Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Cut From a Different Cloth

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I HATED the horse riding in the ocean. Those horses looked strained and scared. One of their heads kept almost getting submerged. I was scared for them. 

I am not here for the dolphin BS either. I support sanctuaries, conservation areas, even some zoos that have really strong conservation and educational departments. But I'm so sick of people using animals as entertainment. I really don't want to watch that part next week.

We should let Bravo know how we feel about the animal cruelty.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

What I'm getting from Dolores is old-school Caroline "I don't like you until I like you" vibes.

Isn't Dolores actually a friend of Caroline's?  I could swear she made appearances on the show early on in that regard.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ichbin said:

Isn't Dolores actually a friend of Caroline's?  I could swear she made appearances on the show early on in that regard.

Yes, 100% she is and did make appearances earlier in the show. 

Unrelated, I want to see more of Evan. I need him to shave that beard though, it's too much. He seems like a good husband and father though and so far has not displayed any disgusting behavior thus far. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. I don't think it has anything to do with Jackie being Jewish. 

I think Dolores just doesn't like her.

Yup.  That's how I see it too.  I grew up in an area that was predominantly Italian-American.  Many (most) people I knew were very clannish, lots of traditions, very family oriented.  Generous and hospitable, particularly when entertaining. If you were lucky enough to be considered a true friend you were treated like family regardless of your background (speaking from experience here as a non-Italian-American person). Most of the people I knew back then were very reverential about their parents. Compare the way Dolores and Theresa are with their families in contrast with what we've seen of Jackie.  It's very cultural.  Hell, outwardly I have more in common with Jackie and I don't like her either based upon what I've seen of her on this show. She comes off too thirsty and desperate to remain a "Real Housewife" for my taste and I can't shake the vibe that she considers herself better than the others.  In my opinion I very much doubt she would have anything to do with any of her castmates if not for the heretofore mentioned appearance of really wanting to be part of the franchise.  Jewish, Gentile, whatever, I find her fucking annoying and I can understand why anyone else would too.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Dolores almost sounded a little anti semitic with her "cut from a different cloth" and Jackie was brought up "differently from the rest of us"...I dunno,  but from where I sit, it did have that ring to it.

I don't think it has anything to do with Jackie being Jewish.  I think, Jackie is too "American" for Dolores' taste, as opposed to being raised "Old School Italian".  Jennifer is ok with her (imo) because she holds on to her ethnic traditions (Old School Turkish), which are similar to what Dolores is used to. Jackie is just too different.

Plus Teresa hates her, and that's, probably, a good enough reason, for Dolores.

• Love 11

I'm confused about the accusation Jackie doesn't know anything about family. She's close with her parents and adores her mentally disabled brother. She's been married for a long time to the same man and has children. How is she not "family oriented" according to Delores (divorced) and Tre (horrible marriage and estrangement from her brother for years because she hated his wife)?

• Love 17
2 hours ago, ichbin said:

Yup.  That's how I see it too.  I grew up in an area that was predominantly Italian-American.  Many (most) people I knew were very clannish, lots of traditions, very family oriented.  Generous and hospitable, particularly when entertaining. If you were lucky enough to be considered a true friend you were treated like family regardless of your background (speaking from experience here as a non-Italian-American person). Most of the people I knew back then were very reverential about their parents. Compare the way Dolores and Theresa are with their families in contrast with what we've seen of Jackie.  It's very cultural.  Hell, outwardly I have more in common with Jackie and I don't like her either based upon what I've seen of her on this show. She comes off too thirsty and desperate to remain a "Real Housewife" for my taste and I can't shake the vibe that she considers herself better than the others.  In my opinion I very much doubt she would have anything to do with any of her castmates if not for the heretofore mentioned appearance of really wanting to be part of the franchise.  Jewish, Gentile, whatever, I find her fucking annoying and I can understand why anyone else would too.

You don't like her because you think she is thirsty, desperate, and thinks she is better than anybody else.  Those are stated reasons. 

It has nothing to do with what you said before about the different upbringing.  It is not because she is "different."  There's a distinction there.  

I could be wrong.  Maybe Dolores was caught off guard.  Maybe she couldn't articulate her reasons, which would surprise me.  I don't like Dolores I find her dull and I'm not sure why she is on the show, but I've always found her able to speak thoughtfully, even in anger.  This was just bizarre and the only thing that stood out to me.  

