Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
kariyaki

S05.E10: If the Suit Fits

Recommended Posts

Quote

Uncle Joey throws a surprise triple engagement party, and Steph and Fernando practice mingling with their future in-laws. Steve reaches out to DJ's boys.

Airdate: Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Share this post


Link to post

The studio audience is even more into this than usual for our last round of the show, they are just losing their damn minds! 

That was a nice bit between Kimmie and Joey, and while Joey is usually my least favorite dad, him saying how he isn't close with his own family and thats one of the reasons he is so close to the Tanners, and offering to walk Kimmie down the aisle, were all really sweet.

This show is so meta sometimes, I half expect it to end with them all just waving at the screen and showing the studio audience. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I think there was some dust in my eye when Jackson showed up in his dad's suit. It was very nice of Steve to have it tailored to fit him

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

So many questions. If that was his special occasion suit, wouldn’t that be what he was buried in? Why didn’t DJ just give it to Jackson to keep when they first ran across it?  How did Steve get it tailored without Jackson being there? How does everyone keep getting to all these places - is everything in walking distance? And given all that, what’s with all the dust in here?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Back in season 3 (I think) Kimmy said her parents were in a bunker yet in this season. Kimmy said they were world travelers. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Female83 said:

Back in season 3 (I think) Kimmy said her parents were in a bunker yet in this season. Kimmy said they were world travelers. 

Kimmy and Jimmy's parents have been the classic: "Hyped up, but never shown." Like Vira from Cheers, Marris from Fraiser or The Urkles from Family Matters. They are described or hyped up to a point, the writers know they can't bring them about in any realistic form. So, they turn into not only a farce, but to where the show even makes fun of the concept. Honestly, I think it's stupid. If you are that worried about paying another set of actors or think it would be "funny" to make them so zany and off the wall you can't physically make it happen. Then don't.

On another note, I do find it funny that it was reversed and them calling out all the weird and strange stuff that happened over at the Tanners House over the years. From Steph accidentally driving Joey's car through the kitchen to the Oscar the ostrich that Jesse was about to punch when he was trying to have a nice day out in the sun to lower his stress level on DOCTOR'S orders!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 6/4/2020 at 3:52 PM, SoMuchTV said:

So many questions. If that was his special occasion suit, wouldn’t that be what he was buried in? Why didn’t DJ just give it to Jackson to keep when they first ran across it?  How did Steve get it tailored without Jackson being there? How does everyone keep getting to all these places - is everything in walking distance? And given all that, what’s with all the dust in here?

I’m so glad I’m not alone in asking these questions even though this campy show doesn’t want us to. I must know! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/4/2020 at 6:52 PM, SoMuchTV said:

So many questions. If that was his special occasion suit, wouldn’t that be what he was buried in? Why didn’t DJ just give it to Jackson to keep when they first ran across it?  How did Steve get it tailored without Jackson being there? How does everyone keep getting to all these places - is everything in walking distance? And given all that, what’s with all the dust in here?

Maybe he was burred in his firefighter uniform. He died in the line of duty, right?

But I also wondered why DJ didn't think to give it to him when he first saw it.  And all those other questions you asked.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

This is the first time I remember liking Joey in the reboot! He really came through. 
 

I also assumed Tommy Senior was buried in some sort of uniform— maybe something like a firehouse logo t-shirt since he was very much a casual guy who didn’t like the suit. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/5/2020 at 8:03 AM, readster said:

I do find it funny that it was reversed and them calling out all the weird and strange stuff that happened over at the Tanners House over the years. From Steph accidentally driving Joey's car through the kitchen to the Oscar the ostrich that Jesse was about to punch when he was trying to have a nice day out in the sun to lower his stress level on DOCTOR'S orders!

The part that made me laugh was the last one: “Some guy constantly singing the song ‘Forever.’”

I guess the Gibbler parents are British?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, kariyaki said:

The part that made me laugh was the last one: “Some guy constantly singing the song ‘Forever.’”

I guess the Gibbler parents are British?

Funny and their children NEVER had any indication of that. Though I do wonder to this day how they got to have a domestic ostrich in their home. Even in the early to middle 90s San Fransisco would have been all over that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just watched this episode last week, and the first thing I thought of when Joey mentioned he was throwing an engagement party for them was, "Please please please don't cook for them." and "What would Anne say?"  This would only make sense to people who watched this past celebrity Worst Cooks in America series which he was on.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size