Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07 Last Call

SueB
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This reminded me - how, exactly, did little Eileen hold this fairly big guy up against the wall by the throat? Did I miss something there?

I don't know if there is an explanation, or if they just thought it would look cool.  At least it gave Eileen one good moment in the episode.

I wanted to like having Eileen back, in spite of the fact that I disliked the easy, simplistic, pain-free, no strings attached manner in which she was saved from Hell. But I did not like the way she was written in this episode. She was too cutesy and too much of a "I can be supportive and worry a lot but I am useless in a crisis" female. With the exception of that one moment, all she did was stand around and say things like "Isn't this too dangerous" and "Help him, please" and "Can you save him?" She's a hunter, isn't she? Instead of waiting anxiously by Sam's bedside to tenderly wipe his fevered brow, she should have been researching, looking frantically for a way to help him. Or at the very least badgering Castiel with some hard questions about what he was going to do about the situation.

As for that scene where she comes on to Sam, and he (gasp!) gingerly puts his hand on hers, I was kind of cringing for her. She has made it plain that she is interested in Sam. But when the viewers are equally divided on whether or not Sam was about to kiss her, or about to tell her "It's not you, it's me" -- then I don't think the scene worked. If Sam is interested in a relationship with Eileen, we should definitely be able to tell. Personally I saw no chemistry there; I mean, they don't necessarily need to be pushing each other up against the wall, but Sam was acting like he was Sir Galahad and too pure to touch her.

But if Sam is not interested, he needs to let Eileen KNOW, as soon as possible. (Maybe, for instance, he could have brought it up at some point during the night they spent drinking margaritas together!) Because otherwise it is not fair to her.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

This handwringing over Dean singing is ridiculous. Canon is mixed at best. And it's a small detail not important to the overall arc of the show.

Total agreement. Given the complete lack of respect given to what has come before on this show, why someone would get hung up about Dean’s singing ability is beyond me. Too each his own, I guess. It just seems so minor. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bessie said:

Total agreement. Given the complete lack of respect given to what has come before on this show, why someone would get hung up about Dean’s singing ability is beyond me. Too each his own, I guess. It just seems so minor. 

It's not even about "what came before". When Dean was fucking around, trying to annoy Sammy, or being a drunk, belligerent demon, he sang somewhat off key. But then there's this. He's not belting, but he's singing on key and quite nicely while driving along. So when he's had a couple drinks, is with an old friend who has challenged him, and on a stage in front of people,  why is it so hard to imagine he could sound good? I suspect it's more to do with who is singing, not that he's singing. The argument, in the Dabbernatural era, that it is somehow canon destroying, is disingenuous at best.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's not even about "what came before". When Dean was fucking around, trying to annoy Sammy, or being a drunk, belligerent demon, he sang somewhat off key. But then there's this. He's not belting, but he's singing on key and quite nicely while driving along. So when he's had a couple drinks, is with an old friend who has challenged him, and on a stage in front of people,  why is it so hard to imagine he could sound good? I suspect it's more to do with who is singing, not that he's singing. The argument, in the Dabbernatural era, that it is somehow canon destroying, is disingenuous at best.

This clip should put to rest any and all doubts that Dean can sing well, if and when he wants to.

So there is not even any real breaking of actual in-show canon involved, but like you, I suspect that it's more the bolded part of your post that's prompting some in this fandom to attempt to fuel the tiny fire that's flared up over this part of the episode.

Ah, the SPN " family".

Gotta love 'em, though, right? 🙄

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Bergamot said:

Sam was acting like he was Sir Galahad and too pure to touch her.

But. But. Sam is so good and noble and long-suffering. And he's Chief, so maybe - because he's also a great leader - he's concerned about the potential sexual harrassment implications of starting a relationship with a hunter who, I'm assuming, reports to him?  Because all hunters do now, right? /cynical snarking

I thought Jensen did a nice job with Dean's initial reluctance to get up and sing in front of others. I found it very endearing to see some self-consciousness on Dean's part. ETA - I also liked Lee's encouraging Dean to do it - like he knew what Dean could do and what he needed in that moment. 

And this is a small thing, but I also appreciated that the drunk girl didn't assume her friend had ditched her. Okay, so maybe thinking she'd been raptured wasn't the best explanation, but I liked her loyalty to her friend and that there was a genuine, caring friendship between the two girls.

