Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Friends and Family

Trini
  • Start Topic

On 1/4/2020 at 10:03 AM, TurtlePower said:

I dunno, I can only guess people can “tolerate” hugs and get through it. For me I’m feeling like, “get the hell away from me” the whole time and seek solitude immediately after. Luckily, certain family members have picked up on this and stopped forcing hugs on me. There are only 3 people in my life in my “hug zone”. 

I don’t get hugs, especially when parents force their children to hug every family member during the holidays. Don’t force that on kids. 

Maybe because my family is not demonstrative that way.  When we all get together there is more joking and exclamations of being glad to see someone, but not a lot of physical contact...I don't know why.  Maybe that's why I don't see it as being anything different, most people in my family would be more like, " don't touch me unless I ask you to touch me, " kind of people.  For those people who don't know..I will give that look that makes them think twice....

Not sure if this was the episode where Shaun denied the claims that autism was caused by a vaccine, but I just found some support for that denial.  Thought I'd share it.

https://www.quora.com/Who-is-the-most-corrupt-and-crooked-scientist-ever-known/answer/Jack-Fraser-11?ref=forbes&rel_pos=2

I personally believe that autism was caused by something that wasn't there a few decades ago, but they haven't figured out what that something is, yet.  Schools all have programs that are designed to assist students who are on the autism spectrum as well as down's syndrome and other conditions that we have seen increase in notable numbers in  recent years.  The terrible distress and emotional pain that Freddie so authentically reflected in this and the next episode should inform some who do not see research in these conditions as a high priority.

Edited by Brown12051
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Brown12051 said:

I personally believe that autism was caused by something that wasn't there a few decades ago, but they haven't figured out what that something is, yet. 

Scientists have found a connection between older parents and autism, especially older fathers.