Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Five Pregnancies and Counting

Sew Sumi
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Last week's episode had a preview of Benessa going to heathen Eureka Springs to retrace her engagement scavenger hunt. I wonder if they ran into any ebil homosexuals? 😂

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 7

Oh god how do these people make it to the end of each and every day? There is only so much "expecting" and garden parties in chicken coops that can be talked about.

Garret will really enjoy the newborn baby when it arrives? holy cats she's simple.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 16
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I agree with you guys that this sounds quite boring. 

However -- "They lost their gender balloon" has to be a terrific euphemism for something....

Laughing so hard!  That sounds vaguely dirty. Just imagining what losing their gender balloon might mean and coming up with all kinds of possibilities!  🤣

• LOL 14
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Last week's episode had a preview of Benessa going to heathen Eureka Springs to retrace her engagement scavenger hunt. I wonder if they ran into any ebil homosexuals? 😂

This is what I was wondering! 😂

• LOL 8

I've noticed before, but never asked. On the back of Jessa's minivan, the family window decals are 2 parents and 4 kids. They were there before they even had their third child. Did they buy a minivan with window stickers of a family of six that were never removed, and just figured, "Let's leave them, we'll get to that point in our lives someday."? Or what did I miss? Admittedly, I fast-forward through a lot of the show at times.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, answerphone said:

How old are Lauren's parents? They look about 35.

According to fundiewiki, Lauren's parents are really close in age. Dwain just turned 44 and Lana will be 44 by the end of this week. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

But we did get hard confirmation that Lauren the Precious is getting what appears to be real medical care....though it sounds like maybe she does have some problems if her progesterone dropped early in her current pregnancy and she took supplements for it.

However. I feel like she's exhausting to deal with on the daily...

Edited by asuwur
Hit post too early
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18
8 minutes ago, asuwur said:

But we did get hard confirmation that Lauren the Precious is getting what appears to be real medical care....

I think so. Lauren didn't say it outright, but she knew her progesterone levels, and they were low. I imagine she did shots to sustain the pregnancy. I doubt you can do that under the care of an AR lay midwife.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

Lauren and Josiah confirmed it’s a alphabet theme for kids names, poor Bella always knowing she’s number two compared to Asa.These two idiots couldn’t have picked a different theme, Bella is gonna feel so inadequate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, asuwur said:

But we did get hard confirmation that Lauren the Precious is getting what appears to be real medical care

Lauren went to the same Dr as Kendra did for her ultrasound, this doctor was also there when Kendra gave birth and he’s male! I know shocking they let a male see Kendra's vagina and it wasn’t her husband 🙄

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I cannot understand pulling all the stops out to dress for the garden party when they might bother to put on clean clothes when attending a wedding if they don't have an assigned outfit as a member of the bridal party.  I remember JD and Abbie's wedding really standing out for me as far as what they chose to wear.  

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I have issues with progesterone too, so getting/staying pregnant is really difficult for me. I've had 3 losses before 6 weeks, so I kind of understand Lauren's grief over Asa (not that I ever named any of them...) because there's this guilt that there's something you could have done if you had your levels checked sooner, or if you upped your dosage. It's also really nerve wracking to have constant spotting. Even with my daughter, I bled between 5 and 9 weeks, and every day waited for it to get heavier and for that to be it. Luckily, like Bella, she's doing great now, but that first trimester was really rough with all the uncertainty. 

It also sucks to have fertility issues when you're in a famously fertile family. All the women in my family can get pregnant at the drop of a hat, so I sympathize with the pressure Lauren must feel surrounded by all of her pregnant sister in laws.

For sure, especially as pregnancy is an obsession with this family and their faith. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, PuffinFizz said:

Lauren and Josiah confirmed it’s a alphabet theme for kids names, poor Bella always knowing she’s number two compared to Asa.These two idiots couldn’t have picked a different theme, Bella is gonna feel so inadequate.

All this theme naming reminds me of dog breeders that have themed litters. And it’s not just for fun, it helps them keep track of the ages and relationship of the pups. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Namaste said:

Jessa’s kids are cute but Bin’s beard...🤮

That beard looks horrible!  I'm wondering if he's trying to grow it like an Amish beard?  He's a decent looking guy without it.  

I do not know everyone's name...I felt sorry for that oldest daughter who still lives at home.  While all of the other sisters and SIL's were trying on maternity clothes,  she was the designated seamstress.  Does she have any other role in life besides planning family fun nights and sewing? 

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

That beard looks horrible!  I'm wondering if he's trying to grow it like an Amish beard?  He's a decent looking guy without it.  

I do not know everyone's name...I felt sorry for that oldest daughter who still lives at home.  While all of the other sisters and SIL's were trying on maternity clothes,  she was the designated seamstress.  Does she have any other role in life besides planning family fun nights and sewing? 

That about sums it up for Jana.