Edited by bethy
  • Love 12

I love this episode. I mean, I love Dean´s scenes in this episode. Maybe am a bad person, but it makes me happy that this episode pissed off so many (mainly) Sam´s/fake j2 stans. I fail to understand why is “a good singer Dean” such a „scandal“. We all see what Dabb and co. did to/with the show, so if Dean can sing well now ...more power to him. And Lee said: „As long as you feed it, it gives you money, it gives you health, everything you dreamed of.“ Maybe Dean being able to sing was what Lee wanted 😉

Imo, so far there have been only two scenes worthy to remember from this season – the fight in episode four, and Lee and Dean singing together.

Really liked how thrilled CK seemed to be to be on the show.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, bethy said:

I thought Jensen did a nice job with Dean's initial reluctance to get up and sing in front of others. I found it very endearing to see some self-consciousness on Dean's part. 

And this is a small thing, but I also appreciated that the drunk girl didn't assume her friend had ditched her. Okay, so maybe thinking she'd been raptured wasn't the best explanation, but I liked her loyalty to her friend and that there was a genuine, caring friendship between the two girls.

I LOVED! Dean's initial reluctance to sing and also his SOB thrown into the middle of it. That was so great and iconic.

And yes, I also liked that the troubled girl thought her friend had been raptured and her car, too-because "it was a good car..."😄

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I suspect it's more to do with who is singing, not that he's singing.

I can’t read people’s minds, but I know a few who disliked it because it felt like Jensen and not Dean. So, I don’t question that. But, I also don’t begrudge any faction of fandom being pandered to during the last season. At this point, I’m onboard with various groups of fans all being allowed a little pandering. 

Plus, it was a fun and entertaining scene!

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

And yes, I also liked that the troubled girl thought her friend had been raptured and her car, too-because "it was a good car..."😄

That made me LOL. 

• Love 4
On 12/6/2019 at 8:41 AM, Bessie said:

And, really show. John issues? Thought we were done with that. There’s more to Dean than “daddy issues.”  Explore some of that!

IMO, Dean's relationship with John has shaped far more of Dean's life than even losing Mary and IMO the show has only addressed superficially, especially in Lebanon. So I am all for more examination of that on a deeper more meaningful to and about Dean level.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Bergamot said:

As for that scene where she comes on to Sam, and he (gasp!) gingerly puts his hand on hers, I was kind of cringing for her. She has made it plain that she is interested in Sam. But when the viewers are equally divided on whether or not Sam was about to kiss her, or about to tell her "It's not you, it's me" -- then I don't think the scene worked. If Sam is interested in a relationship with Eileen, we should definitely be able to tell. Personally I saw no chemistry there;

I agree. I saw zero chemistry.

Eileen: I need a break from all this reading.

Sam: Any ideas?

Eileen: We could tear each others clothes off and hump like bunnies.

Sam: Ruh-roh.

I barely remember Eileen, I don't know why they brought her back or why she's hanging around the bunker doesn't she have family? I feel the writers are setting her and Sam up as the end game of riding off into the sunset together. Dean on the other hand will get nothing, probably end up dead saving Sam.

It was laughable thinking a 95lb Eileen could be a threat to a 300lb man. I will kill you. Yeah, right. Did you come back from the dead with super strength, or powers or maybe laser eyes that will zap him to death, lol.

What a waist of time spent on this Sam, Eileen, Castiel plot when we know Death, Jack, Michael and maybe Amara are going to play a role in taking down Chuck/God, let see them.

And Castiel needs to give back his Angel pin because he is useless. He shows up out of the blue to probe Sam's hole ;-) for what?

The best part of the episode was Dean in all his Dean glory. And I loved the call back to "Eye of the Tiger" and the Stepford Sherriff was right, he does have the "look." Yeah, baby!

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I can’t read people’s minds, but I know a few who disliked it because it felt like Jensen and not Dean. So, I don’t question that. But, I also don’t begrudge any faction of fandom being pandered to during the last season. At this point, I’m onboard with various groups of fans all being allowed a little pandering. 

Plus, it was a fun and entertaining scene!

This is absolutely not directed at you in any way - just furthering my thoughts here.

