Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: We Need To Talk

• Start Topic

I thought I vaguely recognized that sofa, I can't find it but I think it might be a Roche Bobois combination of the print from the first couch and the design of the second:

They are pretty low as far as higher-end furniture goes, like you can just go into their showrooms and just buy something. They cater the dotcom millionaire that needs to outfit their new condo income set, not the I need to redo my yacht crowd.

sofa.png

sofa 2.png

Edited by John M
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Wollstonecraft said:
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

I get a Marilyn Monroe vibe from her. The way she coquettishly bats her eyes, the breathless little girl voice, and even the halter dress she wears in her THs looks like it was inspired by MM. 

Personally, I think she's too old for the way she behaves and she's not uber pretty.  I don't get model potential from her at all. 

Can't be modelling, sorry - her eyes are very uneven.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, John M said:

I thought I vaguely recognized that sofa, I can't find it but I think it might be a Roche Bobois combination of the print from the first couch and the design of the second:

They are pretty low as far as higher-end furniture goes, like you can just go into their showrooms and just buy something. They cater the dotcom millionaire that needs to outfit their new condo income set, not the I need to redo my yacht crowd.

sofa.png

sofa 2.png

I thought it might have been a Ligne Roset Togo in a custom fabric. Togo starts at $10K - $12K. I think you might be right that it's a Roche Bobois Temps Calme.

14 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don't think that Lillian August is a high end retail furniture store. From what I've read, it's a design service so they probably have a few pieces for display purposes but you can't just walk in and fall in love with a couch and they'll deliver it tomorrow. That sectional couch must have been covered in VERY expensive fabric for it to cost that much. As a side note, I have a small three piece sectional couch that I needed to have recovered. It required 38 yards of fabric. I found a discontinued fabric I loved at an online discount store for $ 20 a yard but it was a Ralph Lauren fabric that retailed at $ 200 a yard so had I gone to a store like Lillian August, no doubt my little couch would have cost a bundle even with me supplying the base units. 

All right, no doubt I'm going to start seeing targeted furniture ads on this forum...

12 hours ago, John M said:

There is a huge industry in high-end furniture that doesn't even touch the consumer side, they won't even talk to you much less sell you a sofa if you aren't with a high-end designer.  Sometimes these pieces eventually trickle down to high-end consignment which is what probably happened here.

$14,000 for a sofa in that space is nothing, you can spend twice that on that on a single arm chair and they won't bat an eye, you are a smaller sale.

Lillian August does have a furniture store and a design business. The design business is actually called the Lillian August Project. It's funny that you mention reupholstery. Carole Radziwill, a former real housewife, had a gorgeous couch that she got from her mother-in-law. She needed to recover it. Viewers thought she should recover it in the fabric we guessed it was, which was $1200/yard, but it turns out it was covered in a fabric that was $4500/yard.

@John M I thought it was a rejected custom piece that someone was hoping to recoup some of the money they spent on it.

23 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

The sales lady at the furniture store mentioned the sofa in its entirety was around $13,000-14,000.  I liked how she advised that they may tire of the look in a few years down the line.  I learned a valuable lesson myself- don't go with trendy colors or styles.  Stick with neutrals and accessorize!

I think she figured out that Michael was iffy on the sofa and she'd rather connect him to one of their designers who could get him to buy $80K worth of furniture he really likes instead of a couch he kind of likes and a bunch of Ikea furniture he bought because he felt like he spent too much on the couch.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 12/3/2019 at 7:25 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I wasn't either. They went at an easy pace, she made sure he stretched first, he could converse while they were running. Wasn't he a big jock in school? (Why do I think that?) And he works outdoors all day on the ranch. He's not hunched over a desk. I'm sure he was just fine. I think its great that Natalie has hobbies and interests! So few of the people on this clusterfuck do. Maybe if Mike has to go plow the south forty or something when they're back in the US, she won't whine and complain that he's neglecting her or that she's bored and lonely with no one to talk to. She'll just lace up her shoes and go for a run. That would be refreshing. 

I thought she had a look of "you pathetic fat ass" on her face.  He seemed embarrassed and hurt.  

There's a way you can get your mate, family member to be more active without making them feel like they are inadequate.  The look of hurt on his face and led me to believe he didn't feel adequate.  

