Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Fire In The Hole

Whoever it was who mentioned that scene between Bill and Sookie with Bill up in the tree....you are correct. Bill did look like total shit. For a vamp who supposedly cannot age he's not doing a very convincing job. I think the funniest thing about it though was if I'm correct Bill himself (aka Stephen Moyer) directed the episode.

Even though I could kinda care less about Eric's character, I do wish he'd go back to being more badass. At least that was interesting. He's lame and boring now and if that's how they're gonna portray him this season I'd rather they just kill him off and be done with it.

Kill Violet too. Now.

Stephen directed episode one, so not this one... But yes, it was a very poor lighting/directorial choice... even if personally, I thought the idea of him up in the tree was a good one.

Hopefully mopy Eric is over now that he has a new purpose... I'm sure Pam will load him up on some fresh blood to put a little spring in his step on their journey back to LA... and won't Eric be PISSED that the stupid infected vamps are wrecking his bar!?

(edited)

I am so happy Maxine is finally dead. I don't care who did it, I just wanted her dead. Disappointed to get the confirmation that Tara is for real super duper dead but at least Pam finally acknowledged it.

ETA, I loved seeing the Corporation guys just being awesome human badasses. Don't mess with a corporation.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle
DollEyes: I still find [Lafayette and James] more compelling and believable than Jason/Violet and Eric/Sylvie-and don't even get me started on the Twilight ripoff that is Sookie/Bill.

I don't see how Sookie/Bill can be a Twilight ripoff, when Dead Until Dark came out in 2001, four years before Twilight was published, and both "True Blood" and Twilight (the film) were released in the same year (2008) so it's unlikely that either influenced the other. (Although I admit that I'm biased, because I can't stand the Twilight franchise and actually really enjoy TB (well, this season not so much, but I loved Season 1, and that was certainly the high point for Sookie/Bill).

Marigny: I still think that Lettie Mae killed Tara and we will see what really happened in a flashback.

This is a really intriguing idea, and I think you're right. Although it would be so sad to discover -- however since I think Lettie Mae is pure poison (although the actress is fantastic), it wouldn't surprise me. 

I do think there's something tired about this season, which is a shame, because I remember being so unexpectedly interested in last season, which I thought was a bit of a renaissance for the show. So far this season, everyone seems kind of sparkless and tired. And I hate the stupid mob of townspeople because year after year, all we see are more mobs and pitchforks and watching stupid people be stupid (and sheeplike) gets boring for me.

I did enjoy the scenes between Sookie and Bill, only because it's been literal years since we saw them simply and honestly talking to one another. And I really like Willa, the preacher, and Andy, and I got a kick out of Pam and Eric (minus the Sylvie aspect, which wasn't helped by the staggeringly bad actress they cast as Sylvie). So I'm still hoping things will turn around and the show goes out on a high note.

• Love 3

Alcide had investments?

Heh. I believe he was one of the major shareholders of Sookie Magical Fairy Vagina (NYSE: SMFV).

Dexter's finale is the only acceptable answer in this category.

The only saving grace for True Blood is that they've already screwed up so much very little can disappoint me. That said, I'm far more worried about what they will do with Jason and Lafayette.

Hahahahaaa. DEXTER is certainly my benchmark for terrible final seasons. No matter how horrible a show may be going my brain convinces me there's no way it could be worse than the steaming pile of shit that was the final season of DEXTER.

• Love 3

Heh. I believe he was one of the major shareholders of Sookie Magical Fairy Vagina (NYSE: SMFV).

Yes, but maybe he paid for that, because the "Fire In The Hole" was IN that Vagina.

Also, I've also suspected that the show runners hated that fans loved Eric more than Bill and have often wondered if this is why he's been neutered somewhat.  He used to be the badass you would expect a 1000 year old vampire to be and I so looked forward to his exchanges with Pam, which is what's kept me watching.  I was hoping to see a return to that and instead I get to see Eric moping around in France and weakened with Hep V.

This, so much.  "Neutered" is the perfect word to describe Eric's state, and he hasn't been the same since that relationship ended.  The amnesia angle was cute for a few days, but it went on forever.   When Eric actually asked if they could make love in the magic bed in the fucking woods, I was done.  

The past few seasons, they've been trying to humanize Eric by introducing people who were close to him, like Nora and Sylvie.  But that only emphasizes just how much they screwed up the Sookie/Eric plot because Sookie was what humanized Eric.  Just...ugh.  I can't even say that romance crashed and burned, because it never took off.  Eric and Sookie weren't together when he was in his right mind, and now too much has happened for them to go back.  

• Love 2

So much to snark on, but most of it's already been covered, so a few thoughts I didn't see mentioned yet.

1)  Why has no one thought to go check out Fangtasia?  Doesn't it seem like a pretty obvious hiding spot?  They know Pam and Eric are gone and its there for any squatter vamp who wants it, they know it's light tight, they know it has a handy dandy dungeon, and it's within 50 miles!  Seems like kind of the obvious place!

