Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/09/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

I didn't really understand MeAgain's points about Greta.  How is she peaking?  Did Malala peak?  What about child prodigies.  Do they peak?  It was a ridiculous thing to say but it makes sense that she said it because she is just stupid.  Yes, Whoopi, I called MeAgain stupid.

She also said everyone knows MeAgain's feelings on climate change (which I don't, other than she is opposed to the Green New Deal) and said it is the religion of the left.  What does that mean?

It is really strange that she cannot find some admiration for  a young woman who inspired a movement among other young people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, bannana said:

I didn't really understand MeAgain's points about Greta.  How is she peaking?  Did Malala peak?  What about child prodigies.  Do they peak?  It was a ridiculous thing to say but it makes sense that she said it because she is just stupid.  Yes, Whoopi, I called MeAgain stupid.

She also said everyone knows MeAgain's feelings on climate change (which I don't, other than she is opposed to the Green New Deal) and said it is the religion of the left.  What does that mean?

It is really strange that she cannot find some admiration for  a young woman who inspired a movement among other young people.

I'm sorry, I haven't been keeping up.

Did I miss it?  

When did child genius and Pulitzer Prize winner Ronan Farrow peak?

I would love to see him bring up Greta Thunberg the next time he is on.

How mean-spirited of Bitchy M.

• Love 16

I think MeAgain really is offside on this topic re Greta, especially since they were discussing Trump's attack on her.  Greta's response to that attack was to change her profile on her twitter to say that she is a teenager working on her anger management problem and is currently chilling watching a good old-fashioned movie with a friend. 🤣

MeAgain was basically saying that Greta's movement is political by saying it is the religion of the left.  Greta tweeted this today:

Joy pointed out to MeAgain that the whistleblower impacts the US, where Greta's impact is global.

MeAgain has been tweeting her tough life and struggles with motherhood today.  I guess she is playing the victim again, and all that shrieking about being childless, and not breast feeding and blah blah blah is not meant to be joking around after all.

i dont believe you tell the truth GIF

• Love 14

Meghan's remark about Greta peaking was stupid. Even if Greta never does anything else of note she has inspired millions of people to want to do what they can to help climate change.  

I think Meghan is just jealous. Greta is trying to make a difference in the world.  And Meghan is not. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Oh my.

Oh my is right.  I agree with so many of those tweets.

1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

she is totally manic depressive,

That, or, I've wondered, ADHD, maybe?

31 minutes ago, bannana said:

MeAgain has been tweeting her tough life and struggles with motherhood today. 

First - that Greta tweet you posted.  How clear, concise, and wise she is. 

As someone who lives in a part of the country that has had to deal with possible tropical storms and hurricanes, plus flooding, much more frequently in the last decade or so, there's no doubt that the climate is changing.  People in other parts of the country know this from their own experiences as well.  Greta's right - most politicians are not taking it seriously enough, and it shouldn't be a partisan issue.    

Second - Here we go again, Meghan thinking that she needs to show the world, not through a window, but through a door, a big sliding glass door, her emotional difficulties.  Sharing them with family, friends, and doctors isn't enough, apparently.   It's like she thinks this is her world and everybody else in it are like dolls and stuffed animals that she sets out and talks to.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

I now have a fatalistic curiosity for how Meghan will make herself the center of every topic. 

She really does. And when she can't she belittles and ridicules the topic like she did today regarding breast feeding. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Here we go again, Meghan thinking that she needs to show the world, not through a window, but through a door, a big sliding glass door, her emotional difficulties.  Sharing them with family, friends, and doctors isn't enough, apparently.   It's like she thinks this is her world and everybody else in it are like dolls and stuffed animals that she sets out and talks to.  

It's a pattern with her.  She is rude, wrong and uneducated and says stupid things.  Then to deflect, she makes herself the victim.

On the show, whenever her bestie Abby is talking about her children, MeAgain should be the most supportive "Auntie".  Instead she goes into that screechy, lip snarling, head tossed toward the audience mode, where she talks over everyone else about how she doesn't have children.  This completely disrespects Abby, FFS!  And she shrieks #talkshowhostwithoutchildren or whatever TF that nonsense was.

I don't have children; I tried and it didn't work, but I am totally  cool with the outcome of that and it suited my life.  I am an amazing Aunt.  You don't have to have children to know about children.  MeAgain is victimized in her mind because she doesn't have a child.  So, no one on the show can ever talk about having children again.  And the topic was not even about having children.  It was about whether the woman went too far with photo showing breastfeeding. WTF!?

the view goldberg GIF

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

It really is Meghan's Great Pity Party on MM's twitter today. She wishes "for more compassion and responsibility...."

To my knowledge, and I watch daily live or on demand - she has never mentioned miscarrying on the show. Actually, never heard her say she wants to be a mother. 