Also, I believe she's still in love with her ex-husband.  And that he was her image of a perfect man.  I don't believe for a second that SHE left him.  I'm sure it is the other way around. I think Mike is wondering whether she's trying to mold him into her perfect man -- her ex husband.

Edited by sasha206
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
On 12/2/2019 at 5:31 PM, DiamondGirl said:

What’s the point of going furniture shopping when she hasn’t even seen the house yet?  I would need some idea of the rooms and what would fit where, etc.

I don’t agree with the whole renovation of an entire house just because styles may have changed.  It’s one thing if things are in bad condition, but why is it considered necessary to change things to the current trend (which will be “dated” in a few years again)?  Sure, change wall colors, rip out wallpaper, that kind of thing, but I think it goes too far with every house having to look alike.  

I think it’s a moot point anyway - this guy doesn’t have the money he pretends to have.

I agree.  When I think of "outdated" I don't think "You have golden oak cabinets" (which by the way, I just got rid of and now have a white kitchen I love!).  I always think of outdated as the person had the gaudiest trend from that era and hasn't updated it.  

Not to mention, every few years or so, something is declared "out."  A long time ago, a house painted white was bland, boring.  Everyone needed a bold accent wall.  Now when I'm on Instagram, the trend seems to be all white walls, oak furniture, some greenery, all black fixtures, wrought iron industrial looking stair railing,  and no color.  I admit a lot of the minimalist trend with white walls pretty but I also am struck on how little color is in these houses and how boring the look is.  

• Love 5
On 12/3/2019 at 8:31 AM, watchingtvaddict said:

I would not want to be around a bunch of cameras and new people AND alcohol a day after landing. Heck, I wouldn't want to meet  a lot new people 3 days after landing. Something chill with one or two friends and her sister would have been more appropriate.  But of course... where is the drama there? 

I wouldn't either.  But then again, she signed up and is getting paid to be on this show!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 12/2/2019 at 9:15 PM, FurBabyMama said:

and I personally thought the first dress that the bee lady tried on was a lot more flattering than the one she chose. 

I totally agree.  I'll never understand why someone without the perfect model body wants to wear a strapless dress.  She looked far more dumpy in that than the first one she wore.

I was in good shape and thin when I went to look for wedding dresses.  I absolutely hated the strapless ones on me.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I totally agree.  I'll never understand why someone without the perfect model body wants to wear a strapless dress.  She looked far more dumpy in that than the first one she wore.

I was in good shape and thin when I went to look for wedding dresses.  I absolutely hated the strapless ones on me.

I agree 100% and attended three weddings this year and refreshingly, none of the brides has "sweetheart" necklines!!!  Danielle was the Frump Queen in her strapless dress!!!

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I wouldn't either.  But then again, she signed up and is getting paid to be on this show!

Actually if I remember correctly the foreign participants of the show do not get paid - I think it violates the provisions of their K-1 visa.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Also, I believe she's still in love with her ex-husband.  And that he was her image of a perfect man.  I don't believe for a second that SHE left him.  I'm sure it is the other way around. I think Mike is wondering whether she's trying to mold him into her perfect man -- her ex husband.

Natalie said she left her ex because her mother did not like him.  

She just looking for a baby daddy.  I think she really doesn’t care who it is as long as they are both taken care of — and mommy approves.  

• Love 4
23 hours ago, AllAboutEve said:

You have a point. Sarah is too good for Michael. 

I think Sarah and Michael are the perfect couple.  I can’t stand either of them.  

I don’t know how those adorable kids came from those two.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 12/5/2019 at 6:23 AM, sasha206 said:

Also, I believe she's still in love with her ex-husband.  And that he was her image of a perfect man.  I don't believe for a second that SHE left him.  I'm sure it is the other way around.

I imagine after she hits 30, she really started pushing hard for babies, and the ex eventually hates it and the fact she has become a shrew, and so he divorces her.  Yup.

And her friends can say she had her heart broken.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

Actually if I remember correctly the foreign participants of the show do not get paid - I think it violates the provisions of their K-1 visa.

Ah interesting.  Well, whatever the case, they signed up for this awful show probably hoping to get those "Happily Ever After" deals or to start making $ off of social media.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DiamondGirl said:

I think Sarah and Michael are the perfect couple.  I can’t stand either of them.  

I don’t know how those adorable kids came from those two.

