Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

All I can say is that this show brings a new meaning to boring boring boring. Hard to believe that the dialogue is so so awful. The kids all act like they are brain dead and go around acting really stupid. I have been watching only because there isn't anything new showing right now. I keep hoping each week that it will get better but it hasn't. You would think that the writers would have learned from the crappy dialogue for TWD. Guess not!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

My apologies if I’ve awakened any long since buried memories of this absolute shitshow, if anyone cares about or can even remember who this character is, then you might find this information useful, but otherwise, just close your eyes and go back to sleep, sllleeeeeeeeeeeppppp, it’s only a bad dream 😴 Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• LOL 1
(edited)

The Walking Dead: World Beyond Season 2 Goes to “Crazy Different Places” Visited by Rick Grimes

"These are some places that World Beyond will be taking place in. Two very different locations and there's a number of worlds this season on World Beyond," the Walking Dead chief content officer teased during a recent appearance on Twitch's TWDUniverse. "Very, very different locales that the story takes place in. It's two very different places, and there's a couple more crazy different places on top of that."

When showing glimpses of two new locations, including one with a metallic globe, Gimple said viewers "haven't seen places like this on the shows yet." Speculation that these mysterious locations are tied to the CRM is a "very good guess," Gimple said.

If we can have new locations, can I request that one is situated in ‘interesting-ville’, with the second location based in ‘I actually give a fuck what’s going on town’? 
I don’t know about anyone else, but a metal globe and a few sheets of inch thick steelwork / concrete certainly have me drooling over season 2 🤤   I can already feel the Snark coursing through my veins 🙄

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/the-walking-dead-world-beyond-season-2-crazy-different-places-new-locations-rick-grimes-scott-gimple/

A09448A9-103F-4317-A090-6448B0DFE763.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 1
(edited)

The Walking Dead: World Beyond Season 2 First-Look
The Walking Dead  Jul 24, 2021

‘TWD’ Universe at Comic-Con@Home: CRM, the Reapers, and Maggie vs. Negan
Meredith Jacobs  July 24, 2021
https://www.tvinsider.com/1006867/fear-the-walking-dead-world-beyond-comic-con-2021-panels/ 

The Walking Dead: World Beyond
The panel revealed that Season 2 premieres on October 3. Also announced were new Season 2 series regulars: Jelani Alladin (Will), Natalie Gold (Lyla), Joe Holt (Leo), and Ted Sutherland (Percy).

With this spinoff, we get quite a bit about the mythology of CRM and how it works with the other shows, and its second and final season “especially tells these in-between stories to really big things that are happening in the universe that really do join it together,” Gimple teased. “It really does fill in some story gaps or knowledge that the audience doesn’t have. It actually gets more and more intense that way as the episodes go on.”

Plus, “there will be a moment specific to that joining of the worlds or getting other information about the world, there are some very big moments and aspects to the season,” he continued, but added it’s “not Rick Grimes.” (Andrew Lincoln’s character was last seen on The Walking Dead on one of CRM’s helicopters.)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Dear God, are we that near already? I’d hoped they’d quietly forgotten all about it 😭

My annoyances with S11 of the main show are merely an aperitif to what’s coming with this shit show, don’t watch you say…………. I’m so weak😔

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Dear God, are we that near already? I’d hoped they’d quietly forgotten all about it 😭

My annoyances with S11 of the main show are merely an aperitif to what’s coming with this shit show, don’t watch you say…………. I’m so weak😔

6 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Well, they promised us only 2-seasons, which means there should be some resolve. I swear, if they decide to extend it to another season... 

I'll write angry posts here and watch it anyway. 

Sad 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

Y’all are so walker-whipped it’s pathetic.

I can say that, because so am I.  😆

• LOL 2

Are they finally crashing through the $1000 an episode SFX budget? The Whisperer-esque skin over a mask look may be the start of something interesting 🤔. Jadis / Anne is looking well at least.

Edited by OoohMaggie

Why was this not Season 1? At last it looks and feels like a WD show. Finally the kids are killing undead en masse. Funniest thing about the trailer is them giving the middle finger to all the popular ships (Iris/Silas, Elton/Hope, Elton/Percy) before the season even begins. The CRM soldier imitating the Whisperers...that looks so much better than the stupid Halloween masks they had on the main show. That looked freaking real.

However I will roll my eyes so hard if some rag tag group from the outside+inside manage to take down something as big as the CRM.

• Love 1

The Walking Dead: World Beyond Adds A Walking Dead Fan Favorite For Season 2
MEGAN BEHNKE SEP. 2. 2021 
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2572986/the-walking-dead-world-beyond-jadis-pollyanna-mcintosh-season-2 

Season 2 of AMC’s The Walking Dead: World Beyond is getting another addition to the cast! The Walking Dead fan favorite Pollyanna McIntosh will be reprising her role as Jadis in the upcoming ten-episode second season of the TWD spin-off.