No mention of her Greta comments on her twitter. I think Greta deserved the cover and would have appoved of a photo of a whistle as well if she wasn't. But her's is a global issue.....but whistle blowers is as well to deal with democracy world wide.

MM was like a tween going on and on about Brian today and she completely messed up the show, imo.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 19
6 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

MM was like a tween going on and on about Brian today and she completely messed up the show, imo.

"Can I go first, I don't usually go first?"

Why even say that, just go!  I hosted a tiny cable TV show and I have more professional experience than she has after almost two years of having her own producers trying to guide her on how to be on TV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I’m just now watching yesterday on my DVR  and when Abby said she was loving the headband on Joy MeAgain said something about it “on the View.” I listened 3 times and have cc on.  What they heck was she saying?  Was it the one MM loaned her for her last trip, then argued about whether she gave it to her to keep on not?  

MeMeMeghun said that headbands are popular on The View. I guess giving herself credit since I think she is the only one that wears them on air.

2 hours ago, bannana said:

MeMeMeghun has said that climate change isn't even in her top 30 issues she cares about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Has anyone mentioned Joy's question to Lupita yesterday?  She was talking about Miss Universe who is from South Africa, and stated her name.  Then she asked Lupita if she pronounced it correctly, and Lupita answered that she didn't know.  It appeared like Joy expected all Black women from Africa to know how to pronounce each other's names.

awkward happy endings GIF

I caught that.

Joy has a knack for sticking her foot in her mouth.  See my other comment below.

27 minutes ago, bannana said:

On the show, whenever her bestie Abby is talking about her children, MeAgain should be the most supportive "Auntie".  Instead she goes into that screechy, lip snarling, head tossed toward the audience mode, where she talks over everyone else about how she doesn't have children.  This completely disrespects Abby, FFS!  And she shrieks #talkshowhostwithoutchildren or whatever TF that nonsense was.

I don't have children; I tried and it didn't work, but I am totally  cool with the outcome of that and it suited my life.  I am an amazing Aunt.  You don't have to have children to know about children.  MeAgain is victimized in her mind because she doesn't have a child.  So, no one on the show can ever talk about having children again.  And the topic was not even about having children.  It was about whether the woman went too far with photo showing breastfeeding. WTF!?

the view goldberg GIF

I thought Joy's comment at the end of the show was awkward, if not insensitive, being that MM just had a miscarriage earlier this year.

Joy (re: the breastfeeding topic): "Meghan is upset that she doesn't have children. What I say to that is 'Nurse your cactus.'"

She said it smiling and meant it as a joke, but, foot meet mouth.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I thought Joy's comment at the end of the show was awkward, if not insensitive, being that MM just had a miscarriage earlier this year.

Joy (re: the breastfeeding topic): "Meghan is upset that she doesn't have children. What I say to that is 'Nurse your cactus.'"

Yes, this was one of those moments when Joy's old-timey one-line jokes don't work.  What happened was when MeAgain was shrieking about not caring about breastfeeding or children or anything, and head-flipping with her lip curled toward the audience, Joy tried to make this obviously bad joke as they went to commercial.  Ultimately it was Abby who stepped on it, but it was because of MeAgain's interruption.  So then Joy thinks she can throw a not so great joke in at the end of show, but she prefaces it with MeAgain feels bad about not having children, and then MeAgain does the same head-flipping, curled lip comment to the audience, saying she doesn't feel bad.  So Joy's joke fell flat (which it should have) and now MeAgain can play the victim card.

But, MeAgain spent the entire episode highlighting her dismissiveness of any topic that is about children.  But she then says she doesn't feel bad about not having children.  Whoa.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I caught that.

Joy has a knack for sticking her foot in her mouth.  See my other comment below.

I agree. I am NOT a MM fan in any way, but I did find that last remark from joy to be mean. The topic was already dropped and she had to bring it up and get the last word in...especially cruel since MM had a miscarriage. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Has anyone mentioned Joy's question to Lupita yesterday?  She was talking about Miss Universe who is from South Africa, and stated her name.  Then she asked Lupita if she pronounced it correctly, and Lupita answered that she didn't know.  It appeared like Joy expected all Black women from Africa to know how to pronounce each other's names.

I cringed during that failed segue to Lupita's book. Lupita's laugh after Joy finished her question was so forced.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I thought she said, the whistleblower  would of been the best choice, I agree. Thr Time person doesn't mean much anymore. I'm not a fan of  Greta or her filmmaking family, she ignited passion in the younger generation,  that's my kudos to her, she's being used, but it doesn't ruin my life

Baron is flung into the mix by Joyless, and that confused me, but then he's a Trump, and Joy has to get that in

They all seemed screech to me..come back soon Whoopi.

