Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: 7 Swans A Singin’

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Escalation does not always lead to escalation.  It can escalate, but it doesn't mean that it will escalate. There are many situations where bullies back down, because they thrive on easy people to go after.   Many bullies thrive on domination of others.  They go after people who don't have a social circle.  They go after people with low or no self-esteem.  Bullies don't go after the captain of the football team.  They go after the quiet kid sitting in the back of the room that wouldn't harm a fly.

They are reactive parents, not proactive.  The reason that granny is involved at all is simply because the parents have opted out of raising their kids.

The parents did not follow up to see if the kid that Lexi hit was okay.

The parents didn't have a discussion with all of their kids to make sure they knew what their parents thought was acceptable and not acceptable.

The parents didn't have a discussion with the principal at the school to find out what was going on there and to make sure they knew that Lexi was being bullied.

The fact that they didn't do any of those things makes them lousy parents.

All they did was ground Lexi.  That is pretty pathetic on their part.  It is their job to raise their kids, not the schools.

As I have said before, she didn't hit the bully in the face with a rock.  They even showed that on this episode when granny was talking to Lexi.  Lexi wrapped her hand around the rock and hit the girl with her fist.  The rock didn't touch the bully, Lexi's fist hit the bull with the rock in the palm of her hand.

I have been bullied more often than not at various points from kindergarten all the way through high school.   More often than not those bullies I have dealt with were far more interested in humiliation and domination of others.  They felt good about what they were doing.  They were proud of what they were doing.  They were more than happy when they got others involved in the bullying process. 

They weren't some misunderstood kids with poor self-esteem and a horrible home life.  They were assholes that had nothing better to do with their pathetic lives than making others lives miserable.   They got off on it.

The backstory of the young man isn't known.   More likely than not he was some kid in school that didn't have many friends and wasn't very popular with the girls.   He definitely had a sense of entitlement and he felt that the world owed him after he got out of school.

The woman with the website is another backstory that isn't known.   She wanted to be  popular and she didn't care how she got that popularity.

I agree, a bullied person does feel fear and loathing among other things.  They don't know how to deal with it, but they have to be the ones that deal with it, it is part of the maturing and self-esteem building process.  I think they should seek advice from their parents before they do anything, but at the end of they day, I believe the bullied person is going to have to be the one that deals with it.  When they become adults they aren't going to have others around to solve their problems for them.

In general, people who have never been bullied don't have the slightest clue what it is like to be bullied.  Even if they witness the act, they don't feel the bullied person's emotions of fear, helplessness, lack of self-worth and other vulnerabilities.   They don't understand the long term ramifications of it, and IMO they don't have the slightest clue how to deal with those that bully.   IMO, it can't be learned from psychology books or online blogs.  I believe real life experiences are the best education. 

At the end of this episode, David was attacked and he didn't instigate anything.  He was just minding his own business walking by a nativity scene.  If David didn't fight back and try to defend himself he would be dead.  He didn't just learn how to defend himself at that moment.

I was bullied a lot, too, mainly in high school. So much that I dropped out, because I was suicidal. I had a strong reaction to seeing pictures of those kids, a decade ago, in a facebook group for a reunion - I'm still friends with a girl who was a good friend to me there, and she ran the group. I also felt angry that I'd ever let little pipsqueaks with permed hair, get to me so much, but it's different being that age, and having to deal with it, versus being an adult who could handle herself much better.

Those girls - most of them didn't have a bad home life. They just enjoyed whatever power they felt, and enjoyed inflicting pain on some of us. They actually beat up a girl, when one of their boyfriends had checked her out. This girl had a reputation, and was punished for the boy's behaviour. I was never physically attacked, they just enjoyed wearing me down mentally and emotionally. 

Just recently, in another group for that school, from various years, one woman spoke up against the attitude given from an admin, only to get all kinds of responses from people that she had bullied - women and a few men. One woman said that her children know all about her, because she told them about how she was bullied - how this girl made her life hell. She also said something about them actually having some kind of support group, when they were younger. With mine, I dropped out, and we moved to California. Anyway, their bully didn't apologize, or act as though she felt bad in any way. She told them to get therapy, and get over it. 

• Love 2
On 1/3/2020 at 6:05 AM, icemiser69 said:

They go after the quiet kid sitting in the back of the room that wouldn't harm a fly.

Ironically, that is more or less the description that Norman Bates's mother gives him in the last line of the movie.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Ironically, that is more or less the description that Norman Bates's mother gives him in the last line of the movie.

That's one fictional character, versus many, many good kids out there. That was one thing that bothered me, with certain things IRL, when people were talking about being kind to, or being careful around, the bullied kids (just in case they go off, and hurt others). Rather than just talking about stopping bullying, or making certain places safer in general, they made it sound like every single bullied kid was a potential mass murderer - like the guy that was manipulated into buying guns, on the show, preparing to murder women he couldn't get a date with. 

• Love 4
On 12/24/2019 at 12:46 AM, HazelEyes4325 said:
On 12/20/2019 at 11:47 AM, Annber03 said:

Also, didn't someone (was it the influencer?) comment on the earrings?  I have a feeling the the earrings will figure into the story further down the line.

I feel like they must have made sure her old earrings were in frame too, because in earlier scenes I noticed them despite the   fact the old ones weren’t, in and of themselves, remarkable; then they gave her the new ones; then Influencer Girl Specifically called them out despite them not being flashy or noticably “special” either. Strange.  

• Love 1