The thing with the Jensen/Dean argument is, since literally the beginning of the show - Season 1, Episode 1, music has been no small part of Dean's character. His love of classic rock and, on occasion, cheesy pop alike. He is always singing in the car - singing through the best and worst of times (and as the clip I posted up thread shows, not always poorly). It comforts him - he seeks it out, even as a demon. It is NOT canon that Dean can't sing, regardless of Kripke's script notes a million years ago. Just because Jensen now sings in public in real life doesn't change that. The hand-wringing over canon isn't a strong enough argument on its face. It's just not.

Neither is the 'but Jensen' tack.

• Love 8

I don't really see how it seemed like Jensen singing either. He sounded like Dean singing. He didn't carry himself like Jensen does when he sings. It was Jensen singing in character as Dean, 100%. Maybe some viewers have never actually seen Jensen sing on stage of late because he owns the stage and Dean IMO was not as confident as current Jensen is on stage.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The thing with the Jensen/Dean argument is, since literally the beginning of the show - Season 1, Episode 1, music has been no small part of Dean's character. His love of classic rock and, on occasion, cheesy pop alike. He is always singing in the car - singing through the best and worst of times (and as the clip I posted up thread shows, not always poorly). It comforts him - he seeks it out, even as a demon. It is NOT canon that Dean can't sing, regardless of Kripke's script notes a million years ago. Just because Jensen now sings in public in real life doesn't change that. The hand-wringing over canon isn't a strong enough argument on its face. It's just not.

OTOH, If I were worrying about canon, when *anywhere* in the SPN universe did any of the Winchesters listen to country?  The only other genre I even remember them mentioning was "Someday Soon" by Judy Collins, which was mentioned (once) as Mary's favorite (together with "Hey Jude")  

We know Dean watched/liked Dukes of Hazard (re: his comment about his ideal woman being Daisy Duke) but to say that John thought the theme song was the best song ever?  Huh?  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

We know Dean watched/liked Dukes of Hazard (re: his comment about his ideal woman being Daisy Duke) but to say that John thought the theme song was the best song ever?  Huh?  

Yeah that was a wtf moment. Can't remember if it was here or Twitter I raised eyebrows over that. I'm assuming that was a choice geared to Christian, not Dean (or Jensen) and also to the location (Texas) and theme of the bar. I'm not sure Led Zeppelin would've gone over well with the crowd, lol. 

45 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yeah that was a wtf moment. Can't remember if it was here or Twitter I raised eyebrows over that. I'm assuming that was a choice geared to Christian, not Dean (or Jensen) and also to the location (Texas) and theme of the bar. I'm not sure Led Zeppelin would've gone over well with the crowd, lol. 

I didn't mind the choice of song, or even Dean knowing the words.  My question was bringing John into it. Why? 

Maybe Bob Seger instead.  😊

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Would like to know what were the other two suggestions.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, starfishka said:

Would like to know what were the other two suggestions.

Me too! Maybe somebody will ask him at a con. (Yeah, I know)

24 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I didn't mind the choice of song, or even Dean knowing the words.  My question was bringing John into it. Why? 

Exactly.

• Love 3

I thought it was odd that there was no discussion on this "skeleton" key that can open Death's library.  Is this now a dead issue or will they need to get into Deaths library?  Will that one dude make another attempt at it?  How many more will be able to walk into the bunker?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I thought it was odd that there was no discussion on this "skeleton" key that can open Death's library.  Is this now a dead issue or will they need to get into Deaths library?  Will that one dude make another attempt at it?  How many more will be able to walk into the bunker?

Personally, I think the exposition about this 'key' is the whole reason for the Sam/Castiel portion of the episode. We really didn't learn anything we didn't already know (or guess) about the God!Wound, no forward motion on Sam & Eileen, nothing on Dean and Castiel's falling out. I believe this is going to come in to play in the back half of the season, and this way the short-attention-span-theater fans won't believe they just pulled it out of their asses. It's now 'new canon'.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's not even about "what came before". When Dean was fucking around, trying to annoy Sammy, or being a drunk, belligerent demon, he sang somewhat off key. But then there's this. He's not belting, but he's singing on key and quite nicely while driving along. So when he's had a couple drinks, is with an old friend who has challenged him, and on a stage in front of people,  why is it so hard to imagine he could sound good? I suspect it's more to do with who is singing, not that he's singing. The argument, in the Dabbernatural era, that it is somehow canon destroying, is disingenuous at best.