I'm not even sure if she realizes what she was, and was not, saying.  I'm not sure I would accuse her outright anti-semitism but more of deep rooted prejudices that she might not even be aware of.  But at the core, I think that is the reason.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

You don't like her because you think she is thirsty, desperate, and thinks she is better than anybody else.  Those are stated reasons. 

It has nothing to do with what you said before about the different upbringing.  It is not because she is "different."  There's a distinction there.  

You are correct.  There is a disitinction which I perhaps did not make clear. The different upbringing was to offer support for what Dolores had said because so many posters were already jumping on the anti-semitic train.  I was simply presenting another point of view based upon my experiences. The thirsty, desperate, better than part is the way I perceive Jackie on this show, and the reasons why I personally dislike her.  Bottom line, there are other reasons to dislike her that do not border on anti-semitism.  Sometimes people actually say exactly what they mean without there being any subtext. 

• Love 4

I actually kind of liked Jennifer this episode. When it was Marge, Jackie, and her, she seemed genuine and concerned. I’m still trying to figure what makes her think a roast among that group is a good idea.

After not caring for Delores since she first came on the show, I was beginning to like her. After tonight, forget her. Was she really a prison guard?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I don't think it has anything to do with Jackie being Jewish.  I think, Jackie is too "American" for Dolores' taste, as opposed to being raised "Old School Italian".  Jennifer is ok with her (imo) because she holds on to her ethnic traditions (Old School Turkish), which are similar to what Dolores is used to. Jackie is just too different.

Plus Teresa hates her, and that's, probably, a good enough reason, for Dolores.

There’s nothing “old school” about these women. They may have been raised by hard working blue collar parents or, in Jennifer’s case, immigrants who were adjusting to a new country and language, but they have become bourgeois blowhards who wear Chanel earrings to go horseback riding and spend a lot of $$$ on boob jobs, face lifts, vagina rejuvenation, hair extensions and other self “improvement” projects. A far cry from the what their parents were/are. Just a bunch of vacuous spendthrifts...all of them.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, ichbin said:

I don’t know if she is or isn’t but to me, those are buzzwords that one could interpret as maybe being the veiled language of someone who could be bigoted. Not too long ago those kind of statements that Dolores used were made against Italians...just sayin. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Jennifer is growing on me this season.  She is skinny & sassier than ever! She did good on WWHL. 

I just caught this, and to quote Alicia Keyes, that girl is on fire!!  Anyone who will serve it to Bethenny Frankel is good with me, and I don't care that I'm a party of one, but I think Jennifer is rather articulate, quick and funny, and she's in on the joke, and she's Housewives gold.  I was posting that last season too.  I really like her.  I'll see myself out...

2 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

I'm not even sure if she realizes what she was, and was not, saying.  I'm not sure I would accuse her outright anti-semitism but more of deep rooted prejudices that she might not even be aware of.  But at the core, I think that is the reason.

This is exactly where I am with the issue.  I would never say AS about this situation; there was just a suggestion in the air that someone was uneasy with someone else, and that religion, or as I'll argue below, the lifestyle that is borne of living certain type of religious/ethnic lifestyle, might be one of a few reasons for Dolores's discomfort.

I just want to point out before writing this that my grandmother was Jewish, so by no means would I want to overgeneralize about the Jewish religion, which is dear to my loved ones.  I just have observed some nuances growing up in a heavily Jewish environment, which might shed light on the issue:

Judaism isn't always always treated by everyone as just a religion the way perhaps Christianity is.  Some people use it as their ethnic identity (I don't agree with that, but whether I agree doesn't change the facts).  For instance, growing up on Long Island, my mom's co-workers asked her if she was Jewish or Italian.  So, just like there are different types of Italians (Caroline vs. Teresa), there are different types of Jewish people.  And I think it's Jackie's more new school form of Judaism that Dolores rejects, if she rejects it (there's not a lot of evidence that she even does reject it, but if she does...)

The thing with Siggy was that she was pretty religious, but she was very old school in her mannerisms and speech.  It was all about groups and unity and keeping the peace (until Siggy went nuts).  Siggy grew up with foreign parents with whom she was close..  Her dad was Belgian before he was Israeli, so she had that old world feel to her, for lack of a better term, that resonated heavily with Dolores.