Changing subjects - I wonder why  Lily or whoever was in charge of the reveal balloons chose black as the color. Did they get good deal on black ones?  Lauren is already scared that things may not go right with this pregnancy too so why pick dismal black balloons?  It was supposed to be a celebration.  White, yellow or even a mix of pink & blue would have been a better choice. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

That about sums it up for Jana.

Changing subjects - I wonder why  Lily or whoever was in charge of the reveal balloons chose black as the color. Did they get good deal on black ones?  Lauren is already scared that things may not go right with this pregnancy too so why pick dismal black balloons?  It was supposed to be a celebration.  White, yellow or even a mix of pink & blue would have been a better choice. 

White or yellow might have been too see through and ruined the surprise.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

Am I the only one who thought at first that they really didn't want to show Jill?  It was explained she was the only one available when Jessa went into labor and initially she was heard making a comment about the smoothie but was not seen.  Wondering if the single talking head will be her only appearance?

• Love 4

Maybe it was just me but Jana seemed to be glowing at her Garden Party. I hope she's with Laura (is that her name?) and they're happy as fuck!

Also, the balloon reveal.  I would have had to have a seat after the 4th balloon.  Just get this shit over with. Boy or girl. Who cares at this point???!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, PuffinFizz said:

And its yet another reason to mourn..or tell someone why there is no "a" named child in the family..

Is the plan to try to get to "z" ?

• Love 7
6 hours ago, PuffinFizz said:

I am hoping that after a year or so of bonding with Bella, the anguish over Asa will diminish enough that they can fully focus on Bella and any other children they have.  

At one time I knew the name of the still born that preceded me.  I still remember the middle name, but only because it was a family surname, but I am not quite sure if I have the first name correct.  I never felt inadequate.  Only treasured and loved.

13 hours ago, Temperance said:

According to fundiewiki, Lauren's parents are really close in age. Dwain just turned 44 and Lana will be 44 by the end of this week. 

I think this is the first I have seen of Lauren's parents.  I was surprised at their large house.  I think Lauren is really high maintenance. 

Because I cannot listen to either Ma Dugger or Lauren, I watched this episode in 19 minutes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Squirrely said:

I know Michelle's default setting is to speak in a baby voice. But nothing agitates me more than people speaking to the elderly as though they're slow witted 3 year-olds. The way she kept praising Grandma Duggar made me want to hurl. Pay her a compliment like you'd speak to another adult, FFS. 

and Anna is Michelle 2.0...I and Lauren once she figures the whining will get her nowhere will follow suit.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

All this theme naming reminds me of dog breeders that have themed litters. And it’s not just for fun, it helps them keep track of the ages and relationship of the pups. 

That makes a lot of sense, like how horses are often named by portmanteauing parts of their parents' names into a whole.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That is because Kendra, despite her fundiness, seems to have been raised with manners and structure. 

Let's not forget to credit her parents, as they made a conscious decision somewhere along the line that godliness was not the be-all and end-all of life and that we should also get along well with each other and strangers, which seems rare amongst the Gothardite parents.

• Love 21
31 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Let's not forget to credit her parents, as they made a conscious decision somewhere along the line that godliness was not the be-all and end-all of life and that we should also get along well with each other and strangers, which seems rare amongst the Gothardite parents.

I thought Kendra was vapid and annoying at first. She really changed my opinion on their honeymoon episode, with the way she was able to make friendly conversation with strangers, namely during their dinner up in the sky. I had judged her based on the non-stop giggling. Now she's sort of my pet fundie of the family. And for that reason I feel sorry for her even more than the others. I don't want to see her beaten down and exhausted after she has 4 kids in 4 years and loses her mind. I imagine she'll end up with closer to a Duggar-sized brood than a Caldwell-sized brood, at the rate she's going. 

And god, yes. It's sisters-in-law! It's beyond infuriating that these women will be teaching their children's English and grammar lessons. 

• Love 22
12 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Oh, TLC, please put the kibosh on that annoying "ask every Duggar kiddo about the 'jinder' of their sibling's new baby" thing you do.

It's painfully boring, and it means NOTHING. What viewer thinks (or cares) that Johannah has a special sekrit insight into Jessa's baby?

"What do you think Lauren is having?"

"Um, a boy?"

Riveting television, right there.

Unless they're going to go back through old footage to document their past records of prognosticating and rank them according to who's been correct most often.  The winner could become the Vegas oddsmaker of the family.

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

I am hoping that after a year or so of bonding with Bella, the anguish over Asa will diminish enough that they can fully focus on Bella and any other children they have.  

ummm.... Jubliee was #20 right ? when ever the opportunity pops up... michelle will get tuned up...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

Get your tissues ready... we got an hour long funeral to "watch" next week or two

Possible flashbacks to JL Duggar's service from what ever season that was, in case you missed it.

How come they fill up churches for weddings and not also fill it up for funerals? You would think the mother, surviving parent, of the great Jim Bob dugger would be standing room only affair. I saw several rows of empty seats..

Rest in Peace - Grandma Mary

image.png.9326e49f1a989ec161ed9f37832f9318.png

Edited by sATL