Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
BetterButter

Black Widow (2020)

2 hours ago, BetterButter said:

It took me a bit to work out why he looked so familiar, since I haven't seen his work. He looks kind of like John C Reilly.

Anyway, anyone want to give me a primer on Red Guardian, or should I just go to the Marvel wiki? Come on, people, show off your knowledge. 🙂

3 hours ago, stealinghome said:

This movie is about 5 years too late, BUT I love Black Widow and am so.freaking.in. Great trailer.

I think it looks really good too.  I like the poster as well

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

Looks like it could be good. Though I wish they went a bit smaller scale with less CGI. 

Same. One of the main appeals of a potential Black Widow movie for me was that it was an opportunity for Marvel to scale things down a bit and just do a cool spy movie. Instead it looks like they're still going the route of the typical big bang CGI fest. I mean, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, everyone knows the formula by now, but I can't help but be a little disappointed.

So the movie looks like it's going to be as espionage-heavy as a Marvel movie allows. But I agree that it's a shame that Marvel haven't been brave enough to eschew CGI and big action sequences completely.

I guess I'm ready to move on from Scarlett Johansson as Natasha, so the prospect of Florence Pugh's Yelena taking up the mantle seems cool. And I guess it would be a chance for Marvel to test how audiences react to legacy heroes. I'd be up for her becoming a part of the larger MCU.

David Harbour should be a lot of fun, as the hero gone to seed. I think that Nat in the comics was married to the Red Guardian, but I assume that's not going to translate into the MCU.

• Like 3

This should have been made ages ago, but I am still super excited. This looks awesome and I am so psyched to get more into the Black Widow program and Red Guardian and all of that stuff. I got excited thinking we would get some of that in Age of Ultron, and that went...weird, so I am ready as hell for this. 

• Like 3

Well I think the trailer looks fantastic!

I'm looking forward to the movie.

Question. This movie hasn't had any leaks so far has, it? I just want to know that. No info I want to know. Thanks.

Where in the timeline does this movie occur? I saw the trailer last night- looks decent if 5yrs too late like someone said above. 

6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Where in the timeline does this movie occur? I saw the trailer last night- looks decent if 5yrs too late like someone said above. 

After Civil War, before Infinity War.

• Like 1

Never mind. Already answered

Edited by Dani
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

Final trailer:

I'm actually going to be more shocked if 

Spoiler

Melina doesn't turn out to be Taskmaster.

• Like 1

Not to go off track, but if this movie (as the last trailer implies) involves Natasha going back to the facility in which she was raised to save her similarly brainwashed cohorts that never got the chance to leave the abusive system that raised them, then John Boyega has every right to be royally pissed off. 

I must have watched the tag on the end of that trailer about 15 times in a row.  "Natasha, don't slouch....You're going to get a back hunch."  🤣

Edited by kiddo82
  • Laugh 2

On 3/17/2020 at 4:39 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I wonder if there will even be a Summer 2020 for movies? 

there's a good question.  Hopefully everything will be ... resolved by then and we can at least go to the movies.

• Like 1