Jackie's Judaism manifests in a different way.  This might not make sense to people from other parts of the country or other walks of life, but Jackie reminds me of some of the girls on the North Shore of Long Island.  She's educated, she is affluent, she is looks-conscious, and she enjoys intellectual pursuits, like writing and having deep discussions (pretty much everything Dolores is not; I mean, she's into her looks, but not like Jackie is).

I'm not sure Dolores is sure what she's rejecting--I bet we've all put more thought into it than she has--but I did think it was worth pointing out.

One last coincidence--and I'll leave it here--the weird stuff Gia was spouting in season two fell in line with the type of Jewish Jackie is.  Gia, if I recall, said she didn't want to marry a Jewish man because of the curls, but that her mom wanted her to marry a Jewish man, and Joe said that Teresa needed to see a psychiatrist for even thinking about marriage this early in the game.  Teresa swooped in to do damage control and said that she said she wanted Gia to marry a Jewish man because they bow down to their women (and then she pantomimed bowing in a talking head).  The stereotype to which Teresa is referring tends to lend itself toward an American Jewish man, and not a foreign one, in my humble experience.  Siggy's husband, Michael Campanella, isn't even Jewish, so it's just another distinction between Siggy and Jackie.

I'm writing all of this to justify my suspicion, because I almost always give people the benefit of the doubt and only go to "she is anti-trans/she is racist/she is sexist/she is bigoted" when all other options have been thoroughly exhausted.  This interaction, however, resonated with me even while I was watching the show, before anyone posted anything, and I wanted to be able to back up my suspicion, because even a suspicion of uneasiness around a religious group is kind of an intense thing to say.  

@BrindaWalsh, do you mind if I ask if you're a lawyer?  You make your points in an organized and deductive way that made me start to suspect that.

• Love 5

Joe is so gross. So is Margaret’s Joe too. I’m sure he can go 3 times a day. Blech with those two. Anyone who has to brag that much about how much sex they are having is probably lying lol.

Who cares if Jackie was raised differently. Dolores is kind of being mean to her too. It’s. Kind of making me feel bad for Jackie. I don’t get where it’s all coming from with Dolores tho. I get not liking someone but she seems so angry about it. Is she just trying to suck up to her new boss Teresa lol.

Glad Jennifer said she felt bad for Jackie. Made me almost like her a bit lol.

• Love 6

@LibertarianSlut No.  I'm in PR.  We do represent a law firm though, does that count?  

Something about the dinner exchange just really bothered me, especially when Jackie leaned in and simply asked how and why she was different and Dolores just got even more bitchy.  You could literally see how deeply that had cut.  

I agree about Jennifer.  She is real housewives gold.  

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Something about the dinner exchange just really bothered me, especially when Jackie leaned in and simply asked how and why she was different and Dolores just got even more bitchy.  You could literally see how deeply that had cu

For me it was when Dolores said we have all said it. I realize we are at the mercy of Bravo editing but none of them appeared to agree with Dolores’s examples. Teresa hates her for the Joe comment which I still don’t really understand because it was basically giving Teresa an out by saying she didn’t know what the shit he was up to and that’s why they both went to prison. I mean it’s basically Teresa’s entire legal argument summed up easily that she had no control over Joe’s actions and went to prison even though she was an innocent bystander but even she didn’t sign on to Dolores’s statements.  Melissa pushed back and Jennifer didn’t really participate in that convo of “old school,” “cut from the same cloth,” etc. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Teresa hates her for the Joe comment which I still don’t really understand because it was basically giving Teresa an out by saying she didn’t know what the shit he was up to and that’s why they both went to prison.

If I remember it correctly, Theresa was telling Melissa that she should control her husband (Joe Gorga).  Jackie jumped in to defend (side with/suck-up to?) Melissa and at that point asked Theresa about her husband (Joe Giudice). Theresa didn't think Jackie should have gotten involved in the conversation and Jackie said that Theresa discussing it at the table in front of the others made it open for any of them to chime in.  Right or wrong, Theresa (I think) saw it as a personal attack by someone who had no business getting involved and who was also defending Melissa against her.  Jackie wasn't simply asking a question or looking for insight to understand Theresa's situation. Jackie involved herself in the sisters-in-law shtick a bit early in the game for whatever purpose and Theresa is a grudge holder.

