Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/09/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Well, I wonder what we missed.  Now I'll have to watch the first twenty minutes, as well as yesterday's show, which as of a couple of hours ago wasn't on either Hulu or Comcast OnDemand.

It wasn’t on their site yesterday either so had to watch it in very short out of order clips on YouTube. Was a lovely family. Abby was dressed badly for the prom and when I first got a glance at the strands of hair hanging down I though she had ear buds in.  No full length mirrors backstage? Yep Abby is starting to get the negative press as her twin.  

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I guess this is supposed to be reality distortion? She's one of his biggest defenders.

It made no sense.  Does she really think she's that significant to anyone, even Trump? 

Maybe this is an extension of her belief that the NYT Magazine was reporting a fact when their headline for an article on The View called it "the most important political tv show in America". 

If you believe that, then you must believe it's hosts are the most important political commentators in America, and thus pose the most danger to Trump, which is why Meghan, and then Whoopie, as she said, would be the first jailed in a Trump dictatorship (somehow, in this universe, Joy, Sunny, and even Abby haven't been very critical of Trump at all).  Funnily enough, though, Meghan is the least critical of Trump out of all of them (including Ana).  

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

The timekeeping today was strange. There was a block of commercials, then Whoopi saying they had 52 seconds to discuss something, then another ad block. The first 15 minutes or so were preempted and with the constant breaks, crosstalk, and View Your Deal, it felt like a fever dream.

However, I plan on telling my sister she isn't American enough because she enjoys watching The Crown. As an ordinary person, I'm sure that emulating Meghan McCain can only lead to good things. 😉

hahahaha i love it.  Nothing like a cup of evvvvvvvvvil between sisters.  Tell us her reactions to both hehehe. @Vanderboom

Edited by Tammee
correction
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

her criticism is based on personal feelings and not a disagreement on what he is doing.

Meghan bases her opinions about everything on her emotions.  Does she ever look at anything objectively and rationally?

• Love 5

I love when lawyers forget how 2 lawyer. Sunny quoted the IG report as saying, “We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions.” This is not a commentary, this is a statement of fact. Meaning, Horowitz didn’t find anybody stupid enough to write down or say on record that they investigated Trump’s campaign in service to the Democrat Party or because they hate Trump and want him to get impeached. But the numerous instances of inaccuracies and omissions in FISA applications is what people are referring to as “damning” evidence of wrongdoing.

Edited by 27bored
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

Was Sunny wearing a wig today?

Something looked off about her hair.

I’ve been monitoring it since last week and come to the conclusion that it’s a bangs hair piece.  Maybe because I watched a video on them I am pretty sure that’s what she’s got going on. When she bows her head and when she wore it up it looks like what I saw. 
Game Change was fantastic. 
Sarah either we were typing at the same time/or I let mine sit for a bit then hit send. You’re probably right I really only  noticed the bangs for a week. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Add
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I'm always amazed at how important she (mistakenly) thinks she is.

I mentioned her to my husband today and he had no idea who she was.  Of course we're Canadian so unless we go out of our way to watch stuff like The View (raises hand) it's not like we're seeing or hearing people like her much.  I wonder if she has any clue though how unknown she is to most people who aren't tuning in to this show?

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

I saw the movie Game Change and actually really liked it.  I also thought it was kind to John McCain.  I hardly remember anything about “my family” .. ??

7 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

The movie Missy is talking about that is about John McCain's bid for presidency is called  "Game Change".  So good!!!! Watch it!

The movie had good reviews AS DID JOHN McCAIN.   Perhaps Meghan wasn't featured much...or at all.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, lusinia said:

Does she ever look at anything objectively and rationally?

Crossing her arms and looking PISSED!!!!

8 hours ago, lusinia said:

Then she was so dismissive of "British stuff" (when Joy mentioned The Crown).  It's like she thinks it'll undercut her patriotic image if she cares about or likes anything that isn't American.

Then she'd better not be invited back again next year to receive her father's  "Russian" award in London.

• Love 12
On 12/9/2019 at 8:52 AM, blondiec0332 said:

She might not.  She didn't know the premiums you pay for insurance went into a pool that paid out claims for all the payers. She thought your premiums sat somewhere until you had a claim.

...Seriously? That happened? How has this woman survived to adulthood?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, OnTime said:

Gosh Abby, you're really making me use the "volume down" button today!

My ears hurt.

Andyour speed-talking coach is finally getting some results!

