Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/09/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I don't think she's mean either.

I think Whoopi has a meanstreak, carries grudges 4EVER, has a degree of power, and isn't someone you want to tangle with.  That's not to say she's not kind at times, charitable at times...she's an enigma.

• Love 8

One thing is for sure, if you come at Whoopi, she will fight back.  We saw that recently with Trump Baby.  Even MeAgain experienced it, before she learned not to go up against Whoopi.

I think the difference between Whoopi and MeAgain is that Whoopi doesn't start out an interview antagonistically.  She is not trying to do the childish Gotcha question.  But when you come after her, she will definitely bite.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I don't think I would call Whoopi mean, but she's so poorly suited to being ringleader/moderator. And there are certain topics that she'll go off on tangent about and it's very cringey.

Whoppi is the definition of a pot addled mind with a short fuse. Aside from Meghan, she is number one in creating unnecessary uncomfortable moments at the table. Rather than rolling with a joke (recently, when Sunny was joking about not getting a lasagna), she gets her hackles up (schooling Sunny about why exactly she gets that lasagna on her birthday).

I appreciated Meghan pushing on Steyer. He did buy his way into the debates over candidates who probably deserved the slot more. He should put his money where his mouth is, like Bloomberg is doing.

• Love 1
On 12/15/2019 at 5:40 PM, DebbieM4 said:

I also really disagree that she and Meghan are cut from the same cloth.   I don't see that in any way at all.

Yeah, don't insult Whooppee like that.  She and Meghan are nothing alike.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

I appreciated Meghan pushing on Steyer. He did buy his way into the debates over candidates who probably deserved the slot more. He should put his money where his mouth is, like Bloomberg is doing.

There's a way to approach a topic without being overtly and obnoxiously rude.  Meghan's behavior was disgraceful.  She was insulting and dismissive, and she kept turning away and making disgusted faces.  That's not the way to have an intelligent conversation about anything with anyone.  It's certainly possible to ask direct, hard-hitting questions and be cordial at the same time.  He did nothing to deserve the way she treated him. 

• Love 20
9 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

There's a way to approach a topic without being overtly and obnoxiously rude.  Meghan's behavior was disgraceful.  She was insulting and dismissive, and she kept turning away and making disgusted faces.  That's not the way to have an intelligent conversation about anything with anyone.  It's certainly possible to ask direct, hard-hitting questions and be cordial at the same time.  He did nothing to deserve the way she treated him. 

I only listened to it so I don't know about the rest.

11 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

It's certainly possible to ask direct, hard-hitting questions and be cordial at the same time.  He did nothing to deserve the way she treated him. 

Horray!  Yeah, he wasn't some weirdo who ran up to the stage.  He was an invited guest.  GUEST!  He's a respected human being; what's wrong with her?  It would be great to see the tables turned...when she's expecting to be a GUEST on a TV show and the panelists do nothing but berate and criticize her...as savagely as possible.  Oh...they should screech too.

• Love 10
On 12/15/2019 at 2:07 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

Whoopi was hateful to her after Pirro called Whoopi deranged when Whoopi hadn't even spoken to her thus far in the interview.

I disagree. Jeanine did NOT call Whoopi "deranged". The word 'deranged' was used as part of a "syndrome" Jeanine coined in her book, and Jeanine was there to promote her book. Apparently Whoopi did not hear JJ correctly, nor did she read JJ's book, otherwise Whoopi would have known that JJ was just reiterating her phrase from the book. Instead of giving JJ a chance to talk (and possibly explain) why/how she coined the phrase, Whoopi went off the deep end and started yelling/screaming at JJ...to the point of saying to Jeanine "GET OUT"! 

Whoopi needs to grow up and stop acting like she's boss of the panel. Moderator is one thing, but kicking someone off the show is not her place. Talk about a whiny brat...if the shoe fits...

2 hours ago, MsTree said:

I disagree. Jeanine did NOT call Whoopi "deranged".

That's not really debatable? She called Whoopi deranged on camera. And then Whoopi looked up and said, "Are you referring to me?" (paraphrasing) That's where it began. All the other co-hosts went silent at that point because Pirro wanted to fight with a big name and Whoopi was the only one there for her to go after.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That's not really debatable? She called Whoopi deranged on camera. And then Whoopi looked up and said, "Are you referring to me?" (paraphrasing) That's where it began. All the other co-hosts went silent at that point because Pirro wanted to fight with a big name and Whoopi was the only one there for her to go after.

