Type keyword(s) to search

House Flipping Shows

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, 2727 said:

I enjoy Boise Boys so much. Even though he goes overboard on plants and tchotchkes in his staging, Luke always tries something different and I appreciate his range of styles. I was happy that he was able to buy the house for his family last week.

The new (?) episode with the mural hit my sweet spot and I would have bought it in a minute. You know, in that dreamy way of not living in Boise and not being able to afford it. Loved the seafoam sink and tub; the white fixtures was a great contrast and made the pieces look updated.

The penny bathroom floor turned out well and I didn't even mind the sappy text. It's too bad Ashley and Michael on Big Texas Fix didn't think of it -- they used expensive premade mosiac tiles as a border in one of their bathrooms because they were too expensive to use on the whole floor.

BB, Good Bones, and Texas Fix are a great palate cleanser after suffering through Windy City!

Boise Boys has its own forum.

The Kettle House was fun to watch; it was certainly different!

The custom kitchen cabinets in the recent episode were odd, I thought. Light wood Shaker style door fronts surrounded by a darker wood? I didn't really get a good look at them since the island pulled all the focus, but they didn't even pretend to be period appropriate-ish.

I had a feeling Michael and Ashley would be keeping the house, just because the seller mentioned wanting the house to go to people who'd appreciate it, and because Ashley was willing to splurge for things like the chandelier, custom cabinets, and front porch lamps that she usually isn't up for. 

I kind of still hold it against her (in a TV-watching way) that she didn't let Michael buy those $25/sf copper penny tiles for the bathroom in his parents' old house because they were too spendy. They got the house for free! She ended up surprising him with a few tiles they used as a border but it didn't really coordinate well with the rest of the tile, so poo.

How dare flippers and homeowners not go with the most expensive choices for my viewing pleasure!

• Love 1

I am also from the Houston-Galveston area so I was intrigued by Big Texas Fix pilot that aired last year.  The series has been interesting, seeing what they do with some houses in very poor condition, and the Cordrays are a "pretty cute couple," we say around here.

This article has quite a bit of info on the season's houses--they don't hold onto all the houses but obviously are living in one (most recent episode) and probably have another as a rental.

https://www.galvestonmonthly.com/2019/04/04/194561/galvestons-big-texas-fix-

• Love 3
(edited)

Thanks for the article @tvchick.

Interesting that the house that sold the first day it was listed and above asking was the one with the different colored plank flooring!

Michael and Ashley do nice work and their relationship seems genuinely kind without being overly shmoopy. I really like that Ashley isn't prancing around job sites in heels and full makeup.

I still want to know how much the flippers themselves make off these shows, though. Are profits split evenly between the production company and flippers? My wild guess is that a channel like HGTV pays more than DIY, so which network it's on might make a difference. For all the sweat, long hours, and stress, I'd like to think the flippers come out with at least $25K or so per episode.

Edited by palmaire
  • Love 1

@tvchick, thanks for the link to the article about the Cordrays and Big Texas Fix.

It was interesting to read that they had multiple renovation houses going on simultaneously.

I've always wondered what the real time renovation and shooting schedules look like for these shows. For instance, I watched one of the new season's episodes of Good Bones. When they were looking at the newly purchased house they were bundled up in winter outwear and on demo day Mina had a small baby bump. By the time the house was getting finished the baby had been born. There was another episode where the seasons obviously had significantly changed between initial walkthrough (restaged for the cameras I assume) and demo day. 

Also, on both Rehab Addict and Bargain Mansions, they divide up each project into two or more episodes. So, we see the work from start to furnished finish on, say, the master suite (Rehab Addict) or the lower floor of the house (Bargain Mansions). Then we're supposed to believe that, with a fully renovated and beautifully furnished main floor or master suite in place, they proceed to do all the dirty work, including demo, required to renovate the top floor or living room. Oh, please. Give us credit for a few active brain cells, even if we are watching cable TV.

Bargain Mansions is really bad about that. No, Tamara, I don't believe that you totally did that main floor down to the stylish place settings on the table, and are then going to do all that filthy messy work to renovate the floor above. With that beautifully staged lower floor in place.  I enjoy that show, but I wish they'd stop with that bullsh*t. 

