Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Kā i ka ʻino, no ka ʻino (To Return Evil for Evil)

• Start Topic

When Five-0 investigates a tourist helicopter that was shot down by a missile, they trace the stolen artillery to a ghost from McGarrett’s past—Wo Fat. Also, after Adam’s ordeal in rescuing Tamiko and reconnecting with the Yakuza, he makes a bold decision about his future with Five-0.

Original Airdate: December 13, 2019

SOURCE: https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/hawaii-five-0/releases/view?id=54080

So it looks like the widow Wo will be a driver in the crossover. Why else would she check out Junior?

Meanwhile on Magnum they have started dropping the name of his greatest enemy from the original as the crossover approaches, Ivan. 

This felt like 'old school' 5-0 ... like the earlier seasons when I enjoyed the show most. The Yakuza stuff is a complicated threat involving personal and criminal threads that (as was said by many last week) was so horribly wasted in Adam's story line before. Yes, it's wash and repeat but it does still have great possibilities.  I don't want Adam to be *bad* exactly but as a character with 5-0 friendships and a genuine established Yakuza heritage, this at least makes him and the conflict more interesting. 

Loved that the Steve-Danny partnership was back. Love that Danny is going to be living at Steve's longer - makes for many possibilities with the banter/friendship stuff.

Wo-Fat has been done and done and done again ...but his wife? Okay - I can enjoy that threat too. It's so wonderfully personal.

Didn't miss Quinn at all and with Adam off on his nefarious activities the cast suddenly becomes the right size once again. Really it's that simple.

Just two other things... When Wo-Fat Wife pulled off her rubber Mission Impossible style mask & set fire to, my first thought was for the sink 'cos, wow, that's gonna leave a mark!

Also, Wo-Fat Wife's henchman clearly visits the same barber as Danny ( I may be in the minority here but I actually quite like it). Maybe Danny will try a little pony tail thingy too? God, I hope not.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Roselle said:

This felt like 'old school' 5-0 ... like the earlier seasons when I enjoyed the show most. The Yakuza stuff is a complicated threat involving personal and criminal threads that (as was said by many last week) was so horribly wasted in Adam's story line before. Yes, it's wash and repeat but it does still have great possibilities.  I don't want Adam to be *bad* exactly but as a character with 5-0 friendships and a genuine established Yakuza heritage, this at least makes him and the conflict more interesting. 

I have to agree about this episode. It felt like the school I fell in love with. 

I also love the Adam/Yakuza plot line. It's been staring us in the face for years. Especially since when he appeared on the scene, Adam was more ruthless then they made him into to be with Kono. Then they tried to turn him into a lawyer who was just running the business and happened to be born into this life.  It could be both and it looks like they are going to finally explore it. 

I do believe that Adam is run by whatever woman he is with though. He met Kono and left the Yakuza. Now, he's with Tamiko and he's back in.

And finally, Wo Fat's wife! She's exactly the type woman that woman he would have married. Ruthless and shady and down with the killing. Great casting!  Do we know if Wo Fat had any kids? 

15 minutes ago, SoapDoc said:

And finally, Wo Fat's wife! She's exactly the type woman that woman he would have married. Ruthless and shady and down with the killing. Great casting!  Do we know if Wo Fat had any kids? 

We didn't even know he was married. But say if the show has a 20 year SVU length run you can bet that about the time Steve's niece Joan becomes of a post pubescent age Wo-Fat will have a son  trying to get in her pants.

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Roselle said:

... When Wo-Fat Wife pulled off her rubber Mission Impossible style mask & set fire to, my first thought was for the sink 'cos, wow, that's gonna leave a mark!

My first thought was "Wow, that burning latex is gonna set off the sprinklers/fire alarm."

• Love 4

I was impressed by Mrs Fat attention to detail, when she first entered the scene I wondered if that was not a much younger woman playing an old lady but then the camera showed her old-lady hands. Well played.

They're not exactly trying to hide the fact that Katrina Law was hired as Scott Caan stand-in with better hair. Speaking of hair: Tani looked great this episode and loved her regret about not having been informed about a possible career as findomme (so am I, Tani, so am I).

The Adam stuff has potential but I'm not sure the show is willing to go as dark as it could. I'd like to see Tamiko turning to the dark side and taking over in an O-Ren Ishii power-move.

• Love 1

Just hope Adam can kill Kenji as really if he did that, he may have been over on the getting out of the mob and killing his henchmen with him. Then maybe Steve will give him Five 0 one more time and that it will come with conditions

Danny is annoying but at least he is caring and that he used the ruse to help out Steve in his time of need. Six more weeks as Steve needs all the help he can get

Notice in the promo Steve is driving Thomas Magnum's Ferrari and really Steve can be just downright rude and really hope Juliet Higgins puts Steve in his place. It may be a running gag but it is just downright insensitive.

2 hours ago, Passepartout said:

Notice in the promo Steve is driving Thomas Magnum's Ferrari and really Steve can be just downright rude and really hope Juliet Higgins puts Steve in his place. It may be a running gag but it is just downright insensitive.

You mean Robin Masters' Ferrari of course. 🤯

Edited by Raja
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I've ripped on Adam before, but this is actually how he should be written.

8 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Tani looked great this episode and loved her regret about not having been informed about a possible career as findomme (so am I, Tani, so am I).

Hilarious line reading. Also not too late!

The Wo Fat connection is just weak writing. They wrapped that up. No need to go back to that.

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 2

I agree that the Wo Fat stuff is way overdone.  Instead, come up with anew nemesis for the new McGarrett.  Maybe have him or her make periodic appearances like the Wo Fat character - a couple of times a season - always just on the brink of being caught.

But in order for that to happen, the writers would have to put their thinking caps on and these writers look like they've run out of fresh ideas.  

On 12/14/2019 at 4:37 AM, Roselle said:

When Wo-Fat Wife pulled off her rubber Mission Impossible style mask & set fire to, my first thought was for the sink 'cos, wow, that's gonna leave a mark!

LOL, when she set fire to the thing I said to the TV, "Lady, if you're going to do that, do it in the kitchen!" 😂

I'm torn on this whole resurgence of the Wo Fat plot line.  On the one hand, it is OVER.  Even Doris is finally, most sincerely, dead. 

But I can see some angst on Steve's horizon as Mrs. Wo Fat deliciously teases him over the rest of the season about how Doris doted on Wo Fat, and (maybe?) her Wo Fat grandchildren.   All those Christmases, birthdays, Thanksgivings, summer picnics she spent with the Wo Fat family loving and cherishing them all.  Without Doris there to confront about it, Steve will get extra angsty.

And the casting for Mrs. Wo Fat is excellent, and the actress definitely spent some time studying Mark Dacascos in all his appearances as Wo Fat, because she's got his air of menacing mystery and studied mannerisms down pat.  I'm really digging that comic book villain characterization.  Then I can see the new Yakuza story line dovetailing into the new Mrs. Wo Fat storyline, and Adam will be in the thick of it from the inside.

Anyone else think Adam's new girlfriend is evil?  I

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Anyone else think Adam's new girlfriend is evil? 

I don't this she is ---yet.

When she was introduced, she was about to marry an FBI agent. She hated her father's way of life.

However, she is really angry about her father's death and she seems to be the type that would ride-or-die with Adam. This could be interesting if the writers are willing to take some chances.

I had to laugh at the ending mirroring the end of The Godfather, with Adam entering the meeting room and a minion closing the door in Tamiko's face. She's not Kay, and Adam is most definitely not Michael Corleone. Fredo maybe, but not Michael.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1