A little while ago there was some other anniversary that i think was Time also.   The cover was of all women, all ages.  But they were in silhouette, no details.  I think it was the MeToo women.  So they could do the same for the WB.  They could also do dual covers.  That same back issue i was talking about had 4 different covers, if i remember eight.  Also SI does it, TV guide.  Pretty prevalent.

Edited by Tammee
Spelling
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

She wishes "for more compassion and responsibility...."

Just to make sure, I had to check her twitter to make sure if she was asking for compassion or promising more compassion.  Of course she's asking for compassion. 

I wonder if she  has ever considered being more compassionate herself (or responsible, for that matter).

• Love 14

Not a good comment from Joy.

OTOH I think Joy is sick and tired of protecting fragile MM. 

MM won't discuss or even admit  having a miscarriage. And discusses not even sure she wants kids on the show.

But cries about it to news sources, and on twitter. Like when she also accussed Sunny of something and Sunny shunned her for a long time.

I admire the team for putting up with MeAlways and stuff happens as a result.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I am an amazing Aunt.  You don't have to have children to know about children.  MeAgain is victimized in her mind because she doesn't have a child. 

I think she was a demanding, spoiled, miserable child, making those around her miserable.  It's the only thing she knows about children...they're unhappy and there's nothing fun about them.  Why would ANYONE want any?

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Regarding yesterday's show, "Oh Holy Night" is one of my favourite Christmas songs

Mine too!  I learned it relatively late, compared to other Christmas carols, which I learned in pre-school, when my fifth grade class sang it for the school Christmas program, and I've loved it ever since. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, bannana said:

To be fair, I don't expect Joy to know alot about the continent of Africa. Lupita is from Kenya located in East Africa while Zozibini(Miss Universe) is from South Africa. 

What really made me cringe was when Joy asked Lupita if she ever felt unrepresented and not felt beautiful because of her skin tone and natural kinky hair as Miss Universe expressed and Lupita's laugh conveyed disbelief regarding her question. 

Lupita and Zozibini(Miss Universe) are just breathtakingly beautiful.  I am so happy that dark skinned Black girls around the world will grow up seeing themselves in them. Representation matters for marginalized groups.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

And if Meghan thought The View was going to be all politics, all the time, she didn't do her due diligence before taking the job.  It has never been all about politics.  There were other panels, with people much smarter about politics than she is, and if it didn't happen then, it wasn't going to happen with her on the show, no matter what her last name is.

Actually, there used to be more political topics before McCain joined the show. They started to add in even more fluff topics and Real Housewives nonsense for Meghan McCain's sake because she usually has a tantrum after 15 minutes of politics. This is why every time they have a heavy segment, they immediately come back with something fluff (even when something else was advertised as coming up) to appease poor Megs, but usually she has arms folded by that point and refuses to cooperate even with topics chosen for her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
31 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

This is why every time they have a heavy segment, they immediately come back with something fluff (even when something else was advertised as coming up) to appease poor Megs,

You're right.  How ironic - it's her own fault that there's not more political talk, because she she can't calmly talk about something without getting offended and ending up in a huff when the others don't agree with her.  

• Love 14

catching up on shows this week -   WHY in the world was Meghan watching Clay and Ruben through her phone?  Was she recording them?  and why in the world would she do that, when the performance was on TV?   

Oh, and Clay and Ruben looked and sounded wonderful.  I can't believe it's been 16 years since they were on American Idol!  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

To be fair, I don't expect Joy to know alot about the continent of Africa. Lupita is from Kenya located in East Africa while Zozibini(Miss Universe) is from South Africa. 

What really made me cringe was when Joy asked Lupita if she ever felt unrepresented and not felt beautiful because of her skin tone and natural kinky hair as Miss Universe expressed and Lupita's laugh conveyed disbelief regarding her question. 

Lupita and Zozibini(Miss Universe) are just breathtakingly beautiful.  I am so happy that dark skinned Black girls around the world will grow up seeing themselves in them. Representation matters for marginalized groups.

Well, I hoped Joy would not assume everyone from an entire continent would know how to pronounce another person's name.  Let's just use North America as an example!

And, yes, Lupita was so gracious when she said of course, she felt under-represented. She told the story of the mom who approached her and said it changed how she saw her own daughter.

In spite of the many gaffes (Abby and Joy), it was a great interview.  Lupita is amazing.

23 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Joy doesnt know Africa she doesn't know Canada either. That's one reason I dislike her, the things she has said, ugh!

What has she said about Canada?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

IT IS a stupid thing to say.  PEAKED?   Greta didn't seek out the TIME cover, she didn't ask for it or campaign for it..  The award is given to someone who had an impact in the past year.    It's not a Lifetime Achievement award.  Is Meghan also against teens winning Oscars, Emmys, Etc?  We should refrain from giving awards if someone might achieve more in later years?   She's so stupid it must hurt. 