Pollyanna McIntosh is returning to TWD universe for the upcoming second and final season of World Beyond, which will conclude Iris, Hope, Elton and Silas' story. They have journeyed across the country on a mission that has changed everything they once knew, and Jadis will be part of however that journey comes to a close. Pollyanna McIntosh, who last appeared on The Walking Dead in 2018, shared her thoughts on the opportunity to play Jadis again after so long:

'I love the character of Jadis and I love this world so getting to inhabit her again in collaboration with the talented team at The Walking Dead: World Beyond in beautiful Richmond, Virginia was a joy. I hope audiences will catch up with the first season now so they can fully enjoy this epic final season in October."
"In our story, years have passed -- we’ll get hints of what happened with that fateful helicopter ride and learn Jadis has new allies and alliances; she is a big part of connecting the CRM and Three Circles mythology that’s seen throughout all three series. We can’t wait to share it all with fans of the TWDU."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Smad said:

Why was this not Season 1? At last it looks and feels like a WD show.

The worry is that you’ve just watched the only good parts of the final season, a trick taken from the Mother show 😔. The clip did raise questions, let’s hope the answers are worthy.

Is the Horde made up of the 9000 odd they killed at their other community? If so the attacking Walkers are there by design or mistake then?

Its good to see Jadis keeping those legs in shape, look forward to seeing more, less so two blokes polishing each other’s faces 🤢.

It’s only ten shows, how annoying can one girl’s teeth be? 🐴

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
On 9/3/2021 at 7:34 PM, OoohMaggie said:

The worry is that you’ve just watched the only good parts of the final season, a trick taken from the Mother show 😔. The clip did raise questions, let’s hope the answers are worthy.

That's probably true about having seen all the good parts. However there has to be a time skip. Because these guys don't just become sudden zombie killers over night after the travesty of S1 of 'run and don't kill'. Biggest mystery for me right now is what Hope was doing inside CRM for all that time (assuming a time skip) because there is nothing about her story in the trailer. It's clear what everyone else is up to but not her.

Is the Horde made up of the 9000 odd they killed at their other community? If so the attacking Walkers are there by design or mistake then?

It seems to me the CRM has massive amounts of walkers stored away. They even have enough to waste them in dry runs (the scene with the walkers near a wall being blown up seems to be a test run). Campus Colony they managed to destroy with just a few hundred (the 4 helicopters with shipping containers). All I want is an explanation as to why they do it this way because it makes no sense to me right now. Why not use lethal gas or bombs and drop them inside the communities so the people in there turn and kill everyone?

Its good to see Jadis keeping those legs in shape, look forward to seeing more, less so two blokes polishing each other’s faces 🤢.

Not looking forward to all these couples with zero chemistry getting their freak on either (was bad enough having to endure that on the main show). Everyone (including Huck) is getting some sweet loving except Hope and Silas. I want those 2 to survive S2 so they can find someone to experience that with too. They are literally the most tortured of the bunch. Not to mention these two sacrificed themselves last Season for everyone else to live. If anyone should be getting sweet loving, it's them 😜.

Unlike some people, I don't expect Jadis to give us anything in regards to Rick. Since I'm not a Jadis fan, to me she is nothing more than another CRM person to provide me with info. Hopefully.

It’s only ten shows, how annoying can one girl’s teeth be? 🐴

Which girl are you talking about?

Edited by Smad
8 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Well at least E1 gave the impression that S2 isn’t going to be absolutely terrible 🤔, did what’s her face seem to know the soldier she killed at the end?

No she didn't know him.

Wonder if someone is going to open a thread for the Premiere considering it's out already.

• Love 1
(edited)

Obviously we can see those missing years haven’t been kind to Jadis, still I hope she can add that certain ‘something’ severely lacking in the dreary cast we’ve been saddled with. 

6AB27B5C-7812-4FB9-B3C4-A092107D0F9E.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Superclam said:

On a shallow note, that haircut does ol' Jadis no favors. 

Indeed, very Edmund Blackadder, that angle does at least draw ones eye away from the double chin on display above. Double chins, cake shops, this all makes our original group look rather pathetic, what with having to eat horses and all, but then there is the everlasting mystery known as Jerry 🤔🤔🤔

On 10/31/2021 at 4:22 PM, OoohMaggie said:

but then there is the everlasting mystery known as Jerry

I suspect there'd have been less outcry if they'd killed and eaten him instead of horsey. probably been more meat on him as well.

On 10/24/2021 at 3:41 PM, Superclam said:

So we get 3-4 episodes with Jadis, pretty much convincing me that there will ultimately be no point to this show, and it's just a set-up to the Rick movies that may or may not blah blah blah....

My view is that the set up here will be our junior heroes stop whatever unethical experiments the CRM are conducting on live subjects and other communities in this show, and it sets up the wider issue of the CR moving from marshal law to civilian govt, which will be the plot of TRMWADGTH etc etc.....

On 10/31/2021 at 11:32 AM, Superclam said:

On a shallow note, that haircut does ol' Jadis no favors. 

I nearly shat a kidney laughing when she said 'i gave the CRM something incredibly valuable' I what way is Rick grimes valuable? are they also conducting experiments into the causes of shit leadership in the apocalypse as well as all the walker dissecting stuff?