Sarah's voice irritates THE FUCK out of me!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I thought it might have been a Ligne Roset Togo in a custom fabric. Togo starts at $10K - $12K. I think you might be right that it's a Roche Bobois Temps Calme.

I too was originally thinking it was a Liqne Roset Togo but for some reason I viscerally hate the Togo and I didn't get the same feeling with the sofa in question.

On 12/1/2019 at 3:47 PM, Spike said:

Are those sisters trying to look like Bjork or is it just surgery gone wrong?

Thank you!  They're from Finland?  They don't look Nordic at all.  She does look like she's been pumped full of fillers in her cheeks and botoxed and bleached everywhere else.  And I'm sorry, but Blake is setting off some gaydar vibes.  Not that there's anything wrong with that at all.  Maybe it's more metrosexual.

• Love 8
On 12/2/2019 at 3:52 PM, Jel said:

Re: the transactional marriage:

Aren't we also, mainly, looking for a life partner? Someone who you love, who makes you laugh, has your back, has similar values, cares about the same important things. Someone who you're going to plan with, travel with, buy a house with, have a family with, financial plan with? Etc. Country walks and sunset viewing are nice, but for me make up a small part of what goes into a long term, committed relationship.

If you met someone who had all that, but was homeless and jobless, you probably wouldn't marry the person.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I was on a mini-vacay & missed the airing of this episode, so I had to catch up last night. I'm also catching up on some Netflix I missed, (Birbiglia's The New One is totally worth missing 90 Day Fiance for!) so all I've got at the moment are my hot takes.

Emily is so incredibly vapid. "Gee, the guy who abandoned 2 previous children of his seems disinterested in spending time with his 3rd kid? Wow, who saw that coming, other than everyone?" I've started referring to her as "Emptily."

Julianna finally showed her true intentions: needling whatshisface for money or to buy her expensive, frivolous things. That sofa set for $14k was SO crazy-impractical. She clearly doesn't place any real value on money, or more specifically, on HIS money. When she gets her hands on some cash, she's very frugal with it. But his cash is for burnin'! I found it very telling that she said she bought the car with his credit card because she "wasn't sure" she'd get the K1 Visa. So... she decided to squeeze all the money she could out of him before it all blew up? Seems hella sketchy. I still think Max and CeCe deserve a better step-mom. And maybe their own show. Love those little wiseasses!

Natalie appears to think she's the only person to ever have her heart broken when a relationship ended. That's really not a unique experience, so I'm not sure why she and her friend were acting like she went through something worse than anyone else has and requires kid glove handling. She appears to be looking for a sperm donor more than a husband. When Mike said he wanted to be there for her whole pregnancy to take her to doctor appointments, her reply was, "I have my mom here for that." That made me think she wants to raise a kid with her mom, not with a husband. 35 isn't that old for child bearing, so her being in a rush strikes me as suspect.

OMG Tania. She brings a dude all the way from South Africa to live in a shed in her mom's backyard and then decides leaving him alone for a month in a foreign country where he knows nobody and can't work so she can prioritize becoming "the town witch doctor" when she only has 90 days to make a hugely consequential life decision. Syngin should cut bait and run, not walk, back to South Africa. Tania is a selfish, inconsiderate a-hole.

Jasmine seems like a giant  C U Next Tuesday. It's impossible to tell how she's feeling because her face is too frozen with botox to register any emotion. But her actions indicate she's interested in getting to live in the US with her sister, not in being Blake's wife. She barely seems to LIKE Blake, much less his friends. How is he so blind to her poorly veiled agenda? Love is blind, but is it also stupid.

Anny & Robert continue to bicker about petty, stupid shit. So doomed. So boring. If I wanted to watch a bad relationship devolve, I'd go home and visit my parents. 

Mursel isn't stupid, he's a dick. He straight up admitted to pretending not to understand Anna as a means of avoiding difficult discussions with her. When Anna was clearly upset, Mursel laughed in her face. This is the sort of GIANT RED FLAG that should be heeded because if he's not taking her feelings seriously BEFORE they get married, he's really going to dismiss her feelings once they are. Plus, he was talking shit about her sons. I can't imagine being that rude when I'm a guest in someone else's home. Mursel needs to go back to his bees & his beautiful Turkish village. He's a pill.

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
18 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Oh the moles!    Why don't they take care of them!  Doug on married at first sight has several ugly ones!

