Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Muted

Damn it! But wait. Isn't this show a supernatural soap opera? Didn't it do like three star-crossed lovers stories with werewolves dating hunters? Aren't characters constantly hooking up with murderers? Or having sex in a mental institution? How is two normal, rational, single adults who engage in a slightly flirtatious friendship deciding to date too soapy for Teen Wolf? 

two normal, rational, single adults -- that's how!  LOL

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't mind that, as best friends' parents coupling up strikes me as a Disney type of storyline rather than soap opera. I like Sheriff Stilinksi's and Melissa McCall's current friendship just fine, no added romance needed.

Why couldn't they have had Lydia and Malia taking a class where the latter's education level wouldn't make her participation ridiculous? Maybe an elective in the Arts or an introductory foreign language class (assuming there are any commonly-offered ones Lydia doesn't already speak) where they might be able to start on roughly even footing? They could still get the fish out of water scenes, and since Lydia seems to quickly pick up the knack for everything they could still have her be the one offering advice to a stumped Malia as long as the class project wasn't about avoiding contamination of forensic evidence at crime scenes.

Edited by Bruinsfan
(edited)

I'm glad they're not putting Melissa and the Sheriff together. It would be too much, too corny and unnecessary. Plus I don't see the chemistry at all. The popular push for that pairing kinda proves the point that people are more okay with any old straight couple hooking up, yet become incredulous at the idea of an equally random gay pairing, like Sterek. There is nothing between Melissa and the Sheriff, they are purely platonic and the Sheriff is still grieving for his wife. It'd be way OOC and off base.

It is interesting to hear about backroom stuff though. (I propose a thread. For news like this, and all the con stuff.) Doesn't Jeff micro-manage? He was boasting at one con that he actually writes a lot more than what he's credited for. Or at least in the early seasons this was the case.

Edited by greenbean

As much as I like the idea of them together, I agree there's plenty of reasons not to go there. I just think "too soapy" is not one of them.

It is interesting to hear about backroom stuff though. (I propose a thread. For news like this, and all the con stuff.)

I spent an hour yesterday clicking links to convention interviews. We need a thread for behind the scenes stuff.