Not to mention, she was not happy that Ana was there and she came to fight with Joy and was disappointed that she was not there. So, Whoopie became Joy's substitute for her vitriol.  That is the right's schtick to trigger the left, when they are the ones who are always easily triggered. If they hate the left so much why do they want to be with us so much.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9

Ladies, it seems that we are seeing/hearing things differently. You see Jeanine as "coming to fight", while I see her as "coming to debate"...big difference IMO. If Joy was her target, I could understand because contrary to popular belief, Joy has the biggest mouth of them all. Ever notice how Joy (under her breath) likes to finish other people's sentences?

Also, there's a big difference between out & out calling someone "deranged" (or crazy), and another when using the word within the context of JJ's book. While some might argue it's the same thing, it's really not...as it pertains to the 'syndrome'. A bad example (because it's late and I'm tired) is "lazy eye syndrome". Obviously, if I say you have lazy eye syndrome, I'm not calling you lazy. It's all about context.

• Love 1

Several posts about Charlize Theron were posted in this thread in error instead of the current weekly thread. They have been moved to that thread, so if you're looking for your post, please head over here.

12 hours ago, MsTree said:

Ladies, it seems that we are seeing/hearing things differently. You see Jeanine as "coming to fight", while I see her as "coming to debate"...big difference IMO. If Joy was her target, I could understand because contrary to popular belief, Joy has the biggest mouth of them all. Ever notice how Joy (under her breath) likes to finish other people's sentences?

Also, there's a big difference between out & out calling someone "deranged" (or crazy), and another when using the word within the context of JJ's book. While some might argue it's the same thing, it's really not...as it pertains to the 'syndrome'. A bad example (because it's late and I'm tired) is "lazy eye syndrome". Obviously, if I say you have lazy eye syndrome, I'm not calling you lazy. It's all about context.

Even if I agreed that she was using a term rather than the word deranged alone--and I don't--we both know the term is not comparable to lazy eye syndrome. The former is always intended as a personal insult. That's why I said Whoopi rarely goes after the guest first. Pirro threw the first punch and then got knocked out the ring for it.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, MsTree said:

You know what it made me think of is that 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' which i would be pissed if called that.  MM has been known to hurl it out every once in a while, usually at Joy

Edited by Tammee
To add
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Tammee said:

You know what it made me think of is that 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' which i would be pissed if called that.  MM has been known to hurl it out every once in a while, usually at Joy

Yes, that is the term I was speaking of...and why I believe JJ didn't outright call anyone "deranged" which is an obvious insult. But since Whoopi doesn't speak or even want to hear about the syndrome with "he who shall remain nameless", she took it way out of context.

8 hours ago, MsTree said:

Not if it's true 😉

How does that work? I don't even believe it is true of Whoopi, but for argument's sake: If Whoopi had called Pirro stupid and ignorant, would that not have been insulting either simply because it's true? I would have considered it rude, just like I consider Pirro calling Whoopi deranged rude. Whoopi didn't resort to name-calling. Pirro did.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 14
20 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

Does it exist? Am I wrong or was it a term started by Judge Jeanine, herself? 

Yes, it was coined by JJ, and applies to many...especially the Hollywood crowd.

Edited by MsTree
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

How does that work? I don't even believe it is true of Whoopi, but for argument's sake: If Whoopi had called Pirro stupid and ignorant, would that not have been insulting either simply because it's true? I would have considered it rude, just like I consider Pirro calling Whoopi deranged rude. Whoopi didn't resort to name-calling. Pirro did.

You have to remember that Pirro was promoting her book, in which the 'deranged syndrome' was a huge part. I believe Whoopi fits the description, as it pertains to the book...not in any other way. And if Whoopi called Pirro stupid/ignorant...where's the context? IOW, we'd all be wondering where that came from since there is nothing to relate it to. However, knowing the premise of Pirro's book and the syndrome she coined, using that phrase was both true (in the context for which is was coined), as well as part of promoting Pirro's book.