Maybe because singing also comes from the heart and soul. As a demon, those are severely compromised.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Personally, I think the exposition about this 'key' is the whole reason for the Sam/Castiel portion of the episode. We really didn't learn anything we didn't already know (or guess) about the God!Wound, no forward motion on Sam & Eileen, nothing on Dean and Castiel's falling out. I believe this is going to come in to play in the back half of the season, and this way the short-attention-span-theater fans won't believe they just pulled it out of their asses. It's now 'new canon'.

We did learn something about Sam. It isn't a mere connection. His soul is connected to Chuck, but is being stretched. That is, actually, an interesting concept and is in keeping with what has been said about the resilience of the soul by Death.

• Love 2

I like Sam and Eileen, be they friends or lovers. There is a gentle caring between them that is endearing. Although, I prefer when Sam and Dean hunt together, I appreciated Dean needing to get a handle on his apathy. I found his sensitivity about Sam and Eileen, sweet and his brother's concern for him going off alone, touching.

The hunt didn't feel like a hunt, as Dean didn't actively seek the girl or her friend, the witness. Surrendering his phone and heavily drinking, while obstensively on a case, seemed out of character. I was engaged while he and Lee talked as old friends and hunting buddies from years ago. The country music seemed completely out of place, as both John and Dean are all about classic rock. I remember Dean ripping the device playing country music from the car after his return from Hell, having left Baby with Sam.

It was good to see Dean physically and mentally fight for what he believes in and regain that integrity. Though, I was sorry that the evil was his old friend. Both seemed to accept the inevitable in the end.  Lee knew he died for the good and he paid Dean that homage with his dying words.

I thought the understanding of it not just being a vague mere connection between Sam and Chuck, but his soul being stretched, an interesting concept. I wonder how Sam's soul being connected to Chuck is affecting him?

Then, I am reminded that Chuck is the villain and it all falls apart for me, again.

• Love 1

Maybe we didnt know the stretchy detail about the God Wound,  but it's been pretty obvious there was a connection with the visions/dreams and all. I just didnt find any of it interesting or revelatory.  Regardless though, I'm still sure the purpose of Sergei in this episode was to introduce this mysterious key into canon. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
Autocorrect is weird
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe we didnt know the stretchy detail about the God Wound,  but it's been pretty obvious there was a connection with the visions/dreams and all. I just didnt find any of it interesting or revelatory.  Regardless though, I'm still sure the purpose of Sergei in this episode was to introduce this mysterious key into canon. 

Yes. However, it is a soul connection. The soul is extremely powerful in its own right. Additionally, Chuck doesn't have a soul and is now connected to one. I think that is interesting. Hopefully, this will have a positive affect on Chuck, before Sam is stretched too thin, or whatever the ramifications may be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Death also said that the soul couldn't be split into pieces, but here were are with the soul being able to be split into pieces.

Canon really means nothing anymore.  Each writers just does what he/she wants.

The revelations did nothing for me because, I feel like its stuff we already knew and stuff Sam and Dean should have been able to figure out. 

Is Cas going to come clean about the consequences about Sam stretching his soul to connect to God.  Somehow I doubt it. 

Also who really cares about Death's library.  Last season demonstrated the books in there are worthless.  And can change because Dabb God feels like it should. 

This is why the Sam/Eileen/Cas stuff was boring and fast forward fodder.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Death also said that the soul couldn't be split into pieces, but here were are with the soul being able to be split into pieces.

Canon really means nothing anymore.  Each writers just does what he/she wants.

The revelations did nothing for me because, I feel like its stuff we already knew and stuff Sam and Dean should have been able to figure out. 

Is Cas going to come clean about the consequences about Sam stretching his soul to connect to God.  Somehow I doubt it. 

Also who really cares about Death's library.  Last season demonstrated the books in there are worthless.  And can change because Dabb God feels like it should. 

This is why the Sam/Eileen/Cas stuff was boring and fast forward fodder.

The soul isn't being split into pieces. It is being stretched. Sorry, you remain bored. This is not a good way to end 15 years. The retcon of Chuck was absurd, in my opinion, and has left the story disjointed and empty. It is what it is. So, a drop of something interesting is a good thing.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Shannonsspirit said:

The soul isn't being split into pieces. It is being stretched. Sorry, you remain bored. This is not a good way to end 15 years. The retcon of Chuck was absurd, in my opinion, and has left the story disjointed and empty. It is what it is. So, a drop of something interesting is a good thing.

