Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Everyone Hates Kate

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Kate seems to be unusually passive aggressive with Simone and hoping Simone will figure things out based on little digs and eyerolls. That's not how you lead or manage people.

I've said that I run hot and cold with Kate and this is why. This is her mode of operation and it's just fucked up. She's great until she's not. And it doesn't take much for Kate to decide that you are deserving of her mean girl ways. Sure Simone is a pain as well. She's really getting on the nerves but as her supervisor Kate definitely shouldn't be mean girling her way through a problem with one of her stews. To think that approach is justifiable because Simone is bad at her job is absolutely ridiculous.

I love Kate when she's pulling out some subtle snark and funny one liners in her talking head. I don't mind a few zingers here and there either especially if she's taking an asshole to task like with Kevin or Leon. That's when I love me some Kate. But when she pulls her classic mean girl, gossipy bull shit is when she really loses me. She goes way too far with the whole trying to truly hurt someone. It goes beyond catty into cruel territory and she gets to that point at lightning speed.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Applause 1
  • Love 22

I'm in agreement with much of what has been posted about this season.  I really think all of these people have done all they can do, including the Captain.  Perhaps, a fresh group would be better and even a whole new premise. The same old, same old, has just lost it's appeal for me.  Perhaps, a more focused portrayal of the guests, with not so much of the crew would be interesting.  Of course, they'd need better guests for that.   I think I'm just open to something quite different than what this show offers now. Too much wash, rinse, repeat.   The Real World had 33 seasons.  I don't think this show will even come close to that. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm in agreement with much of what has been posted about this season.  I really think all of these people have done all they can do, including the Captain.  Perhaps, a fresh group would be better and even a whole new premise. The same old, same old, has just lost it's appeal for me.  Perhaps, a more focused portrayal of the guests, with not so much of the crew would be interesting.  Of course, they'd need better guests for that.   I think I'm just open to something quite different than what this show offers now. Too much wash, rinse, repeat.   The Real World had 33 seasons.  I don't think this show will even come close to that. 

I seriously doubt it is going to change anytime soon - haven't those Housewives franchises gone on and on and on with the same premise season after season, town after town?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Thank the gods, I must have been distracted when you learned this.

Unfortunately, there was that one closeup of him in the wet, white undies that left absolutely nothing to the imagination.

Now all we need is some Simone camel toe and it'll be like we were right there in that smelly bunk with them.   😵 

• LOL 4

Ahhhhhh, the joys of drinking too much and acting like an asshole and then barely remembering why you feel like hungover road kill the next day. I hate being around shitfaced people! They make no sense and fight over bullshit!  Kate was crying and throwing the clothes on the floor because of the alcohol. It would have never happened if she was sober. She must be mortified seeing this playback because it shows a loss of control of her emotions and Kate likes to be in control.

Having said that, being late just because she is chief stew is wrong for sure. There must be more to the dislike of Kate than what we see on camera. Maybe she takes her entitlement status too far but one thing I agree with her on is that Kevin is a nasty, immature, bossy jerk with a dad bod and a big ole bald spot! Compared to the other guys he is downright fug.   

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

Kate is so uptight and so full of herself.  She's nothing more than a glorified housekeeper.  HA!  She's a mean girl bully who can't get along with people.  She always has something bad to say about everyone.  She just doesn't seem like a happy person, period.  If she thinks everyone is against her - it's because she brought it on herself

• Love 12

Ok, I finally got a good look at the guy that Courtney and Rhylee want....and, omg?  He is the most disgusting thing ever! I mean all the guys suck this season.  

But, because this is a show......and, I need to be entertained.........I cannot wait until Rhylee steals Courtney’s crush!

I have a feeling they like him because he probably has a cool personality but ....let’s see how nice he truly is to the girls. 

Team Rhylee!!!! 💕 🤣

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Lamima said:

I like Kate. I am team Kate. And they had those uniform laying around the mess table so maybe they should have put them away. 

Wasn't she folding them the morning before they went to the elephant place? I think she does a LOT of work around there and was probably pissed at the guys for acting like such drunken asses; and was probably STILL pissed with Kevin and his dumb fridge BS. And he buddies up to the deck crew and likely bitches about her constantly. 

I'm not saying her reaction was okay. But I think it had been building - and she was super drunk. I also think her crying was more about being pissed at herself than anything.

