Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/09/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, Dec. 9 – The Rodriguez family from Orlando, a 21-year-old takes on raising her five siblings after the death of both parents; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Dec. 10 – Day of Hot Topics 

Wednesday, Dec. 11 – Chris Christie Guest co-hosts; Lupita Nyong’o (“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”); holiday performance from Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard 

Thursday, Dec. 12 – Jack Black (“Jumanji: The Next Level”)

Friday, Dec. 13 – Annette Bening (“The Report”)

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I always see Joy as self assured but not twitchy.

But I do get a kick out of MM's jerking around and ending up crossing her arms. 

Joy loves to push the buttons 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Whoopi's rant about taxes is confusing. I agree that lower income/middle class people getting taxed like crazy is a problem, but that's why you need richer people and corporations to give their far share instead of just giving them tax breaks. When Whoopi talks about taxes, I feel like she doesn't think of herself as rich, when she's rich. 

It comes off as her wanting a tax break and for corporations to just give her money, because Andrew Yang said so. It's weird.

Edit: there's a reason for taxes, the problem comes from those taxes not going back to the people. I wish sunny brought that up.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Whoopi's rant about taxes is confusing. I agree that lower income/middle class people getting taxed like crazy is a problem, but that's why you need richer people and corporations to give their far share instead of just giving them tax breaks. When Whoopi talks about taxes, I feel like she doesn't think of herself as rich, when she's rich. 

It comes off as her wanting a tax break and for corporations to just give her money, because Andrew Yang said so. It's weird.

Edit: there's a reason for taxes, the problem comes from those taxes not going back to the people. I wish sunny brought that up.

How will the government function without revenue from taxes? Whoopie should go visit third world countries where the wealthy pay 0 taxes and see for herself how the country offers nothing to its people. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:
26 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

How will the government function without revenue from taxes? Whoopie should go visit third world countries where the wealthy pay 0 taxes and see for herself how the country offers nothing to its people. 

She must know this, she must.

She might not.  She didn't know the premiums you pay for insurance went into a pool that paid out claims for all the payers. She thought your premiums sat somewhere until you had a claim.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

"We" got the show up here (Calgary).  I'm not easily emotional, but those kids ... oh my!!!

The family was great and I'm glad The View helped them out...but Whoopi made me side eye her a bit whenever she praised the family for doing it on their own and not using social services. It is admirable that they did it on their own, but help isn't a bad thing and Whoopi may not have a problem with social services but it came across that way to me.

But her tax rant may have been on my mind during this, so it was probably innocent.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I no longer trust polls for obvious reasons. I have never been asked any questions about anything. So, I always wonder who are these people who are opining on various issues.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I no longer trust polls for obvious reasons. I have never been asked any questions about anything. So, I always wonder who are these people who are opining on various issues. 

I'm over 65 and a registered Independent.  I get poll questions often the time--usually local and state--but some national.  I've learned to ask, "How long will this take?" and decline if it's more than five minutes.  It's amazing how many take more than TEN minutes.  Some of them are so obviously in favor of their candidate it's almost like a joke poll.

1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Whoopi may not have a problem with social services but it came across that way to me.

I think she's in favor of every/all social services for her and hers...and then there are those worthless "others."

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

They used to poll people by calling landlines. If they still do that the people being polled will tend to be older as most younger people do not have landlines. Unless whoever is doing the polling releases the details of people polled (age, location other relevant things) I don't think we can ever be sure a poll is real.  Even with that information it's still questionable. And also we don't know how polling questions are phrased. That has a lot to do with how someone will answer a question. For example if someone were to ask me do I enjoy the View. I would say no. If you ask me do I enjoy the View when Meghan is not there my answer would be  yes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

It is a little ridiculous that Whoopie, who grew up in public housing and was on welfare, can't grasp that people paying taxes were providing her with all that.

And people paying premiums to her health insurer provided her with extensive, life-saving care for her pneumonia. The standard instead of the top-of-the-line breathing apparatus she wanted (and could have paid for herself) apparently worked. She got a lot more than what she paid into it this year.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

They used to poll people by calling landlines. If they still do that the people being polled will tend to be older as most younger people do not have landlines. Unless whoever is doing the polling releases the details of people polled (age, location other relevant things) I don't think we can ever be sure a poll is real.  Even with that information it's still questionable. And also we don't know how polling questions are phrased. That has a lot to do with how someone will answer a question. For example if someone were to ask me do I enjoy the View. I would say no. If you ask me do I enjoy the View when Meghan is not there my answer would be  yes.

Yes -  especially on controversial issues like abortion rights, or gun control.  The way a question is phrased sways the responses. Examples:

"do you support the second amendment to the constitution?"  gets a different response than "Do you agree that semi-automatic weapons should not be readily available at stores?" 