It is being split.  A piece of Sam's soul is in God.  According to death its an all or nothing thing,  That's why Death had to use the wall.  But that has been retconned many times over. 

Since God has a connection to Sam, shouldn't he be able to spy on what Sam and Dean are doing?  Sam, technically shouldn't be allowed in on planning sessions because it would give their whole strategy away. 

I'm not even sure why someone would want the death books.  What power or advantage could they give someone when they can change every five minutes.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I'm not even sure why someone would want the death books.  What power or advantage could they give someone when they can change every five minutes

Well, they changed for Dean. Rowena/Sam's destiny was fulfilled. 😕

9 minutes ago, Shannonsspirit said:

The retcon of Chuck was absurd, in my opinion, and has left the story disjointed and empty. It is what it is. So, a drop of something interesting is a good thing.

It could be, except all they have to do is have Chuck write himself a solution to the God wound. And there's no merit in saying he can't because he's weakened by it, because they do and undo things at will. There can be no investing in anything any more because there is no basic tenet. No givens. No canon. No rules. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

It is being split.  A piece of Sam's soul is in God.  According to death its an all or nothing thing,  That's why Death had to use the wall.  But that has been retconned many times over. 

Since God has a connection to Sam, shouldn't he be able to spy on what Sam and Dean are doing?  Sam, technically shouldn't be allowed in on planning sessions because it would give their whole strategy away. 

I'm not even sure why someone would want the death books.  What power or advantage could they give someone when they can change every five minutes.

Currently, the soul is being stretched like a rubberband. Where it leads I don't know. That the connection went from generic to specifically about the soul is enlightening.

Retcon, altered lore, uprooted canon, undermining, undoing every interesting theme is the hallmark of this season. I watch with a grain of salt and don't even care how it ends and find little to speculate about, because it doesn't matter, anyway. It will change as it suits them, contrived and convenient. 

The years before are the legacy. This is the mockery.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Well, they changed for Dean. Rowena/Sam's destiny was fulfilled. 😕

It could be, except all they have to do is have Chuck write himself a solution to the God wound. And there's no merit in saying he can't because he's weakened by it, because they do and undo things at will. There can be no investing in anything any more because there is no basic tenet. No givens. No canon. No rules. 

Lol. Well, yes. I am now passing the time watching, a habit after all these years. I used to engage. I have experienced a heightened enjoyment of previous season episodes. That is good.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Crap. They've gone and made Sam into Harry Potter. sigh.

Also, now whenever they mention "a key" I have horrid French Mistake flashbacks that cause me PTSD because that bit was SO AWFUL and went on for SO LONG. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Shannonsspirit said:

. I remember Dean ripping the device playing country music from the car after his return from Hell, having left Baby with Sam.

It was actually Jason Manns singing who's a folk singer, not a country singer. He's also a friend of Jensen's so it was probably an inside joke. 😊

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, Res said:

Also, now whenever they mention "a key" I have horrid French Mistake flashbacks that cause me PTSD because that bit was SO AWFUL and went on for SO LONG.

Same. Except for me it’s an amazing French Mistake flashback because that is legit one of my favorite scenes in the series.

Sam: If there’s a key…then there must also be a lock. And when we find the lock we can get…the weapons. And we can have the weapons…and the lock will also have a lock, I imagine, because we open it and of course the initial key that - 

Dean *in deep, gruff voice*: We need to get all three of that crap.

Sam, startled: What?

Dean: That’s how he does it.

Sam: Oh.

image.jpeg.c567fe6411c8772d98f590d15d157c6e.jpeg

Edited by bethy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Shannonsspirit said:

The soul isn't being split into pieces. It is being stretched.

The part about Sam's soul being stretched like a rubber band was because of what Castiel did, according to what Sergei said. Sergei made it worse, in order to blackmail them, and then in the end he fixed it. If it were still being stretched out, Sam would still be dying and in a coma, but he is back, at least for now.

Again according to Sergei, the connection is the "wound" itself, which reaches down into Sam's soul at one end and is connected at the other end to Chuck. I don't know if they had specifically mentioned the connection to Sam's soul before, but I had just assumed that if there was a connection, which we already knew, it had to be to the soul. I mean, where else would the connection be? To Sam's spleen? So I tend to agree with those who say that there were no great revelations in this one, except that they learned what we already knew about Chuck being weakened by the wound.

Spoiler

And if I remember correctly, didn't Dabb or someone say something about how Chuck was going to be getting his strength back before long?