• Love 17

I thought Kate was being an asshole with throwing the clothes and not accepting Brian's apology, but that is all I think she was a jerk for. While I have zero idea what is so offensive about being called a yachtie (I do not get mad if people call me by my employment title), I liked that he apologized and seemed sincere and I didn't like when she dismissed him (and I am of course RIDE OR DIE Kate). However, I was SO annoyed at the brus. First of all, who said Kate needed to be "put in her place". That is almost the grossest thing said this season (I'm afraid it was Brian). And second, maybe the brus should have enjoyed the day and the pool and the swim up bar and not just sat around and complained about Kate all day. As I sit in randomly warm and cold DC, I would have killed to be at a swim up pool bar. Third, they are so predatory toward women. I assume those two women were professional dancers at the resort and maybe they didn't want the likes of Ashton and Tanner up on their podium. (I find predatory behavior of all people to service industry folks gross-to Capt Lee too by the women, before anyone asks). Also Ashton's dancing grosses me out. 

AND TANNER. He is so gross. I was just (internally) screaming "SIMONE GET SOME SELF RESPECT". I know she is 29, but I feel like I had found my self respect by then. And she asks him not to run his mouth and he says THAT is why he isn't in relationships. Hmmm-is that why Tanner? Could it be you repulse women? And has anyone's mother ever had to ask them multiple times if they got a sex worker pregnant? I get that she is trying to be Colin's mom, but I find the original Colin's mom annoying. He is foul. Simone can be annoying (mostly her taste in men and her "O.M.G."), but she is a nice, intelligent, pretty girl-she can do SO much better than Tanner and his big mouth and weird long gyrations.

Courtney's bathing suit was fabulous. I think she and Rhylee are friendly on social media so the Brian stealing might be a blown up story.

• Love 19

I couldn't watch the entire show.  The guys disgusted me in many ways, I didn't like Simone acting like she has no pride or sense, the guests between last charter with the misogynistic men and the next where the woman was sexually harassing Ashton.  It was all gross.  Way to raise your son mom of Tanner.  He is a pig.

• Love 19

I have always liked Kate but she is a terrible manager.  She berated Simone for speaking to others about her job concerns, yet Kate badmouths Simone to Rhylee and Courtney and has done the same time and time again.  If she expects her stews to behave in a professional manner, then Kate better set the example.  Making everyone wait because of her "stripes" and throwing the uniforms on the floor are really just ridiculous lapses in professional behavior.  I think she is great at what she does, works hard and I appreciate her sarcastic sense of humor.  She handles guests and chefs well and puts up with a lot.  She is also a notorious mean girl and typically teams up with others to bully whoever she considers the weak link.  I think Captain Lee has overlooked a lot with Kate because of his fondness for her.  

The deck crew is trash (maybeeee Brian is ok?).  Seriously pure trash and honestly should never be considered for yachting employment ever, ever again.  The frat boys have certainly targeted Kate because they are threatened by a strong female and I think it may have finally just broken her.  I'd like to think that Kate's actions are purely a response to this particular crew, but we have seen it before to a lesser degree.  

This was not enjoyable for me to watch, it completely stressed me out and Kate, please for all that is good and holy, leave your lips alone.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Wasn't she folding them the morning before they went to the elephant place? I think she does a LOT of work around there and was probably pissed at the guys for acting like such drunken asses; and was probably STILL pissed with Kevin and his dumb fridge BS. And he buddies up to the deck crew and likely bitches about her constantly. 

I'm not saying her reaction was okay. But I think it had been building - and she was super drunk. I also think her crying was more about being pissed at herself than anything.

I agree with this. Kate really did show her ass, which was escalated by a little too much booze, but I can't imagine what it must be like to be cooped up with this bunch of fools and then have to hang out with them on their time off. I would have not only lounged around eating pizza solo, but would have had earplugs in listening to my fave playlist, and maybe a sleep mask so I couldn't see them either.

The one I dislike the most is Rhylee - even more than asshole Kevin. Her voice makes my ears bleed. I am no prude, but she has the most vulgar toilet mouth and I think she would be better suited back on a fishing boat or at a logging camp.

Tanner is disgusting and really don't know what Simone sees in him, but she does not seem to pick up on social cues.

I also do not see what is the big fuss about Brian! So he has some good abs, and seems marginally more pleasant than the rest of the bros.......what am I missing?