Same with, "Do you believe it's wrong to kill an unborn baby?" gets a different response than "do you think that women have the right to make reproductive decisions?"  

Also - unless you are able to scientifically select who responds, a poll doesn't necessarily reflect the opinion of anyone other than the people who were polled. 

On The VIew, they often use some polling statistic, read off a blue card, to prove a point, but they interpret the poll to mean something different than what it actually meant. 

• Love 15

Abby is annoying me more than Meg today with her Fox talking points. 

NBC didn’t break into their programming for the Rep response. 

What a nothing show today. Blah. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12

Is there a reason why Whoopi is going on and on touting the praises of The View today?  Does she normally do this?  I am only half-ass watching and I have heard her praise the show and it's accuracy and lack of spin and truth telling 3 times now.  "Because this is The View and that's what we do here -- we tell the truth!!"  "No spin here!"  "We are held to a high standard and must be accurate!"  Huh?  Since when?

• LOL 14
  • Love 5

It is almost false advertising to say there’s a show on today with the absurd amount of ads.  First we have the news break and George S telling us about what we just watched and then maybe 2 minutes of show and 8 minutes of ads, 2 minutes of show, and another barrage of ads.  It’s not even worth watching this mess.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Is there a reason why Whoopi is going on and on touting the praises of The View today?  Does she normally do this?  I am only half-ass watching and I have heard her praise the show and it's accuracy and lack of spin and truth telling 3 times now.  "Because this is The View and that's what we do here -- we tell the truth!!"  "No spin here!"  "We are held to a high standard and must be accurate!"  Huh?  Since when?

There must have been a "staff meeting" with TPTB.  LOL.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

There goes Meghan, preemptively dissing Bombshell.  I was surprised she didn't do it last week, since the same person directed Game Change, but I guess she didn't want to do it in front of John Lithgow. 

Then she was so dismissive of "British stuff" (when Joy mentioned The Crown).  It's like she thinks it'll undercut her patriotic image if she cares about or likes anything that isn't American.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

That was a complete clusterfuck.  The only segment not interrupted for ads was View Your Deal, which is more ads.  If you haven’t watched, don’t bother. The actual show may have been 10 minutes long.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Then she was so dismissive of "British stuff" (when Joy mentioned The Crown).  It's like she thinks it'll undercut her patriotic image if she cares about or likes anything that isn't American.

Except when she goes to London every year to accept the Magnitsky Award. 

Such a hypocrite.

A while back,  I remember Mehgun distinctly saying that the Stormy sex scandal wd bring down the president.

No mention of that anywhere now.  Megaphone is wrong. ..again.  

What an ego to actually think that she is the "most hated critic" of anyone. Like anyone cares what she says. ..... ..except her pimp ABC for ratings. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
35 minutes ago, Axie said:

It is almost false advertising to say there’s a show on today with the absurd amount of ads.  First we have the news break and George S telling us about what we just watched and then maybe 2 minutes of show and 8 minutes of ads, 2 minutes of show, and another barrage of ads.  It’s not even worth watching this mess.

That was a complete clusterfuck.  The only segment not interrupted for ads was View Your Deal, which is more ads.  If you haven’t watched, don’t bother. The actual show may have been 10 minutes long.I

I especially loved it at the beginning of the show after maybe 3 minutes (tops) of actual show "content" (playing fast and loose with the term "content" here), Whoopi goes to a commercial and says "we'll be back in 4 minutes."    Ha!  Yeah, you will.  That's the most accurate thing that fell out of her mouth today. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

The show was interrupted today and yet McCain still found the time to be rude to her co-hosts multiple times in the little time they were on the air. First her nasty comment towards Sunny when they just sat down at the table--which was worth it because Whoopi actually dressed her down before ABC News cut in. Then when they came back, Joy started talking about The Crown after Abby brought it up by referring to a speech they re-created by JFK--only for McCain to interrupt her mid-speech with "This is The Crown?!" And then when Joy said yes and tried to continue, McCain interrupted again to act all offended because how is she supposed to know what Joy's leading to, blah blah blah. Maybe if you'd STFU, you'd know. I'm only surprised one of the ladies didn't say that to her.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

The timekeeping today was strange. There was a block of commercials, then Whoopi saying they had 52 seconds to discuss something, then another ad block. The first 15 minutes or so were preempted and with the constant breaks, crosstalk, and View Your Deal, it felt like a fever dream.

However, I plan on telling my sister she isn't American enough because she enjoys watching The Crown. As an ordinary person, I'm sure that emulating Meghan McCain can only lead to good things. 😉

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4