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Well, they changed for Dean. Rowena/Sam's destiny was fulfilled.

I think you are right, gonzosgirrl, about the most important part of the episode being the mention of the key to Death's library.  I have a feeling Death's books are going to be crucial in some way.  Because after all, they are the All-Powerful Books of Prophecy and Destiny.

Unless, of course, they are about Dean. Then they really don't matter.

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Do witches and monsters have death books?

I don't know, but does anyone want to bet there will be one for Jack?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, bethy said:

Same. Except for me it’s an amazing French Mistake flashback because that is legit one of my favorite scenes in the series.

Sam: If there’s a key…then there must also be a lock. And when we find the lock we can get…the weapons. And we can have the weapons…and the lock will also have a lock, I imagine, because we open it and of course the initial key that - 

Dean *in deep, gruff voice*: We need to get all three of that crap.

Sam, startled: What?

Dean: That’s how he does it.

Sam: Oh.

image.jpeg.c567fe6411c8772d98f590d15d157c6e.jpeg

An atrocity is what is happening! Over and over and over and . . . *wink*

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I just figured it was Sam's psychic capabilities that allowed him to Csee Chuck's mind etc. IMO it's kind of stupid that it's a soul thing at all. Other than possibly setting up Sam going darkside again because soul reasons.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

There is a way to incorporate this into the story.   If those books contain everyone stories it makes the person and their moves somewhat predictable.   Dean's always been the biggest believer in free will.  He's usually the one ripping up the play book and going his own way.  This should make him a person of interest to God because he's the wild card you can't control.  

The fact that his books can't be written would be in interesting plot point if the writers were interested in pursing it.

I was also thinking, if death is Dean's outcome was the point of this ep to check off an item on Dean's bucketlist?

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

The part about Sam's soul being stretched like a rubber band was because of what Castiel did, according to what Sergei said. Sergei made it worse, in order to blackmail them, and then in the end he fixed it. If it were still being stretched out, Sam would still be dying and in a coma, but he is back, at least for now.

Again according to Sergei, the connection is the "wound" itself, which reaches down into Sam's soul at one end and is connected at the other end to Chuck. I don't know if they had specifically mentioned the connection to Sam's soul before, but I had just assumed that if there was a connection, which we already knew, it had to be to the soul. I mean, where else would the connection be? To Sam's spleen? So I tend to agree with those who say that there were no great revelations in this one, except that they learned what we already knew about Chuck being weakened by the wound.

Hide contents

And if I remember correctly, didn't Dabb or someone say something about how Chuck was going to be getting his strength back before long?

I think you are right, gonzosgirrl, about the most important part of the episode being the mention of the key to Death's library.  I have a feeling Death's books are going to be crucial in some way.  Because after all, they are the All-Powerful Books of Prophecy and Destiny.

I don't know, but does anyone want to bet there will be one for Jack?

25 minutes ago, Res said:

An atrocity is what is happening! Over and over and over and . . . *wink*

20 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Legit lol'd. OMG. Better the spleen than the colon, I suppose. 

It's comments like these that keep me coming back to this site.

Thank you all.😄🥰

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

It was actually Jason Manns singing who's a folk singer, not a country singer. He's also a friend of Jensen's so it was probably an inside joke. 😊

On the DVD it is a country song...lyric, "you're the only one for me" sung by a woman. What I am used to rewatching.I honestly don't remember what it was when it aired so long ago. Only that it wasn't classic rock and Dean tossed it.

9 minutes ago, Shannonsspirit said:

Only that it wasn't classic rock and Dean tossed it.

It was never said that it was because it was presumed to be country; it could have been because he thought that Sam's music taste sucked or that he had an Ipod dock in his car. Since we've seen Dean rocking out to Taylor Swift *gag* and quoting Bob Marley ( though probably for comic relief ) it's safe to say that he's open to genres outside of classic rock.

Edited by DeeDee79
30 minutes ago, Shannonsspirit said:

On the DVD it is a country song...lyric, "you're the only one for me" sung by a woman. What I am used to rewatching.I honestly don't remember what it was when it aired so long ago. Only that it wasn't classic rock and Dean tossed it.

Actually, it's called Visions and was sung by Jason Manns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbtQW7tPmOQ 

And Dean complained about "douching up" the Impala with an iPod jack, not about the music itself.

• Love 3