• Love 20

Ok this is mean because people can't help the way they look-- unless they've messed with it --but seriously Kate? I used to have a Mr Potato Man where you stick on the eyes, nose and lips and Kate could be the model for a Miss Potato Stew with those huge lips that look stuck on her face.  Wow did she overdo the plumping!

And I just get mad when I see that chef's silly looking face.  He's such a mouth breather.  Shut your pie hole dude!  I'm sick of seeing his teeth hanging out there.  And he's just such a little tattle always in the guys ears about mean ol' Kate....  Ick!  I think he's the one stirring them up against her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, lizajane said:

he has some good abs, and seems marginally more pleasant than the rest of the bros.......what am I missing?

Nothing.  Brian looks like a 9 in comparison to the other guys (who seem to be 5s at best).

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's call BELOW DECK. The focus is supposed to be on the crew. The guests are just additional snark or not.

• Love 9

I know this is BravHo and as a channel, they have zero interest in upholding any values that are decent or positive, but even I'm shocked at this last episode and how with the #metoo movement, the idiots at BravHo decided it would be appropriate to show sad sack dudes groping women (dancer girls); guys yukking it up over one dude talking about his sexual exploitations with a co-worker; and women like Rhylee who are verbally abusive as well. What the fuck Bravo?!? This cast sucks. This show blows. Even Captain Lee isn't what he once was. Shark, jump.

Oh, and while I am normally a Kate lover, yes she was a bitch last night. However, I might be too if I had to live in such tight quarters with all those assholes.

• Love 18

Cringey episode!

I'm still Team Kate while recognizing she's neither a one-dimensional character nor faultless. I enjoy her. Most of the others are just so vile. Tanner and Ashton whining about being held accountable for their actions (without actually using those words because that would admit knowing they're fuck-ups)--cue Smashton thinking that just saying he's not responsible for his actions means he magically isn't, and any Tannerisms at all with the exception of "Jiminy crickets"--and the whole bro code where they desperately think they have the right to talk out of turn and it's all Rhylee's fault for bringing it back to the person they shouldn't have been talking about in the first place. Arrgh! I forget sometimes how young these people supposedly are, yet they're on a reality show which means they've been exposed to media and, you know, learning opportunities...

Simone has trouble articulating what she's really feeling and thinking and she ends up falsely portraying herself and her needs. It may take the season ending for her to disentangle herself from Tanner. Or to learn second stewing.

Kevin continues to be vile and getting support for it, and WTF Brian??

Courtney...well, she didn't overtly support her boss, which is interesting, but was right to call out Brian even in her mild way. Brian, you don't necessarily get unconditional support for being an ass even if you think you're being righteous.

Looks like Ashton was just waiting for this opportunity to rain his beady-eyed hellfire and brimstone on Kate while saving enough energy to keep Rhylee an outsider. Gotta keep them wimmen in their place!

• Love 22

I didn't take Ashton's "that was Smashton" as a legitimate explanation and excuse for his bad behavior, more like a joke.

I think Kate should have left it at "It was SmashKate"(although I would have preferred "IntoxiKate") and left off the "so that makes it okay". 

With just that SmashKate we could have had all mmhmmed and laughed along with a "sauce for the goose sauce for the gander" moment.  The "so that makes it okay" sounds a little defensive.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

I don't get why Ashton keeps getting a free pass on his behavior (except here of course...LOL).  He is gossipy, he was the one who told Tanner to tell Rhylee what happened with him and Simone, he talks about other crew members behind their back, and yet he feels that he has the right to call Kate out on her behavior?  He gets less attractive the longer this season goes on!

Yeah, they're all a bunch of gossipy drama queens, Ashton definitely at the front of the pack. 

OMG, Kate threw clothes on the floor!  IN FRONT OF THE CAPTAIN!! OMG, someone called Kate a bitch!!  OMG, Tanner is dancing with a gogo girl!!!

Who cares?

I liked Courtney's response when asked to dish about the car ride:  "I was just an innocent bystander."  She looks better and better each episode.  She is clearly the only adult on the crew.

• Love 18

I can't explain it but- I feel kind of...dirty....after watching this episode.  I feel like I'm watching myself on my most regretful, worst nights out as a reckless 20-something.  And I don't like it. 