BTW, the Kettle House is now listed for rental on AirBnB. No toddlers/small children because the spiral staircase is just too dangerous. Rents at $250 a night. Now if I can only persuade a few buddies that we need a nice little trip to Galveston . . . 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Okay I think I have watched all the Big Texas Fix shows and I loved every single episode. My favorite rehabs were the 1913 cottage and the two story blue house, that had a trunk room and they put the kitchen in the breezeway. There had been fire damage  in the breezeway. My mind is drawing a blank on what the latter house was called. I really hope that they continue doing shows and have a lot of success in their life. I adore Chip and Jo but I got really tired of their style and have pretty much burned out on them, I don't think I have watched a single episode of their last season. I don't see myself ever getting tired of the Big Texas Fix duo.

I have not seen all the episodes, but I have really enjoyed the ones I have seen.  The houses are not cookie cutter, and they don't end up all looking the same on the inside. The couple does not get on my nerves, either.

• Love 2

Shall we do a round of favorite shows? :-)

• Big Texas Flip: I like Ashley and Michael and their desire to maintain historical accuracy.
  • Boise Boys: Best range of house styles and design choices. Not cookie cutter.
  • Flip or Flop Nashville: Easy going and no stress as Page and DeRon take things in stride. A lot of brick ranch houses but they do nice work.
  • Philly Revival: Rachel is super competent and hands-on. The row houses can get a little boring but I still look forward to watching her work.
  • Music City Fix: Wildcard choice! They almost always enlarge their houses so it's a bigger reveal, and Kortney isn't stuck in one style. I know Dave and Kortney chafe some people but I like them together. Not sure they making new shows, though.
  • Love 1

Did anyone catch HGTV's new show Going for Sold? Half hour show set in Houston. The flippers are husband and wife.

The first episode was a pretty standard Texas brick ranch from the 80s; they did a cosmetic flip with some repair work. The staging was pleasant, nothing overstuffed or frilly, and blessedly shabby chic free.

• Love 2
On 8/2/2019 at 10:17 AM, 2727 said:

Did anyone catch HGTV's new show Going for Sold? Half hour show set in Houston. The flippers are husband and wife.

The first episode was a pretty standard Texas brick ranch from the 80s; they did a cosmetic flip with some repair work. The staging was pleasant, nothing overstuffed or frilly, and blessedly shabby chic free.

I was just coming here to post about this show.  

I watched the 2 episodes on the HGTV site yesterday and the couple are fun and pleasant--the wife is very funny, and her design work is pretty clean and  attractive.    They played a little too much to the camera, but that seems to be the fashion--and I wish they'd show more of the actual work, but I enjoyed them and I would watch more episodes if they have them!   I liked that room with the coral accents in particular--her style seems to be a lot of neutrals or black and white with color accents, and I thought that was a little different and came out really pretty.

• Love 2
On 8/2/2019 at 8:17 AM, 2727 said:

On 8/5/2019 at 4:28 PM, car54 said:

I watched the 2 episodes on the HGTV site yesterday and the couple are fun and pleasant--the wife is very funny, and her design work is pretty clean and  attractive.    

My DVR picked up Episode 3 the other day, and I watched it last night. It was a small brick ranch house with serious foundation problems. Not sure it's needed but will spoiler tag some stuff.

Spoiler

They fixed the foundation issues, which required busting up the concrete foundation (Houston houses tend to be built on slabs; water table is too high for basements) in part of the house. Then, *after* they'd re-poured the slab and thought they were done, they discovered the plumbing lines under the house were shot. So they had to bust up some of the newly laid slab. Ouch. Bad project sequencing. Couldn't they have inspected the pipes when they had floors dug up already?

They listed the house at a price that would have given them a profit of, IIRC, something like $50K. The final VO said it was on the market for several weeks, and they finally sold it for a lot less. Their profit was just under $13K. I don't remember the math, as to whether that took into account any of their carrying costs.

I thought they did a good job with the floor plan, within the limits of the house's small footprint. Among other challenges, the washer and dryer were located in an odd little shed built onto the back of the house. Yes, you had to stand outside to do laundry. Just, no. They created a small closet for a stacked W/D unit inside the house.

I liked the decor, and I *loved* the antique sliding doors in the master bedroom. Loved. them. Want them. 

