Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for a New Chapter In A 10-Year-Old Franchise

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

I'm going to give it the first 8 episodes, or whatever the first season is. After that, if I don't like it, I'm not sticking with it like I did FtWD. 

I hear what your saying, but because we love the ‘Zombie’ genre, it’s so tempting to give the show ‘one last chance’ to give us what we want, but one last chance turns into several last chances and we end up watching the whole damn thing, moaning as we go along.

It takes a pair of brass ones to actually quit a show midway, the fact that this show may eventually link with the main show, will probably provide me with the reason to stick with it, yet having seen what’s available up to now, it’s going to be a challenge to ride with it.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I hear what your saying, but because we love the ‘Zombie’ genre, it’s so tempting to give the show ‘one last chance’ to give us what we want, but one last chance turns into several last chances and we end up watching the whole damn thing, moaning as we go along.

It takes a pair of brass ones to actually quit a show midway, the fact that this show may eventually link with the main show, will probably provide me with the reason to stick with it, yet having seen what’s available up to now, it’s going to be a challenge to ride with it.

This is painfully true. But a year or two ago, it was Sunday afternoon, and I was thinking "I have to watch FTWD tonight." And the "had to" part got to me. It felt like a chore, and I realized I actually don't have to. From what I've read, I didn't miss anything. 

Anyway, I'll give this show its chance, but if it's crap, I'm out. 

• Love 2

Going to go ahead and drop this here.  Our first look at Julia Ormond on the show and again, with the black helicopters.

I honestly don't know whether to be impressed or just beyond weary that this is will be the THIRD show over a 10-year period to tease us about the helicopters without ever really spelling out what the deal is there.  But I'm admittedly a complete sucker for end of the world stories, so here we are.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Superclam said:

This is painfully true. But a year or two ago, it was Sunday afternoon, and I was thinking "I have to watch FTWD tonight." And the "had to" part got to me. It felt like a chore, and I realized I actually don't have to. From what I've read, I didn't miss anything. 

Anyway, I'll give this show its chance, but if it's crap, I'm out. 

It was a sad day when I didn’t actually look forward to watching the next episode of TWD, it was like someone had cut a big hole in my viewing life, I watch very little TV, so what I do watch is important to me, it was similar to the thought of The Game Of Thrones ending, until they completely ruined that. Which took some doing.
If there was any aspect of The Walking Dead  to make me quit, it’s probably the latest offering, I know we shouldn’t judge without seeing it first, but the very thought of it leaves me cold. 🥶

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, OoohMaggie said:

I'm going to give it the first 8 episodes, or whatever the first season is. After that, if I don't like it, I'm not sticking with it like I did FtWD. 

You're generous - if I'm not pulled in after 3-4, I lose patience.  Mr. Ctlady gets annoyed with me, saying I should stick it out longer until the actors and script writers find their groove.  But if it's only 8 episodes, I may follow them through.  The only drawback in my  mind is the age of the cast.  Whiny, petulatant or 'acting too tough for their own good' teens just don't appeal to me in the ZA

• Love 2

My guess is that is it only two seasons because they will merge the most "popular" and/or survivors from this show with the Walking Dead mothership.  I'll give it at least 3 episodes, and then decide if I want to keep going.  Based on the previews, I don't think I'm likely to see fourth ep, though.

27 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I'll watch it for at least a season. 

You’ve got watch for the full two, or you’ll miss Big Rick’s reappearance, how could you sleep at night if you missed that 😴

• LOL 2

‘The Walking Dead: World Beyond’ Wrapping Post-Production, With Fall AMC Premiere On Track

AMC Networks is managing to finish post-production on its third The Walking Dead series and still intends to air it in the fourth quarter of the year despite complications imposed by COVID-19.

The Walking Dead: World Beyond had already been delayed to the fourth quarter, but COO Ed Carroll confirmed during the company’s earnings call with Wall Street on Tuesday that it would be “set to go” as planned. The spinoff, first announced last year, was one of several shows whose status was reviewed during the call with analysts, which also featured a forecast for 30% lower ad revenue in the second quarter.

