Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Spunkygal

Holiday Wars

5 hours ago, Rammchick said:

And predictably, the team who did the worst all season managed to eke out the win for no apparent reason. 

I know I said I was done but I had to watch the last episode to see if they ever explained how they determined the season's winner. But I guess it was just the winner of the last episode.  Talk about anti-climatic.  Actually the whole season was anti-climatic if that's possible.

I'm sorry that I can't remember the name of the teams.  I thought that the elimination of a team for a technicality was absurd.  It just seemed very mean spirited because that layer was not the same as the other ones. I was thinking of something last night and wish that I wasn't so hasty to delete.  Did the little hearts on top of one of the displays count as a layer? Because if it did, that was a lot lamer than the little people that did not count as one.

Edited because I forgot to say this:

I was watching with my daughter who has never seen this show before.  She wanted to know why the judges were giving the teams pointers while the teams were making their displays. She said she thought that judges weren't supposed to be helping teams and that might give one team an unfair advantage over another team.  She was visiting and wanted to watch the show because back in the day she had been a "That's So Raven" fan but she couldn't watch the show to the end. That's how bad it was.

Edited by ShelleySue · Reason: Explained above
  • Like 7

The team that got eliminated on a “technicality” was robbed. They had the nicest looking piece. I think the judges just got rid of them because they were the strongest team. I think the team that won were the judges favourite and that is why they won. The judges kept saying “I am so glad they made it through”. 
What a disappointing season.

• Like 4

The narwhal was excellent, just not sure how Christmassy it was. Didn't like the elves ruining the penguins' wedding. And Johnnie can leave with his validation that Shinmin liked something he did.

As an aside, Jewel is a completely different person on Candy Land. She's nice, calm, and not critical. Makes you wonder.

• Like 1

Thank God the season is over.  I wouldn't have minded so much if only Erin wasn't there.  She was horrible.  Between her being so nasty and her stupid voice, I spent each episode angry.  

Also, this seemed like a Cake Wrecks Holiday Edition show.  Ug.

• Like 5

On 12/1/2020 at 5:55 PM, mojoween said:

Erin’s hair in the ponytail with the tendrils looked really cute though.

Erin reminds me of the actress who played "Jo" on the Facts of Life: Nancy McKeon. I think she's beautiful. But, her face does always look like she's mad. Hehe!

Edited by 40Love
  • Like 3

I feel compelled to point out that there are no penguins in the arctic.  If this indeed were supposed to be a north pole wedding, there should not have been penguins.

The northern lights wedding, with the two people, they both looked female to me.  Also, their faces were creepy.

What is the point of keeping all the teams until the end if you're not going to factor in prior work?  Otherwise they just should have eliminated a team each week.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, hilaryvm said:

I feel compelled to point out that there are no penguins in the arctic.  If this indeed were supposed to be a north pole wedding, there should not have been penguins.

The northern lights wedding, with the two people, they both looked female to me.  Also, their faces were creepy.

What is the point of keeping all the teams until the end if you're not going to factor in prior work?  Otherwise they just should have eliminated a team each week.

Perhaps it was a destination wedding?

Edited by tracyscott76 · Reason: Misread the quoted post
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, hilaryvm said:

I thought the facial expressions of the two people were a little weird looking too. Didn't get the judge's OTT praise. I was going to go back and check whether their original sketch mentioned whether they were both women... but was too lazy. The artist chose those round forms so they wouldn't have to finesse the shapes. I agree with whoever said they were the favorites to win... for whatever reason. Kind of felt like they were getting the winner's edit when the one guy kept going on and on about the new woman who joined their team. 

• Like 2

It’s over?  It’s OVER.

Never has something I was looking forward to disappointed me so much.  Don’t do this again, Food Network.

A team won and three others went home and I honestly didn’t care who did what.  I complained about this before, but there was absolutely not enough Ho Ho Ho in any design any week to make this show enjoyable.

• Like 7

So glad this hot mess is over. I always look forward to Halloween Wars and Holiday Wars. Hell, I started the forum for this show. I am hoping that this lump of coal that FN put in our stocking reverts back to its charm next year....Jonathan as host, Shinmin as judge but joined by Jason or anyone else but Erin, a team getting eliminated each week, and more bling, more festive presentations, return of the fruit carvers, more craftsmanship. Julian, the brilliant sugar artist, is welcome to return, but all these other third class contestants can stay home. 

All that being said, it was fun commiserating with you guys. Happy holidays and please stay healthy so we can snark the reindeer poop out of next season! 

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Like 10

35 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

So glad this hot mess is over. I always look forward to Halloween Wars and Holiday Wars. Hell, I started the forum for this show. I am hoping that this lump of coal that FN put in our stocking reverts back to its charm next year....Jonathan as host, Shinmin as judge but joined by Jason or anyone else but Erin, a team getting eliminated each week, and more bling, more festive presentations, return of the fruit carvers, more craftsmanship. Julian, the brilliant sugar artist, is welcome to return, but all these other third class contestants can stay home. 

All that being said, it was fun commiserating with you guys. Happy holidays and please stay healthy so we can snark the reindeer poop out of next season! 

Or they could take the ice sculpture carving element from last year's Santa's Baking Blizzard. I wish they had brought that back instead of whatever this season was.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

Could've been female.  After all, the two snowmen were male.

The way they were dressed and their faces made me think they were Inuit, but no, that wasn't the concocted story the team had.  

18 hours ago, Biosynth said:

Also, this seemed like a Cake Wrecks Holiday Edition show.  Ug.

Or Nailed It.  When Raven-Symone yelled, "Time's up, you're done!" on one of the episodes, I laughed out loud.  Some of what was produced could've easily been on that show.

2 hours ago, Rammchick said:

Could've been female.  After all, the two snowmen were male.

The way they were dressed and their faces made me think they were Inuit, but no, that wasn't the concocted story the team had.  

I think one was meant to be male because the team mentioned their names were "Skip" and something else.  Not that it matters if it's two females or not, but if they intended one to be male, I think they failed in that respect.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Agree with every word.  I'd love to see Jason or Charles Phoenix back as judges.  I hope never to see Raven or Erin again.  

I thought the team that won was the worst of the three overall.  SMH.

Food Network - You ruined one of my favorite shows.  Please don't do it again.

• Like 3

Normally I really like this show and think that the contestants are very talented...not so much this season.  I guess they were doing the best they could with people who were willing to  brave the pandemic, but the quality really suffered.

• Like 4