I dated a guy casually* who had a BIG brown mole in the center of his forehead.  It looked like a tick...a "full" tick (if you get my drift).  My sons wondered WHY he didn't have it removed.  One day he told me that a girl he's dating asked him to have it removed; he wanted my opinion.  I said YES!!! (but not as enthusiastically as I wanted to).  He had it removed and had a tiny scar...smaller than the mole.

*My boys were teenagers and that's why I dated anyone/everyone "casually."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Mursel isn't stupid, he's a dick. He straight up admitted to pretending not to understand Anna as a means of avoiding difficult discussions with her. When Anna was clearly upset, Mursel laughed in her face. This is the sort of GIANT RED FLAG that should be heeded because if he's not taking her feelings seriously BEFORE they get married, he's really going to dismiss her feelings once they are. Plus, he was talking shit about her sons. I can't imagine being that rude when I'm a guest in someone else's home. Mursel needs to go back to his bees & his beautiful Turkish village. He's a pill.

If his English is so bad, how did he understand that they were calling him "stupid"?  He understands waaay more than he lets on!  I need to find that meme mu hubby sent me of a guy wearing a bunch of red flags around his neck, saying "I made a scarf out of all the red flags you gave me!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Did we get to see the back of the strapless dress? I'm betting Anna must have quite a bit of back fat spilling over as I believe both Nicole and Mollie did. Not flattering! 

An aside to the strapless discussion, have you ever seen the wedding group picture of bridesmaids wearing strapless dresses seated in the church pews? From the back, it looks like they're all naked. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, magemaud said:

An aside to the strapless discussion, have you ever seen the wedding group picture of bridesmaids wearing strapless dresses seated in the church pews? From the back, it looks like they're all naked. 

I am not sure if it as this thread or another but there was talk of naked stalking, now we have naked bridesmaids!!!  Put some clothes on, people!!!  🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don't know - I've seen some larger women on Say Yes to the Dress in strapless and when properly fitted they looked lovely - but as a large woman myself I would not be comfortable - not because of the strapless thing but because ain't nobody seeing my upper arms!

Anna's dress wasn't properly closed because she had on a sample size and it would not close at the back - they had it just held together with a piece of fabric.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am not sure if it as this thread or another but there was talk of naked stalking, now we have naked bridesmaids!!!  Put some clothes on, people!!!  🙂

As long as there’s no naked beekeeping, it should be safe.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Evangeline said:

We're criticizing one cast member for getting (bad/too much) plastic surgery while simultaneously criticizing another for not getting plastic surgery. 

Mole removal?

On 12/4/2019 at 2:41 PM, Wollstonecraft said:

The best thing she could do to make herself look better is not with the better wedding dress, but to get those facial moles removed.  I had one removed as soon as I could.  It's like bad teeth, hair or skin; when they're looking good, you look good.   

Yes, I'm glad this delicate issue is being addressed in several posts. I've noticed the three moles get really inflamed to bright red when Anna is stressed or upset. It shouldn't be too expensive to have those taken care of.

When my daughter was a teen, she developed a small mole right under a nostril. I had a plastic surgeon remove it bc I was afraid of scaring, and no problems since. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cinsays said:

yeah, seems a bit different to me

If they're not a medical problem, it's cosmetic surgery. If it doesn't bother her, why is that a good use of her money? Why should it bother her? Not to mention unnecessary pain and the risk the scar might look worse than the mole - not everyone has the same results/experience. Even if it's probably not the same decision I'd make, I can't bring myself to criticize her for being more accepting of her appearance than people here are - and I don't think she has any responsibility to do it for the benefit of people who have to look at her. 

For what it's worth, I've had a nose job before (okay, technically 2) and am currently dealing with a rare complication from a very common cosmetic laser treatment I had done on my face to try and get rid of a small scar, which has been a very long, painful, and expensive process (not to mention unsightly - I traded a scar that no one noticed but me, for an ugly large scar that catches everyone's attention and I can't even successfully hide with makeup). Someone having a mole removed faces a risk of the same complication I'm dealing with. So I have perspectives on both extremes. I regret the minor laser treatment on my face. No regrets over the nose job(s). 