• Love 1
(edited)

Comic-Con@Home: AMC Sets Panels For ‘The Walking Dead’, ‘Fear The Walking Dead’, The Walking Dead: World Beyond’ And ‘NOS4A2’
By Dino-Ray Ramos    June 22, 2020 
https://deadline.com/2020/06/comic-con-at-home-amc-the-walking-dead-fear-the-walking-dead-the-walking-dead-world-beyond-and-nos4a2-1202966227/

AMC has unveiled its lineup for this year’s virtual edition of San Diego Comic-Con — also known as Comic-Con@Home which runs July 23-26. The Walking Dead universe will be out in full force with the franchise’s original series as well as Fear the Walking Dead and the newest addition The Walking Dead: World Beyond. In addition, there will be a panel for the vampire drama NOS4A2. Dates and times for the panels will be announced at a later date.
THE WALKING DEAD: WORLD BEYOND
The Walking Dead: World Beyond
makes its Comic-Con International debut as the third series in wildly successful The Walking Dead Universe. Moderated by Hardwick, the series’ panel will feature Gimple, Showrunner and Executive Producer Matt Negrete and cast members Aliyah Royale, Alexa Mansour, Hal Cumpston, Nicholas Cantu, Nico Tortorella, Julia Ormond and Joe Holt.

The Walking Dead: World Beyond delves into a new mythology and story that follows the first generation raised in a surviving civilization of the post-apocalyptic world. Two sisters along with two friends leave a place of safety and comfort to brave dangers, known and unknown, living and undead on an important quest. Pursued by those who wish to protect them and those who wish to harm them, a tale of growing up and transformation unfurls across dangerous terrain, challenging everything they know about the world, themselves and each other. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. But all of them will find the truths they seek.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Friday panel schedule for Comic-Con@Home (SDCC's 2020 virtual event) has been posted...
https://www.comic-con.org/cciathome/2020/friday

Friday, July 24:
2:00pm        AMC's The Walking Dead: World Beyond

The Walking Dead: World Beyond makes its Comic-Con International debut as the third series in wildly successful The Walking Dead Universe. Moderated by Chris Hardwick, the series' panel will feature TWDU chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, showrunner and executive producer Matt Negrete and cast members Aliyah Royale, Alexa Mansour, Hal Cumpston, Nicholas Cantu, Nico Tortorella, Julia Ormond, and Joe Holt. The Walking Dead: World Beyond delves into a new mythology and story that follows the first generation raised in a surviving civilization of the post-apocalyptic world. Two sisters along with two friends leave a place of safety and comfort to brave dangers, known and unknown, living and undead on an important quest. Pursued by those who wish to protect them and those who wish to harm them, a tale of growing up and transformation unfurls across dangerous terrain, challenging everything they know about the world, themselves and each other. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. But all of them will find the truths they seek.
4:00pm PDT    Comic-Con: Robert Kirkman at Home 
Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead, Invincible, Fire Power) shares his latest projects and answers your questions!

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Warning: I have not watched this entire video, so I don't know if there are any spoilers...

AMC’s The Walking Dead: World Beyond | Comic-Con@Home 2020
Comic-Con International   Jul 24, 2020

The Walking Dead: World Beyond makes its Comic-Con International debut as the third series in wildly successful The Walking Dead Universe. Moderated by Chris Hardwick, the series’ panel will feature TWDU chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, showrunner and executive producer Matt Negrete and cast members Aliyah Royale, Alexa Mansour, Hal Cumpston, Nicholas Cantu, Nico Tortorella, Julia Ormond, and Joe Holt. The Walking Dead: World Beyond delves into a new mythology and story that follows the first generation raised in a surviving civilization of the post-apocalyptic world. Two sisters along with two friends leave a place of safety and comfort to brave dangers, known and unknown, living and undead on an important quest. Pursued by those who wish to protect them and those who wish to harm them, a tale of growing up and transformation unfurls across dangerous terrain, challenging everything they know about the world, themselves and each other. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. But all of them will find the truths they seek.

