how the older kids did their best to try and calm the younger children down and keep them safe. I can only imagine how tough that would've been to do, but I admire their bravery and protectiveness. All the kids' responses were amazing, really. 

It's crazy that a couple of the kidnappers got paroled in the end, and the reasons as to why were frustrating, too. I mean, they took children. The kids could've died down there. I think that's enough to make the chance of parole nonexistent. Seeing that one of the kids managed to forgive the kidnappers was pretty remarkable, though-I just hope the two who've been paroled have genuinely turned over a new leaf and do feel some kind of remorse. 

(I did get a good laugh out of the reason why the kidnappers weren't able to make their ransom demand, though. Great planning there, geniuses.)

Incredible story. I wish all the survivors well. 

• Love 7

Crazy Lori Vallow. I'm astounded she has supporters. Her mom and sister are delusional. 

I also found her mom's face very distracting and off putting. (I'm going to hell.)

• Love 16
On 5/2/2020 at 10:36 PM, MsJamieDornan said:

The Mary Day case was odd, very odd.

At the end they asked "Do you think the woman claiming to be Mary Day is/was Mary Day/  I went (to myself) HUH? They just answered it in the episode

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Court said:

Crazy Lori Vallow. I'm astounded she has supporters. Her mom and sister are delusional. 

I also found her mom's face very distracting and off putting. (I'm going to hell.)

The thought of Tylee potentially being pushed into those hot springs in Yellowstone is just horrific.  The inferences from the cops seem to indicate that there's more there.  Rexburg PD is no longer saying anything.  I'm hoping that's because they've got material to build a case against her.  Her entire family is crazy.  I feel sorry for Tylee's friend and her mother.  I think they are trying to prepare themselves for what we all fear to be true.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Court said:

Lori Vallow's mother made me think of a cross between "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane" and Tammy Faye Bakker.  Scarey indeed and if you're going to hell, I'm bringing the wine!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

It's amazing what you can get away with if you're pretty, blonde and have money. More should have been done when her brother killed her husband and then Lori just drove the kids to school. "Hey, your uncle just killed your dad, get in the car we're late". It's like human life didn't matter to her. Did a social worker intervene at that point and question the kids? Lori's talk of demons reminded me of a bipolar relative of mine who would say he thought certain people were imposters and the real version of them was gone. It's disturbing and dehumanizing talk that can be a slippery slope to murder. My relative was not violent but I definitely avoided him until he sought treatment.

I think she became mentally ill and this doomsday author capitalized on it and convinced her that the kids had to go. He's a real psychopath. The version of Lori that her mother and sister were speaking of was the healthier version and that isn't the current person she is. I saw a lot of denial and excuses there.

This must be so frustrating for law enforcement. I don't know how they can prove murder unless the doomsday guy (who also probably murdered his wife) or Lori cracks and I don't see that happening.

I remember watching another show about this case and they said the doomsday author's wife told a friend that someone attacked her or took a shot at her a week before she died. I can't remember what kind of attack it was but it was kind of serious and she blew it off.

It's crazy that it took so long for minimum consequences and they may never face full consequences. Those poor kids. They had no one protecting them after the dad was killed.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

Lori Vallow's mother made me think of a cross between "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane" and Tammy Faye Bakker.  Scarey indeed and if you're going to hell, I'm bringing the wine!

YES YES YES!!!!! Her mother looked liked Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane...she scared the crap out of me!!!!! Her sister had a hairstyle from 1967. They both are covering up for Lori...who looks like a real socio/psychopath. And that Daybell guy looks like the biggest dork in the world...I think he's the follower and she's the one calling the shots...literally. If she wasn't arrested, he would be the next one in line to be killed. She's a stone cold socio/psychopath who has zero feelings for anything. Sorry to say, but those kids will never be found...they were probably killed in Yellowstone and their bodies have been either dissolved in a hotspot or devoured by the wildlife...plus, this was committed in the Fall and the Yellowstone winters are brutal with sub zero temps...no way they could have survived it. 

• Love 7

To anyone (looking at you mom and sister) who continues to defend that sociopath Lori, I have one request:

STFU!!!

You're delusional if you think grievous harm hasn't come to those poor children. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

think he's the follower and she's the one calling the shots...literally. If she wasn't arrested, he would be the next one in line to be killed.