Edited by Evangeline
  • Love 6

Unless a mole is cancerous or problematic (or someone has a history of skin cancers, I imagine), getting one removed is for purely cosmetic reasons and I think there are sometime underlying issues as to why one can't get removed. I know my mom had a decent sized one near her eye that her doctor refused to remove unless it became a problem - it wasn't until it grew (the biopsy said it was non-cancerous) and was encroaching on the space near the eye before they removed it. 

Not everyone cares about conforming to other people's ideas of beauty. Personally I was annoyed when a surgery I had cut through a mole I had on my upper arm and the scar left the two pieces in different places. Franklin and I had been good friends for a number of years, now he's been split like the baby in the Bible. (What... y'all don't name your moles?)

Cheek implants are purely cosmetic, too - unless you want to wave the "I was molested, ask me how!" flag in public but honestly, making a pin and wearing it is probably a cheaper solution. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Evangeline said:

If they're not a medical problem, it's cosmetic surgery. If it doesn't bother her, why is that a good use of her money? Why should it bother her? Not to mention unnecessary pain and the risk the scar might look worse than the mole - not everyone has the same results/experience. Even if it's probably not the same decision I'd make, I can't bring myself to criticize her for being more accepting of her appearance than people here are - and I don't think she has any responsibility to do it for the benefit of people who have to look at her. 

For what it's worth, I've had a nose job before (okay, technically 2) and am currently dealing with a rare complication from a very common cosmetic laser treatment I had done on my face to try and get rid of a small scar, which has been a very long, painful, and expensive process (not to mention unsightly - I traded a scar that no one noticed but me, for an ugly large scar that catches everyone's attention and I can't even successfully hide with makeup). Someone having a mole removed faces a risk of the same complication I'm dealing with. So I have perspectives on both extremes. I regret the minor laser treatment on my face. No regrets over the nose job(s). 

I have had "buck teeth" my whole life. We were poor and couldn't afford braces. I was teased forever, and some kids were downright cruel. As an adult I tried to get braces, but insurance wouldn't cover them because it was a cosmetic issue and I was an adult. Last year my progressive connective tissue disorder went into overdrive and started destroying my bones. My teeth began to crumble. My jaw bone slipped. I now need both jaws broken and reset and the rest of my teeth removed for dentures. I am 39. Now it IS a medical issue.

If we'd had the money growing up then I absolutely would have had my teeth fixed. But we didn't. As an adult who has had multiple organs removed, I know there are risks even with small surgeries. Anna getting her moles removed is the least of the things that worry me about her. Maybe her insurance sucks. Maybe her deductible is too much. Maybe her doctor advised against it. Or mybe she is a fan of Nikki Tylor and Cindy Crawford and said "screw it."

I would love plastic surgery. I have been ridiculed for my teeth,  my crooked nose, and my disappearing chin. As far as I know, though, I wasn't molested-I just like feeling pretty.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Neurochick said:

If you met someone who had all that, but was homeless and jobless, you probably wouldn't marry the person.

How could you possibly know that? I don't even know that's true.

Homelessness and joblessness are temporary states, incompatible values are not. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jel said:

How could you possibly know that? I don't even know that's true.

Homelessness and joblessness are temporary states, incompatible values are not. 

I didn't mean YOU personally, but let's face it.  Most people if they met someone who was homeless or jobless, they probably wouldn't consider them a viable marriage partner.  

• Love 4

Sorry to damp-blanket the Anna-should-get-her-moles-removed convo, but the moles on her face are probably a pretty low priority for her, given that she has 2 children and a business to take care of and now, a weird Turkish dude who seems determined to make her life more difficult by pretending not to understand her whenever she wants to have a discussion about something he doesn't want to talk about. Like his family not knowing about his engagement to her, or his feelings about her sons. 

• Love 3
Just now, FrancescaFiore said:

Sorry to damp-blanket the Anna-should-get-her-moles-removed convo, but the moles on her face are probably a pretty low priority for her, given that she has 2 children and a business to take care of and now, a weird Turkish dude who seems determined to make her life more difficult by pretending not to understand her whenever she wants to have a discussion about something he doesn't want to talk about. Like his family not knowing about his engagement to her, or his feelings about her sons. 

She has three sons.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Not everyone cares about conforming to other people's ideas of beauty. Personally I was annoyed when a surgery I had cut through a mole I had on my upper arm and the scar left the two pieces in different places. Franklin and I had been good friends for a number of years, now he's been split like the baby in the Bible. (What... y'all don't name your moles?)