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Warning: I have not watched this entire video, so I don't know if there are any spoilers...

No way I'm watching 48 minutes of that to find out! 

I'm going to give this show a shot, mostly because I don't have that much else to do. I'll be really surprised if I don't hate it. 

AMC+ to Debut Episodes of "The Walking Dead," "The Walking Dead: World Beyond" and "Soulmates" on Thursday, October 1

AMC+, AMC Networks' new premium subscription bundle, will premiere on Thursday, October 1 the much-anticipated debuts of The Walking Dead Episode 1016, The Walking Dead: World Beyond and AMC's new episodic anthology Soulmates. New episodes of The Walking Dead: World Beyond and Soulmates will be available on AMC+ every Thursday, ahead of the linear premieres on Sundays at 10pm ET/8c and Mondays at 10pm ET/9c, respectively.

No spoilers...

How The Walking Dead: World Beyond will be like Stand by Me
By Dalton Ross September 23, 2020
https://ew.com/tv/walking-dead-world-beyond-stand-by-me/ 

... We went to World Beyond showrunner and co-creator Matt Negrete (who used to write on TWD) to find out how this new tale will differ from the others before it, and it turns out that instead of Night of the Living Dead, Negrete, co-creator Scott M. Gimple, and Co. may have actually taken more inspiration from Rob Reiner’s 1980s coming-of-age classic.
So what’s this show about? And I’m not asking for a point by point breakdown of the plot, but what are the themes, and what ultimately is the story you are trying to tell?
[MATT NEGRETE:]
I think ultimately when you boil down what the whole series is about, it's essentially about growing up. The thing that really excited me about this new series is that it offers a different perspective of the apocalypse. We have the opportunity to follow a younger group of characters, because obviously on Walking Dead, we had had Carl and teenagers like Beth, and we have Judith, Little Ass Kicker coming up.

The thing that was exciting to me with the idea of having this group of characters that were younger, and they're essentially the first generation to grow up in the apocalypse. And so to be able to see the world through their eyes was really, to me, something that would really make the show stand out and to tell a coming of age story in the middle of the apocalypse.

It just seemed like it couldn't go wrong. I was a huge fan of Stand By Me growing up, where you go on this adventure, and you'll learn more about yourself and the world. When I first got the offer to do that, I just jumped at it because it just seemed so up my alley in so many ways. I think fans of the universe have seen the apocalypse, they know the rules of walkers — on our show, they're called empties.

But to be able to see it through this fresh set of eyes, it's not like starting over. It's not like they don't know how the dead work or how to kill. They do know how to kill them. And they've had these safety trainings back at the university where they're from. They have the intellectual knowledge in terms of what they're supposed to do and how they're supposed to survive in the world, but they've never done it before. So it’s an opportunity for everything to be brand new. And that's what's so exciting to me about the show.

You all announced that this is going to be a two-season series. Tell me how that impacts your storytelling, because on a normal show, you would start off not knowing how many seasons you were going to have to tell your story. However, you know your end date. How does that impact the story that you're telling, and why are you guys only doing two seasons?
Yeah. It's just a different format for us. The thing about World Beyond, it was always about how can we make this feel different? How can we support expectations in a lot of ways? And one of those is not having it necessarily be open-ended. I'm kind of two minds about it, because right now we're breaking episode 7 of season 2 with the writers, and we've all fallen in love with these characters. So I think for all of us, we feel like we could write these characters forever. But, at the same time, it's nice to be able to approach a series from beginning to end kind of knowing what our ending is going to be and working towards that ending.

It's not like, “Oh, we'll see what happens in season 6,” or whatever. We're going to go two seasons. It's going to be 20 episodes total. It's challenging, because there's a lot we need to fit in those 20 episodes. But, at the same time, it's great to approach it knowing what you're working towards. So we're really looking at these two seasons as two very different feeling chapters of hopefully a very satisfying book. We're closing in right now with the writers on the last few episodes. So we're getting down to the wire. It's exciting. I hope people dig it.

Edited by tv echo