I'm getting that same vibe.  I think Chad might have believed all the stuff he's spouting about light/dark etc,. and it was all kinds of nutty, but he never acted on any of it to harm someone until Lori showed up.  Chad was married to Tammy (the first wife) for 29 years, yet she didn't die until Lori showed up.  Alex also attacked one of Lori's exes before Charles.  Chad may be a nutjob, but Lori is a violent nutjob.  I agree that Chad's leaving her in there because it's safer for him.  I also think that's why Lori is so mum about the kids.  She knows she's a hated woman.  Once she confirms they're dead, the chances are she would meet her end in prison.

• Love 11

So. Caught the story about Maria Spencer tonight. 

Holy shit. What a freaking psycho. Her comment to Frank about wanting to chop off his hands so he couldn't hug his children again...Jesus Christ, woman. 

It wasn't mentioned in the episode, but I kept wondering if the reason that the police seemed to keep dragging their feet on properly investigating all the crimes she committed prior to the murder-the arsons, the attempted murder of Frank's new girlfriend, .the death threats, etc.-had to do with the fact that Maria's father was involved with the mob. I could definitely see him either intimidating police and detectives, or hiring people to do so. Either that, or perhaps he paid off the right people to try and keep them from going after his daughter. I mean, there was already that questionable situation with the guy who'd prosecuted Maria turning around and becoming her divorce attorney, so...

But yeah, I get that sometimes it can be hard to get the necessary proof and you don't want to risk going to trial with a thin case, but it does feel like there was a lot more that could've been done that wasn't. Thank goodness Maria was stupid enough to not know when and how to keep her mouth shut. I actually clapped when I heard she was found guilty on every single charge and would be spending the rest of her life in prison. And I'm glad her dad's stuck in prison, too-and I love how he didn't even bother trying to take the fall for his daughter or anything. What a pair. Good riddance to them both. 

• Love 2
On 5/17/2020 at 1:38 AM, Court said:

This is just a batshit crazy story. Lori's mom and sister are delusional and made themselves look like asses defending Lori. Never did they show any concern for their grandkids/niece & nephew. If I heard "I'm sure she has her reasons" or "that's not the Lori we know" one more time, I was going to throw something at the TV. 

Of course something horrific happened to the kids. Otherwise, someone would say something.

And when Lori's brother killed her ex-husband? Oh, he's dead? Well I gotta get the kids to school. Then when she comes back, she's smiling and joking with police? What in the actual fuck. If a stranger happened to be killed in my house, I would show more emotion than Lori did. 

I feel terrible because it seems that although law inforcement and TJ's grandparents are fighting for them, no one is looking out for them. The kids (and they are minors) are missing. The mom isn't saying jack. It is absolutely frustrating.

And how about the dog? When others (including the dog trainer) said that TJ was doing so much better with the dog, Lori returns him to the trainer. And Lori's stupid family says "Oh, TJ never liked the dog anyway." Again - what in the actual fuck. 

I have no patience for these religious zealots either. Chad's wife had to have been murdered, I hope exhuming her body turns up some real evidence. 

• Love 9
On 5/17/2020 at 6:34 PM, lb60 said:

You're delusional if you think grievous harm hasn't come to those poor children. 

Sometimes, I really hate being right.

RIP Tylee and JJ. You deserved so much better.

Lori, Chad, and anyone else involved can rot in hell.

• Love 3
On 5/10/2020 at 5:08 PM, Chalby said:

Same!!! Not a word, which makes me wonder how many other potential serial murders/crimes are presently taking place, but we just don't have enough evidence to notify the public or even insist whether it is one person, or a two-person crime.

When Israel mentioned keeping Samantha's body in his shed until he returned from his family cruise, I was appalled at his ability to compartmentalize family life from killer life. Sociopathic to the core.

I also agreed with the detective who asked (after Israel stated he threw her body in the lake while ice fishing) if he had caught any fish, and what did he do with them. He said yes, he caught fish and ate them, of course. He did not consider it a sickness that he lured fish with body parts, then ate the fish he caught. Israel was able to compartmentalize the two actions, and did not understand why this would appear horrible. 

The only thing I appreciate, is his request to set an execution date. But I also wonder if he did that to get an idea so he knew when to act on how HE wanted to go out. Robbed the family again, although I could never watch an execution. But I am fine with the death penalty for criminals who help recover bodies, and do not deny the huge amounts of evidence.  

For anyone who is interested in a very, very deep dive into Israel Keyes, I highly recommend the podcast True Crime Bullshit - season 2 - https://www.our-americana.com/tcb

• Useful 3
  • Love 1