Oh, yeah, and they all need storylines to be relevant within the show.

Edited by ichbin
last sentence
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I think disease is a concern, but from what I understand, the dolphins are often kept contained in a way that is unnatural to them and doesn't allow them to swim the number of miles per day (other than in circles or laps) that is natural to them. Lots of tourists, and even so-called animal advocates, are confused (I guess that's the best word?) about this because dolphins' attitudes are generally so friendly and welcoming and accommodating to humans that I suppose consumers assume that the dolphins like being part of this whole thing? Anyway, I am not going to say that the animals are full-on abused in the same sense that others are in tourist attractions because I just don't know--and it seems like the people who work at these places probably do care about them and know how to care for them. But the habitat/environment is not fair to them.

I think there may be "swim with dolphins" events that are not contained--and, as such, not guaranteed--where you go out to where dolphins could be and jump in (maybe they're called "possibly swim with dolphins" attractions?). But these events also have their issues.

I get the attraction of doing such a thing and just wanting to be near an animal. I really do and I believe that, if I were vacationing somewhere that had this, I may have a small inner battle about it. But ultimately I am not for anything that puts an animal in discomfort, much less danger. 

I have done the dolphin swim in Cozumel, Mexico.  It was an amazing experience flavored with tons of guilt afterwards.  It was the one excursion I was excited to do for months before we went on the cruise and I let that excitement cloud my selfishness towards the dolphins. 

I'm not a dolphin whisperer, but I walked away deciding they dont enjoy it.  My feeling is that their attitude is:  "Oh joy.  I get to push ANOTHER fat tourist around for some janky herring.  In a habitat the size of a bathtub for my species. Humans are assholes."

• Love 7

I really do see how that clouding can happen, man! Who wouldn't want to do it? But info that you didn't have before becomes available--in your case, the actual experience--and you live and learn. And ,OK, you can't undo it now, but there are some little positives here: you did get to do something that you wanted to do AND you now have the firsthand experience to actually legit explain to other people why it may not be worth it, while the rest of us may come across as talking out our asses because we haven't actually done it. 

Also, it's nice to hear from someone who has done it and is not defensively doubling down on that decision (my sister likes to portray herself as an animal advocate--and I am not saying she is flat-out not--but she doesn't really do more than say the words; if you ask why she swam with dolphins or continues to eat meat, she gets very defensive). 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ichbin said:

If I remember it correctly, Theresa was telling Melissa that she should control her husband (Joe Gorga).  Jackie jumped in to defend (side with/suck-up to?) Melissa and at that point asked Theresa about her husband (Joe Giudice). Theresa didn't think Jackie should have gotten involved in the conversation and Jackie said that Theresa discussing it at the table in front of the others made it open for any of them to chime in.  Right or wrong, Theresa (I think) saw it as a personal attack by someone who had no business getting involved and who was also defending Melissa against her.  Jackie wasn't simply asking a question or looking for insight to understand Theresa's situation. Jackie involved herself in the sisters-in-law shtick a bit early in the game for whatever purpose and Theresa is a grudge holder.

Oh, yeah, and they all need storylines to be relevant within the show.

Tre didn’t seem to mind her own suck up Dolores speaking on how Melissa should control Joe Gorga. If she wanted “outsiders” to stay out of family business, she should’ve kept her mouth shut at the dinner table. She’s just mad that Jackie ruined her attempt to gang up on Mel. It blew up in her face and now she’s in her feelings because it never dawned on her to clean her own backyard before employing that stupid line of attack.

Oh well.

• Love 15
On 12/4/2019 at 8:54 PM, nexxie said:

Delores and Teresa somehow got the idea that they’re all that when they’re just a couple of assholes.

I don’t think either of them are the brightest bulb on the tree, if you catch my drift. Lol. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, brillia79 said:

Tre didn’t seem to mind her own suck up Dolores speaking on how Melissa should control Joe Gorga. If she wanted “outsiders” to stay out of family business, she should’ve kept her mouth shut at the dinner table. She’s just mad that Jackie ruined her attempt to gang up on Mel. It blew up in her face and now she’s in her feelings because it never dawned on her to clean her own backyard before employing that stupid line of attack.

