Type keyword(s) to search

Media for The Staircase

• Start Topic

Harrison Ford will make his series-regular TV debut as star of The Staircase, a drama series from Annapurna TV based on the 2004 documentary series that Netflix began streaming last year. A source has confirmed to Deadline that Ford is attached to the project. Annapurna declined to comment.

The original docuseries focused on Michael Peterson, the author who was accused of murdering his wife in 2001. He claimed that she had fallen down the stairs in their home, but police investigated her death as a homicide and named him as their lead suspect.

The project is being shopped, and we hear there already are a few offers.

From Deadline

On 7/3/2021 at 1:39 PM, saoirse said:

Well, they swapped out Harrison Ford with Colin Firth. I'm okay with that. :)

I love me some Colin Firth . . . but is he a good enough actor to portray an unattractive weasel (who was a good enough actor to hide the fact that that's what he was)?

• Love 1

Leigh Janiak To Direct Two Episodes Of HBO Max’s True-Crime Series ‘The Staircase’

Leigh Janiak (Fear Street) is attached to direct two episodes of The Staircase, HBO Max’s limited series adaptation based on the true-crime docuseries.

The eight-episode drama from Christine director Antonio Campos and American Crime Story writer Maggie Cohn explores the life of Michael Peterson (Colin Firth), his sprawling North Carolina family and the suspicious death of his wife, Kathleen (Toni Collette). Campos is directing six of the eight episodes.

The series is based on the docuseries and various books and reports on the case of Michael Peterson, who was convicted in 2003 of murdering Kathleen two years earlier. The charge was reduced to manslaughter in 2017, and Peterson subsequently was released from prison. He had claimed his wife died after falling down the stairs at their home after consuming alcohol and Valium, but an autopsy concluded she died from multiple injuries, including blows to the back of her head with a blunt object.

Wasn't sure where to put this, so I put it here.

Just out of curiosity, I looked at Amazon to see about the two books he wrote about Kathleen's death, the trial, his time in prison, etc.  Please be assured - this pathological liar assures us that ALL PROCEEDS OF THE BOOKS ABOUT THE STAIRCASE WILL GO TO CHARITY.  (LOL)

Here's the blurb (which he wrote) that tells you about Michael Peterson's life and career:

Michael Peterson
International Best Selling Writer

Books written: 8

Father of 4 and grandfather of 2

USMC Retired

I began my love for writing in high school, and while attending Duke University, I was the Editor of the Chronicle, the university paper.

I briefly attended law school at University of North Carolina, before going to work for the US government in Washington and Vietnam.

Shortly, thereafter, I joined the Marines and served with honor for 4 years, until I was retired for medical disabilities. I served one tour of duty in Vietnam, most spent on the DMZ, at Oceanview Firebase, the most northern US position of the war. During this time, I was awarded the Silver and Bronze stars.

Following my medical discharge from the Marines, I then began my career in writing.

Oops.  He forgot to mention that he was a lying, conniving convicted murderer.

• Love 2