Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Mckenna Erasure

mxc90
  • Start Topic

Well at least they are finally trying to tie some of the groups/people together with Yuri being the link to most of it. With 2 episodes left, what's the rush?

No 1973 tonight. Just Petra's bio read and the main question is why dd her career stalled in 1995.

Good job Doug and Sam saving Marcus and his wife.

The explosion and then numerous gun shots afterwards happened during the day and the fire department and police finally arrived at night time? Neighbors didn't feel the need to rush and place a call?

Doug was right behind the wife as they entered the house yet she is the only one to get injured.

Sam has a great memory to remember all of Vincent's details. The woman is mysterious.

I don't get Doug' plan. Some one has to know what Vincent looks like and know Doug is impersonating. How far does he think he is going to get?

Is this correct: the crypto currency Kwon gave Tara to purchase the missile was (maybe) stolen from Chin and he hired Yuri to recover the money?

Blaming the missile launch all on Dae? Wouldn't it take two people to launch a nuclear missile? 

The people dancing as Soyun is fighting behind them was funny. These trained guys decided it's a good time to open fire in a crowded club to get Soyun.

So much tension for "weapons free" and when Levine finally gave the OK... nothing happened. I thought they were going to open fire on them at that moment. Nope. Haynes was able to get out of the car and set up to be a sniper.

Where did Haynes get the body heat blocking cover? "Always prepared" Matt had this handy in his travel bag.

Levine decides to suspend Matt's access in minutes after he logs in to get valuable information (Or was this his plan all along to track him?)? Levine could have easily had Matt killed along with Haynes.

I had to look back to know that Carol Jane Devers is the woman Haynes choked and killed with a seat belt two episodes back. She worked for the CIA and the one that woke up Haynes. 

Surprised the Russians never destroyed all information on Stiletto Six and left pages redacted in a book in the library.

The Korean cop shouldn't bother returning to the police station or home for letting Soyun go and talk to the US.

"Let's have some tea" is never good when Petra is involved.

• Love 3

Did Doug's wife kill the couple. One minute we're looking two people with severe wounds but alive and a minute later both are dead? And Doug's wife only worked as a nurse in the program/Treadstone knows operational details of the individuals that were a patient and not trainee or subordinate? I think she's Doug's handler manipulating him Petra style.

And yes Matt get's captured put in an interrogation room is all of the sudden set free. And being CIA he doesn't think his phone may be tapped/tracked?

Finally a more positive outcome for Soyun.

About this missle and timeline. A missle being a mechanical object would need maintenance, especially with the combination of electronics, propulsion systems and associated parts including seals, gaskets etc which dry out over time and would many metal parts start corroding. Throw in the nuclear material not a one person job.

The time line seems about 20 years off because people from the 1970s would not be as 'energetic' 50 years later. It's like they just got gray hair, a few rinkles and that's it.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, misstwpherecool said:

Did Doug's wife kill the couple. One minute we're looking two people with severe wounds but alive and a minute later both are dead? And Doug's wife only worked as a nurse in the program/Treadstone knows operational details of the individuals that were a patient and not trainee or subordinate? I think she's Doug's handler manipulating him Petra style.

I thought the wife was done with her injuries but the husband looked like he was shot in the shoulder(?). I wouldn't be surprised if she did (I don't trust her). They may reveal she was playing Doug all this time in the last minute of the last episode this season.

Looking back, why did Vincent bother plant a bomb if he was going to stay around and start shooting? Such a waste of explosives. He could have picked off Marcus by barging in the house and shoot him like the Terminator.

6 hours ago, misstwpherecool said:

About this missle and timeline. A missle being a mechanical object would need maintenance, especially with the combination of electronics, propulsion systems and associated parts including seals, gaskets etc which dry out over time and would many metal parts start corroding. Throw in the nuclear material not a one person job.

Can't deny Petra's commitment. For 25 years,  I can see her everyday using Windex wiping it down (probably gave it a pet name) and when her husband was asleep she puts on the Hazmat suit to do maintenance.

So while she was away the Yuri's people went to her farm with a U haul truck and removed the war head to sell to North Korea?

7 hours ago, misstwpherecool said:

Finally a more positive outcome for Soyun.

Now she is with the US, will she see her husband and son again?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Now she is with the US, will she see her husband and son again?

That was stupid of SoYun to attack the North Korean General before retrieving her son. She probably couldn't get to her husband, but could have saved her son.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, misstwpherecool said:

She knows too much.(Though I understand if it’s the show’s way of using exposition to move things along, cos Doug would be really blind with no help in bringing down Treadstone)

And wherever she leads him, or where they go - the targets are always eliminated as they were always intended to be.

• Love 1

How did Nolan know where Tara was in the library, at all times?  How can Nolan set up video surveillance everywhere within a library that is that protective?  Nolan knew how many seconds away a guard was.  That would take a lot of bugging.

I don't see that happening.

I don't think meeting Petra in Petra's house is a good option, but I guess if Tara is committed to following through with the story, she doesn't have many good choices.

On 12/8/2019 at 9:53 PM, nuraman00 said:

How did Nolan know where Tara was in the library, at all times?  How can Nolan set up video surveillance everywhere within a library that is that protective?  Nolan knew how many seconds away a guard was.  That would take a lot of bugging.

I don't see that happening.

I don't think meeting Petra in Petra's house is a good option, but I guess if Tara is committed to following through with the story, she doesn't have many good choices.

Anyone else have thoughts on this? 

Edited by nuraman00
On 12/11/2019 at 9:09 PM, nuraman00 said:

Anyone else have thoughts on this? 

Well he's running what appears to be a well-established hacking operation -- apparently on behalf of whoever can pay him (and right under the noses of the KGB, with the Russian Orthodox Church turning a blind eye to whateverthehell is going on in the basement of that church).  So one COULD make the leap that he also does covert surveillance on behalf of whoever can pay him and that toward that end he has well-established, back-door access into the security camera systems of various important buildings.

But yeah, there are just too many mysterious organizations and nefarious schemes going virtually unchecked in this story.  My willful suspension of disbelief can only take me so far.

• Love 1

I guess the bomb had one of those “Protagonist Sensing Explosions” that carefully leaves them alive while killing everyone else?

“When does this end?”

“In about two episodes!”

Why does our N Korean General want to kill Soyun’s husband? You’d think he’d want to keep his personal assassin sweet and killing her husband (or rather, getting him executed) seems a bad way to do that. I get that he intends to be in charge after his coup, but that makes even less sense (when you run things, it’s easy to keep random military officers employed, they don’t even need to be passingly competent!)

I’m assume Petra holds a gun on everyone she answers the door to!

On 12/4/2019 at 5:16 PM, misstwpherecool said:

Doug's wife only worked as a nurse in the program/Treadstone knows operational details of the individuals that were a patient and not trainee or subordinate? I think she's Doug's handler manipulating him Petra style.

I’ve said that from the start. She claims she’s working against Treadstone – yet her way of “keeping him alive” seems to be “Keep doing your missions”.