If I remember correctly, the justification for Dolores getting involved was that they have known each other forever and she is therefore considered fambily and can comment on such matters. The real issue here is there is a special set of rules where Teresa is concerned. She can find a way to justify any behavior that benefits her. 

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

If I remember correctly, the justification for Dolores getting involved was that they have known each other forever and she is therefore considered fambily and can comment on such matters. The real issue here is there is a special set of rules where Teresa is concerned. She can find a way to justify any behavior that benefits her. 

Yep. And what does “family” even mean to Teresa since at any given moment, she’s not speaking to half of hers? Or when she refers to her Brother’s wife and mother of his children as a “Gorga by marriage,” not a real Gorga.

Dolores need not think she’s irreplaceable to Teresa.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, amarante said:

I believe that Delores also said that Jackie had been raised with a "liberal" background. I have no idea what the hell she meant by that. 

I think she may have meant "lenient"? 

I get the impression that the schools in Patterson, NJ aren't well ((TM) Leah, Teen Mom 2)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 12/5/2019 at 4:41 PM, ichbin said:

Yes, she’s a good friend of the Manzos—Caroline and Dina for sure. 

4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I think she may have meant "lenient"? 

I get the impression that the schools in Patterson, NJ aren't well ((TM) Leah, Teen Mom 2)

Ahhh ok that makes sense, or at least more sense than the way I originally interpreted it (as in, the opposite of conservatism). 

At the same time, it makes NO sense as a reason to not like somebody.  Wasn’t the other thing she supposedly had against her was that Jackie’s parents raised her to be independent... or an independent thinker? Heaven forbid! 🙄

• Love 4

So can we talk about the guys and their "we have sex 100x a day, every day!" schtick?

My friends and I are all in our 40s.  We have kids ranging from elementary aged all the way up to high school.  Some of us work full time, some of us stay home, but all of us work hard and lead busy lives.  Our husbands all work hard - at the point in their careers when the big management jumps are happening. 

And NONE of us are having sex every day, let alone multiple times a day.  At the end of the day we are tired, we sometimes want to read, watch a movie or relax.  I'd say the sex frequency is probably a couple of times a week to a couple of times a month.  And none of us feel unfulfilled or like there is something missing in the marriage.  

So I find it amazing that these bravo shows find so many people who boink like rabbits all day, every day.

Or they are overcompensating for other.....inadequacies.

JoeyG I'm looking at you.  

I'm just saying.  I think he doth insist too much.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

Delores is a simpleton. She dislikes Jackie because she broke the unspoken rule of not saying the “ P” word ( prison). She is also loyal to a fault towards Teresa.  Wonder how Delores would feel if someone treated her daughter that way ?! 

• Love 5
On 12/6/2019 at 2:56 PM, brillia79 said:

Or when she refers to her Brother’s wife and mother of his children as a “Gorga by marriage,” not a real Gorga.

Am I making this up or did she actually say "Gorga by injection?" I thought she is but I kind of have a gutter brain and though I remember it being said i'm not 100% sure it was on this show. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Am I making this up or did she actually say "Gorga by injection?" I thought she is but I kind of have a gutter brain and though I remember it being said i'm not 100% sure it was on this show. 

I don’t think Theresa could correctly use “injection” in a sentence so probably not! 

• LOL 9
On 12/4/2019 at 8:54 PM, ghoulina said:

Bill Aydin is one awkward motherfucker. 

FOR SURE!

For anyone who listens to Watch What Crappens - they do the BEST impression of him, squealing, "ooOOHHHhhhh!" 

For anyone who doesn't listen to WWC - start listening!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 4

Or when she refers to her Brother’s wife and mother of his children as a “Gorga by marriage,” not a real Gorga.

Like this?

tHH2uMoL_XK8Dppz7jiTIOPG6_jLiyZVKEsqogvw

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, esco1822 said:

7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t think Theresa could correctly use “injection” in a sentence so probably not! 

She definitely did say “Gorga by injection”- I believe it was at the now defunct Gorga restaurant. So gross.

6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

FOR SURE!

For anyone who listens to Watch What Crappens - they do the BEST impression of him, squealing, "ooOOHHHhhhh!" 

