Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Jessica Town

MID-SEASON FINALE!

Jessica is thriving in the merriment of Christmas, the time of year she takes full control of the household and everything is perfect, until Louis does the unthinkable - tries to help - turning her Christmas dream into a holiday nightmare. Meanwhile, Eddie, Emery and Evan find themselves on the naughty list for breaking an expensive gift, which might just require the assistance of elves or Grandma Huang to fix.

Original air date: 12/13/19

Hey! Jessica had to learn to get the stick out of her ass and stop bringing down everyone else! 

I totally did not see that coming. Never would have guessed. Nope.

I did like seeing everyone in Jessica Town garb, though. Gorgeous costumes.

• Love 4

I can understand where Jessica was coming from, Christmas is the big show, for a homemaker it's not all fun and games. But Louis didn't care, he just wanted Jessica to negect her responsibilities to go ice skating with him. In their marriage Louis owns Halloween, and Jessica claims Christmas. Jessica always leaves Luis do Halloween however he sees fit, so Louis should return the favor when it comes to Christmas.

Gee, that was irresponsible of Eddie and Evan to be alone with that Nutcracker. In reality, there would have been a lot of onlookers getting suspicious at that mall. That look a bit too crowded to let Evan go unnoticed at all. But it's a sitcom...

Edited by Robert Lynch
1 hour ago, Harvey said:

I can understand where Jessica was coming from, Christmas is the big show, for a homemaker it's not all fun and games. But Louis didn't care, he just wanted Jessica to negect her responsibilities to go ice skating with him. In their marriage Louis owns Halloween, and Jessica claims Christmas. Jessica always leaves Luis do Halloween however he sees fit, so Louis should return the favor when it comes to Christmas.

The difference is that Louis wants Jessica to plan Halloween with him. And he also wants to help with Christmas but she won't let him due to her need to control.

• Love 6

Has Jessica always been obsessed with Christmas? I don't remember it. I remembered her creepy Chinese "Santa" costume from a while back, but I thought it was in part a jab at Xmas, and not her actually liking the holiday. Please correct me if I'm remembering wrong!

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, ctmd said:

Has Jessica always been obsessed with Christmas? I don't remember it. I remembered her creepy Chinese "Santa" costume from a while back, but I thought it was in part a jab at Xmas, and not her actually liking the holiday. Please correct me if I'm remembering wrong!

I remember her Christmas village in past seasons but don't remember her being crazy about the overall holiday, although maybe I just forgot.

I think she was more obsessed about making Chinese New Year perfect but I guess we're just to assume she's controlling about anything that she cares about.

I have to admit Jessica looked beautiful in the Christmas village outfit.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ctmd said:

She was. The previous Christmas episode was about it too. The one where Eddie wants to spend Christmas in New York.

• Useful 2
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The most unbelievable part of this is that Louis would want to spend time with Jessica!

So sad. Jessica was always controlling but I remember when they complemented each other and were a team giving each other high fives and everything. Jessica seems to hate Louis now, or at least just tolerate him because she's use to having him around.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Snow Apple said:

So sad. Jessica was always controlling but I remember when they complemented each other and were a team giving each other high fives and everything. Jessica seems to hate Louis now, or at least just tolerate him because she's use to having him around.

Exactly! This is not a couple depicted as equal or that Louis loves his wife for all her flaws. This rings more of they stay together for the kids or Louis should just say: "the hell with this, I'm taking the boys and good luck!"

• Love 2
On 12/15/2019 at 2:05 AM, biakbiak said:

The most unbelievable part of this is that Louis would want to spend time with Jessica!

I honestly don't like what the writers are doing with Louis at all this season.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 2

Oh my God, you guys, Jessica is a crazy control freak Jerkass who has to learn to get that candy cane out of her ass, a lesson she learns approximately three hundred times a year? Truly a one of a kind plot thread! 

Other than that, I did find Jessica Town to be cute and everyone looked great in their Victorian Christmas outfits, and I always like seeing the boys all in a plot together. "It was made in Germany, by actual Germans!"

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, JenLily said:

Four hundred dollars for that nutcracker???

I can believe it. I recently went to a Christmas festival and the nutcrackers were crazy expensive because they were indeed hand crafted in Germany.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, JenLily said:

Four hundred dollars for that nutcracker???

Easily. My grandmother forced us to collect things and because when my sister was 3 she loved the ballet The Nutcracker she decided she would collect nutcrackers and got one every Christmas and birthday, I came along three years later and didn’t even get a choice she decided I would collect German smokers, similar to nutcrackers but in addition to be completely impractical burned thick and heavy German incense, and the real German ones were minimum $250. They all currently live in their boxes in my parents basement because neither of us want 45 to 5O useless wooden things in our homes and no one has gotten around to putting in the effort to sell them. It should have come in a box with a certificate of authenticity which was my only objection.

20 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Jessica is a crazy control freak who has to learn to get that candy cane out of her ass, a lesson she learns approximately three hundred times a year? Truly a one of a kind plot thread! 

My issue is that she isn’t just a control freak, I have control freak tendencies, it’s that she is an asshole who wants people to fail and sabotages them and is cruel to them about it.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I actually found this one funnier than most, despite Jessica being annoying.  The title scared me and I didn't bother until now, but I liked seeing them in Victorian costumes.  Emery crying as an elf was amusing.  At least Evan has become nicer this season.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Camera One said:

I actually found this one funnier than most, despite Jessica being annoying.  The title scared me and I didn't bother until now, but I liked seeing them in Victorian costumes.  Emery crying as an elf was amusing.  At least Evan has become nicer this season.

Yeah, Evan did a quick change in character this season. However, I detest the change in Louis' character. The writers are trying to make him another Jessica clone and that makes it bad. I understand to make one person equal to the counterpart, but that just really makes no sense. Louis was always a nice guy, so why make him like the wife? No sense at all.

• Love 2