Now, at my age, I'm right there with Capt. Lee "anyone with half a brain knows not to try to reason with a drunk individual." Took many MANY years and bad experiences to learn it. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, escape said:

Kate is so uptight and so full of herself.  She's nothing more than a glorified housekeeper.  HA!  She's a mean girl bully who can't get along with people.  She always has something bad to say about everyone.  She just doesn't seem like a happy person, period.  If she thinks everyone is against her - it's because she brought it on herself

She acts above it all, shoves her rank in the crews faces.

But when she finally gets some pushback on the mean girl act, she got petulant.  She didn’t like being called a bitch so she acted more bitchy?

Whats her story does she have a relationship back home?  She takes all that time on the hair and makeup, talks about shaving down there.  But is she goes out to these bars and clubs with crew who are 10 years younger?  Maybe she’s feeling a little regret that she rejected Tanners advances.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Seriously.  Ashton can act like a drunken slob, blame it all on his "alter ego" and it is all in good fun, whereas when Kate acts out, she's just labeled a bitch.  Listen, I'm not saying Kate had the best attitude for the days off, but there is such a double standard at play, it's gross.  

And after hearing Tanner's mom make the comment about how he should not be getting hookers pregnant, you can totally see where he gets his attitude about women.  Run Simone, don't walk.     

And it's crazy how it's usually Ashton who gets soooooo worked up and that he is always the one that has to "take a stand" and be the misogyny spokesman. Correct me if I'm wrong but none of the conflicts had anything to do with him AT ALL correct? The Rhylee and Kevin fight? The Brian and Kate fiasco? Hell, even though Ashton was the one who told Tanner to tell Rhylee about Simone, that whole "beef" has to do with Tanner and Rhylee. Tanners wrong but still that's between Tanner and Rhylee.

Again Ashton is lecturing a woman and basically putting himself in a position to scold her. He seems to think he has every right and every authority to make demands about a females behavior. Why the hell is that. I understand that there has been some crazy behavior worthy of being aggravated. Problem I'm having is the way Ashton (and the men) chose to deliver their grievances. I also understand that alcohol isn't going to make for a very civil interaction it's all about WHAT is truly the cause of the aggravation. 

Tanner is pissed cause Simone had the nerve to want him to be more respectful of their her and their sexual business. Somehow that's a fault of hers

Ashton is mad at Riley cause he and the boys can't demean and degrade women in the workplace without consequence. It's supposed to be Riley's priority to not share intimate details meanwhile Tanner is free to share his escapades with Simone with no regard. Oh and lets not forget the threat in his talking head, something that seemed to refer to how he plans on treating her from now on since she wants to be "one of the girls". So it seems he plans on alienating her SPECIFICALLY due to her gender. Can't wait to see that unfold.. NOT!

Kevin doesn't like that Kate has a say in things that have to do with him not understanding that they are both in positions of authority and share the same workspace so the job dictates that their efforts are coordinated NOT dictated by him. The wine stupidness was him hating the idea that Kate has decision making capabilities which seem to really piss him off. 

Even Brian is drinking the cool aide confusing being aggravated with Kates bratty behavior with needing to "put her in her place". Ummmmm what??? It's revelations like that that let you know how deep misogynist culture runs. Look I hate throwing that shit around all the time but this is the stuff that drives women mad. The denial that there are some deep rooted tendencies and habits men have. A LOT of men. We have 3 men in one space who deeply resent not being able to exhibit very negative, nasty, unkind, aggressive and despicable behavior and who very matter of factly express offense at being made to feel bad for shitty actions. Not only that, they seem to want to penalize the women for annoying THEM! It's very evident that the men don't like push back and it's all being glossed over by claims the women (Kate, Riley) have behaved "inappropriate or unprofessionally" but in reality the men don't like it when the women "annoy" them too much in one way or another.

I get being annoyed at Kate. What I don't approve of is Ashtons tendency to turn it into an opportunity to be extremely superior and authoritive when in all actuality the situation doesn't call for such extreme responses. He leaps at any opportunity to lash out a a woman he feels challenged by or slighted by. It's not just his aggravation for the situation at hand that dictates how he responses. It's the overall idea that a women isn't staying within certain perimeters of behavior in general that unleashes his tirade. 

Edited by Yours Truly
escapes is different than escapades... although he seems to constantly be trying to escape Simone.. LOL
  • Love 21

Tanner is the worst -- even if he and Simone are just a casual hookup, that doesn't mean you don't treat her with respect.  Taking a friend's feelings into consideration does not mean you now have to marry her.  Sheesh, the immaturity boggles the mind.