I laugh out loud every time!

• Love 3
On 12/6/2019 at 9:07 AM, dosodog said:

I have done the dolphin swim in Cozumel, Mexico.  It was an amazing experience flavored with tons of guilt afterwards.  It was the one excursion I was excited to do for months before we went on the cruise and I let that excitement cloud my selfishness towards the dolphins. 

I'm not a dolphin whisperer, but I walked away deciding they dont enjoy it.  My feeling is that their attitude is:  "Oh joy.  I get to push ANOTHER fat tourist around for some janky herring.  In a habitat the size of a bathtub for my species. Humans are assholes."

This shit should be outlawed. So disgusting what we do to animals for our enjoyment/monetary gain.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

FOR SURE!

I would listen to it if it was just Ronnie.  Ben, while a master at voices, seems way too timid and PC about HW culture, and it gets on my nerves.  He treats them like people!  

I enjoy this board more than their show, because we "go there" without hesitation, and I think my fellow posters are more insightful.  I feel like Ronnie would be capable of this if Ben wasn't apologizing all the time.

They are really funny though!

• Love 1
On 12/10/2019 at 12:40 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

She definitely did say “Gorga by injection”- I believe it was at the now defunct Gorga restaurant. So gross.

She would’ve been threatening to kill someone if they said the same about her mother, also a Gorga “by injection.”

And what kind of creep references “injection” while talking to her brother and father?

• Love 4

Some questions: 

Why was Frank at the Husbands' Night?

Has Teresa always sounded this much like Fran Drescher, or has it become more pronounced over time?

How has Melissa emerged as one of the more likable HWs?  I'm not sure I'm emotionally okay with that...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ladle said:

Some questions: 

Why was Frank at the Husbands' Night?

Has Teresa always sounded this much like Fran Drescher, or has it become more pronounced over time?

How has Melissa emerged as one of the more likable HWs?  I'm not sure I'm emotionally okay with that...

Melissa has become much more measured and "polished". I kind of miss the spoiled and gaudy "Thank you JEEZUS!" and "we pay our bills!" Melissa of season 3.  I didn't necessarily like her, but she was a better reality show character than boring Melissa.  When Caroline left, Melissa somehow started to morph into the moral center of the show. It's odd. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/5/2019 at 4:41 AM, brillia79 said:

Ehh. That doesn’t carry too much weight with me. Lots of racists use a “black friend” to wipe away their sins. Siggy could be the same exception. Plus, among this group, I still haven’t forgotten what young Gia said about not wanting to marry a Jewish man. She didn’t pull that out of thin air.

But yeah, I’m in wait and see mode. I still think Dolores just isn’t allowed to like who Tre doesn’t like.

That’s sort of how I feel. I didn’t really get that Dolores’s feelings were about Jackie being Jewish, but it’s possible I just missed it. And I don’t think anyone is trying to say Dolores sat down and consciously thought “Jackie is Jewish? Off the friend list!” And I’m sure Dolores would be horrified at the thought that she’s behaving in a way that might be influenced by anti-Semitism. More that (like all of us) she grew up in a country and a world with racism and prejudice exists and are systemic and pervasive and sometimes that affects your behavior in ways you don’t even realize. I said in another thread that sometimes I find the way Jackie and Margaret treat Jennifer to have a thread of xenophobia or some ideas about middle eastern culture or immigrants or something. Not that I think Jackie and Margaret would ever purposely feel that way or do things to promote those ideas or sat down and said “I don’t like  Turkish immigrants. Let’s make fun of Jennifer until she does things the American way” No! They would be horrified and sincerely angry at anyone doing that to Jennifer, but sometimes things creep into your behavior you’re no fully aware of. None of these ladies are particularly introspective so...yeah I could see that there are some prejudices in play here from all ends that aren’t really being examined or even acknowledged.

Shelter in Place got me psychoanalyzing Real Housewives instead of writing my dissertation. 🙄 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Shelter in Place got me psychoanalyzing Real Housewives instead of writing my dissertation. 🙄 

When I was working on my dissertation and watched America’s Next Top Model But that was only once a week. Real Housewives hadn’t started yet (2005). If it had been, well I would have gone that rabbit hole (any diversion from the dissertation- or letting my mind process things in the background 😜)

• LOL 2