ETA: And, I like the flipper couple. He's a big calm guy and she's got a sparkly personality. They are very pleasant together and seem like a good team. And, I adore her red eyeglasses. Because, yeah, I'm shallow. 

Edited by Jeeves
another thought
  • Love 1

Well, good. My DVR picked up a new episode of Going for Sold and I watched it last night. S1:E4, "Mirror Mirrors on the Wall."

I still really like this couple. He's sensible and she's also canny, but with such a sparkly and fun personality. They have a very positive vibe.

This week's house, in a Houston suburb, was larger and gave them more to work with than the cramped and small house last week. They handled the foundation issues upfront, replaced some cringeworthy 1980's decor with nice looks, and did a lovely total re-do of the master bath. Also re-did the other bathroom.

Interestingly, they didn't totally gut the kitchen; instead, they kept and painted the cabinets. The cabinets were solid wood and in good shape. They also didn't blow out any walls. By the time the cabinets were painted, with new countertops, hardware, appliances, etc., it looked pretty good. 

I think the Boise Boys and the California flippers would have gutted the kitchen and blown out some walls, but keeping the walls and cabinets was a smart move for this Houston area home. 

These aren't $400,000 houses like the Boise Boys do, or the $600,000 - $750,000 houses that we see on the California shows. They are quite comparable to many of those houses in size, age, amenities, etc., but Houston isn't such a high-priced market. This couple has to work within tighter budgets than flippers we see in the higher priced markets. They bought this house for $90K, spent $35,500 on the renovation, listed it at $170,000, sold it for that, and after closing costs netted just under $30K.

My onscreen guide says there are two more new episodes scheduled, on the next two Thursday nights. Yay!

• Love 1

That's so sad about the death of Nashville Flipped star Troy Dean Shafer.  

I just read this!  How very, very sad.  I looked his death up online and the cause was accidental drug overdose.  I really enjoyed this show and Troy.  It was no drama and fun to watch.  

Does anyone have an idea of how to find out the home addresses of Tamara's flips from Bargain Mansions?  I'm going to Kansas City and would love to do some drive-bys.  Last time I was there, I was able to find only one home by searching online (which was very fun to see in person).  

How would people feel about requesting a topic change to something like Flipping/Remodeling/Design shows, and merge the current Design thread into it?

There aren't a lot of pure design shows any more (like the old Design on a Dime and similar) that don't have their own forums, and even the flipping shows sometimes do a "remodel for a client" episode instead of a flip.

Might make things more inclusive and easier to find. 😀

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 2727 said:

How would people feel about requesting a topic change to something like Flipping/Remodeling/Design shows, and merge the current Design thread into it?

There aren't a lot of pure design shows any more (like the old Design on a Dime and similar) that don't have their own forums, and even the flipping shows sometimes do a "remodel for a client" episode instead of a flip.

Might make things more inclusive and easier to find. 😀

I'm good with it! Thanks!

I just found Cash Pad on CNBC. A couple of investors (an engaged couple from The Bachelorette, but I'm trying not to hold that against them) partner with homeowners to create a rental space on their property. It's not horrible and the Air BNB aspect adds a bit of interest. Airs Tuesdays at 10pm.

I was watching a flip show today with the obligatory scene of installing a huge steel header. Struggle struggle blah blah. Will it fit? Will someone drop it? Suspenseful music and a commercial break!! It's every bit as boring to me as the stupid demo day footage.

• Love 1

HGTV brought back a show from last year--it was called Music City Fix--couple in Nashville--she is a real estate agent and does the design and he is the contractor---is back with a new name--Masters of Flip.

They do a nice job with expanding modest houses and updating them but she has a very obnoxious sense of color--every home I've seen, my first reaction has been "well it's just paint--we could fix that" and he chronically takes on the house --they always have full access to look at the possible homes and he always seems to buy the house and it has some major problem he didn't catch so he is chronically over-budget.

Their first 2 episodes of the new season are on the website under the HGTV Sneak Peak.  The first one is the only episode I could remember where the husband didn't go way over budget, so I had hope they had a new thing but the second one, the house literally had no foundation--and he never looked until one of his workmen took him to the basement.     They make huge profits if the numbers they quote are accurate.     I like that new show Going for Sold do nice work and make a fraction of what these people make.