Edited by BasilSeal
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

Is Rick Major General Whosits that we keep hearing about? Is that going to be the end of the series "shocker?"

2 major flaws with that as I see it,

1- he’s way too thick to become leader of the CRM

2- he would have used his little helicopters to go and retrieve Mini-Me from Alex.

It could be Major General Michonne 😂

1- he’s way too thick to become leader of the CRM

That's never stopped anyone in this universe before! In fact, the stupider you are, the more successful you become. 

2- he would have used his little helicopters to go and retrieve Mini-Me from Alex.

You lost me with this one. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

You lost me with this one. 

Probably means Judith with 'mini-me from Alexandria'.

This current episode (s02e07) disproves any notion that Rick is Beale. Thank God that nonsense is over with.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Any ideas on the Jadis accent 🤔

I know the actress is Scottish, but that's a pretty standard American accent, with no particular regional emphasis. Last week (ep. 6) she was dropping her ending g's (gettin', endin') which implies a casual or informal accent. 

Did Jadis the character speak with a British accent, or am I not remembering correctly? 

• Love 1

Did Jadis the character speak with a British accent, or am I not remembering correctly?

I’m pretty sure she didn’t, I seem to remember thinking Maggie’s wasn’t much worse than hers. 

On 11/7/2021 at 2:16 PM, Smad said:

This current episode (s02e07) disproves any notion that Rick is Beale. Thank God that nonsense is over with.

Ha, it took until the last minutes of the episode for me to know what you were talking about. Still, it's possible that "son" in this case means adopted, like Judith and Henry. But Rick is probably not Beale. 

I'm still hoping for a Rick reveal in the 10th episode, but I'll likely be disappointed. 

On 11/7/2021 at 2:58 PM, Superclam said:

I know the actress is Scottish, but that's a pretty standard American accent, with no particular regional emphasis. Last week (ep. 6) she was dropping her ending g's (gettin', endin') which implies a casual or informal accent. 

Back in the mothership series’ GPK storyline?  No really - see below.

On 11/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, OoohMaggie said:

I’m pretty sure she didn’t, I seem to remember thinking Maggie’s wasn’t much worse than hers. 

IIRC one of the few discussions of the time for which there was actual consensus was about Pollyanna McIntosh doing a much better job of cultivating a believable American accent during her 2+ seasons on the show than did Lauren Cohan during her entire 10-ish year tenure.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

IIRC one of the few discussions of the time for which there was actual consensus was about Pollyanna McIntosh doing a much better job of cultivating a believable American accent during her 2+ seasons on the show than did Lauren Cohan during her entire 10-ish year tenure.

Advice to those trying to do American accents: don't do hard regional. Stick with generic. Avoid Southern or New York, you will sound ridiculous. 

• Love 1
On 11/7/2021 at 12:27 PM, Superclam said:

So here's a random thought I got from reading the comments of a youtube video, so take it with a barrel of salt:

Is Rick Major General Whosits that we keep hearing about?

I'm convinced that Major General Beale will be this guy

beale.jpg.3f18bb45cc7ff8e7b9b3c538812c10d8.jpg

(Nb this joke may not make any sense if you're not British.)

On 11/7/2021 at 4:22 PM, OoohMaggie said:

I think technically she's Shane's mini me, but i guess has to do whatever it is the CRM want and never try to return to Alexandria because the CRM would wipe out everyone there with extreme prejudice of he did.

yep, went right over my American head. 

Ian Beale is a character in the long running BBC soap Eastenders, the actor playing him is in his 50's and has been playing the same part for over 30 years, and it's not a very interesting character, last time i watched it, some considerable time ago he was running a chip shop. He's a a sort of archetypal dull middle aged failure, every time they mention the name major general Beale i think of Ian Beale  the thought of him running a post apocalyptic fascist police state in the zombie apocalypse rather amused me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Until pretty boy what’s-his-name said he was Beale’s‘s son, I was beginning to think “Major General Beale” was simply a made-up figurehead character created by the CRM - useful for assuming responsibility for questionable actions, and redirecting queries into a black hole.

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, Superclam said:

Also, I really want to go to a chip shop. 

Mmm mmmmmmm, Haddock  & Chips in a paper bag, Saveloy on the side, plenty of scraps, Onion vinegar dripping through your fingers, Rule Britannia 🇬🇧 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

was simply a made-up figurehead character created by the CRM - useful for assuming responsibility for questionable actions, and redirecting queries into a black hole.

I could have sworn that was the customer care department for my satellite Tv provider 🤔

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

Until pretty boy what’s-his-name said he was Beale’s‘s son, I was beginning to think “Major General Beale” was simply a made-up figurehead character created by the CRM - useful for assuming responsibility for questionable actions, and redirecting queries into a black hole.

I'm really hoping that Beale is NOT a middle-aged B actor, but the odds are in favor of it. 

That’s one face I Never thought I’d see on this forum, at least it wasn’t Ken Barlow  😱

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Superclam said:

I'm really hoping that Beale is NOT a middle-aged B actor, but the odds are in favor of it.

Isn’t Heath supposed to be making an appearance? 🤫