Greta has also turned down awards.  She says it is not about being awarded, it is about listening to the facts and the science.

• Love 14

I was listening to show from another room and all I heard was nutmeg screeching the most...so effing loud. Joy can rile Nutmeg all she wants. After witnessing  her explosive immature tantrum at a live taping almost 2 years ago and  all the numerous times she’s continued to be rude, condecending, uncouth, exhausting and devoid of humor...Like the row of shocked women who sat behind whispered ... what a bitch

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 21
7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

This is why every time they have a heavy segment, they immediately come back with something fluff

I've noticed lately that they often only discuss politics in the first segment, then go on to some non political controversy in the second.  I don't know if it has anything to do (directly) with Meg, but maybe there has been push back from viewers that there is too much political talk?  Frankly that's the only reason why I watch.  I couldn't care less about celebrity news.

I must say (tm Meg) that I can see where she's coming from with her moodyness wrt baby talk.  My daughter is having fertility issues and let me tell you, Thanksgiving was torture with all the cousins and their new babies.  My daughter may have seemed aloof and dismissive of the babies, but she was dying inside.  Rough day.  Not saying Meg is behaving well about it, certainly screeching that she doesn't care isn't a good look, but I can see that she's hurting.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I must say (tm Meg) that I can see where she's coming from with her moodyness wrt baby talk.  My daughter is having fertility issues and let me tell you, Thanksgiving was torture with all the cousins and their new babies.  My daughter may have seemed aloof and dismissive of the babies, but she was dying inside.  Rough day.  Not saying Meg is behaving well about it, certainly screeching that she doesn't care isn't a good look, but I can see that she's hurting.

But she acted this way before she became pregnant and had a miscarriage.  Since she has joined this show she has showed a dismissive disinterest in talking about anything pregnancy or baby related. Her saying childlesscohost# or whatever she said was truly bizarre.  If not for her miscarriage she would be pregnant right now. She could have said this topic is hard for me to talk about because as you all know I recently lost a child and we all would have understood her discomfort.   How many times have we seen her hijack a conversation and make it all about her and being a victim? In this instance she could have used the topic to get sympathy and she doesn't.  I find it very odd she has not said one word on air about the miscarriage.

• Love 24

I find myself not even watching the show on the DVR when I come home.  I'm saddened by that, it was my unwind time after the public transportation (Green Line) ride home.  Hubby gets home before me, he's on the couch, when I come in I settle on the couch, he hands me remote and says "put your show on".  The last couple weeks I've been like "nah, I'm losing interest".  MM is ruining this entire show.  I realize I'm stating the obvious, but I can't take her screaming and rudeness much longer.  

• Love 21
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

But she acted this way before she became pregnant and had a miscarriage.  Since she has joined this show she has showed a dismissive disinterest in talking about anything pregnancy or baby related. Her saying childlesscohost# or whatever she said was truly bizarre.  If not for her miscarriage she would be pregnant right now. She could have said this topic is hard for me to talk about because as you all know I recently lost a child and we all would have understood her discomfort.   How many times have we seen her hijack a conversation and make it all about her and being a victim? In this instance she could have used the topic to get sympathy and she doesn't.  I find it very odd she has not said one word on air about the miscarriage.

here's my take.  I hope I don't get flamed for this.  She really never wanted to be pregnant it just wasnt in her plan at this time of her life, so the miscarriage wasn't a big deal to her (all women react differently to them, I'm not shaming her on this) I had a few, 1 when not actively trying and the rest while in IVF, I was sad, but not devastated like I was in my later years) BUT, now she feels that maybe she should have made a bigger deal of it and she using it to take the counter view as per usual.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

And today Hunter Biden’s former problem with substance abuse is about the opioid addiction in Meg’s family. 

Thanks, Joy and Sunny, for bringing up the hypocritical scolding of the Bidens when it’s crickets when it comes to the Trump spawn, esp Ivanka and her China trade. 

I do like Meg’s white suit. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 21
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And today Hunter Biden’s former problem with substance abuse is about the opioid addiction in Meg’s family. 

Thanks, Joy and Sunny, for bringing up the hypocritical scolding of the Bidens when it’s crickets when it comes to the Trump spawn, esp Ivanka and her China trade. 

I do like Meg’s white suit. 

Reminds me of Tulsi Gabbard though, who Meghan is a huge fan of. Yuck. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

Why do they always talk about the far left and how horrible it is and not the far right, which is racist and xenophobic? Abby saying how British nationalism isn't as bad as the States, but Brexit was all about propaganda against immigrants and 'others.' 

Lol...why do they talk about British politics when they don't know anything about it.

• Love 20