• Love 1

Thanks, @car54! Dang HGTV for their stupid scheduling. I like Dave and Kortney and their contractors and corny landscaper. It's the only show I've seen that features a design assistant on camera.

I think they have higher profits because they always add on, often more than doubling the size of a house. Kortney's color choices are generally not my own but at least she's not stuck in one particular style and it makes it more interesting to watch.

To get this off my chest ... in one episode Dave kept saying there's no such word as "littler." YES there is, Dave! Little, littler, littlest. Spellcheck approves.

• Love 2

Maybe I should put this on the HGTV thread...but does anyone think that maybe the "Flip" genre on tv has maybe run it's course?  Or started to weed out the lesser ones? I like a couple of them...Love Boise Boys and the one with Mina and her mother.  Can't think of any other ones right now.  But at some point a good many of them run together.  Am I the only one? 

On 2/19/2020 at 8:27 PM, Kemper said:

Maybe I should put this on the HGTV thread...but does anyone think that maybe the "Flip" genre on tv has maybe run it's course?  Or started to weed out the lesser ones? I like a couple of them...Love Boise Boys and the one with Mina and her mother.  Can't think of any other ones right now.  But at some point a good many of them run together.  Am I the only one? 

Right now, I'm wondering how many of these flippers will be left standing as a result of our current economic decline.

• Love 1

My guess is that there are going to be millions of short sales, and foreclosures, because of loss of income.    There will also be landlords that get tired of not getting paid rent, and will eventually be able to evict tenants, and will sell rental properties.     For flippers, especially in very expensive markets, I bet there will be a lot of possible houses at bargain prices.   

On 4/18/2020 at 7:49 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is that there are going to be millions of short sales, and foreclosures, because of loss of income.    There will also be landlords that get tired of not getting paid rent, and will eventually be able to evict tenants, and will sell rental properties.     For flippers, especially in very expensive markets, I bet there will be a lot of possible houses at bargain prices.   

If all that comes to pass (I'm not arguing that it won't), In the higher end markets of California, I see more rich people becoming landlords, and more people renting homes. I don't feel really good about how this shakes out for middle-income people, let alone those with lower incomes. Also, will property taxes skyrocket? That certainly will hurt what with states losing money in this crisis. 

I'm not sure why, but I have the feeling that people like Tarek and Christina are living on the edge financially, and this downturn will kill their businesses/lifestyles. 

• Love 1

I'm not among the millions of adoring Chip and JoJo Gaines fans, so I'm not thrilled that they are taking over the DIY Channel sometime later this year. I hope that my favorite DIY shows get to live on, elsewhere in TVland. 

One ray of hope: last night HGTV aired a new episode of Bargain Mansions. So new, that instead of the "friends dropping by" to view the finished so-called "Phase 1," or the usual "open house" after "Phase 2," it was just Tamara showing us around. She explained that because of the current situation, "it's just you and me here." 

It was clear from the snow on the ground that they did the renovations over the winter, but obviously the house wasn't done and staged before the pandemic, hence the simple reveal for the show. (I've posted upthread about how they play with the timeline, and pretend they completely finish half the house, usually the main floor, in "Phase 1," and then, with all the beautiful finish work done, move upstairs and start the dirty demo to do "Phase 2." Oh, please, that's so annoying. Rehab Addict does that too; pretends they do part of the house before they start on the rest.)

It's been pointed out somewhere around here, that HGTV is pushing Ben and Erin of Home Town, as the next Chip and Joanna. I like Home Town, but it's annoying AF that HGTV now repackages old episodes as "Our Little Secret" with extra footage or extra info or something, and brands them as new for my DVR to pick up. Yawn. At least it seems that Ben and Erin aren't homophobes. IIRC there has been an episode, or two, where they renovated a house for a same sex couple. 

Edited by Jeeves
parentheses. Are supposed to appear in pairs.
  • Love 6

I like Home Town, too; just not for hours at a time.  I like Bargain Mansions.  I would like The Property Brothers more if they didn't have what seems to be 3-4 shows with HGTV - another over-exposed pair.  I don't watch decorating/flip/house shows to see Hallmark Family...House Renovators.  I do enjoy Good Bones.