2)  I'm not even going to get into how stupid inserting Sylvie was, but even STUPIDER was naming her Sylvie, because when Pam and Eric first started talking about her, I thought Alexander and Kristen must be saying Sookie and slurring their lines for God knows what reason, because who the fuck is Sylvie?

3)  Why were the flashbacks 1986?  I thought when the show started in 2007 and Sookie first met Bill, the "Great Reveal" when vamps made themselves known had happened in the past year to two years at most, and it was made possible by Tru Blood.  So this multimillion dollar product the Stereotyped Ethnic Name Corporation (SENC) are so eager to protect was invented in the 1980s (Nan said she had actually tasted it), but it took almost two decades to bring it to market?  What, they were afraid of the New Coke competition?

• Love 4
Hahahahaaa. DEXTER is certainly my benchmark for terrible final seasons. No matter how horrible a show may be going my brain convinces me there's no way it could be worse than the steaming pile of shit that was the final season of DEXTER.

I used to think this too (even recently).  But now I'm beginning to think I've been dreadfully naive (much as I used to say "there's no way the Emmys could be idiotic enough not to nominate Tatiana Maslany for two years in a row" Ha!  Fool me once...).

The evidence of the last three episodes portends something very, very bad.  Very bad indeed.

• Love 1
(edited)

Paramitch:  While Twilight may have technically come after Charlaine Harris'  books,  Sookie/Bill feels like a Twilight rip-off to me, now more than ever. If the show does to Sookie/Bill like it did to Edward/Bella in Twilight, I not only wouldn't be surprised, I'd be pissed.

Re this episode, given the vigilante citizens' stupidity, Rocky aside, they deserved to be H-vamp food, as far as I'm concerned. To quote one of them, "Shit happens."

About Sarah, she's not as lucky as she thinks she is, especially where men are concerned. Sarah's track record: Jason dumped her, Steve, her ex-husband, was a gay vamp American who was in love with Jason and met the True Death at Eric's hand, Gov. Burrell's dead and now her yoga instructor/fuck buddy is dead. As if Sarah's incurring the wrath of the Yokosama Corporation and possibly the Yakuza for Ms. Suzuki's death wasn't bad enough, Sarah now has Eric and Pam to worry about. Sarah's one of the people directly responsible for spiking the Tru Blood with HepV and ordering that Nora be infected with it, not to mention the Fellowship Of the Sun's involvement in Godric's fate. Godric may have willingly gone there but Eric didn't know that at the time when he first disappeared. Eric has some big scored to settle with Sarah. She may be able to outwit the Yakuza, but Eric? Not so much, I'm guessing. If the Japanese mafia don't get Sarah, then the Viking vamp will.

Apart from Jessica, the only scenes I seem to like are Wiila's. There's something about the actress that draws you in.

Not me. For one thing, much of what happened to Willa was her own fault. She chose not to wear her anti-glamouring contacts the night Eric kidnapped her, she chose to tell Eric about her father's plans and she chose to let Eric turn her. That said, however, Eric's treatment of Willa post-making has been shitty at best. Eric's not only left Willa alone for months when she needed him most, it was basically because he was mourning Sylvie, which apparently, is French for "plot device."  Now that Rev. Daniels has kicked Willa out for LM's sake, Willa will need Eric's help more than ever, but chances are he'll be too busy planning to go Viking on Sarah's ass to care.

[bill] accidentally drank too much of Sookie in the back of Alcide's van after he was all tortured and near death

Bill's putting his hand over Sookie's mouth to keep her from screaming was no accident.  Bill may not have meant to hurt Sookie at the time, but he hurt her anyway.

As to blowing up the TB factories-I'm not making excuses since yes, it was a bad thing that happened and that was Bill's idea. But he didn't do it by himself. The Authority was hell bent on creating destruction-the original plan was killing however many mainstreaming vampires there were-so there could have been thousands of vampire deaths (including people like Pam/Jessica/Tara/Eric)...followed by farming humans as cattle....Bill still has to take responsibility for it, but I don't think that makes him evil.

I disagree. That wasn't The Authority who wanted to kill mainstreaming vamps and use humans as cattle (at least, not at first); those were the Sanguinistas. Roman, the founder of The Authority and the first sponsor of Tru Blood, believed in mainstreaming, as in having vamps and humans peacefully co-exist; the Sanguinistas, however, wanted the exact opposite. Roman believed that if vamps kept on, in his words, "act[ing] like savages," the humans would turn against them and he was right. Plenty of characters have made mistakes, but that shouldn't excuse Bill from his, whether he was high on Lilith or not. Bill wasn't solely responsible for things going bad between vamps and humans, but he was responsible nonetheless and his feeling bad about it now is too little, too late, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1