• Love 17
On 12/10/2019 at 10:00 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I think they need to start getting guests who aren't all complete douchebag caricatures of actual humans. Some people with real wealth and who aren't just Bravo repeat losers who keep coming back for airtime. Probably easier said than done but I hate the ridiculous, over-the-top annoying guests they have on most the time. Don't need to see Steve do another lame foam party or drunk previous charter guests come back on and grope Captain Lee. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, kelseykixx said:

I think they need to start getting guests who aren't all complete douchebag caricatures of actual humans. Some people with real wealth and who aren't just Bravo repeat losers who keep coming back for airtime. Probably easier said than done but I hate the ridiculous, over-the-top annoying guests they have on most the time. Don't need to see Steve do another lame foam party or drunk previous charter guests come back on and grope Captain Lee. 

True.  And, just perhaps, I have outgrown this show and other Bravo shows as well.  I think it may be time to move on. lol 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jel said:

didn't take Ashton's "that was Smashton" as a legitimate explanation and excuse for his bad behavior, more like a joke.

But he does seem to expect people to laugh that behavior off and not care about it and knows that is how he acts when he drinks too much but actively brags about trying to get that way. I mean for fucksake he grabbed Kate and stuck his tongue down her throat but the height of disrespect is throwing their laundry, WHICH THEY DIDNT EVEN DO, on the ground?  The only one who should be pissed about her throwing the laundry on the floor is Simone who probably did it but hopefully Kate will at least take care of it in the morning.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 18
18 hours ago, lizajane said:

Heh - I actually think Ashton is the best looking when he is not in his Smashton or Chippendale persona.

The nine wasn't just for looks, cuz neither Brian nor Ashton do anything for me in that department.  But Brian hasn't shown the level of douchitude that Ashton has...though this is the former's first season on the show, so give it time. 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

BTW, the guys were snarking on Rhylee eating pizza on her paleo diet.

And once again, one of the guys tried to take the high road by apologizing but Kate wouldn't have any of it.  Instead she pitched a fit before going into her cabin to sob.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

The nine wasn't just for looks, cuz neither Brian nor Ashton do anything for me in that department.  But Brian hasn't shown the level of douchitude that Ashton has...though this is the former's first season on the show, so give it time. 🙂

But where did Brian get off thinking that he had the right to tell Kate off?  After all, no matter how you slice it, she is way above him on the crew totem pole and it most certainly was NOT his place.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

But where did Brian get off thinking that he had the right to tell Kate off?  After all, no matter how you slice it, she is way above him on the crew totem pole and it most certainly was NOT his place.

Definitely put that man in his place. He should just sit there and look pretty!

• Love 1

One of the biggest problems with what's happening and what usually happens on these shows is the weak minded allowing others get in their ear about someone else. I don't allow another persons perspective influence how I decide to treat a person in any given situation. Sure I retain information and file away certain details but it's to be used in combination of MY OWN interactions and my own criteria. There are things about Kate and Kate's behavior that I don't like but that doesn't mean I can't see the situation with Ashton and Kate for what it was. Doesn't mean that Brian calling her a bitch was on the money. Just because I don't like mean girl Kate doesn't mean that I can't see the asshole moves of the men.

The only true interaction Brian had with Kate that day was having to wait on her and then the pretty mild conversation in the van. However, he had a day filled with commentary from Kevin and Ashton ABOUT Kate and their annoyed point of view about Kate. Seemed to be a whole lotta "bitch eating crackers" going on actually and then all of a sudden Brian is in a place where he's thinking "someone needs to put Kate in her place..." Huh? How did he get from not ever having any negative interaction with Kate to being the one to call her a bitch? Maybe he would have been able to let the van ride conversation roll off his back a bit easier had he not been fed a bunch a Kate hate throughout the day. Brian allowing the others negative energy about Kate become HIS negative energy with Kate is such immaturity. Very weak minded.

Funny we didn't see the stews decide they were going to team up and give Kevin what for even though he constantly undermines Kate and obviously considers the interior inferior. Kevin has overstepped boundaries plenty of times but the women don't then decide to join forces, single him out and give him what for in a ridiculous disrespectful and aggressive manner. meanwhile they DO have legitimate cause to do just that. Hell even when Kate is sharing her grievances with him she isn't wilding out crazily and inappropriately. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 14