• Love 1

FIrst Time Flippers.   This show makes the ridiculous chances the professionals take (no safety lines, minimal wear of gloves, and safety glasses, and respirators) look minor.   There is a couple on FTF, in upstate New York that is a former EPA spill site, but "it's all fixed".    No it isn't, and they are removing paint that looks like lead, with no eye or breaking protection.     The couple in Passaic, NJ doing a two month flip on a fire and water damaged house has already taken over a year.    They did the drywall install themselves, and there are big, crooked gaps,  If anyone buys that house, or if it ever passed any inspections, I would be shocked.  

Big Texas Fix is by far the best of the second/third tier shows (shows that aren't being constantly pimped by the network) but google shows S02E01 on August 31st. Nothing mentioned on their facebook page or anywhere else or even any indication that they were filming another season so I don't want to get my hopes up. Probably just a "pop-up" repackage of a season 1 episode. Stupid google getting my hopes up.

On First Time Flippers (or a similar one), there was an episode where the two flippers were putting down a laminate wood floor and they lined all the seams up. Full piece, full piece, full piece, cut piece. Repeat for the length of the room. They high fived over how easy to install it was. It was so funny, and they had no clue how wrong they did it. But someone must have told them because it was fixed by the reveal. There are definitely times on that show that I root for a flop, but somehow they usually seem to come out ahead, no matter how stupid or naive they are.

On 8/11/2020 at 10:51 PM, MaKaM said:

Big Texas Fix is by far the best of the second/third tier shows (shows that aren't being constantly pimped by the network) but google shows S02E01 on August 31st. Nothing mentioned on their facebook page or anywhere else or even any indication that they were filming another season so I don't want to get my hopes up. Probably just a "pop-up" repackage of a season 1 episode. Stupid google getting my hopes up.

On First Time Flippers (or a similar one), there was an episode where the two flippers were putting down a laminate wood floor and they lined all the seams up. Full piece, full piece, full piece, cut piece. Repeat for the length of the room. They high fived over how easy to install it was. It was so funny, and they had no clue how wrong they did it. But someone must have told them because it was fixed by the reveal. There are definitely times on that show that I root for a flop, but somehow they usually seem to come out ahead, no matter how stupid or naive they are.

I hope Big Texas Fix comes back with more episodes. Miss it.

Big Texas Flip returns to DIY network tomorrow August 31  at 8 pm CT/9ET with a new name--Restoring Galveston.  They filmed eight episodes, completing the filming on Dec. 23.

The Cordrays did a Facebook/Instagram live last week. There are some surprises that they revealed--it was clear that they are very excited about the new season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/30/2020 at 6:10 PM, tvchick said:

Big Texas Flip returns to DIY network tomorrow August 31  at 8 pm CT/9ET with a new name--Restoring Galveston.  They filmed eight episodes, completing the filming on Dec. 23.

The Cordrays did a Facebook/Instagram live last week. There are some surprises that they revealed--it was clear that they are very excited about the new season.

I watched last week. The new name fits better. New addition to the family too.

• Love 1
On 8/30/2020 at 5:10 PM, tvchick said:

Thank you for letting us know about the new name!  I like their show, but never would have noticed it was back because of the name change.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

Is it me or are all the flipping shows starting to blend?  Maybe due to all the marathons and reruns in this time of Covid?

They've been doing marathons and reruns for years. Maybe your noticing because your home more?

The newest one I've watched is Going For Sold

After watching all these flip and design shows, I've realized I don't like on the counter bowls as bathroom sinks. I don't like all white kitchens and I don't like kitchen sinks that are located under top cabinets. I want my kitchen sink under a window. I also prefer stoves set in the middle with counter space on both sides. Sigh.  I would probably have to just design my own kitchen.

• Love 1

I hate those vessel sinks too.

I'm watching one that HGTV is saying is new called "Gut Job" in Ohio.     I don't know if it's really new or not, but it's nice to see a real renovation on a total mess of a house.       I like that they sealed the scorched wood that was still good, to prevent the smoke smell from ever coming back.    I only see one episode listed on HGTV.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Flipping Vegas had a few seasons, but they haven't done a new one in a long time.    The Amie/Scott battles were just for the show as far as I've read in other articles.    I guess the producers all think viewers want conflict, but in my opinion, we want to see remodeling, and design, and the finished product.   I think they also had how to flip seminars too. 

At least from what I've read they were really flippers, as opposed to some others that apparently aren't. 