I had a tiny blue nevus on my nose for almost a decade that bugged the shit out of me, but no one else ever seemed to even notice it. I named her Dot.  I finally had Dot removed earlier this year (it was $180...why did I wait so long to do it???) and now there's a teeny tiny dent in that spot that absolutely no one can see...which I have named Dame Judi Dent.

To keep this post related to the show...all of these people are train wreaks and I AM HERE FOR IT.  They are the distraction I need from real life.  Keep it coming!

• Love 8

There is NO chance that Sasha will stick around with Emily. Emily really, really needs to learn something about Russian men, men there like to be men and dont like to be nagged to pick up domestic duties. Also, married men constantly cheat because of there being so many beautiful young women. Emily is CONSTANTLY henpecking and nagging Sasha in that so incredibly annoying teacher voice, nothing makes her happy, just complaining nonstop. I am sure that he just saw her as a quick fling and initially intriguing because he never met an American girl before. 

• Love 2
On 12/5/2019 at 2:13 PM, magemaud said:

Did we get to see the back of the strapless dress? I'm betting Anna must have quite a bit of back fat spilling over as I believe both Nicole and Mollie did. Not flattering! 

I don't like strapless dresses because I hate the way the boning usually digs into the bride's chest, the area always looks stiff and uncomfortable, digging into the breast s. Ugh.

I thought Anna said she needed a modest dress, because Murcel is Muslim? This dress, uh, doesn't fit that description.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I don't like strapless dresses because I hate the way the boning usually digs into the bride's chest, the area always looks stiff and uncomfortable, digging into the breast s. Ugh.

I thought Anna said she needed a modest dress, because Murcel is Muslim? This dress, uh, doesn't fit that description.

She could have borrowed NIcole's not so modest wedding dress...I am sure her mother would love to see some return on the money she spent on the nincompoop of a daughter!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

When Anna tried on the first dress, I was like, awesome!  A pretty dress, that is also flattering for her, and for once, the bride isn't choosing strapless.  I'm so tired of strapless! But lo and behold.....ugh.  She looks horrible, I'm sorry to say.

Strapless dresses will go into the "I can't believe I wore that" pile of memes we'll see in a few years.  I went to 5 weddings in one year, and every single one of them wore cookie-cutter strapless.  All 5 girls were petite and beautiful and young, which Anna most definitely is not.

Re:  The moles.  I'd get one removed, just to observe how the skin heals, what the scarring is.  Wait 6 months, and then evaluate the rest.  I've had 2 moles removed (on my back, and one on my thigh), and the scarring is so minimal it just looks like a paler spot of skin.  The added benefit for her is to have them biopsied which for me, was really important.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

Anna said she knew Murcel wouldn’t like it, but she wanted to wear what she liked on her wedding day.   I feel badly for Anna because she seems to make poor decisions and doesn’t know how to remedy them.  

The reason I despair for these two is that neither one seems to have an interest learning the other’s language. There are many resources for foreign language learning.  

• Love 2
On 12/5/2019 at 3:27 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

From the front also. I've seen brides take pictures sitting in chairs and it looks just plain bad. They are sort of bent forward and it looks like they have nothing on! The only people who look good in strapless wedding gowns are thin women with long necks and lovely shoulders, which is not most of us.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sterling said:

Strapless dresses will go into the "I can't believe I wore that" pile of memes we'll see in a few years.  I went to 5 weddings in one year, and every single one of them wore cookie-cutter strapless.  All 5 girls were petite and beautiful and young, which Anna most definitely is not.

I thought Tiffany, of The Other Way, had a gorgeous wedding dress, it had a bateau neckline with lacy sleeves, one of the reasons I loved it was that it was very different than the usual strapless mermaid gown. It was cut perfectly for her curvy figure, the waist sat exactly right,  I thought she was a gorgeous bride.

And a dress like that would fulfill the modesty requirement, although Anna decided not to go with that.

• Love 2
On 12/6/2019 at 1:18 PM, Neurochick said:

I didn't mean YOU personally, but let's face it.  Most people if they met someone who was homeless or jobless, they probably wouldn't consider them a viable marriage partner.  

Yeah, I don't think my wish list in a spouse is super extensive but Homeless and Jobless are certainly in my CON column. 

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 4