LOUD & FAST, keep it going, AHHHbee.  Soon we'll all leave this show.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, athousandclowns said:
12 hours ago, lusinia said:

Well, I wonder what we missed.  Now I'll have to watch the first twenty minutes, as well as yesterday's show, which as of a couple of hours ago wasn't on either Hulu or Comcast OnDemand.

It wasn’t on their site yesterday either so had to watch it in very short out of order clips on YouTube.

I find it so weird that they didn't put it up on Hulu, they put it on youtube and their podcast locations. I finally decided to check how long the show is without commercials, about 36 minutes.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I'm not even bothering with today's episode.

Well I'm dumb. I thought yesterday was Wednesday and assumed that CC would be on....imagine my shock to learn that it was Tuesday and that CC is actually on today. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So I was ignoring the show, but tuned in out of curiosity and they're talking about calling out the wrong name during sex. Chris Christie in particular seemed very... engaged during the conversation and that's an image I'd rather not imagine. *click*

giphy.gif

They need to quit with the pearl clutching though, especially Missy, who told Playboy "I’m strictly dickly. I can’t help it. I love sex and I love men." 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 12

Did Abby mean to say "age limits"?

All the talk lately has been how white the next Democratic debate was going to be, not that the Democratic party is too white.  Yang just qualified yesterday to be on the debate stage, so that talk hasn't had much time to change yet.

I'm enjoying watching Meghan's meltdown during Joy's joking with Gov. Christie.  He seems fine with it, and Meghan is seesawing between faux outrage and giggle fits.  Then she tries to convince people (someone in particular?) that this is not appropriate and that she didn't think it was funny at all

That shot of Meghan and Abby watching Clay and Ruben singing said so much about them.  Abby was watching and enjoying the beautiful performance taking place right in front of her; Meghan was also enjoying the performance, while watching through her phone!  Surely she realizes the show will have this segment available online.   

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

Yeah, what a dud of a show today thanks to Christie being there. I would've liked to have seen Ruben sing, but I wasn't going to watch that segment because I expected McCain to be screeching about how she's friends!!! with another person. She must be trying to prove to us that there are people who exist who she (shockingly) doesn't repulse. It doesn't make me like her more, just like Clay Aiken less.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
55 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Why bring up the New Jersey shooting and not talk about gun control? 

And why bring it up when there's not enough time to say much of anything about it?  I know they wanted to acknowledge it, but it's kind of disrespectful to give it such short shrift.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

I think Meghan overdosed on her mood elevaters today...

Did she say Whoopi wouldnt be back until Monday?  Sorry Joy, i love you, but i didnt love that hairband.  No glasses? Back on the contacts?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Did Abby mean to say "age limits"?

All the talk lately has been how white the next Democratic debate was going to be, not that the Democratic party is too white.  Yang just qualified yesterday to be on the debate stage, so that talk hasn't had much time to change yet.

I'm enjoying watching Meghan's meltdown during Joy's joking with Gov. Christie.  He seems fine with it, and Meghan is seesawing between faux outrage and giggle fits.  Then she tries to convince people (someone in particular?) that this is not appropriate and that she didn't think it was funny at all

That shot of Meghan and Abby watching Clay and Ruben singing said so much about them.  Abby was watching and enjoying the beautiful performance taking place right in front of her; Meghan was also enjoying the performance, while watching through her phone!  Surely she realizes the show will have this segment available online.   

Oh i know!  When they showed her shooting through her phone. My first thought was how f'n rude!  The only thing i would allow it for is if say Clay ask her to film them so they can see the aesthetics of the act and do they need to change something

• Love 4

I enjoyed Joy and CC bantering during the sex discussion. Meghan aghast that Joy talked to the governor like that was funny. CC often appears on the ABC Sunday morning political show. He works for ABC now.

Edited by rcc
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I made it through about one minute of that.

You know who they need to have as a guest? Nate Silver, who can explain to them how polls fucking work and why you shouldn't tout one poll without looking at the bigger picture. Megan is egregiously bad at this. How many times has she said that Trump's approval rating is at the highest it's ever been? Yet the overall trend line remains exactly the same as when he was inaugurated, if a few points lower.

It's egregious because millions of people watch the show and they're putting out an incomplete narrative.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

How many times has she said that Trump's approval rating is at the highest it's ever been? Yet the overall trend line remains exactly the same as when he was inaugurated, if a few points lower.

This is so commonly done by the media in general, and it drives me nuts. "His poll numbers are very stable" they say, as if they're good numbers, but they're pretty much always below 50%, which in general isn't considered a positive thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12