• Love 2

Most flip shows leave me cold but a show called Desert Flippers recently showed up on a channel I get and they ran a few marathons of it.  It's a few years old so very much pre-Covid (you can tell by the way they take down walls instead of  putting them up!!) anyway I really like the young couple (and Uncle Mike) and mostly I agree with the choices they make and like the staging (something that I don't think I ever liked in Flip or Flop Vegas (honestly what was Aubrey thinking???) 

I have been enjoying the Farmhouse Fixer reno show on HGTV led by a former New Kid on the Block.  He's determined to save the vanishing American farmhouse, and is enthusiastic about the history and the old features.  He also seems down to earth, and a nice guy, so it's easy to watch.  He does a great job on the houses.  It's a new show.   I hope it has the viewers to keep going.  I love old house renos where they try to keep the historic features.

• Love 7

"Triple Digit Flip" on Saturday on A&E is about a company of flippers in Phoenex is fun.  They look at two houses, and decide on one to flip.   However, on today's episode, one house wasn't right for them to do, so they resell it to another flipper.      The sister is the project manager too, and I like that.  

The difference is the two main partners are actually former competitors, but they do flips together. 

I know it's probably just as phony as the rest of the shows, but I still like it.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

I've watched two episodes of the new HGTV show called Houses with History.  I've enjoyed it so far!  I'm most impressed with the wife who is the real estate agent but mainly the designer.  She's quiet and unassuming and while she deals a lot with antiques, she doesn't appear to be a one trick pony.  Although it may not be the taste I want in my own home, it's super refreshing to see something different than what the Joanna and Christina cookie-cutter types bring to the table.  I feel the same way when I'm watching Restored.  

The two main guys are a bit hokey with their banter and jokes, but they didn't bother me.  I like that the history buff researches the homes with the local historians.  Oddly, that part reminds me of Dead Files, but in a completely different way!

My one criticism is that they aren't really doing much preservation, and that's how they advertise themselves.  The two homes I watched them redo had already been gutted/remodeled at some point, and in the case of the 1st episode, the house was so rotten it practically needed to be newly rebuilt.  

• Love 2

I'm also enjoying Houses with History & especially Restored and wish more people appreciated "timeless" core parts of homes.  Just watched Kortney and the new guy tear apart a 17 year old kitchen that was well cared for but looked dated.  If they hadn't originally chosen the granite colour and tile patterns du jour, which started looking "dated" after ~5 years, they wouldn't need to dump it all in a landfill. My grandmother's 101 year old farmhouse sink still looks great today.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2

I love Houses with History. 

I've been watching the first two episodes of "Flipping Showdown" with 3 couples competing to partner with Anita, and Ken Corsini, and win prizes.   

I only like the brothers Washington DC and Pensacola.   I don't like the couple from Cincinnati, or the ones from Nashville.    I really don't like that they don't get equal houses, differing locations do make a huge price difference in how much improvement in the appraised value percentage will be.   

So far there has been a bunch of bad planning, poor time management and bad choices in remodeling.    I really don't like that a couple did a house Ken and Anita said the quality wasn't good enough to put their company name on the house, without doing a bunch of corrections.   I do like that they do more than one house each, and have a realistic timeline.      

The show claims all three couples are experienced flippers, but they don't act like it with their work so far.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

A&E has another short term flip show on their Saturday morning block of shows.   It's called 50/50 Flip, with a couple from Burlington, NC, that do $50k flips in 50 days or less.    I like them, I like the concept and that they're doing cheaper houses.   However, their goal is to make 'generational wealth' for their kids and future grandkids.    The wife said 'generational wealth' so many times in the first 10 minutes that I'm thinking of turning the show off.  

I'm glad they want to make it rich, and pass it on, but I'm already sick of hearing about it.  

• Love 1

First Time Fixer on Magnolia is fun.    The few episodes so far have feature two women, flipping condos in Utah, and first time they made a lot of mistakes, Chip and Jo came to the first flip to give some advice, and the two women made a profit.   Their third flip was a ski area condo, with investor money, and was really well done.   

Tonight, they have two episodes, with different flippers.    The one irritating thing is they ran these at 8 p.m. on Friday, now they changed to 7 p.m. Central, and I only found out about the schedule change by accident.   

Not as much fun as the old Renovation Realities, but the people on that were very scary.