Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Reset

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

This episode really depressed me. It was random, underutilized some remaining favorites and was kind of flat. Then it struck me where we are - we get the Purgatory episode and then crossover followed by spin off backdoor and only one more episode. I was ready for this show to end, I swear. 

Finally getting caught up with Arrow this season, and this is the first episode I've felt compelled to comment.

The reason being, as others have said, is that Oliver giving up and accepting Quentin's death not to mention his own is not only against years of character development but against who he is at his core. The REAL Laurel Lance said it best:

"I know who you are in your bones Oliver, and that person doesn't give up!"

Had this been anything other than the final season I would've fully expected Oliver to find a way to save Quentin anyway, despite the Monitor's attempts to throw the two into one unwinnable situation after another, his willpower pulling him through. Then do the same with his "inevitable" death in Crisis. However, since this IS the final season I don't expect that's how it's going to go.

Instead, we got an episode where the Monitor put Oliver in a time loop so he could teach Oliver to bark only when the Monitor said he should bark. Get on leash Oliver! Little doggy!

Edited by immortalfrieza

806 (Reset) – No Felicity Smoak.

806 (Reset) – No voiceover intro.

806 (Reset) – Oliver says what Felicity would’ve said, had she been there:
E2 Laurel: "How'd you find this place?"
Oliver: "Uh, we analyzed the bomb and traced the chemical signature back to this building."
E2 Laurel: "Interesting."
Oliver: "What?"
E2 Laurel: "Your mouth, but Felicity's words."

806 (Reset) – In this time loop, Oliver talks to Mia, Adult William and Connor:
Oliver: "I wanted to let you know - all of you know - what a - just what a gift getting to know you all has been."
Adult William: "Dad, you're going to a fundraiser. It's not like you're going into war - although I guess I can see the similarities."
Connor: "I think he's talking about Crisis."
Oliver: "I'm just really proud of all you guys. I'm really proud. I gotta go."
Mia: "Dad. You're gonna be fine."
Oliver: "So are you. All of you will be. Whatever happens."

806 (Reset) – Lyla Michaels, as Harbinger, explains things to Oliver:
Lyla: "Congratulations, Oliver. Now you understand."
Oliver: "I couldn't change Quentin's fate. I can't change mine either, can I?"
Lyla: "No. I'm sorry."
Oliver: "Why did the Monitor go to all of this trouble just to - just to prove a point?"
Lyla: "You've always been a man who needed to see things for himself. Telling you wouldn't have been enough."
Oliver: "How long have you worked for him?"
Lyla: "Awhile."
Oliver: "You lied to us, Lyla. You lied to John."
Lyla: "Keeping this from John has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do."
Oliver: "Then why do it?"
Lyla: "The same reason you left Felicity and Mia in the cabin. To protect my family."
Oliver: "You honestly believe that working with the Monitor is the best way to do that?"
Lyla: "It's the only way. The Crisis is coming. There is no stopping it. All we can do is try to survive it."
Oliver: "Okay, help me out here, Lyla. I don't even know what it is."
Lyla: "I know. But you will. Soon. What I can tell you is there is an evil coming that is greater than anything we've ever had to face."
Oliver: "Can we stop it?"
Lyla: "I don't know. But you are the only chance we have."
Oliver: "So everything I've done from the moment I left that cabin, this has all been some part of a bigger test?"
Lyla: "He needed to be sure you were ready."
Oliver: "He's just been sending me on useless missions."
Lyla: "They weren't useless. The dwarf star particles, Dr. Wong, even the anti-matter weapon, they all have a purpose. Just not the one you were expecting."
Oliver: "Why did he involve my children?"
Lyla: "Time is a gift."
Oliver: "What now?"
Lyla: "You complete your final mission. I'll see you there."

Edited by tv echo